The Caged Bird Flies [ Leaving ]

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

The Caged Bird Flies [ Leaving ]

PostPosted by Love » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 pm

"So this is what it's come to, huh?"

A lone girl, white in hair, stood at the foot of what would appear as a statue to the unaware. She wore a white kimono type garb, more like a shirt then a dress, with a blue skirt. On her back was dangling off of a shoulder worn leather strap an odd short staff at just above the level of her butt. In her hair there was a light blue butterfly that looked like a barrette. Her oddly red eyes gave her something more of an albino look considering her pure white hair.

WIth a very grim expression, she starred up at the figure of a man. A tear swelled, and then flowed down the right side of her face. It dripped off her chin as she stood there for a moment at the sight of Long Fei, former Raikage. It wasn't a statue or a memorial, something worse. Her hand moved up and pulled something out form being tucked into the necking of her undershirt. It was a single blue feather, feature a few beads, attached to a simple chain. It had been given to her by the man she look on now. She was wearing it wrong, according to what he had told her at least. That was because she intended to save it until she had found a true love, something of a writ of passage.

"I suppose you'd think this a betrayal of me, but more and more I just feel like a caged bird." She turned the feather once before tucking back into safekeeping. "I don't think animals can live like this, humans neither."

"I'd like to think you'd understand." She said softly with her head down towards the ground. It was a shameful admission for her. She probably looked like a crazy woman, speaking to herself before a statuesque figure.
Last edited by Love on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love
Lethe ::HUG::

Re: The Caged Bird Flies [ Open | Leaving ]

PostPosted by Love » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Out of the large leather satchel, which already had what Misake was now reaching for partially exposed, the girl pulled out an odd, blue hair decoration. It had been an accessory she had worn for her youth, at least as much of it as she had been Genin for. It was made form wood, and had been used to pin some of her hair with. Hardly a fitting memento, but she wanted to leave something of herself behind. It seemed fitting to her since she was leaving with something of his: the feather, and a card. Hopefully, also, his blessing.

Kneeling down and using both of her hands, she placed the small trinket at the feet of the statue very solemnly. With a polite bow of her head, she said a silent goodbye. It was true that she hadn't known this man for that long, but he deserved better then this. She had instantly felt akin to him. Some of it could be explained by a mutual appreciation of animals, or a shared trait in summoning. However, it was more then that. They had like hearts, the same outlook on the world, at least so far as Misake could judge for herself.

"I'll make you proud, as best I can."

She rose, and turned form her spot. She would still have to make her way through the half-ruined village around her. She hoped she would not be stopped. She wasn't the type to fight without cause. She supposed that she should feel more brotherhood with her fellow shinobi, but living in the large village that Kumogakure was only had taught her to depend more upon her animals then the others around her. They saw animals as pets, as laborers. She saw them as something more, she had them at the status of equals to her. However, she did feel a rightful debt to the village. It had made her stronger, strong enough to say that she would have her dream of seeing the world outside her farm-upbringing fulfilled.

Strong enough to fight for what she believed in.

Cho, the butterfly upon her head, had already explained to her the consequences of what she was about to do. The noisy, though silent considering that the butterfly's voice could not carry past Misake's ear, insect had even advised the girl against it. She would, as she understood, be labeled a missing-nin for this action. However, she didn't think of herself as part of a military regiment. She was free, a notion that was granted to her since her first breath. And freedom, once surrendered, cannot be won back. She wasn't going to let herself be tamed.

Walking from the enshrinement, Misake intended to make for the roofs, and then into the rubble of what used to be a mighty village. With luck, she would not be discovered until she had already fled the Land of Lightning, or at least the village at its stead.

[ OOC: Since its been 24 hours I've moved to post. However, in fairness to allow for opposition, I haven't yet ICly left the village. After letting this stand, if no one shows up, I'll consider it a silent consent for her leaving the village.]
Poison on your lips
Love

Re: The Caged Bird Flies [ Leaving ]

PostPosted by Love » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Misake made her way quickly through the ruined village, transversing the rubble until she was out into the forest that surrounded the mountain-based village. There, on a tree branch, she stopped. Her heart was racing now, more then what it should be simply from the cardio of the run. She turned and looked back upon her village once more. Without any words, she turned back around and took off into the trees. A free bird is meant to be among the clouds, but not live within them.

[End]
Poison on your lips
Love

Return to Takama-ga-hara