Across Time and Space (Arzy)

[ \The Meeting House | Kumonohora | The Heart of the Chiroptera/ ]
The reclusive fort housing the survivors of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction, located in the center of Chiroptera Forest whose dangers and local superstitions provide a natural barrier to the rest of the world. Nestled in the roots of one of the ancient trees, the people here are learning to survive alongside the ancient forest, the local Koumori serving to help things along. However, carefully hidden away underneath the fort the shinobi way of life continues on in the shadows in Kumonohora....

Across Time and Space (Arzy)

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Across time and space, a faint calling reached for the jounin's very soul, growing louder each time in passing....

Omoi had been gone for an hour already.

The calling grew louder and more powerful.

And then, finally, Otoha!

The call of Omoi's soul resonated powerfully with his, full of pure love and untarnished happiness, no longer bearing the suffix that was a mere formality, joining him in the very short list of those whose names were spoken from her lips without the suffix of formality....

She would be returning to him very soon....

Omoi emerged from the stall smoothly, glancing about; a couple stalls over from before, and the angle of the light suggested an hour had passed.

Good, she hadn't been gone for too long.

Her face lit up with a bright smile, and the door slammed open, creaking slowly shut in her wake. The human-formed dragoness sprinted through the hall, up the stairs, dodging startled passersby, emerging onto the roof--

She crossed the distance between them in a heartbeat, taking a flying leap through the air, her feet slamming against the railing and making it resonate a low note as she stopped her inertia, flung her arms around her beloved's neck, and kissed him all in one motion, the smile never leaving her face as she breathed deeply of his scent, enjoying the sweet bliss of their kiss....

She was so glad to be home, and with him.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Across Time and Space

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:43 pm

When the moment had ended, Otoha held her close, one arm wrapped securely around her waist. Slipping the other into one of his armored coat's many pockets, he pulled out the message she had left, reading it softly.

"Be back soon. Might take a few hours at most. Stay safe."

Folding the message over again with one hand, he slipped it back into a pocket before glancing questioningly down at his beloved. It had only been about an hour since he had received the message, but it was clear that she'd somehow been gone much longer; her scent had changed, her mood had been altered- there was more, but it was still a bit much to pick up on in detail. He'd learned how to read people with his new senses remarkably fast, as always, but it wasn't perfect yet.

"Familiar scent," he murmured, noting one that wasn't her own. "Where'd you vanish to? Seems like you had quite the adventure."
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

Re: Across Time and Space (Arzy)

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:50 pm

She chuckled softly.

"The beginning of the universe. It's a bit of a long story, one that I'd rather have in private. Shall we take to the skies, love?"

Omoi smiled affectionately at him as her feet smoothly dropped to the floor and her wings and tail sprouted from her back, sleek and powerful. A gentle hand stroked his cheek, brushed a bang out of his eyes.

She loved that steady throb of his heartbeat. The warmth of his scent.

And soon, they would be in a world all their own, with few possible intrusions; rulers of the sky.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 pm

"The beginning of the universe... long story indeed."

He reached out and grasped her right hand with his left, bending forward and lowering himself a bit as the massive golden wings sprouted from his back, going from blinding light to solid scales in a matter of seconds. Once upon a time, the prospect of someone seeing the beginning of the universe might have set him off guard, but after the past year alone it was about par for the course. Beings of pure power, creatures of darkness and of light, entire dimensions that existed solely to torture people who stumbled into them... really, seeing the beginning of everything seemed a little tame.

Chuckling softly, he took off, feeling his beloved rise into the air as well after a short moment of tension from their connected hands. He already had a destination in mind, of course; the waterfall they retreated to whenever they wanted to be alone.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:19 pm

They rose higher and higher, and Omoi took the chance to show off her skills, smoothly turning to face her beloved and looping her arms around his neck with a playful smile, her wings beating perfectly in tandem with his; his went back, hers went forward, his went forward, hers went back, and so on and so forth, no more than a foot of distance between their wings at any time.

She knew the destination he had in mind, and went along willingly, and soon enough they had landed on the edge of the lake that Angel Falls poured into, her beloved's wings vanishing in a flash of light while her wings and tail shrunk smoothly back into her torso, Omoi letting Otoha sit first before she settled lightly in his lap, a soft sigh of contentment escaping her lips as he wrapped his warm arms around her form....

She rested her head against his shoulder and smiled up at him.

"Before I say anything else, I think I'm taking you with me next time."

She chuckled softly, despite the implications of such a possibility; would Dokutoru-san die the next time he called on her? Or would he stop by a while before that ever happened?

But she was resolved to bring her beloved with her, so that she was never be afraid of being stuck in a different time, away from him forever.

"Now then... where to start? Ah, I know. Do you remember Dokutoru-san, from the Yuki Ball? That's his scent you were catching. To put it simply, he's a time traveler. He and I met a while ago, sometime before you went on your jounin exam. I had needed some alone time after getting frustrated with a particular strand of Kaitou-kun's DNA, so I'd slipped off to the Chiroptera. And what do I find but a strange human in a purple suit just standing there while one of the giant snakes was about to strike at him? So I saved him, of course, he rambled about a fang of the snake, talked about how he was not planning on hurting anyone, gave me a fake name and told me he was a time traveler. I still don't know his true name, but he said knowing his name was dangerous, and he gets worked up about thing rather easily, so I let it be. I ended up joining him in this strange machine he called a TASAM, I think it works via a great deal of complex, high-level fuuinjutsu, but he said that was how he traveled through time, and he offered to take me 'anywhere, anywhen'. So I had him take me back to see the dinosaurs. Marvelous experience, got a good number of DNA samples, and found out that meteors really did wipe out the dinosaurs. Was a bit of a close call there. And then he brought me back to the Chiroptera when we were done, and the next time I saw him was at the Ball. He tried to warn me about what would happen, worded vaguely as he said it, and when everything was going on I made sure he managed to escape safely. Dokutoru-san has to follow a policy of 'look, but don't touch' with all the major events, otherwise things will start screwing up and, well. I'm sure you get the general idea. And then earlier he sent me a message that he was coming, I gave you that note, and I climbed aboard his TASAM and went timetraveling. The thing about this time, though, was the TASAM when farther back than Dokutoru-san intended; he wanted to be there for the Big Bang, and get a sample for some monks that he wanted to impress, but the TASAM went back further, to the instant before the Big Bang--and then time stopped. Dokutoru-san and I could still move and speak and think, but our bodies weren't functioning. It was awful, like going partially deaf; I couldn't hear breathing or heartbeats or anything. And I couldn't smell anything at all. We were both panicking, because we were worried we would be stuck there. And I was worried I'd never see you again. I don't ever want to lose you again. Or for you to lose me again."

She raised her head, kissed him softly, letting her body relax in the comfort of his embrace... and then she pulled back, rested her head on his shoulder again, gazed up at his golden eyes, and smiled.

"Dokutoru-san figured a way out, though. He said our souls were what was keeping us moving, and that if he used their power, we'd find a way to jumpstart the creation of the universe itself. So we meditated on why we wanted to leave. I thought of you. I thought of how much I wanted to see you again. Of how much I love you. And then, I think I touched the very essence of my life for an instant--and Dokutoru-san said something about an Artron particule being drawn in by our souls, and started the TASAM with it, and then the Big Bang happened, but we couldn't look at the actual creation of the universe, something about no mortal being supposed to see it and going insane and such, which would've been bad. But afterwards there were orange streaks of light. And Dokutoru-san told me... I need to give you a bit of background first. He's part of a clan of time travelers, and they all have twelve lives, but each time they 'die' they're reborn with a new personality and appearance, though their core values remain the same. And if they don't die, they live for a long time; Dokutoru-san's in his nineties, and that's considered young for them. So, Dokutoru-san had mentioned when we were stuck that he was going to die somewhat soon according to his timeline. And then, after we'd gotten unstuck I made him explain, and I made him promise to come get me beforehand if he could sense when it was coming up, or afterwards if he couldn't, because, well... he doesn't want to die. And I'm not surprised. So he could at least not die alone, and have a friend there to help him through it. And then he took me back to where he found me, but his TASAM isn't always very precise, so it dropped me off about an hour here after it picked me up.... And that's it, really."
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 pm

He was silent for a long moment, processing all of the information she had given him to work with. While he let his mind take care of the difficult stuff, his body took over for a moment, pulling his beloved into another kiss.

The facts, had to start with the facts.

Omoi had... created the universe. Sort of. Their souls had called out or... moved something... and called to some partical and then the Big Bang happened. She'd called out to him, so was he responsible by proxy? Moving on... the paradox of the situation was already giving him a headache.

Dokutoru was immortal, or long lived, or could be reborn, or was someone... other than who he would be and had been? Confusing, but not too hard to grasp. A reincarnation myth wrapped up in... well, immortality.

Dokutoru was... a time traveler. Dinosaurs. Huh. This part was a little more difficult to grasp. His pledge to look but not touch made sense, and Otoha understood how difficult it must have been to abide by it... for a long moment, he thought about what he would have done, had he the ability to leap through time. Fei could still be alive... his parents, any and all friends he had lost, anyone he had ever seen hurt... the wrongs of a lifetime could have been fixed, but at what cost?

His arms tightened about Omoi's body as he drew her closer, exhaling slowly. No, he wouldn't be interested in something like that. The present, such as it was, wasn't by any means a perfect world, but it could have been worse. The possibility of another life, where friends hadn't been lost, but where he might not have Omoi... he wasn't interested.

"You called out to me," he stated softly, the entirety of her speech and his internal monologue compressed down into a few simple words, filled with love as they were.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Her eyes widened in suprise for a moment before she smiled radiantly.

"You heard me...."

The concept... wasn't that hard to grasp, after everything else she'd been through. But it meant a lot.

She giggled as she remembered something, and she grinned up at her beloved.

"Love helped create the universe."

Another giggle, and she kissed him sweetly, perfectly content. They were together. That was all she really needed.

And when she drew back, breathless, she rested her head on his shoulder with another giggle.

Curiousity about a random memory popped into her head, and her gaze focused on her beloved. "Otoha, you used an odd sword back in that other dimension, and it looked like it came from one of your sets.... So what do the others do?"
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:15 pm

"A good question."

He thought for a moment, untangling his limbs from hers so he could step back and open up enough space to actually bring the weapons out on display. He frowned for a moment, considering which ones he could actually reveal, before reaching behind his back and pressing his fingers against the recently-installed panel of his weapon case. A flash of chakra and a focused thought, and seven blades burst free, caught by fuuton manipulation to hover in an arch above and between their positions. The remaining blades... made him uncomfortable. If he didn't have to use them, he didn't intend to. Telling Omoi would only cause her to worry.

From his right to his left, he indicated each blade, beginning with one featuring a compass arrow marked upon the pommel.

"Wayfinder, the Sword of Wisdom. It was the first one that I found... This is the one I used before. It leads the user where they wish to go, but always along the most dangerous path. It made finding the other blades... complicated."

Next, he indicated a blade with a symbol of an open hand.

"Woundhealer, the Sword of Mercy. The blade cannot bring harm, and passes smoothly through armor, flesh, bone, whatever, without leaving so much as a scratch. As the name would suggest, it has healing properties, affecting only the injured. Somewhat costly."

A blade with a castle's wall for an emblem.

"Townsaver, the Sword of Fury. A symbiotic weapon. Offensively, it's just a sword. Without an enemy, it's just a sword. If drawn to defend others, or a location, however... it bonds with the user on a mental level. The weapon takes control, or... the user's priorities are afflicted? I'm not too clear, I haven't seen a reason to use it yet. The blade grants immortality for the duration of the defense, but it is all too willing to let the wielder take hits so that others don't have to. When the battle ends, the blade is sheathed, and... well, an immunity to pain and wounding can only last for so long without a backlash."

Another, marked by a block and wedge.

"Stonecutter, the Sword of Siege. You can probably guess this one. It's a fine blade, but nothing special unless your target is a construct of the earth. Stone, dirt, gems, whatever. It cuts through them without resistance."

A stylized human eye.

"Sightblinder, the Sword of Stealth. Or Deception, the scrolls weren't too clear... In combat it isn't anything worth mentioning. Like Stonecutter without Earth, it's a well made blade, but little more. The weapon actually casts a powerful genjutsu, giving the wielder the appearance, voice, everything... of whoever the target, or targets, love, or fear. A little costly."

A white hammer.

"Shieldbreaker, the Sword of Force. Also called the Widowmaker." A slight pause, while he reconsidered if the second name, or the blade itself, was something he should have shared. "It's like Townsaver. When the blade is drawn, it can't be returned to the sheathe until the battle ends, and it bonds with the wielder. Speed, strength, all of it is boosted, but for defense of the self, not of others. Enemy weapons shatter with contact, but the blade itself is incapable of directly harming anyone, like Woundhealer."

A series of circles, like a target.

"Lastly, Farslayer, the Sword of Vengeance. In close combat, the world's most deadly boomerang. At range... a way to send a very serious message. It's loud, it's flashy, it's almost impossible to not dodge, but it always ends up where you sent it... if not strictly lodged in their body, it'll be nearby. In theory, should anyone else know the blade's song they could return fire."

Seven revealed, three concealed. It was a start, at least.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 pm

She shifted smoothly off of his lap as he moved to get up and showcase his weapons, and she detected an odd shift in his emotions, already guessing what he was thinking, though she stayed silent up until the end, instead curiously studying each blade and memorizing their uses.

And when he was done, sapphire eyes gazed up at him in affectionate amusement, as if he had done something cute.

"Otoha, you should know better than try to hide anything for me. There are more, aren't there?"

Her eyes softened, her gaze meeting his steadily.

"Even if it means I worry about you, you can still tell me anything, love."
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:48 pm

He sighed, snapping his fingers together. The seven blades all floated together, before being sealed away once more.

"There's three more. Doomgiver, the Sword of Justice, Skulltwister the Sword of Madness... ironically also known as Mindsword, the Sword of Glory. Lastly, Soulcutter, both the Sword of Despair and the Tyrant's Blade. Doomgiver is anti-chakra; the downside comes as a rather heavy chakra drain for even holding it. Even with my supply it's a little taxing. The other two... I don't ever want to use them. For my sake, for yours, and for everyone else. I'm sorry, but there are some things I just can't talk about. I'm only carrying them because in the wrong hands... they're just safer with me. You would be better off forgetting about them."

He met her gaze, his eyes relaying the unspoken please. The other blades were dangerous, sure; Townsaver and Shieldbreaker almost assured that the wielder would be incapacitated, while Woundhealer could drain their chakra as fast as Doomgiver if they pushed it too far. Skulltwister and Soulcutter, however... they scared him, something extremely rare assuming that he wasn't flashing back to his exam. Soulcutter could erase a person's will to live with but a moment of use, and Skulltwister flourished by devouring the user's very life force, while shattering the minds of everyone within range.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Omoi's gaze softened, and she rose smoothly to her feet, crossing the distance between them and slipping her arms around his neck, kissing him gently before saying, "Alright. But I won't forget about them, just in case something does happen."

She gently stroked his cheek with a soft smile, leading him back over to the water's edge and settling him back down before returning to his lap, smiling as he relaxed again, the tension from the thought of his more dangerous swords easing out of his muscles.

A gentle kiss to the cheek, and her head was resting against his shoulder again, her eyes closing....

His scent, his warmth, his heartbeat, his breathing....

Everything about him put her at ease.

She was home.

And soon, she was slipping off to sleep in her beloved's arms....
Raika

Return to Kumonoshin | "The Heart of Kumo"