Mind the Depths — [EvraeX]

[Westlands | Coast | Greater Wind Country]
From the eastern desert plains, to the infamous Westlands and the southern coast with its neighboring islands, the Wind Country covers an array of changing landscapes and other settlements. The people who live there are as diverse and powerful as the lands they live on.

Mind the Depths — [EvraeX]

PostPosted by Seishin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Sorata departed from the Sunagakure gates, having recovered enough of his energy from his trek there to press on. This time around he had more clarity about the surroundings, able to see them for what they were rather than what he imagined them to be in a hopeless outlook. He was smiling. Before he ventured, he took in a deep breath. The oxygen went in, but it was mingled with sands, causing him to cough. That wasn’t pleasant.

Well, it could be worse, I guess. I could be dead.” He affirmed himself.

Placing a flat hand over his eyes to block out the sun, he peered ahead, seeing nothing that could influence his decision where to move. Everything was more quiet around there. The only thing that came within earshot were a couple of crows picking at something on the ground. Still, he had to go beyond this village, because he had overstayed his welcome. Receiving medical attention without compensation? That was pushing it. Also, free living space.

At least Sunagakure people were hospitable. In direct contrast to its environment.

If someone is out there for me to meet, they had better be interesting. Not insane, not generically evil. Entertaining. You got it?

Having a conversation with a hypothetical person wasn’t the craziest thing he had ever done‍…

Eventually, he actually walked ahead instead of contemplating his entire situation. Like that was such a big undertaking.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper: and every tongue that resisteth thee in judgment, thou shalt condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of the Lord, and their justice with me, saith the Lord.
                —Jashin

S O R A T A
Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns
This describes determination to succeed, and represents optimism in the face of his dark passengers.

A K A M A T S U
Disturbed - Into the Fire
It represents obsession to be with his sacrificial wife, and eventual pledge to Jashin in his rise to power.
Seishin
The Apex Predator

Re: Mind the Depths — [EvraeX]

PostPosted by Ketsu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:30 pm

The desert was an annoying son of a bitch. It was probably the one terrain which Evrae hated the most, and on top of that... wait, no, that was about it. He just hated it with a burning passion comparable to the sheer force of a thousand cows filled with TNT exploding simultaneously in a square inch of each other. Come to think of it, that was a rather creepy analogy. Where he pulled that from his ass, he may never know. Oh well.

"Wake up in the morning, and I raise my weary head..."

He sang in a regular voice, although there was no body around. Maybe just over that dune he'd find the border of this desert, of the village so he could get some water. Or maybe even an oasis, who knew!

"Got an old coat for a pillow, and the earth was last night's bed..."

Argh, the desert sucked horribly. He tripped on a small rock sticking out of the ground, slamming his sweating face into the blistering hot sand, sighing- it felt cooler than his skin. Pulling himself back up, he continued trekking and singing.

"I don't know where I'm going, only god knows where I've been..."

Evrae continued to the top of the sand dune, looking down to see nothing but more sand, as well as one person walking. There he stood for a few moments, attempting to make sure of whether or not this was a mirage- when he was satisfied, he picked up his pace, continuing to sing to himself, his voice having severely quieted down now.

"I'm a devil on the run, a six-gun lover, a candle in the wind!"

The red-haired boy's voice had picked up from its almost whiny sound to a now assertive and direct sound, confident that this wasn't a mirage. Soon, he stopped singing all together as he heard the other man talking to himself as well. A smirk on his face, Evrae caught up to the man, listening to his words.

"If someone is out there for me to meet, they had better be interesting. Not insane, not generically evil. Entertaining. You got it?"

"Sure, but only if you entertain me, too!"

Evrae joked to the man, breathing a bit heavily as he had begun to run, his pores no longer causing him to sweat. The desert was a weird place- the more alone you were, or at least thought you were, the more danger you were actually in. Since now the blue-eyed boy had found someone else, someone he could communicate with while they both trekked out of the desert, perhaps he would be able to keep his sanity.

"I'm Evrae Altana."

He held out his hand, although introductions were not the first thing on his mind. Rather, what was... where was the wind? Argh.
Ketsu
lrn2makeupurmind

PostPosted by Seishin » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:39 am

Sorata could hear a whimsical tune coming from a person in the distance. He thought nothing of it right away. Continuing on from the parts of the desert he left off, he realized that this was, shockingly enough, some of the same torturous shit that he had to endure reaching the village. Why hadn’t it hit him until that moment? Because nothing ever hits Sorata until it’s too late. And even if it does, it has to really beat itself through that thick skull.

As the person came near, their singing stopped, reverting back to usual people’s tongue. He braced himself, having been attacked in this particular desert before. Also forgetting that he had requested for someone to meet him moments before. What the hell was his problem? Sorata noticed the hand, but decided not to shake it. Instead, he swatted it away. His guard dropped. “No need. I know exactly what you meant without the handshake.

He continued walking on past the person. If they were worth their salt, he figured, they’d just follow him along. Going wherever the hell. “My name is Akamatsu Sorata, if you care to know, but you can call me Sorata. I don’t like anything else. Before you ask, no, I am not gay, but I support your decision to express your lifestyle conditions in a manner of dress and song so flamboyantly.” Stopping, his foot had sank into the ground… Huh.

Isn’t that the weirdest thing?” He looked all around, watching the sand beginning to stir from the ocean of it underneath his feet. Did he trigger something that caused these sudden winds? Probably not. He never heard of any trigger that projected gusts of winds from the atmosphere. So the logical choice must have been that a sandstorm was beginning to brew. “Maybe we should just… go… back?

Where was the ‘back?’ There was no such thing anymore. It was just some damn sand and this red-haired kid standing there.

His skeptical gaze shifted to the face of the boy. It looked more dorky than serious though, with his head tilted and eyes all squinty.

You’re doing this, aren’t you? Break your rape jutsu before I break your face.

The logical conclusion had never occurred to him, obviously.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper: and every tongue that resisteth thee in judgment, thou shalt condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of the Lord, and their justice with me, saith the Lord.
                —Jashin

S O R A T A
Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns
This describes determination to succeed, and represents optimism in the face of his dark passengers.

A K A M A T S U
Disturbed - Into the Fire
It represents obsession to be with his sacrificial wife, and eventual pledge to Jashin in his rise to power.
Seishin
The Apex Predator

PostPosted by Ketsu » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:03 am

"No need. I know exactly what you meant without the handshake."

"Nice passive-aggressive defense there."

The both of them were walking, although the other man in the lead.

"My name is Akamatsu Sorata, if you care to know, but you can call me Sorata. I don’t like anything else. Before you ask, no, I am not gay, but I support your decision to express your lifestyle conditions in a manner of dress and song so flamboyantly."

"Gay? Surely you're not being seri-"

"Isn’t that the weirdest thing?"

Was this guy even listening? How and why did he think Evrae was at all homosexual, and what did it even matter? Argh. This guy was being a dumb ass.

"Maybe we should just… go… back?"

"Yeah, good luck with that."

There was no turning back. Not in the desert.

You’re doing this, aren’t you? Break your rape jutsu before I break your face.

Evrae brought the palm of his right hand to his face at such a speed that the sand moved around him. Or maybe that was the sandstorm no doubt brewing up.

"No, it's not me. Now let's get you out."

He grabbed the other man's shirt and started pulling him from the ground, sending a burst of wind to the ground where his foot was sinking, revealing it to be much deeper than he had anticipated. Within moments, the sandstorm was fully realized, surrounding them. Nothing could be seen, even their own bodies. Come to think of it, weren't they just falling? And, why couldn't they feel the sand hitting them from the sand storm? Oh shit...

Evrae was the first to open his eyes, snapping his fingers to create a small, concentrated flame that would provide them with some light. He looked up, seeing the sandfall that had allowed their entrance into this cave system. He reached in and took hold of Sorata, pulling him from the sand, and laying him on his back. For now, Evrae needed to figure out what was going on...

From what he could see, the sand didn't stretch very far into this cave system. Another ten feet at the most, and they'd be stepping on stone. That was good to know... it was easier to determine footsteps on stone than on sand.

"You okay, Sorata?"
Ketsu
lrn2makeupurmind

Return to Wind Country