Stitching Bonds [ Kaitou ]

[Westlands | Coast | Greater Wind Country]
From the eastern desert plains, to the infamous Westlands and the southern coast with its neighboring islands, the Wind Country covers an array of changing landscapes and other settlements. The people who live there are as diverse and powerful as the lands they live on.

Stitching Bonds [ Kaitou ]

PostPosted by Love » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Noriko didn't even believe it was possible, but after three hours of listening to the tired arguments of the Council's heaviest of 'Windbags', they had accepted her advisory to offer asylum to a mass of Iwagakure refugees. Immediately, she had set out to give word to the former Tsuchikage that was among them. While it was a major victory for Noriko, considering that more and more lately the Council objected to her orders as Kazekage. Still though, if it was a victory, it was far from a total one. The Council had approved the encampment to exist for only four months, which was two shorter then what Kyoka had originally requested. During this time, Suna would, of coarse, keep a watch on the refugees. Tensions between Earth and Sand had existed long before Noriko was even a Genin, so she did not expect such historical abrasions to disappear overnight, nor did she oppose the Council's caution, as she herself was concerned over what could go wrong with this arrangement. About one of the few solemn thoughts she had was that Kyoka, for as strong as he was, was a lot less imposing without a country behind him.

Noriko now found herself within the Iwa camp, or as she has now playfully nicknamed it, the Stonepatch. When she arrived in the encampment, she witness the stations arranged for doling out water, bread, and other supplies. There was also a larger white tent, one of the ones that had been used outside of the Sunagakure hospital when one of the larger underground aqueducts had collapsed and had injured many, arranged within the camp staffed with a few medics from the hospital there to treat patients.

She wasn't aware of what tent belonged to Kyoka, but out of both habit and curiosity, Noriko entered into the medic tent when she had passed by to it. A very skilled medic-nin herself, it had been a long while since she had been in a position to perform field work. As Kazekage, she didn't even get much time within the hospital anymore unless if it was for a facility review, being that the establishment was one of the prides of the Sand Village.

When she had entered, the faces of her medics were marked with surprise at the site of their superior. However, after the initial shock, they went back to their patients. Approaching the head of the facility, Noriko picked up the main chart and inquired to the status of the camp.

"The majority of them look to be in fine shape. The largest problem is heatstroke from adjustment to the climate around Suna." Noriko recognized the treatment going on in many of the beds, with light green chakra being applied to the forehead of those that were struck with overheating to alleviate the condition. "[color=green][b]There are a few more series injuries, but they were gained post-settling.

Noriko saw that one such condition was that a small boy had gained a substantial gash on his leg from playing. Noriko handed over the chart and relieved the attending medic. The Hyuuga's right palm lit up with a bluish green glow. At the tip of her pointer finger became a more noticeable sphere of concentrated chakra that was the thickness of a sewing needle. With great skill and precision, her hand quickly zig-zagged downward barely making contact with the boy's leg. As she sewed, the green chakra string acted like stitching wire. At the base of the gash she pulled tight, causing the wound to close and immediately applied her palm down with a surge of chakra. After a few seconds, the wound was completely healed other then the scare it had left behind.

She had incorporated the use of chakra threads into both her offensive Hyuuga techniques and her medical jutsu like this one. As with all things with her, this too related back to Hana, the Saihoushi were known for their threads. However, what this actually reminded Noriko of was some advice her sensei had given her when trying to teach her how to sew, which didn't go well she might've added. The gist of it was that to build friendship, you need to stitch many threads between two people to bind them closer and closer.
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love
Lethe ::HUG::

Re: Stitching Bonds [ Kaitou ]

PostPosted by Kaitou » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:01 am

K-thunk!

K-thunk!

K-thunk!

Time after time the blade of a half moon axe fell heavily upon the surface of lumber. Though its wielder could have split the pieces of wood with naught but his hands and would have certainly made a faster job of it if he used his own masterfully crafted weapons, he instead demonstrated restraint. Uncovered down to the upper hem of his britches the ex-Tsuchikage worked tirelessly with a small assortment of the camp's men. Their work had begun in the early morning when Suna representatives had delivered the all too necessary supplies to keep them going. So, in a need to work off a combination of sweat and frustration the man had decided to aide his fellow countrymen.

To say he had been busy since his meeting with the Kazekage, nearly a day ago, would have been the greatest understatement. His return had seen the moving of the refugees a mile and a half away from the stonewall gates which would give their hosts a close enough watch on their daily activities without having to feel as if they were being suffocated by their mere presence. From there daily logs were set up to record the comings and goings of his people, patrols of their own choosing set up to secure the perimeter, mundane tasks doled out to more individuals since they had finally found a place of semi-permanent residence, and just a great deal of other miniscule operations that came together to make a successful camp.

Just about to square his shoulders for another delivery hampered by the effects of Gouriki & Furooseigyo when a sharp whistle rang out from the nearest man to him. This act was followed by the resting of weapons to the majority of men's sides as they all admired the object of their affections in unison - not that they could be either seen or heard from the other side of the camp by normal ears -.

"What's the occasion, gentlemen?" Kyoka holstered the axe in a loop at his belt before following their line of sight. The situation soon became clear which brought a wry smirk to his face.

"Just admiring the lord's work, boss." The voice belonged to Loal. A regular Iwagakurian who seemed to have wrought iron for arms.

"Better not let your wife know then, Loal." Another chimed in as he leaned back against a pile of wood. "Now, me. I'm more than available."

A young boy straddling the fence between adolescence and adulthood broke into the conversation nervously. He had been ignored among the men for the most part in a "speak when spoken to" atmosphere, but the gravity of the situation was too much to hold his tongue. "So, what's she like Kyoka-sama? The Kazekage..."

"Terrifying..." It was partially true. He wasn't sure Noriko was aware of the power of her presence, but it was mighty. Even greater than he had originally anticipated upon their first meeting. With an off-hand he tossed his axe towards the boy who had been working with one that seemed to be on its last leg. "...and out of our leagues. Sturdy men like ourselves have to content ourselves with the fruits that fall to us."

"But a man can dream!" Someone piped up which immediately elicited uproarious laughter.

On that note Kyoka left the group to their own further machinations. One he might have entertained if not for the fact that he doubted Noriko had come all the way out here in her busy schedule just to peruse the camp. The thought would have provoked further contemplations had he not seen a little tuft of blonde hair making her way through the tents. Three quick strides and a quick sweep brought the little golden haired monster up across his shoulder to her discontent. Upon realizing who it was though the young toddler of his master surgeon calmed herself by making a mess of his brown locks.

It was to this picture that Noriko would find him walking into the medic tents.

- Don't Be Afraid To Create A World -

- Where You Dream No Little Dream -

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Love » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:18 am

"Excellently done, Lady Noriko" The Kazekage was complemented by the doctor she had just relieved, who had stayed by her side and to the back to watch the Kazekage perform. In comparison to what your standard medic was capable of, they would have had to use normal stitches, which would have included some pain, and would had been there twice as long to wait for the wound to heal. Noriko's abilities gained from her Kekkei Genkai at controlling the release of chakra and crafting it exceptionally well truly helped her standing as a medic. Many around her village saw her as the last the great Kunoichi, all of which had been exceptional medics. However, Chiyo, Kioku, and Hana were all gone now. Noriko had never even met the first two. The 'legendary' crew was actually a semblance of the progression of generations, each one being the student of the one before her.

Noriko paused for a moment. Thinking of this made her realize that she was truly the last of the four. There wasn't a fifth to add to the line. She had never taken a student, never passed down the medical knowledge that had been passed to her. She had never known anyone so great as to connect with them as she had connected with those from the generation above her, and because of this, she was suddenly struck with a feeling of failure. Unintentionally, she had ended the line.

Is there still time?

Just as this groping thought crossed her mind, she turned around to witness Kyoka walking in with the small child she had just worked to heal. She had been caught off guard. At first sight she was glad to have found Kyoko, but she had been thinking of something so important to her that she didn't immediately know how to address the man, not remembering if this was some formal matter, or if the informality they had been able to establish the day prior still carried over. Noriko had never liked manners, they only made social interaction all the more complicated.

Noriko met Kyoka half-way into the medical tent. "This one seems too quick to play. I imagine that's how that scrap got there in the first place." It was a casual conversation starter, yes, but delivered completely out of place considering that her tone was her natural one instead of being motherly or sincere. Looking now to Kyoko. "I didn't know where to find you, but it seems you've eliminated that need."
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Kaitou » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:08 pm

"You don't know the half of it m'dear. This little mons-" The abrupt ending to his words came from a tiny foot entering his mouth. Perhaps, at a later date, he would reflect on the significance of the maneuver, but at the moment it was nothing short of embarrassing. After lifting the child from his shoulders, Kyoka gave her a very disapproving look which was only softened by seemingly angelic innocence. In twenty years she was going to make some unfortunate man a worrisome husband.

His hands reached down to ruffle the girl's hair before he waved her off to her father. "Aye, you caused such a disruption among my men when you entered that I figured the only way to get them to work again was to come see you."

Behind the veil of calm brown eyes the former Daimyo searched Noriko for a hint of her current disposition. In the past for two people of their standing it would have been difficult to have a relaxed conversation without endless formalities, but somehow the overall feeling of their last meeting looked like it hadn't faded. Still, the man couldn't gauge her emotions in the slightest beyond the visceral points that meant next to nothing when it came to profiling. Odd. He could usually complete an individual's psychological profile within minutes. This was at least the third meeting with the Kazekage and he still felt like he hadn't even started.

"So, something tells me you didn't come here just to teach my personnel medical lessons." Kyoka mused as he lifted the tent flap. The thought that he might be in the presence of one of the greatest healers of their time had never crossed his mind until then. How so much utility could be found in a singular individual was beyond comprehension, but every day Suna likely thanked their lucky stars they had found such a talent. "Come, I'll show you around the camp and we can talk more...freely."

A sudden gust of wind sweeping from his homelands brought a look of concern to Kyoka's face, yet like the crashing of a wave it was there one moment and gone the next. He looked back towards Noriko and saw the promise of a new life. At least, for a short while he could shrug off some of the responsibility that had been placed on his life since birth. The debt he owed her for this time was beyond his anything his pockets could stand for it was priceless. Somehow. Some way. He would pay her back for her efforts.

"What's on your mind, Noriko?" Again he spoke without the honorifics. It was no slight to her station in the least. If anything it made talk easier in his mind if they looked at each other as equals.

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Love » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:05 pm

"A whole world of things, but none so large they could not be capsulated in a single grain of sand."

"I'm sorry that my presences has caused a disturbance amongst your men, they have just cause to be at odds what with a foreign Kage walking around." It was kind of like an ugly-duckling complex, but Noriko's personality, or maybe just her lethality, around Sunagakure was so well known that she never was met with the advances of opposite sex. Hana would dote on her and always tell her to start dating, but when it came down to it Noriko didn't see herself as being attractive to men. They were often times too afraid of her to give her this idea. "However, I bring word from the Council, and I've always hated having people summoned to me."

"The council has approved refugee status for your camp for a total of four months, so at least for now your people will be able to gain some normalcy." She followed only a step behind Kyoka, only because she was being lead through the village, and hadn't a clue where to go. She wasn't certain that bringing this subject up out in the open was the right away to approach it, but it was too important of information to let stand for long, as it was an essential keystone if the former Tsuchikage's plans for his people, whether they would be allowed to stay or if they would have to go. "I'm not sure if you know where you'll venture after that, but as you might well deduce I've been keeping tabs on the situation in Iwa from the time you were seen as a threat. If I hear anything major, I suppose you could say earth-shattering, I'll have you informed."

A thought from yesterday still lingered in the back of Noriko's mind. It was a simple question of whether or not the enemy you know is better then the alternatives. Kyoko, Noriko had decided, was a very dangerous individual as the leader of a shinobi village, but after having that position removed from him, he does not come off as threatening to the solemn Hyuuga. Part of the danger was knowing that there was an entire village behind his actions, the same danger any other foreign Kage would possess. The power void Kyoka left could give rise to something far worse then an elderly visionary.

"Tell me Kyoka, do you have any family?" She wasn't sure why she had been so blunt about this. However, Noriko never understood how she could be expected to date and build one of her own with the responsibilities and securities of the position of Kage behind her. She assumed most who take the title had already established lives before ascending that high. She could not tell if the fact she hadn't was a blessing or a curse, but with Hana gone along with all the previous generations of the Kazekage, she had no where else to turn for such inquires from equal ranked individuals then looking outside her borders. "I ask because you have lived so long that it would be folly to expect otherwise, and because given what I know of your plans and your current situation, it must have been...troubling," She had paused for a moment in selecting this term. "For such people"
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Kaitou » Wed May 04, 2011 12:43 pm

He cast a museful glance in Noriko's direction from her words. It would seem that occasional philosopher would have to be added to the wind shadow's list of achievements. "Hmph, I wish they were that attuned to nuances. They just have a habit of slacking off when they see something pret-"

Kyoka's sudden stop might have caused Noriko to run into his back. However, if that were the case he could barely feel sensation at the moment anyway. Four months? What was he going to do with his people when that expired and just where was he going to move them afterwards. A two month gap might have seemed miniscule in this situation, but it at least warranted him just a bit more time to look for something lasting. "I...thank you."

The man forced his legs to move again while giving a half-assed apologetic sign for his sudden stoppage. Somehow he managed to keep his mental strains separate from the small village tour as he gave directions of what they were going to be doing for natural water resources, restrooms, living quarters, and other like minded functions necessary to the daily survival of a populace.

"Tell me Kyoka, do you have any family?"

The question caught him unaware - something the young woman was doing a lot of lately - and caused a wistful smile to cross his face. The two had wound their way to the outskirts of the relatively small camp just below an upraised outpost made of wood and chakra. A peak towards the sun's shadow gave the semblance of it being just after noonish, not to mention the small twangs of hunger that had begun pestering him half an hour prior. "I have three beautiful daughters actually. The first two happened during my younger days and were completely beyond my control." A sly grin crossed his face at the memory. "My third was an adopted daughter about twenty years ago during my travels...she recently passed away."

Kyoka grunted as he folded his arms across one another, "My first two must have seen at least sixty sun cycles, now. If it wasn't for differences with their mother and responsibility I would be with them at this very moment." He conveniently left out the fact that his recent stunts as Kage had left their goddess of a mother more than peeved with their very mortal father. "I'll tell you one thing though Noriko. Family was the best mistake I ever made. This business that we've devoted a lifestyle to will ruin your humanity and scar your soul. Family's our only saving grace."

A loud grumble from his stomach ruined the atmosphere, causing him to drop his serious expression. "Hungry?"

He began walking towards the starting point of their journey since the kitchen was along the way anyway, however about a minute or two later he added to his previous statements. "I always wished I could have a son though..."

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Love » Sun May 08, 2011 8:50 am

Noriko did brush his right arm when he suddenly stopped. She almost felt the need to apologize, but didn't. She knew, given the topic, what it was he was thinking of, and she didn't blame him for it. This camp was the last shred of his former life, it's only natural that he wanted to preserve it for as long as he could.

At the offer of food, she graciously accepted. It would give them more time to discuss things, for already what Kyoka had said was of great interest to the woman. The old line of Kazekages were all but gone from Suna, and while she should probably have some reservations about seeking the companionship of a man who had served as a rival Kage, Kyoka was the only person in the entirety of this vast desert that understood the burden on her shoulders.

Noriko was a little concerned with what Kyoka had said, not even because it had been so unexpected. Hana had basically admitted to her the same thing, yet hearing it from another such person to have held the title of Kage only confirmed it. Noriko was starting to see Kyoka as being more human then she had given him credit for. He had a wide vision in his mind, and had a narrow sight to accomplishing that vision. However, maybe his removal from power had been the kind of awakening the man needed to push him off his hand-picked path. Even he saw family as important, as saving to one's sanity. Every day Noriko grew older, but she didn't have a single person to call family. She never thought time for that in her devotion to the village.

"My father was the same way." She never really liked discussing her father anymore, but she wasn't sure if Kyoka could tell this. "He had always been disappointed that I wasn't a boy. He thought that because of it, I would never be as strong as I could have been. I suppose we never really live up to our parents expectations though."

"If I had, I'd probably be rotting in some Konoha prison by now for crimes against the Hyuuga." She assumed that she wouldn't have completed her father's aim, or even if she did, that she wouldn't have made it away. Still, doing so would have only made her a missing-nin by all rights, an equally deplorable notion.

"I'm sorry for the lose of you daughter, and even the strain with the other two. If I learned anything from my mentor, it would be how distance from one's child can affect them. The concern for her family had led my predecessor to advocate the position of Kazekage to me, to search around the globe for trace of her children who had run off. It's even what caused her to risk her health, leading to the injury that eventually claimed her." Even if not in words, Hana had taught Noriko how important family was. Yet, she had never been able to grasp that notion until Hana was gone.There will always be a part of the Hyuuga that thinks she should have heeded the warning from the Saihoushi the night Noriko was made Kazekage.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Kaitou » Mon May 09, 2011 12:44 am

Perhaps it was the fact that they had been spending more time together recently or simply that he seemed to key in on her words more than most people that had crossed his path in his long lifetime, but there seemed to be a hint of negative emotion in the inflection of Noriko's voice when discussing her father.

Kyoka nodded to a passing young boy, burdened by the weight of armaments that didn't quite fit him, hustling towards the nearest watch post. The scene triggered an old memory for the former Tsuchikage of his own old man. "I can relate, albeit under different circumstances. I was the son my father never wanted. For years I lived in the shadow of the clan chief's son for he was what I was apparently supposed to be. More skill. Greater potential. Better leadership." A glint of amusement filled his eyes after looking in Noriko's direction. "It's funny how blind parents can be."

Still, the thought made him reflect on where the two of them would have been if they had made different decisions in their past. How would the world have been shaped if the one of the greatest medical talents the world had ever seen had stepped down the path of an Uchiha Sasuke? As a matter of fact, what would have happened to his development had his father never been a borderline psychopath. It was an age old question that pestered him up till this day. What was it that made the substance of an individual? Why was it that some individuals could forge a path just by will and coincidence alone while others had to strive for near perfection just to take a simple step.

"Arigato." There was a faint thinning of his lips before he continued. "The loss falls squarely on my shoulders. Even if it is unbearable I will shoulder this weight."

The sweet scent of glazed buns clung to the air like mist in the early part of morning. In answer to the recent stimulation, Kyoka's gut gave an embarrassing rumble which caused him to take an immediate interest in whatever was opposite of his companion's gaze.

"You know the more I hear about the late Kazekage the more I respect the woman." One arm parted the tent flap leading to the camp's "mess hall" while the other moved to direct Noriko in front of him, "It takes some kind of special to capture the hearts of not only the soldiers, but the people as well."

There was a brief hush ushered over the room at the duo's entrance followed closely by soft gossip springing to the lips of the occupants. As they walked down the aisle towards the back where food was being issued one could hear bits and pieces of the hot topic. The usual shock and awe of seeing a high profile figure of another country seemed to be the greatest buzz accompanied by "beautiful" and "surprisingly imposing for her stature". Of course there were those, mostly of the older crowd, who keyed in on the wind shadow's presence being a sign of something important. By the time they made it down to the food line Kyoka had even heard a whisper concerning how the two would have made a wonderful couple.

His eyes alighted on a healthy piece of steak once he grabbed a plate. There was a slight moment of hesitation and a glance at his host from the corner of his eye before Kyoka decided to slide a piece of the object onto his platter. "Hmm, maybe I should have just asked them to deliver us lunch." He mused after adding a small portion of veggies. "If you don't mind me asking, why the new curiosity in family?"

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Love » Mon May 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Noriko could hear all the same whispers that Kyoka was picking up on, and above anything, they made her feel as though she had made a mistake by coming down here in person. She was probably saying too much at any rate, something that was confirmed by the fact that Kyoka was becoming suspicious of her questioning. She was letting her guard down too easily out of this convoluted desire of hers to understand what it was Hana had wanted for her.

Noriko was a vegetarian, so she strayed away from the stake. However, by the time Kyoka had posed her with his own question, she seemed trapped in a corner. "I've always had an aversion from failure" The truth probably was the only thing that would get her out of this. She had never been a good lier. "It's the reason why I've become as much a success as I have. There are certain things lately that, I not so much regret, as I've just been curious of, to see if they constitute failures."

"I'm not sure if you're immortal, or just terribly old, but either way I doubt you'd understand. My life is finite, I will not live nearly as long as you have, and the older I get, the more I begin to feel like a relic of this place. I'm the last of the old ways, the last living Kazekage. Lately, I've been urged to pick a successor, but..." She paused. "I've said too much."

She dabbed her mouth with a napkin and then quickly threw it on the table. She had to get out of here, away from Kyoka. "I'm sorry." SHe moved to leave.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Kaitou » Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 pm

He nodded at her words in a contemplative manner. Her words seemed like the conclusive efforts of a logical person. In fact the more she spoke the more she reminded him of himself. Although, when the matter of age was brought up a small wave of confusion passed across his features. In terms of his own clan he was thought to be just leaving the younger generation by his age. Not to mention he knew...said too much?

Kyoka turned to reach an arm out for Noriko only when his fingertips brushed her skin his hand dropped. For one he didn't want their audience getting the wrong kind of idea, but his other reason lay in the self doubts of their dynamic. There was something clearly wrong in her demeanor for what seemed like the entirety of the day. So, there he stood transfixed like an obelisk without the slightest of clues what to make of the situation. His head told him to leave everything alone. To start plotting for the next move, getting a firm grasp on what to do when their contract ran up in Suna, to...

"Shouganai." Long strides took him away from the kitchen and through the lunchroom in a matter of seconds. Hot desert air set his face aflame as soon as he stepped outside once more, and even as the sun was approaching towards the latter portion of the evening he still had to squint to find Noriko. "Hey. Slow down"

Already sure he looked the part of the fool, Kyoka jogged towards her with the intent of simply stopping her progression. There was a moment of indecision before he reached out to grasp the back of her right hand, then moved to intercede her path. His voice was as soft as a feather and lower than a whisper when he spoke, "Just...talk to me."

Amber eyes gazed without a care in the world other than what was happening right at that very moment. As ancient as they might have seemed they were still filled with understanding; he knew exactly how she felt. What did a person do when their time had come to pick up the pieces they had abandoned in life for the sake of one goal.

He knew.

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Love » Thu May 19, 2011 6:59 pm

She probably shouldn't have done that. This idea crossed her head the moment she was outside of the encampment. If her village was going to play host to a score of refugees for the next four months, maintaining healthy politics between the village and the encampment was probably a must. It was selfish of her to have run out, but the truth was, for the first time in a long time, Noriko felt scared. She didn't know what to do with herself, and that uncertainty was like a parasite within her. However, that wasn't all that had scared the normally docile Hyuuga. Out of her desire, out of her need, she was letting Koka in. The normal defenses that she kept up around nearly everyone, save for those now dead, had been dropped. She felt vulnerable, and the situation was only make worse by a simple fact...

"I can't..." She turned to face Kyoka, but didn't look him in the eyes. Instead, her gaze was directed down and to the left, directly catching nothing but sand on the desert floor. "I don't know what you are." That was the fact, the reason why this was ever more dangerous for Noriko. "You were my enemy till just weeks ago, and I was a fool to have told you so much. I don't know what you are to me now." She felt it, something weird and foreign to her. It was an anxiousness in her heart, a slight increase in her pulse. This were signs that other people might well understand right from the start, but which had barely made notice in Noriko's life until this point. However, as a medic, she was aware of her body, and for her alertness it brought more uncertainty to her thoughts about what this meant. The closest thing Noriko could describe it two in her life was one of two events. The day she had first held the triplets just after their birth, and the feeling of happiness she had for Hana over the late Kazekage's growing family; and the feeling that had struck her when she had been told that Hana had died, unbelievable grief.

"There is something missing from my life. That much has been made clear by what was just said, but for me to think that you, of all people on this whole planet, I could fill that with, is just insane." Her eyes turned to look Kyoka straight in the face. "How could trust ever be shared between us?"

She needed Hana...now more then ever.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by Kaitou » Fri May 20, 2011 12:26 am

Ba-dum.

His heart felt as if it were about to burst out of his chest at any moment. Why? Sammael Kyoka's life had always been about control; in fact he had pretty much been raised to have complete mastery of everything to deal with the subject. Whether it was the battlefield, matters involving women, or even down to the very way he lived his daily life...he was always in control. Then, why? She hesitated and his pulse seemed to slow just to wait for her next words. When her eyes alighted on his face an electricity ran from the crown of his head to the sole of his feet. There was only one way to describe this state, yet no matter how much his mind perused memory he couldn't put his finger upon when it happened. More importantly, why had he allowed it to reach to this point.

Ba-dum. Ba-dum.

From a logical perspective what was occurring between the two of them made no sense, however that was often the case with these types of situations. Kyoka couldn't even remember the amount of times he had given his blessing on a courtship that had seemed on distant ends of the spectrum. Hell, quite a few times the man had laughed over a drink concerning the commonality of such events. How incredibly quaint was it that someone who had lived nearly their entire life without finding themselves caught in the "trap" of human emotion, had been blindsided by the very subject in the most ludicrous of fashions.

"I don't..." He began before falling silent. His right hand raked through disheveled hair, yet he once again he couldn't break the gaze of those pools of light. Unlike days prior where they seemed to strip him bare to find the truth; they now waded through the mystery that was his existence , searching for something that couldn't be found in a single instance.

Kyoka's next actions happened without much thought. There was no rhyme or reason to why he did what he did, but for some reason it felt right. He honestly didn't know how to proceed. His only hope was that she could use that all-seeing gaze to perceive his heart. So, the man slowly lifted Noriko's arm - having never let go of her wrist - and pressed the palm of her hand against his heart. "Do you feel that? The heart doesn't lie. But..." His eyes never faltered for his next words nor did the beat of his chest. "If you feel that you cannot trust my words. Strike me down, Noriko."

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

Return to Wind Country