Lightning and Snow (Brera)

[ \The Meeting House | Kumonohora | The Heart of the Chiroptera/ ]
The reclusive fort housing the survivors of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction, located in the center of Chiroptera Forest whose dangers and local superstitions provide a natural barrier to the rest of the world. Nestled in the roots of one of the ancient trees, the people here are learning to survive alongside the ancient forest, the local Koumori serving to help things along. However, carefully hidden away underneath the fort the shinobi way of life continues on in the shadows in Kumonohora....

Lightning and Snow (Brera)

PostPosted by Rai » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:46 pm

She hadn’t been back in this village since meeting and studying under Onigami ichigo. She had abandoned everything by accepting to follow and study under him, her contracted job, her shelter, even her cares. That man had managed to do more than simply teach her new ideas and methods of wielding a sword, he had managed to spark the flame that had become stagnant in her soul, he had also managed to remind her of what she most wanted in life.

And then suddenly one morning, He was gone… He had managed to vanish as quickly as he had appeared to her.

Hitomi had spent weeks after that searching for him, believing at first that it was a test, both of her wits and resolve. Then she came to believe that she had done something wrong, something to dim the interest he had held in her which only made her determination to find him and prove herself all the more potent in her heart. Finally, with all her efforts in vein, with all her tricks and skills proving useless, she gave up searching.

This proved harder to do then she could imagine. For the first time in over a year, he had managed to revive her purpose and resolve, In many ways she had come to need him, even love him in a way. He seemed as strength incarnate to her eyes, strength that somehow managed to infect and bolster her.

Acceptance had finally come, and she had forced herself to let go, but now, she no longer knew what she would do, where would she go, what would she do. Everything she had left behind now lost to her, she was stuck, once more to start again, and she hated it. Why was it that she could never seem to find her place in this world? Why was it that she always seemed to redefine herself from scratch? For all her pride, for all her arrogance and confidence, she seemed as a failure never able to accomplish anything, or even step closer towards achieving her goals. Every time she thought she was moving forward, the roads she chose seemed to lead to a dead end, or an early eviction.

No moping or wallowing would change that fact, no self wallowing would save her. Once more she’d have to start at beginning and try again, this time as each before, hoping it would be the last time and the right one.

It was nice to muster up the energy to start again, but on its own was useless, if one didn’t know where to begin from. And that was what most frightened her, as it had the previous times… She had no idea where to start. With no plan or even idea, Hitomi went back to the only place she could think of… Kumo.

Maybe there something would appear to her to guide her way.
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: Lightning and Snow (Brera)

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 pm

With only 6 months passing since the great plague ravaged his sacred homeland, Nyoko, had already managed to get back into the swing of things. Much like before he still ran his daily experiments and sample collection, even managing to dive into hobbies which he had previously let go of such as sketching. Of course Nyoko found himself able to continue his routine thanks to one common factor; Exile.

Without the option to return home to Otogakure he was free to move as he pleased. While he still retained his rank and position within the Leaders Council, they felt his presence within the village was but pleasing. Ordered to continue his research elsewhere he had become banished from all that he knew and loved. But who could blame them? It was his careless mistake which nearly exterminated the populace of Oto. Albeit he was the one who created the cure; the blame still fell on him.

And with that blame came resentment. Not with the Council, nor those who leaked the plague, But with himself. How could he have let it go so far...how could he have been so naive? Nyoko honestly had no answer for himself. Perhaps it was the fact that he had no answer which tormented him so much. Having spent hours upon hours studying and reading, how is it that he couldn't find and answer to this question...

Searching for answers Nyoko finds himself buried deep within his studies once more. Much like his younger years he seeks solace in the science of life and death. Examining and recording data on all the various creatures which look within the vast forest of Kumogakure.

Opening his eyes he turned away as the suns rays shined into his eyes. Wincing in annoyance his eyelids flickered as his pupils adjusted to the light. Opening them once more he looked at his surroundings. The worlds appeared as normal, even despite the purple tint provided by the cocoon of chakra which cradled him like a mothers womb.

Laying still he paused as he waited for the Giggi Splice to awaken. Within seconds he could feel each and every single one of them spur to life as they began to feed upon his chakra. Like moles tunneling just beneath the surface Nyoko watched as his skin crawled. To anyone else this may look obscene or even grotesque. But to Nyoko, this was routine. A process which occurred every single day. A process which he couldn't even begin to think what life would be like without.

Closing his hands and shutting his eyes he began to feel the rest of his body come to life. Like gears in a clock, his muscles and joints began to move. A quick snap of the neck followed by a well deserved stretch of the arms. With every movement the integrity and stability of the cocoon began to waiver until finally it popped. Just like a balloon the cocoon popped, dropping Nyoko to the ground below.

Landing on the like an autum leaf. he glanced over his shoulder peeking at a figure standing within the distance.
"A traveler this early in the morning...strange" He thought to himself.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Rai » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Something caught her attention as she made her way along the road pulling her mind out of its gloom. It was a feeling off to her right, a chakra, but unlike anything she had sensed before, it had an odd feel to it… Walking off the road to investigate she did not have to walk far, no more than 50 meters or so before seeing it off in the distance there nestled up against a tree branch not too far off the ground… Some king of chakra bubble… or… something...

It shone brightly purple before her before, almost looking like a translucent goo to her. It felt solid to her though she did not approach to touch and find out. She thought she could see a form within, something moving. Instinctually she reached for her sword, readying to unsheathe it as the movement within increased culminating in the chakra bubble shattering leaving the form of a man to drop the short distance to the ground.

”Interesting…” she murmured to herself eying the man carefully for a few moments, the grip on the hilt of her sword easing as she neither saw nor felt any sign of hostility from him. Finally letting go of it she lowered her arm and took a step forward.

”That chakra bubble was your doing?”
she asked hesitantly, uncertain why she was even trying to make conversation with this stranger, a man she had just seen drop out of a bubble of light in the middle of the forest…

”What kind of technique was that, I’ve never seen anything quite like it before…”

... Perhaps, even some stranger out of a bubble was better than being alone right now...
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:34 am

With a voice to his back Nyoko paused. Listening to her voice he did what he did best; analyzed it. Sliding both hands up the sides of his fair he filled his palms with hair as it came to a rise. Delving into thought, he quickly made his summary. Female; obviously. Young; late teens. Judging from her question she she had some knowledge of ninjutsu and chakra overall. Taking into account her second question... an experienced combatant. Overall, a person of moderate interest.

Or so he hoped.

Spinning around on the ball of his heel he looked upon the young woman. At first his gaze completely overshot her. Readjusting his eyes he lowered them to look down upon her. A tiny little thing in comparison to himself. Dropping his arms to his sides his black silky hair collapsed. Reaching nearly 3/4 down his back Nyoko was somewhat overdue for a hair cut. Bringing his right hand up he peeled back the strands of hair which fell down his voice, sliding them back behind his ear. Fixing his gaze upon her Nyoko's vibrant cyan eyes scanned over the young woman.

"Perhaps..." he paused. Taking a moment, he looked her persons over once more. Taking notice of her arms he relaxed his body. "Don't be a fool. You know full well I can't reveal secrets." with grin upon his face he took a single step forward before lowering his head to her level. "And you... what are you doing out at this hour?!"
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Rai » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:26 pm

"Don't be a fool. You know full well I can't reveal secrets."

"You make it sound as if I were asking you to tell me how your jutsu works…”
She responded, her tone giving off subtle signs of irritation at his remark. ”You might consider not showing off your technique so close to a road leading into a Shinobi village next time if you’re worried about secrets.”

There was something familiar about this guy, something about this odd feeling she was having, as if an odd subtle humming across her entire body of sorts, at least it was the best she could describe it… She was certain she had felt something similar before…

Taking a step back as he took a step forward…

"And you... what are you doing out at this hour?!"

”I’m heading into Kumo…”
She said matter of factly as she looked northwards in the direction of the village. She couldn’t see it through the tree line, and guessed it was still some kilometer or two away, suddenly making her feel uncomfortable being here with this stranger. What was he doing out here, why so close yet not too close to the village…

”What about you? What are you doing out here at this time of morning… You don’t look like a Kumo nin…”
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Feisty! The only word Nyoko could thing of to describe the young woman. Leading back he stood up right as he thought of a response to her question. If she was heading 'into' Kumo she could pose a threat. Glancing her over yet again he spotted no signs of Kumo apparel; headband, symbol, or otherwise.

"Odd." He spoke aloud. Sliding his right foot forward he proceeded to take a step into the little woman before speaking. "I have my own reasons for being out here. Reasons i don't believe I need to share~" Stepping back he let his eyes roam as they please. Running down her face to her toes and back up. Crossing his arms his eyes came to sudden, jerking, halt upon meet hers.

A cold chill trickled down his spine. Each an every Giggi within his body had become excited and riled up. Both puzzled and intrigued, he simply stared; as caught in a trance.

Like a slap t the back of his head her last remark knocked him back to. "And who's to say i'm not?! You should know better than to judge someone purely on appearance... kid." Yes! That should be more than enough. Grinning as he turned away he proceeded to take a few steps before glancing over his shoulder.

He really did love to get a reaction from people.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Rai » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:34 pm

"I have my own reasons for being out here. Reasons i don't believe I need to share~"

”Pfft… You asked me first… And I answered!“ She barely whispered to herself as he seemed to look her over, his eyes suddenly coming to rest upon her own, fixating onto her eyes with an odd intensity making her suddenly uncomfortable, a second, 2… 3… 4, each moment his eyes remained fixed on her own she could feel her anxiety build within her and in turn her irritation and aggressivity…

Why was he looking into her eyes so?... Why was his gaze fixed? Did he know?...

Impossible, he can’t know… she thought to herself, clenching her fists trying to push out the unease building within her and calm the urge to call upon the very Doujutsu she feared this man might know she possessed.

”Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked with clear ire in her town. Then suddenly, he stopped, seemed to focus on something else, and moved on, just like that…

"And who's to say i'm not?! You should know better than to judge someone purely on appearance... kid.

Condescending, arrogant… and creepy, this guy was really getting on her nerves…

”You don’t say…” she finally added, barely managing to utter the words through her clenched teeth. Part of her wanted to roast this guy right here and now, another part of her arguing that she should just move on and leave the jerk be, but that feeling familiarity from him wouldn’t go away, there was just something about him, and she wanted to know what.

Plus that smugness, no way she’d leave before wipping it off his face…

”Well then I guess you won’t mind then if I ask the guards at Kumo’s gates about you and tell them I saw you here when I get there huh?”
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Like a slap to the face her words struck Nyoko causing him to halt almost immediately. Taking a deep breathe the air filled his lungs to the brim, expanding and slowly deflating with a deep sigh. What an unexpected morning this had turned into...

"You could very well do that" Raising both arms to his chest he crossed he them before turning around. "And what would you say exactly? You spotted a suspicious traveler along a commonly used path used by both locals and vagabonds such as myself?" He spoke with confidence. As if she had just spit an empty threat.

Walking towards her now he looked eyes with her. Stopping only when he was face to face with her.
"So let me ask you once more. What's your deal?!"
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Rai » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 pm

"And what would you say exactly? You spotted a suspicious traveler along a commonly used path used by both locals and vagabonds such as myself?"

She laughed mockingly at him, just for a moment, feeling the tide turn a bit, she had hit a cord. Though now composed and calm, for a moment he had not been so, his sudden stop, the momentary stiffening of his posture, even his half assed reply… all betrayed his returned composure, she didn’t need her Sharingan to see through it now. ”who’s frustrated now ass?!”

”Heh… vagabond… Good one. But I didn’t find you on the ‘commonly used path’…” She said while gesturing with her fingers. ” I found you in the woods some distance off the road and out of view of it… and i doubt too many vagabonds come popping out of Chakra manifestations in the middle of the woods.”

“Oh… and if you were a local, I doubt you’d have stiffened up when I mentioned telling the guards about you. Yeah I noticed it so don’t even try to deny it now. ”
Her words came with seemingly complete calm, even amusement, gone were any hints of frustration or irritation from her. Sure, She was being smug, she knew it, but damn it felt good right now.

Even as he came to stand right in front of her, she did not flinch. No, he did something now that fit right in to her comfort zone without knowing it. He locked eyes with her!…

All it would take if he made a move on her would be a split second, and suddenly the dark eyes he was peering into now would turn crimson red and reveal their true nature to him, and just with that he would be done, falling to the power of her Doujutsu…

"… What's your deal?!"

”My deal? hehehe… I have no deal, I’m Just a kid” She said sarcastically referring to his previous statement about her, ”… Judging people by their appearance apparently…” Her smirk suddenly faded, replaced with a more serious look. ”Not so smug now are you, hmm?”

She waited for a moment, letting her words sink in, and returning his gaze with her own intensity, wanting him to see that she had no fear of him in her, none at all. His locking eyes with her now had even alleviated her earlier fears, that he might have known about her, had he, he wouldn’t have locked eyes with her now, not while stepping forth as he had, a gesture that could easily have been taken as a hostile act by her and have solicited a response. With his eyes staring into her own he had made himself vulnerable, no way he would have done that if he knew the truth…

”So then… You going to tell me who you are now? Or should I make my way to the guards and see what they have to say…”
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Yep. She was feisty all right.

Standing in front of her allowed him to gather all the information he wanted. Or needed in this case. Her response, just fuel to the flames of his initial assumption. She was still young, eager, and judging by her attitude; tough. She was probably used to having things go her way. She showed little to no fear even when confronted with someone as overshadowing as hinself before her. She was experienced... Nyoko wasn't sure of exactly how experienced she was. But he was sure she'd been in more than a handful of sticky situation. This meant she wasn't bluffing.

She would do it.
Return to Kumogakure and inform them of his presence.

"Well isn't she a handful." Solemly closing his eyes Nyoko let his arms rest to his sides, reaching into his right pocket before pulling out a small silver pocket watch. Focusing on the watch he ran his thumb over the silver cassing before flicking it open. "There's plenty of time..." he thought to himself as he closed the watch and shifted back to the girl.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but your threats do nothing for me." His cold stare cracked with the blatant grin painted across his face. "It's best if you don't waste your time. I'd rather not have to deal with any unnecessary troubles."

Tucking his watch back into his pocket he let his eyes wander past her. Staring into the distance he admired the rising sun as it's light broke over the mountain line illuminating the thick woods.

"That includes a little girl such as yourself." He commented just before stepping around her small figure.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Rai » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:25 pm

"Sorry to disappoint you, but your threats do nothing for me."

Well he was standing his ground, but she wasn’t buying it, nor did she have any intentions of backing down herself. At times it could be a flaw within her, she just could not get herself to back down ever, not even if she knew she were wrong, or would lose, or whatever else. It was part of her stubborn nature, she had to see things through to the end, she had to win…

In this case however, she had no doubt what so ever in her that she was right, and if this guy wanted to “call her bluff” and play chicken with her… well, he’d be in for disappointment…. Or frustration

"It's best if you don't waste your time. I'd rather not have to deal with any unnecessary troubles."

"That includes a little girl such as yourself.
"

Little girl?!... this guy… How she wanted to show him just what this “little girl” was capable of, and just how much “trouble” she truly could be…

But no, she resisted the urge to clench her fist once more, resisted the urge to light him up like a bonfire.

”Fine… suit yourself.” She finally spoke, making a visible show of readying herself to leave. ”I’ll leave you to your sneaking around… And don’t worry, she paused turning around and getting underway back towards the road… ”I’ll tell the guards you’re mostly harmless so they go easy on you when they come looking for you…. Have fun.”
Rai
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:00 am

Spoiler:
Sorry for the delay babes <3 Kinda long winded... idk kinda "meh" need to try and get back into the mindset.

Some time late~

Standing along the riverbed he stood a simple observer to the cycle of life. First came the simple mosquito which rest upon his hand, needle nose embedded in his skin as it filled it's belly. He could the sensation of it's natural anesthetic being rejected and siphoning of his blood. It wasn't painful in the least...just a bit odd. Second came the little fish whom charged the surface of the water swallowing the mosquito. A clear representation of the food chain.

Filling his lungs with a pleasant breath of fresh air his eyes began to roam. Swimming threw the forest was a cool gentle summer breeze. Breaking upon his back the breeze provided a much needed chill for the surprisingly hot day he had been so unfortunate to come across. Despite this mornings altercations this day had proven to be quite enjoyable. Having taken 3 new samples and completing his research on more then a few indigenous organism.

It was rare the he may be so blessed, never has a day gone by so smooth in all these months of field research. As if all his bad luck had been cashed in so he could reap the rewards of his efforts.

Unfortunately this day of prosperity and fortune was soon about to come to an end. Descending from the tree tops with the gentle breeze a squad of shinobi came down upon him. Surprised and shocked Nyoko barely had time to arm himself. Unsheathing the blade across his back and withdrawing onto the river. Within seconds he was surrounded like a wounded animal to a pack of wolves. There would be no hope for his escape. Not if he wished to keep his cover.

"That little wench..." Those three little words rolled off his tongue with a sense of surprise and disbelief. It had seemed she, the young woman from this morning, was not bluffing in the slightest.

Slowly stepping forward Nyoko maintained vision on each and every squad member surrounding him. Moving to the riverbed he lowered his blade cautiously before letting it roll from the tip of his fingers, dropping it to the ground.

He was caught.

The following day~

Waking up on a stiff itchy matress and within a cold concrete cell was no fun . The shackles around both hand and feet didn't help to make the situation any better. Shivering, he pulled the rough brown blanket up, wrapping it around his body, sliding his feet off the bed he sat up straight. Gathering himself, he simply peered threw the iron bars into a cell directly across from his own. In that cell sat a man whom undeniably smelled of urine and fieces. Even from this distance Nyoko was still able to catch wind of that horrid stench.

All of this was her fualt... her;that nosy little girls.

No matter, this would all be over soon enough. Within hours this would all just be another bad memory to lock deep within the back of his mind.

"Hey you!" A voice called out to him from beyond the bars.

Raising his head, he was delighted to see a prison huard standing before him. His release perhaps?
"y-yes?!" he spoke with slight hesitation.

"Get off your ass spy! We've got places to be." The guards tone was far less pleasant than what Nyoko had previously heard. And what was this talk of being a spy? Just what was going on? Where were they taking him?!

Rising to his feet he walked to the edge of the cell where the gates opened. The grinding of metal screeched threw the long corridor as his cell opened up. Almost immediately he found himself shrouded in darkness. Bag and tagged like am animal, it was anyone's guess where they were taking him now.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Return to Kumonoshin | "The Heart of Kumo"