A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

The ruins of the once mighty village. Beware what lurks inside.

A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Kyoki » Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 pm

The place was a mess. Rubble everywhere. Collapsed buildings. Rats and roaches everywhere. It was almost sad, but even more so, it was a masterpiece.

"All this beautiful destruction... Surely a work of my Lord"

Each step Sonja took echoed in the desolate ruins of what once must have been a city. The air was stale with just the smallest hint of mold and sea. Gulls flew overhead, their impetuous cries breaking the silence. The grey skies told no stories, they only held the sadness of thousands suspended above the earth, their souls unable to rest because they had not been men and women of faith.

"Jashin Punishes those who do not believe..."

Still, she felt some sense of duty, and so she took a moment to kneel, praying to her lord to forgive those who died. Forgive them for their wrongs, of not believing, and of dying in a pitiful manner. As she knelt she could feel the eyes burning into her, the eyes of people that seemed to be there and yet invisible. She didn't know if they were souls that she felt, or something else, but whatever it was, she continued her prayer, as shortening it or becoming distracted was a sure sign of sacrilege.

Minutes later, she returned to her journey, and to her task at hand.

"Misaro Umoji... Black Hair. Pale Skin. Small frame. Glasses."

Her job was to bring him in dead or alive, and collect the bounty on his head. She already knew which way she would be bringing him back, but she had to find him first. She had a picture of him, and a general location, but seeing the size of the area, and the lack of the people around, she knew it would be difficult. Still, it was her job, how she survived, and how she served her Lord Jashin.

"Praise be to Jashin"

She didn't know what crime the man had committed, nor did she care. All she knew was that he did not believe in Jashin, and for her, that was enough.
User avatar
Kyoki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Knyves » Mon May 02, 2011 4:42 pm

He didn't know who this man was, or what crimes he'd committed, nor did he care. All he knew was that he wanted a body guard, and that was enough for Souhei. Though many would say that the young martial artist was in it strictly for the money, that couldn't have been further from the truth. He didn't need money, he could hunt and scavenge, and sleep in the tree tops if necessary. What he needed was a challenge. The chance to fight an opponent his greater. The chance to learn, to develop, to adapt.

So he'd signed up. Anything for the chance to seize strength. And now here he sat, watching the puny pencil pusher push his puny pencil. Pathetic, how others sacrificed physical strength to gain mental prowess, or vice versa. Souhei wouldn't know about that, because, even at fourteen, the Seisen were in perfect physical condition. His body had not an ounce of excess weight, and every muscle constantly performed at peak capacity. His mind too, was sharpened like a razor, dissecting fact from fiction as though it were simply a matter of noticing the color of the sky. So, as he read the little man's scroll upside down, drom across the table in the tiny cafe where they'd met, he knew this man was up to no good. Looked like financial ledgers. Perhaps an embezzling scheme. Which would explain how such a small man came across the necessary fortune to hire a bodyguard from one of the most prominent martial arts clans in the Ash Country.

Souhei's body, corded in muscle as it was, was robed in a simple pair of shorts and a black sleeveless shirt, both for ease of movement. At his hips were a few weapons holsters, nothing terribly threatening. His body was small, not the shape of a mammoth of strength, but not so small that one might assume his only advantage was speed. No, Souhei resided in that happy medium, where he had the necessary strength to overcome most obstacles in his way, without having to sacrifice any of his speed for the builkier, heavier muscle mass that others might require.

"So how long shall you require my services sir?" Piercing green eyes scanned the nervous wreck's facial features for a moment or two, white hair and clothing catching a sudden draft of wind that tousled them about and ruffled the scroll that Umoji was currently embedded in.

OOC: I'm working on Van Auksen Weapon Right now too, but I've got finals, so it'll likely be thursday...
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Kyoki » Mon May 02, 2011 5:08 pm

She continued her journey further into the ruined city, where The sounds of life began to spring into existence. A few scrawny runts of children played with rocks as their mother dusted the front of their small shack of a house. She looked tired, sad, and worn down with despair. the kind of person that Jashin usually put out of their misery quickly, and although she wanted to do him that service, She had more promising persons to deliver to him. As she walked the children stared at her and the mother shook her head in disappointment before telling her children to go inside. Maybe it was the fact that she carried a sword, or maybe it was the way she dressed, both rather unusual for someone of her age, and yet, she did not worry about what other people thought of her. She only cared for her Lord and service to him.

Pitiful little creatures. Jashin shall have them all eventually.

She continued her walk deeper into the city, and more and more people seemed to be alive, having rebuilt parts of their civilization so that they could continue their lives. New smells entered her nostrils, that of food, and that of people, and most of all, that of blood. She could smell so many different kinds of blood it intoxicated her and for a moment she closed her eyes and paused to let it all sink in. When she opened them she continued on, reaching a small shack that seemed to hold a lot of people. It smelled of simple food and drink, and of people. a lot of people. Some of them smelled like blood. Some of them smelled like different kinds of blood, and some, they had no scent at all. She guessed that the ones that smelled like different bloods were killers or criminals, or at the least warriors that could serve Jashin, but again, her mission was not that, it was for one man, and one man only.

"Have you seen this man?"

Her voice was quiet and almost lethal as it slipped free of her slender lips. The man she asked Seemed to not have known him, the look in his eyes unfamiliar to the picture. He was of no use to her, so she asked another, One who smelled like different bloods.
User avatar
Kyoki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Knyves » Mon May 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Luck, fate, the will of the gods. Whatever terminology one chose to use, it didn't change the fact that by some strange turn of events, Souhei's charge had risen from the table and excused himself to a back room some thirty seconds before the woman entered. It was an easy enough thing picking up on her presence. The killing intent there was unmistakable. She was a few years Souhei's elder, though that rarely meant much in the world of bloodshed and shinobi. She was looking for his charge. Well, the other wasn't quite yet his charge, but after a demonstration of how close the puny man had come to meeting his demise at the end of this girl's blade, Souhei was relatively certain he would receive payment in due time. But, that didn't change the situation any. She had asked if he'd seen Umoji.

Placing his glass back at the table, he deftly slid his chair back, rising to a standing posture to greet the lady. Etiquette and formality were important in showing respect for others. Moving to the side, he slid his chair back into place, taking his time. "I will not lie to you. I have seen that man, and am currently in his employ. He requires protection from the likes of you."

Souhei was no stranger to a blade. He knew he was in a safe place. For her to use her weapon to any great affect, it would require her to take a step back form him, as they were scarcely two feet apart. In the moment she stepped back, he could press his advantage if need be, or make the decision for a tactical withdrawal with his employer.

"Is there a way we can avoid harming the building, or the innocents here? I believe they've suffered enough destruction for a lifetime." There was no anger. Nor any pleading. Simply an observation of fact. THere was no need to harm the others, and while Souhei could tell that a fight was rapidly brewing, he didn't wish to see civilian casualties. Perhaps the woman of murderous intent would heed reason.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Kyoki » Tue May 03, 2011 9:30 am

It seemed as though just as quickly as her search had begun, it was reaching its end. Only the second person she had asked, and his answer could not be any closer to what she wanted. This person in front of her had indeed seen him, and somehow was in cohorts with him. Yet again, Jashin had delivered a target to her so that she may exact his vengeance. From the looks of the person though, he seemed like he would be trying to stop her. That being the case, before she took any action she would need to pray.

"Is there a way we can avoid harming the building, or the innocents here? I believe they've suffered enough destruction for a lifetime."

His request was an odd one, but she knew that in an inclosed space she may have a better advantage since the range of movement for anyone would be limited. If he was a ninja bodyguard then he might use elements which would be fine in the open air, but more dangerous to everyone in close range, which meant if she stayed inside she would have a better advantage. Either way, she wouldn't be leaving.

"Their suffering was at the hands of my lord Jashin, and everything that happens to them in a testament to his will. This destruction that they have "suffered" is nothing to what they will suffer at the hands of my god."

With that she began mumbling to herself, praying out loud but quietly, blessing the upcoming fight and asking for a good kill. She knew a fight was coming, and she would rather just kill the target, but it seemed that that would not be possible since he was nowhere in sight either.
User avatar
Kyoki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Knyves » Tue May 03, 2011 11:56 am

"I see. Jashin." Then words would have no effect. Souhei had heard of the Jashinists in the temples back home. Of course, both the followers of Hachiman, such as the Seisen clan, and the followers of that insolent Phoenix both despised Jashin for its bloodthirsty nature. THere would be no talking this girl out of anything less than utter slaughter. Which meant Souhei now had to protect a building full of innocents. The only solution would be to put her down before anyone could get hurt.

As the girl began her prayers, mantras, chants, whatever the insane religion demanded, Souhei quickly and quietly slid about the room, waving people away, telling them to get outside. He couldn't convince her to fight outside, so he convinced the others to leave and let him handle things. Of course, there were some, far too many for his liking, that refused to leave, burly men and seductive women, too caught up in their liquor and flirtations to leave the small building. Sad, that lives would be sacrificed. But it was required to see the completion of his job.

With his back turned to the girl, his ears still picking up on her chants, Souhei formed his seals. Four signs for the four major points of contact. Fists, Elbows, Knees, Feet. Withdrawing a wad of cash from his pocket, the young boy patting a youngster on the top of the head, stuffing the money into the tiny child's hands. A dull green glow sparked at the top of the boy's hand, the only sign of a small portion of his chakra getting sucked into Souhei's body, preparing him for the upcoming conflict. "Go tell the man in the back room to hide, and you can keep all that, okay?" She was finishing her mantra.

Souhei stood, stretching his back one final time before sizing up his opponent. He'd sacrificed his close range advantage, but judging from the blade at her hip, she'd try to close as quickly as possible as well. The boy was out of the crossfire, that was what was most important. Souhei dropped into his stance, sliding his right foot back a foot and a half, bringing his left hand up, palm open, at eye level. The elbow was at a nearly ninety degree angle, as his right fist went to his waist, balling into a fist and preparing for the first strike. "I am ready."
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Kyoki » Fri May 06, 2011 11:36 am

"Where is he? I Dont mind killing you, but I'm not getting paid for it so I really dont have to. Just tell me and we can forgoe this whole process..."

Her temper was starting to flare up, seeing as the whole time she was praying she could tell that the smell of blood was lessening in the room. People were leaving, and though her almost entire focus was on her prayers, She could tell that this Kid was moving around her doing stuff. He could at least give her the decency of standing there while she finished what she had to do.

How rude

She stood up, and dusted her knees off, a little of the nasty floor's germs lingering on her skin. She really wanted to just draw her sword and cut this boys arms and legs off, but the way he was standing, He wanted a fist fight. She had studied the ancient forms of the Jashin temple, and trained to be one of their enforcers, which meant she could use their fighting style pretty effectively as well. She would just start there.

She assumed her fighting stance, facing her opponent, legs slightly spread, bent at the knees, arms tight to her sides in fists, bent at the elbows. The Tiger-Crane form was perfect for its mix of hard viscous elements and smooth flowing grace. Though not a taijutsu specialist, she was sure she would make her opponent bleed and feel the wrath of Jashin.

"Lets go"

With that she slowly pushed her right hand outwards, her pointer finger in an upwards position and her palm outstretched towards her opponent. it was as if she was flowing her chakra into the room around her, but internally, she was building her chi, and focusing her mind. She repeated the motion twice, and on the fourth push, she launched herself forward, aiming a open palm closed finger strike at the sternum of her opponent, who was at about a six step distance.
User avatar
Kyoki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Knyves » Fri May 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Souhei had his own process for preparing. CLearing his mind. Inner peace. He emptied his mind, until there was only he, she, and their surroundings. His green eyes watched her, eerily calm despite her threats of bloodshed. She rushed in, eager to strike it would seem, after preparing that technique or building up her energy or whatever. But, a palm strike was still a palm strike. As she stepped within range, three things happened simultaneously. First, his right foot, shot forward, pivoting his entire body forward. Two, left palm struck down, swatting her strike down and diffusing its momentum away from himself. Third, at the precise moment where his palm struck her extended forearm a bright flash of emerald green light burst out, hopefully startling her.

As his body pivoted, and her extended palm was knocked down, his own right shot forward as an extension of his twisting torso, aiming a blow into her shoulder. And the last step, as his freshly rooted right foot took on his weight, his left slid around behind it, his body stooped low, and he appeared to glide across the floor, sweeping around to her side, where he resumed his stance calmly. The whole action took place in just a few seconds, and it was exercised in perfect fluidity. Assuming his counter strike struck, there would be a second flash of green.

The light was a sign of assurance and victory. Two strikes, if she was well attuned to her own physical well-being, she might be aware of the slight fluctuation in her chakra. Two strikes. Approximately a tenth of her chakra would be sapped into Souhei's body.

OOC: Bleh, sorry it's not the best quality.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Kyoki » Sat May 07, 2011 7:33 am

An offensive and aggressive form to match its practitioner, the tiger crane style has many many counterattacks, one for almost every situation one could be put in. When Sonja's hand was swatted away she immediately brought it into a full circle motion, repeating the same hand style and thrust it into her opponents chest. So preoccupied with his own counterattack, Sonja had the opportunity to make her strike. Sure she would take a hit to the shoulder, but that would just further the damage as her tiger's paw hand latched onto Souhei's shirt, ripped it a little, and her nails got a scratch off on his chest.

The force of his second blow knocked her backwards just a bit, putting some space between her and Souhei, who was already moving to her side. A quick cross step put her back in the home position, however she only stayed there for a moment, aiming another hand attack, this time a chop to his side. She also prepared her other arm to block against any incoming attacks, the light shield on it good for things like that.

She had noticed the green flash, but the fact that she didn't use chakra, nor really know about it at all meant that those pretty little flashes wouldn't change her fighting style. Sure she would bet tired more quickly every time she got hit, but it wouldn't phase her until she started feeling weak and dizzy.
User avatar
Kyoki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Knyves » Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 pm

She was quick, that was good. Her speed made her a good match, but the force behind her blow was lacking, its best advantage being the claw-like nails of her fingers. She drew blood, good for her. As she stepped back in to face him, Souhei smiled. Not the half-crazed smile of a man consumed by bloodlust, but the calm smile of a man secure in his position as victor. She swung her hand in at an arc, aiming at his side. The perfect oppurtunity for him to seize control. As his back foot slid along, Souhei's torso rotated, gripping her wrist as she swung it in.

He pulled, shifting his weight back, pulling her off balance. He grabbed with the same hand she had used, left for left, right with right. meaning that he pulled her so that her back would be facing him. It also put pressure on her shoulder joint, and prevented most forms of counter attack. His back and shoulder muscles flexed, exhorting a maximum of force as he pulled with all his might, throwing her away from him and toward a table. He would have liked to try an arm lock, but that would have opened him up for a counter attack. So instead, he had simply redirected her own momentum, and added his own acceleration force to hers, sending her away from him. And accompanied by another telltale green flash. Three contacts. Approximately 15% of her chakra was now his. He could feel the strength flooding through his muscles.

OOC: Anatomy and all that isn't exactly my strong suit, if this doesn't make sense, feel free to pm me and ask for clarification!
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Kyoki » Sun May 15, 2011 9:10 am

Her opponent seemed to be a hand to hand combat specialist, and much more so, a more worthy kill than her target, but still, she had to focus. Dazed a little bit after being thrown through a table, Sonja stood up and dusted herself off. She was bleeding on her stomach and arms, and her lip was busted a little, which normally would be a bad sign for someone, but she was special, and her bleeding, was bad for her enemy.

As she slyly moved her hands she smiled before breathing outwards, expelling a thick red mist from her mouth. The mist quickly filled the room, eliminating sight from the equation of both parties. Slowly drawing her sword Nagasukujira, She sniffed out her opponent, knowing his position as a dense pocket of blood as opposed to the more airy open spaces. She still had to worry about all the tables and things in the room, but her opponent, she knew where he was.
User avatar
Kyoki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Knyves » Mon May 16, 2011 11:46 pm

The proper strategy would be to press his advantage. Souhei knew that in the moment that her body went airborne away from him. Two steps into his next assault, she was on her feat, weaving handsigns. On the next he'd closed the gap, only to be met by the pungent odor of iron hitting the air. A mist made of crimson. An interesting technique, fitting for a Jashinist, he couldn't help but note it. Closing his eyes so as to not have them contaminated by the blood, his ears picked up the sound of her sword rattling free of its sheath, and on instinct he lashed out, seeking to drive the weapon back down into its sheath with his sandal. The soul of the foot offered more surface area, and with out his eyes he needed the improved odd of success on this counter strike.

Regardless of whether the foot struck its mark, the hilt of the sword, Souhei stepped in, putting his weight on that foot, bringing his body within inches of her, where he could feel her warm breath. This held two advantages. One, her sword would be less effective in close range, and two, he knew precisely where she was. With his full weight on his forward foot, he now brought both arms around in a wide arc, seeking to pin her limbs to her side. His palms were extended so he could grab her as she tried to backpedal. One didn't use a technique like this without having some way to keep track of the target without their own eyes. His back leg also came into motion, as he brought it up into a kneeing strike aimed at roughly her abdomen area. A full length kick would have given more force to the impact, but in the necessary crowded conditions he didn't have the space, and so improvised, using his knee. With any luck, he could have her arms controlled and her breath knocked out of her, all within the passing of but a mere moment or two.

OOC: Again, any questions as to the anatomy or time frame of my post, feel free to ask! Also, this is proving to be quite the enjoyable thread for me. If you're not enjoying yourself, let me know and we'll try and spice it up a bit!
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Kyoki » Tue May 17, 2011 11:28 am

ooc: Its fine, I just don't understand how you can make so many attacks without me reacting yet.

The fight was being brought to her, as she could smell her opponent getting closer to her. She sped up the process of drawing her sword, and it seemed like she did it just in time. Even in the dense blood mist she saw his foot coming and ducked at the last moment, swinging her blade at his legs, one of which had just landed after his kick. She wanted to cut both of his legs off since that would definitely slow him down, and maybe then she would be able to find her real target. Still, if she did cut his legs off, she would have to kill him, or else she would be in direct violation of her morals, values, and religion. Still, she knew she couldn't stay in a close proximity to him, so depending on how her attack to his legs went she would either finish him off, or retreat back a little bit to give herself some space.
User avatar
Kyoki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Knyves » Mon May 23, 2011 11:24 pm

As she ducked free of his attempted grapple and rising knee combo, Souhei grimaced, realizing the danger he was now in. So, in order to maintain his life, he stretched. With his right leg planted, and his left in the air, he shoved with his right, probably extending something beyond its safe limits. But that was definitely better than losing the limb altogether. The result was a half-hearted jump, combined with the forward momentum of the knee attack to carry him over the girl's crouched position, leaving her sword to slice air. Bending at the waist, Souhei's extended hands linked together, sending a hammering blow toward the back of her head. She'd evade most likely, but that would buy him time to collect himself perhaps. And if she didn't well, she'd have a headache for a while.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: A Start To A Great Journey [Open]

PostPosted by Kyoki » Tue May 31, 2011 8:18 am

As her swing made its arc she realized she ddin't feel any resistance whatsoever, and she also didn't smell any fresh spillings of blood. That being said, she quickly made her retreat. She couldn't forget her main objective, so, pulling he hand across her own blade, knowing the secrets behind it, she risked it, creating a large deep wound to which blood flowed quickly. Onto the ground a large pool of blood began to form, and her handseals gave this pool of blood form. As she started to stand, so did the mass coming from the ground, and by the time she was fully standing, There was an exact duplicate of her standing beside her.

"Find him, and kill him, he should be in the next room if he's still in the building. And move silently."

The blood clone nodded and moved backwards, through the mist of blood, and around the room, taking her time. The real Sonja had already bugun weaving handsigns, the pain in her hand was tremendous, but it was still bleeding, and quite profusley. The completion of her signs caused it to bleed more so, creating a pool of blood on the ground that began to creep out even more onto the floor, almost as if she had sppilled water and not blood. It reached the random chairs and tables, and it reached even the bar. There was enough blood to probably fill a bathtub, but even so, Sonja didn't feel any ill effects. No woozyness, no tiredness, nothing.

"Praise be to Jashin for this gift that he has given me."

She had said it loudly enough to be heard, and it was intentional, but she hadn't even though about it, she was just saying a blessing like she always did. She wondered if her opponent had hear it, and if he did , when would he be attacking.
User avatar
Kyoki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Next

Return to Kirigakure Ruins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron