Writing Discussion Thread! - Hosted by Team Dys <33

Links to different translators, or other aids for the site will be posted here. Users can come in this board to create his or her own tutorial for the rest of the site to look at and critique!

Re: Writing Discussion Thread! - Hosted by Team Dys <33

PostPosted by Tolkien » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:57 am

I think that chemistry comes from just comes over time .You get to know other posters the more you post. Even in those open topics that are about nothing. I encourage joining in any of then cause its an informal and casual way of not only getting to know the other posters characters and develop relationship , but also the poster themselves and getting to know their style. I feel i can work well with anybody but people i know i definitely have chemistry with are people like Rai, Barret, Amamizu, marquise, kaitou, and list goes on..

And sorry klee for confusing you with sunedo. If i had paid attention the lpcatipn i would have immediately knpwn it wasnt her. Before i embarass myself again may i ask what your old screen name was? Want to say kankuro cause Of the location
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Uchiha Sasuke » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Uhhh, no. Klee has been Klee for a long time, but way back when was Kira Lee.

@Sei Really there isn't a special requirement other than being friends. If you have similar interests to people and enjoy spending time just talking with them, then chances are you can plot and write together very well.

There's really no secret formula to Dys chemistry. We have fun, talk a lot, work at it, and good stuff comes out.
ImageBlack and white is boring, use as many colors as possible! - TEAMDYS
Uchiha Sasuke

PostPosted by Tolkien » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Uchiha Sasuke wrote:Uhhh, no. Klee has been Klee for a long time, but way back when was Kira Lee.

@Sei Really there isn't a special requirement other than being friends. If you have similar interests to people and enjoy spending time just talking with them, then chances are you can plot and write together very well.

There's really no secret formula to Dys chemistry. We have fun, talk a lot, work at it, and good stuff comes out.

Man thats way way back remember her as kira lee. I remember doing a couple topics with her.
I thought kankuro cause i think he was from australia so thought it was him.

Sorry klee. I would have recognized you with the kira name. Do you still use ypur kira lee character?

You guys talk about solo threads motivated me to write up one.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:50 pm

I think we just got really lucky, Sei.

We're very much alike, we enjoy the same things, and we're all equally anti-social (lol.) I don't think we developed it intentionally, we just like talking to each other.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Yamamoto » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Any tips for getting past Writer's Block/Procrastination?

edit: ... Can't stop laughing at that youtube link Tsu.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴
Yamamoto
Yamsalot

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:45 am

Writer's block doesn't exist.

Basically, if you don't want to write something, you probably don't like it. Figure out why you don't like it, and change it!

Unless the thing you don't like is the person you're RPing with.

Then weasel your way out of it.

EVERYDAY YOUNG LIFE JUNESU~<3
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Tolkien » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:00 am

Have you guys ever had great plots that, sad to say, that either didnt get finished because of other's lack of interest or inactivity and you have such a nagging desire to have it completed no matter what? I have had that problem for quite a while. I have worked on trying to write it all out by myself because i so much enjoy my stories and my characters and i want to see completion and to share the epic stories of my characters. But its really hard for me to write them because for one, they were meant to have other's involved and so certain things i might have wanted to add with other players in mind i cant do unfortunately. Its a little frustrating but its like i have to write it out cause alot of my stories use reference to those epic sagas and i want someone to be able read those sagas if they wish or just for me to read instead of it just staying in my brain and haunting my thoughts lol
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tolkien » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:06 am

On a side note, i am going to make a file of all my sagas and organize the multiple topics there. Think that might help
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Nah. We never ditch them, we just transform them. Stuff changes a lot, admittedly, but always for better.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Kaitou » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:48 am

Why is it when I take an extended break from this site my first idea upon return is to scrap my entire character roster?
If you had to pick two other people on the site who could work with my writing style who would they be? [ Aye, anyone can write with someone else, but who would work. I'd say someone from team DYS however I think my personality and Rping foils/mirrors your own ]

- Don't Be Afraid To Create A World -

- Where You Dream No Little Dream -

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Mm, you're pretty dominant, so you need people who aren't going to mind letting you do a lot of the plot-heavy lifting. Don't let your ego get in the way though, it still needs to be collaborative. But when the plotting hits a snag, you're the guy that'll need to fix it. Take responsibility for your own problems. If you botch a plot, whatevs. Fix it, keep going. The triplets "failed" and are now at full-steam.

Look for someone with potential. Someone who could be good, but isn't yet, someone who isn't already a "star" in their mind or on the site. That's really the secret to me. I find people who are good or could be good, but aren't "famous" and then just go with it.

Klee's the best example of that cause she was like the second person I RPed with here, and even though her early work wasn't very good she was just fun to talk to and always willing to try stuff and now she's an /amazing/ writer. I didn't go straight for like, Aubs or Silek or something, I found the little people.

You could say that's how I found Olo too, though in reality Olo found me much with that same thing in mind; knew I was good, even if other people didn't yet.

Akane, the same way.

Artemis, same way.

I think that Khimari person might fit the bill. If I had to start over now and ignore all the other members, I'd go with him. Very willing, very excited, very committed.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Red » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Tsuneo wrote:If I had to start over now and ignore all the other members, I'd go with him. Very willing, very excited, very committed.

.... *Ahem*.

I'm trying to get back into roleplaying and I am trying to figure out the best way to do it. Should I pick up with my old characters or start fresh?
ill show you a role model
Red
Pretty Please

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Do whatever will keep you writing.

If the thought of using your old characters makes you go "Ugggggh" then don't do that. Conversely, if the thought of making a new character makes you go 'Uggggggh' then don't do that.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Tolkien » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Tsuneo wrote:I think that Khimari person might fit the bill. If I had to start over now and ignore all the other members, I'd go with him. Very willing, very excited, very committed.

We think alike in many aspects Tsu. I have quite noticed this as well. i love enthusiasm it helps motivate me and brings great stories.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:45 am

kimahri_ronso wrote:
Tsuneo wrote:
kimahri_ronso wrote:
Kiyoshi wrote:Everyone knows that Gen 2 Team DYS are the children of current DYS.

If that's true. Epic-ness times two.

We recently named them.

Takeo, Yosuke, Midori, Haruka, Hoshi, Himeko, Daiki, Chie.

But in all seriousness, good luck. It's super fun!

Make friends <3

Lets Play 20 Questions For A Moment...

Have they been created or role played with? [Npc or otherwise]
What do they look like?
How old should they be now?
Whose kids are whose?
Is there an ideal personality for each of them?
Any relevant links?

I moved your question cause I didn't want to hijack Kaitou's thread.

1. Not yet, not exactly. See, for big events in Dys, I write long fanfiction stories for the team. It was Klee's birthday back in October, and I wrote her a 15,000 word story backfilling some of the Dys plot. I've also done a bunch of "What if Dys were in ____" stories. Sasuke's birthday present last year was Dys + Fallout. The couple times before that were some sexeh ones. Yeah, there's a bunch of them floating around.

I'm currently working on the Christmas special, which will be set wayyyyy in the future of Dys' current time. The characters are right now: Moxie 18, Toya and Ryou 17, Kyuuen 16. This story takes place when Moxie is 39, Toya and Ryou are 38, and Kyuuen is 37. So when I finish the special, they'll have been "written" but only in an alterverse sense. They may not end up the way we create them.

2. They look like mixtures of their parents. Takeo and Yosuke are Toya and Moxie's twin boys: dark hair, blue eyes. Midori is their daughter, sandy blonde/brown hair, brown eyes. Hoshi, Haruka, and Himeko are Ryou and Kyuuen's daughters: Hoshi has dark hair, blue eyes, Haruka has blonde hair, green eyes and darker skin, Himeko has blonde hair blue eyes. Daiki and Chie are Dai and Rika's kids. They both have dark hair golden eyes.

3. At the time of the fic, Hoshi is 14, Takeo, Yosuke, and Daiki are 13, Haruka and Chie are 12, and Midori and Himeko are 10.

4. Explained that up earlier.

5. Yeah, just some outlines of personality though. Takeo is a hunter like dad. Yosuke wants to be a fashion designer. Midori also wants to be a tough hunter. Hoshi is the dutiful eldest daughter, very responsible. Haruka is rebellious and wants to explore her Kizuatorui roots. Himeko is spoile drotten. Daiki and Chie are just plain epic and somewhat unreasonable, like their dad.

6. Nope, not yet.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PreviousNext

Return to The Classroom