Writing Discussion Thread! - Hosted by Team Dys <33

Links to different translators, or other aids for the site will be posted here. Users can come in this board to create his or her own tutorial for the rest of the site to look at and critique!

Re: Writing Discussion Thread! - Hosted by Team Dys <33

PostPosted by kimahri_ronso » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 pm

I just now read this. Thanks Tsuneo & Tolkien! ^.^

1 2 3 4 5 Image 5 4 3 2 1

Spoiler:
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸DUBSTEP„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø,,

Spoiler:
"[Nihil Timendum Est - The 50th Law]"
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
kimahri_ronso

PostPosted by Kaitou » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Hmm, interesting.
I've been trying to give up plot making/directing for a year now.
Not many people on this site want to take responsibility in an RP [ we discussed this in our last Q & A ]. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main difference between online role-playing and what we write in our personal time is the fact that the story is many times beyond our control.

That to me is what makes it fun. One of my favorite people to rp with [ Chiyoko ] pretty is a prime example of this quality.

As for young-ins. Kimi's beast. Fang's actually been on the up and up lately. Arzur already hit the next step. Actually just check the Icarus cast for a lot of the gems. NC has a pool of untapped talent that's waiting for a village to set them a stage.

- Don't Be Afraid To Create A World -

- Where You Dream No Little Dream -

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Uchiha Sasuke » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Learning to make your own stage is half the point.

Maybe they do need a little help in the right direction, but no one else is going to be able to do most of the work for anyone if they want to really make something special.
ImageBlack and white is boring, use as many colors as possible! - TEAMDYS
Uchiha Sasuke

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:20 pm

I don't know if for us it's "beyond control" anymore because so much of what we do is collaborative. We have a rule now that there are no "secrets" anymore - just little surprises. Anything major plot point that we would normally have hidden in the past we just tell to everyone.

Why?

Because our ideas build off each other too well. If I hide an idea, it's pretty good, but it's always 5 times better with Klee and Sasuke input. Sure, we still get those occasional "whoah, wait, what?" moments but overall that's not really the thrill anymore.

- - -

Yeah, Sasuke's sorta right. We did everything possible to shake up the site and no one still did anything. I can't carry other people's RPs. Well, I can, but it's boring and I get tired of it.

Those guys sound like pretty cool dudes, and I know Arzur's got some chops, but you just gotta find that forward momentum. I think you can do it though! I believeeeee.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Tolkien » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah back in the day I tried to, but it does get discouraging when you have to direct everything along, I mean I have the skill to do it, but it's not what I enjoy doing constantly. I'd like to direct a base story and everything else we just make magic, like improvisation sort of. Like I said before, I thrive when others of like mind are motivated with their own ideas and it makes things exciting for me as I incorporate my characters/ideas/stories with theirs.
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

Previous

Return to The Classroom