Fly Like a Penguin [Open]

Outside the walls of the major cities, the Snow Empire boasts a variety of climates and landscapes. From the frozen glacial desert of the north, to the deciduous rain forest in the south, the four provinces are fun to discover for those who can keep their wits about them. Wild beasts of primitive and dangerous proportions loom in the corners of even its most barren wastelands, and the criminal elements are almost free to roam anyplace that is secluded from civilization.

Re: Fly Like a Penguin [Open]

PostPosted by Love » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:02 pm

"I do actually know hawk calls, just don't ask me to speak eagle since it leaves my voice feeling horse. However, Eiji's right, you could serve forever up here and not find a single summoning animal, except for Eiji and Ikimono, of coarse. It's rare to find. It's rare to find them away from where their flocks have taken nest. I once found a giant spider, but that was in an abandoned mineshaft, and he was in no mood to for friends, let alone talk." Misake was reminded of when her and Daiko had been chased into the mines, only to be nearly killed by a spider so large that she doubt she could even summon it to this day without poring out all of her chakra.

"Luckily, I can take you right to where you'll find countless summons...but, maybe an explanation's in order first." She wasn't really sure how much Ayumu actually knew about the Animal Realm, though she was fairly confident the wise rabbit of the bunch was familiar at least. "I can't tell the full story, just what I know of it, but the Animal Realm is like an alternative plane of existence. It's kind of a question of the chicken and the egg, whether the animals in this realm came first, or whether they came from the Realm, but a certain fact is that every animal summons you come across comes from the Realm, either directly, or by lineage of those who had come before them." It's the same thing that Ikimono and Eiji had just been discussing. Ikimono is summoned by Misake straight from the Animal Realm, and when he is not alongside the still young Yuuma girl, he was within this alternative plane. In contrast, Eiji is the descendant of rabbits who generations ago made the move between realms to establish a new home in the forests previously mentioned. Most such summons that shinobi use come form pilgrims clans like this, so the easiest way for Ayumu to gain other summons in this realm would be to seek out clans that had already established contracts with a collective of a species. Back in Kumo, there were two very famous clans that had such contacts, one specializing the birds, not unlike what the small Yuki-nin desired, and the other in oxen.

"In the Animal Realm, there's nothing but animals. Some regular, but most not. They come in all shapes and sizes. My clan somehow became bound to it, again, I don't know the full story on that. But one thing is for certain, I can take you there. If you're looking for hawks, we'll have go into a mountain region like this, which mean's I'll have to key in on Rikuto." She looked over at the lion summons. "Thank's for all the help, Iki, but if I take you with us you'll have a long walk home, so I'll send you back to the savannas." She formed a concentration sign with one and as the other grabbed ahold again of the walking staff.

"Much appreciated." With a puff of white smoke, the lion disappeared.

Misake looked back to the Yuki-nin and rabbit, hoping that she had made enough sense of things when she was explaining it. Were it not the the air here being so cold she would have Cho with her, and the butterfly could surely to a better job at all the history of the ordeal. "You still wanted to find some hawks, right?" She wanted to be sure before prepping. She couldn't move freely throughout the Animal Realm, that just wasn't in the cards for the Yuuma. Instead, her ability to get into the Realm worked by a reverse summons to the location of one of her summons already in the realm, in this case she would bring them to where her billy goat summons would be, which would put them on a mountaintop. However, once there, she'd only be able to take them back to the exact spot they were standing on right now, so she had to be sure of the location Ayumu wanted before going for it.
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love
Lethe ::HUG::

PostPosted by kaidan K » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:50 pm

This was turning into a type of journey that Ayumu didn't feel he was ready for; the journey of trusting a total stranger, a girl for that matter. Eiji looked first to Misake then to Ayumu wondering what the boy's answer would be. The rabbit found it little surprising that the girl's wish to help Ayumu was practically instantaneous. Misake seemed to Eiji the type that wouldn't care what village someone else was from and harshly judge them off the bat.
"Maybe I should think about it." were the words that came from Ayumu's mouth. Eiji looked disappointed in the boy and he just shook his head. This was probably the most a girl had ever offered to Ayumu besides the unconditional love and affection he got from his mother. For a boy his age, this was a lot to take in for some reason. Then again, maybe it was because the gum in his mouth had finally gone completely bland from all the chewing. Ayumu reached into a pocket on his jacket and produced the wrapper for the gum in his mouth. After quietly spitting the gum into the wrapper, he wrapped the gum in the wrapper and shoved it back into his pocket. The other pocket in his jacket held his 'pot-of-gold' which Ayumu greedily took a fresh piece of gum, unwrapped it and shoved it in his mouth. After a second of chewing, his thoughts emerged from his mouth another time. "Ah, Who am I kidding? Let's go!"
Such was the effect that a fresh piece of gum had on the strange boy from the Inaba. Now he was PUMPED!
"I'll sit this journey out, I suppose. Have fun on your own, Ayumu. And remember that your mother expects you back by dinner like always." the rabbit companion said before he put his front paws together and vanished in the typical puff of smoke.

"On your own"

The words brought back a little doubt in the boy, yet he shook it off. He figured there ought to be stranger encounters he'll have in life other than whatever awaited for him in the spirit realm.

Right?
People talk about combining the Way of Learning with the Way of the Samurai,
but when properly combined, they aren't two-they're one.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
Profile page | RP request page | the Way of the Artist
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:01 pm

"Excellent!" Misake always liked having company with her when she made journeys into the Animal Realm. Misake caused her staff to pop back into its normal, half-staff, form before taking a seat in the cold snow at her feet. Legs crossed and with her staff resting on her lap, she closed her eyes for concentration giving Ayumu some final instructions. "Come place a hand on my back, I can't take you there if you're not touching me." Once she felt his palm against her, she would begin forming the string of hand-signs necessary for this technique. The last hand-sign was triangular shaped, not a common sign in the least. To the Yuuma, it was known as the "Summoner's Palm".

As Misake held the final sign, a circular summoning formation formed on the ground beneath them that fully enclosed the space they were placed upon. With a flash of smoke, they were gone, and yet they weren't. Since her eyes were closed, it felt even weirder to Misake, because she was still upon a snowy floor, but the wind had changed direction, and it was snowing now, where it had not been before. The landscape had changed, it would look bigger, broader. The mountain they were on was much larger then the one they had previously been upon.

"Well that--LOOK OUT!" Misake was about to push herself up off the ground before she sprung up and tackled Ayumu down to it. Two rams heads collided right where they had been standing, a loud cluck sounding out across the mountaintop as the horned helms bashed violently against one another. Misake rolled off of Ayumu rather cheerfully, more so then anyone should be that nearly got flattened.

She kicked herself up off the ground and patted the snow from her coat in time enough to see a regular sized golden brown ram hit a grounded helmet with his hoof causing the thing to spin up and plant upon his head. "Rikuto!" Misake said rushing over to give her summons a hug.

"Misake, my deer, what in heaven's name are you doing here?" The ram looked over to the man he did not recognize. "And with company? You caught us right in the middle of the annual challenges!" If Ayumu was confused by this, Misake could explain more. However, it's fairly common knowledge that rams show their dominance between one another by bashing their skulls against each other...Come to think of it, that's why they're called rams.

"I'm so sorry, are we interrupting?"

"Not in the least fair maiden." This made Misake smirk. She always liked how nobly Rikuto spoke.

"Well the, let me introduce everyone. Rikuto, this is Ayumu, and Ayumu, this is Rikuto, and his clan of goats, of coarse." The landscape of jagged rocks was covered in countless goats. Some were the same size as Rikuto, the children were of coarse smaller then the full grown male, and still there were some larger then goats should grow, at least so far as in the normal world. Between the bunch they were all different, but that should come as no surprise since Ayumu has surely met a clan of summons before. Rikuto himself wore armor that was rather knightly. However, others bore shinobi tools, and still more wore nothing at all other then their horns, which could be of any shape.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 pm

No sooner had Ayumu just been brought into the animal realm only to find himself in a near death situation with a couple of colliding rams. The boy didn't know if he should be more grateful that Misake practically saved his life just then, or be completely furious with where she managed to place him with the reverse summoning jutsu. All the touching involved with this girl was making Ayumu nervous, but he tried to keep himself grown-up about it. It was only a short moment when he bit down on air that he now noticed that the gum he was chewing was missing. He scanned the ground as best as he could survey in the snow during the exchange between Misake and Rikuto. Ayumu gave up on it and then got to his feet. There's no way a soiled piece of gum was going to get in his mouth. Three fresh pieces were left of the gum in Ayumu's pocket. After briefly considering how he should conserve on them, he took one out and popped it in his mouth.
Misake directed the boy's attention to the ram, introducing them. Ayumu gave a small bow of his head to the animal then looked back at Misake. His face froze in shock. He found his old piece of gum resting on Misake's shoulder, just a little out of the reach of her hair(as long as it didn't flow the other direction it was flowing).
"Uhhhh..."
Ayumu couldn't think of any actual words to say at that moment. He just hoped the gum wouldn't get into the girl's hair. There was a couple of instances where the boy's mother got pieces of his chewed gum caught in her hair or clothes, and none of those instances ended well. What could be more embarrassing in a moment like this?
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:16 am

"Alright, so Rikuto, Ayumu here would like to find some hawk summons to befriend." Misake bent down and talked straight to the ram. She was such a ditz that she hadn't even noticed the gum on her shoulder, so for the time being it was a risk she was unaware of. "Know of any good place to start?"

"Hm...hawks you say? Well, we'll need more altitude if that's what you want, they usually don't fly this low on the mountain." The ram took off in a galloping splint up the mountain. "Follow me dear lady!" He called back.

"Come on, we gotta keep up!" Misake took off behind Rikuto, though she didn't separate herself from Ayumu. In fact, she keep her speed as equal as she can. "Oh, before I forget about it again, I should mention that it's very important you don't get separated from me...in fact, it's really really important. I'm your ticket back after all, if you get lost you might not be able to get back." That was probably something she should have mentioned long before this point. She had brought Ayumu to the Animal Realm via her Kekkie Genkai, it would require the same force to bring them back. It wasn't like she would ever abandon him here, but it was a big place with plenty of space to wind up missing. However, she had been distracted by a different thought personally, one that she blurted out shortly after this.

"Hey, did you notice our names are the same only jumbled? A-y-u-m-u and Y-u-u-m-a...nifty!" She had been thinking about that since they were walking up the mountain with Ayumu's rabbit friend, it just took her awhile to spell it all out perfectly.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Ayumu just gave up on trying to gather the whits to tell her about the gum on Misake's shoulder for now as she got some insight from the talking ram. The boy kept in pace, although he wasn't looking forward to a trek through all this snow. The warning that he got from Misake didn't comfort him at all, either. Only one way out of a place full of strange and dangerous animals, and it had to be this girl from another village.-country, for that matter.
The comment she made about their names brought a moment of intrigue that took away Ayumu's anxiety a little. For a moment, he tried saying each letter of their names just to make sure himself. Then he nodded.
"Imagine that." he said. Ayujmu stared at the gum on Misake's shoulder again for a moment more, then turned his face away. The conflict over such a small thing was outrageous, even for Ayumu. One part of him wanted to simply point out the instant fashion hazard, yet the other part of him felt too awkward about the whole thing. Misake had gone out of her way to give him a chance to gain more summon contracts to make him, so a little piece of gum on her shoulder shouldn't be a big deal. But what if it totally grosses her out to the point where she just wants to abandon him in this animal realm place as punishment for letting his gum, saliva, and possible germs touch her?
Trying to find another topic to discuss with the girl to keep his mind off of the gum was too hard. Near madness consumed him. Then after some sixty paces after they started following Rikuto, Ayumu couldn't take it anymore.
"Uhhh" was all he could force himself to say, so he gave up on the verbal and just pointed with his finger at the gum that was already beginning to dry on her shoulder. Yet, just as he had pointed at it, a wind picked up and blew the gum off Misake's shoulder leaving Ayumu pointing at nothing but her shoulder.
"HAH!!" he then screamed in a sort of nervous fit of embarrassed rage. The boy slowly retracted his arm and finger and looked at the ground for a moment before looking back at Misake. "I wonder what the chances are of are names being like that." Ayumu said as coolly as possible.
Smooth. REAL smooth., he thought to himself, expecting strange looks.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:30 pm

"Probably pre-tty small, though it would be even weirder if our other names were all jumbled up. Then you'd be Ayumu Seikam...or something like that." Although she seemed rather happy and even giggling about her comment, Misake was actually fairly annoyed. It was taking them a lot longer to travel this mountainous scape. Not only was some of it from the blizzard and the snow, for the with each passing step they were trenching through deeper and deeper powder, but it was also because this was an Animal Realm mountain. The peak seemingly went on forever, and they would have to get pretty high to find the hawks. She halfway considered summoning Gyaku to their location. His wings would really come in handy about now, but the bats sonar would really be thrown off by this storm. Besides, Misake didn't want to burden any of her other summons with having to get their way home when this was all said and down. Since she would be summoning them from one location of the Animal Realm to another location in it, they wouldn't just poof back to where they had been before this.

All the sudden, Rikuto hopped back towards the two humans, changing his path, though having some difficulty doing it since the snow they were walking through was all the more deeper to the goat since he was so much lower to the ground then either of them. "Rikuto what's wro---"

"GET BACK, MILADY, DANGER!"

Hardly had the goat uttered those words before a whole chunk of the mountain had exploded, chunks of ice and permafrost flying out into the blizzard as a massive Yak the size of an elephant called out in a thunderous roar.

Startled, though not dumbfounded, Misake quickly converted her staff into a double sided bladed spinner blade. She positioned herself in front of Ayumu and used her weapon in swirling motions to chop and deflect the icicles that blew in their direction. "It's alright, he's probably just cranky from being woken up...either that or he's hungry." The Yak threatened with its forward hoof, scraping it twice against the ground as it prepared to charge. Hyouton energy was emitted by the beast, who's back was covered with ice. This would make for a very strong summons to anyone that tamed it, though Misake had not real interest in the thought.

"Rikuto, you know how you rams say hello? Do it with a sideswipe." Her goat quickly hurried off to the side leaving Misake and Ayumu in the direct path of the now charging beast. Ice seemingly formed into spiked blades wherever the massive beasts feet made contact with the ground. Misake looked back some towards her more human friend. "Don't worry, we just need to butt heads with it." The girl couldn't be serious to think that she'd survive if she knocked her noggin against the hard ramming head of the massive yak.

Misake's staff returned back into its half-staff form and she quickly threw the strap over his shoulder as she brought her hands in for some quick signs. Within the last 7 meters of the yak's dash, Rikuto suddenly called out form the side, "Juuden'Supi" [Charging Speed]. The small goat made a mad dash at incredibly speeds, jumping up in the last minute to strike the side of the yak's head like a small bullet, but hitting it with enough force that the head turned, as did the path of the charing beast. Just as the yak was diverted from a direct assault on Misake and Ayumu, the experienced Yuuma unleashed her own technique.

"Ika'shokushu" [Squid Tentacle Hand] Squid arms shot out of her winter coat's sleeves and the suckers latched onto the head of the beast as Misake was yanked up and away. She swung around like a monkey on a vine until she was on the other side of the head immediately before snapping back to come to stand upon the cranium. Kneeling down, the girl comically knocked her head against that of the beast, completing the symbolic head butt. Had the creature been a goat, it probably would have calmed down at that point since it was a sign of many things to the animals of Rikuto's clan. However, the same traditions weren't shared among the yaks, though that didn't prevent Misake from establishing a mental connection with the small head touch, and after another string of hand-signs the creature came to a peaceful stop. "Ikimono Kugutsu" [Animal Puppetry].

She took mental control of the animal, and now sedated, the massive creature slowly walked over to where Ayumu was and got down on its knees to make it easier for him to climb on. "Come on, we'll clear a lot more ground with this, and I'm sure he won't mind at all." Even the blizzard started to lighten up in the area as the Hyouton nature of the creature began repelling the snow rather then reinforcing it.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Upon seeing... no reaction to his awkward scream, Ayumu kind of just went along and tried his best to forget about the whole thing. Not like it matter that much anymore. Especially when Rikuto suddenly changed direction, not giving Ayumu much time to continue the conversation about their names as the ram indicated danger. There was a crash of snow and ice as a massive animal was trucking down the side of the mountain straight at the young ninja. The boy shielded his face with his arms as the girl shot out between him and the onslaught of debris, successfully defending Ayumu from harm. Misake's words of assurance to him were however unsuccessful in calming his nerves. Ayumu looked with his eyes already wide at the ice covered yak, not finding much more to say than,
"OH MY GOD!"
This experience wasn't one that Ayumu was prepared to handle. He had never even been in any official action as his only fighting experience was the limited amount of spar matches he had back in the academy. Misake was fairly different than the boy as she prepared to subdue the rampaging beast with the help of Rikuto. Once again her words she used to try and give Ayumu some assurance failed to calm him down as his only reply was,
"Oh my god!"
His laughable response was a key indicator to how crazy he thought the idea of them butting heads with an animal far more than even twice their size. Still the girl continued, following Rikuto's head-smash at the target with her Squid Tentacle Hand technique. The boy just stood still as stone and as Misake swung around in the air, his mouth opened and he was speechless. Something about that moment stuck in Ayumu's mind, and it left him in a daze that he didn't quite wake from until he finally noticed the animal kneeling down next to him.
"Oh my... -huh-" he said, catching himself before repeating the same thing for the third time. He then shook his head and proceeded to climb to the top of the beast's head. As he got there, he stood beside Misake flashing a small smile and a slow nod to signal he was ready to continue.
"Do you often bring other people to the Animal Realm?" Ayumu was compelled to ask, even though there was a pause as he needed to gather himself to speak this moment.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Once Ayumu was one Misake looked towards Rikuto, though the noble goat was far too proud to take a ride on the back of the larger beast, and so instead began treading ahead again as they continued their search for hawks. Luckily, since the ice-yaks chakra was calming the air now, they'd be much more likely not only to spot a hawk once they saw one, but also to encounter then since the blizzard winds could have likely been causing them to hide within their nests until now. Misake keep one hand pressed on her head to keep some concentration on controlling the animal she had connected with, and to help with this, she had sat down upon the beasts head one a similar meditation squat she had taken to get them to the Animal Realm in the first place.

"Actually, to be honest, you're my first." That probably sounded odd, but if it did Misake didn't notice. "But don't get me wrong, I come here all the time. For me it's the best way to find new friends to summon. The alternative would be to try and summon someone from scratch, but to do that I wouldn't know what I'd end up with other then having to concentrate on the type of animal I'd want...and if you haven't noticed I'm not exactly the best at concentration."

A doctor would probably saw it was Attention Deficit Disorder, but she'd just phrase it as being fascinated with the world. The little details could get her rolling n the widest of dreams, but there was another reason why she kept herself distracted. It was the only way she knew of keeping her mind focused off of the things of her past, and between the white hair and red eyes she had enough reminders that constantly tried to burden her with such thoughts.

"Besides, this place is so much more interesting, don't you think?" Though the terrain was much more deadly, and the wildlife more diverse, the place was filled with much more excitement then one normally found in a normal setting. Sure, Misake had been privileged to a rockslide and explosion when chilling out in the hot springs, if that made any sense, but mere rocks didn't have the same piazzas as a trampling mountain buffalo. "Say, do you have any idea what you're going to do once we find a hawk?" In a rare occasion, she had actually managed to think ahead for a change.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 pm

The reply to his question was not as shocking as it was intriguing to Ayumu. He was less focused on the "virgin" part of thinking on this "virgin voyage" to another land as he wasn't getting any funny ideas in his head... Not yet, at least. Here he was more focused on thinking whether or not this was the first time she ever offered to bring someone to the animal realm, and actually did it. As for Misake's comment about her concentration issues, Ayumu just shrugged his shoulders as he was gaining a better understanding of this girl from the Land of Lightning. The boy focused his glance to the back of Misake's head, finally taking real note of her white hair as it fluttered slightly in the wind. Taking note of this, Ayumu was finally beginning to feel the urge to ask if it was the girl's natural hair color. He didn't suspect that it was, and the truth would be a small, yet significant surprise to the boy. As Misake brought his attention back to their surroundings, he smiled and focused his glance back to the mountains and snow around them. Here, he also finally began to notice the power of the yak they were riding as the snow and even the wind was noticeably slowing down. It made Ayumu awestruck in wonder at the power over nature displayed by the seemingly wrathful animal that they have calmed down for their uses. Ayumu bent down to his knees and gently ran his hand across the side of the yaks head. The skin was fairly cold to the touch, even through Ayumu's well insulated gloves. A shiver ran down his spine as Misake launched a question aimed at him. Ayumu made to give a knee-jerk reaction to this as if he had things planned already, yet he stopped before he actually said anything to give it thought.
"Hmmmm... Well, I suppose what I do depends on how well these hawks here will listen to strangers," Ayumu finally stated with a nod of his head. "If they want something in return, I suppose I could try offering what I have..," he continued, and stopped as he started wondering what he had that a large intelligent hawk would want. The boy was drawing blanks in his head.
"Maybe Rikuto could give me some pointers on this -I mean- assuming he's had enough experience with hawks to do so, that is," Ayumu finally said before giving up completely on his answer to Misake's question. He felt compelled to yell down to Rikuto himself, yet stopped himself as he doubted the noble ram would answer to a complete stranger such as himself.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:22 pm

"I think the best thing to do is just be yourself. That's the best way to meet people, and a summon has to be a friend before anything else...at least, that's what I believe, though not all Yuuma go about it all the same." Misake said patting the Yak on the head and brushing up its white, long fur a little in a comforting way. She really didn't like using animal puppetry all that much, and had she been able to get them closer to the top of the mountain she really wouldn't have had to. "Mamma used to tell me stories of how some of my clan coerce animals into service by forcing it upon them with their seal." With that she flopped around and tilted her head down. Her clover-covered hands ruffled her own hair up enough to somewhat expose a Fuuinjutsu inscribed on her skull. "This seal is basically our contract with this Realm, and it's what lets me do things like drive this yak around. Poachers would go after the strongest animals in attempts gain power, but I think a summons power comes from more then just its strengths."

"However, I wouldn't fret too much about it, you're a likably person. The hardest thing will probably just be getting them to come down from the air. Speaking of which..." Misake turned around and brought her hands up to her mouth to amplify her volume to call out to the goat in the lead. "HEY RIKUTO! SEND UP SOME EARTH FLARES TO GET SOME ATTENTION!!"

Misake looked back around at Ayumu. "We should be high enough now to be in hawk territory, but it's hard to see too high up past the blizzard." Just as Misake explained this, boulder sized chucks of earth shot straight up into the air before becoming blurred by the swishing stones. However, with force, the rocks bursted apart into pebble explosions like fireworks made from the dirt. It had taken the goat a little time to pull the earth out from the snow and permafrost, but with his Doton he sent up the probes to see what could be signaled down.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm

"Be yourself. Huh."
The concept Misake proposed seemed pure genius to Ayumu, albeit simple. His mind wandered a little as he thought about what his first words to the creatures would be. The boy's thoughts returned to Misake as she then suddenly told him about what the girl's mother told her on some occasion. She even showed Ayumu her clan seal. Did she get it at birth or something? When Misake commented on poachers, the boy thought of her views as fairly sound. The thought of "poachers" of bad intent with the same abilities as Misake was pretty scary to Ayumu. He would have asked about it, yet then Misake had to say he was "a likeably person". It was a comment that hit Ayumu by surprise, and made his cheeks turn a slight pink. The boy entered a daze for a moment as now his mind started poking around the issue of dealing with the opposite gender. He didn't flinch when she yelled down to Rikuto the ram, and instead kind of began staring at the girl's hair as it flowed with the air a little. It was when she turned to look at him that he jumped a little, chewing his gum at a faster nervous pace. Did she have red eyes? The feature was hard for him not to notice when they momentarily made eye-contact, but he was not put off by the particular eye color in the slightest. The feelings he was beginning to have toward Misake weren't the first feelings of their kind that Ayumu has experienced in life. He still couldn't remember any girl he liked calling him likeable or even saying so indirectly. The very troublesome dilemma that Ayumu saw in this was the seemingly abhorrent fact that she had to be older than the boy by at least a few years between the two.
Either way, Ayumu turned his glance aside a little and made a deep audible breath through his nose while chewing on the gum in slower, more focused motions. He had to get his feelings under control as he wasn't out to get "hitched" this day, anyway. After blowing a medium sized bubble with the gum, the boy looked to the sky as the massive clots of earth flew into the air, and exploded somewhere up passed the clouds. A few moments of staring at the overcast sky, and it seemed that nothing was reacting to the signals. Ayumu ketp his eyes peeled on the clouds above, though. It wasn't much longer before there was an unforgettable screech that while being slightly muffled by the cloud cover, still rang in the boy's ears. Such a noise could only come from some great avian creature. This certainly got Ayumu's hopes up. He got more than what he expected though, when there followed a massive, resounding explosion that differed from that of the probes sent up by Rikuto. It gave the sound of a thunder clap that stung the hypersensitive Inaba ears that Ayumu regretfully did not weaken or muffle in time.
The force of the explosion cleared a part of the clouds to reveal the avian. It was indeed a hawk. One of immense size in comparison to the normal breed, and it had a distinguished blue hue to it's shimmering and majestic plumage.
Spoiler:
"THERE WILL BE QUITE ENOUGH OF THAT!!"
boomed the voice of the avian as it dived below the cloud line. Free flowing electricity could be seen dancing across the hawk's body, and Ayumu was better this time at closing his ears off before the bird gave off another intimidating surge of thunder chakra as it passed over. There was still a great distance between the avian and the two ninja, yet it was close enough now to where the force of it's thunder style explosion could be felt for just a moment. The feeling of air pushing down on him made Ayumu's heart race. As the bird did a circle in the air, it then honed in on Rikuto and began to descend on the noble creature.
"I can see you down there! State your business, ram! If you've come this way to pick a fight with the hawks, I'll let you know that you've just incurred the wrath of one of the great "Raiden" and I don't think a doton user like yourself could make a poorer choice of foe!"
"Raiden!?" exclaimed Ayumu, as he was unable to contain himself. The boy could barely even make out the avian's words from the ringing in his ears.
"Yes, "Raiden"! I am Raiden the sixteenth, human child! And I will not be trifled with!" the proud bird stated as it changed it's course towards the humans. After it gave a strong push with it's wings, the bird drew them back and released yet another clap of thunder with it's chakra. "You aren't of the Yuuma clan, are you!? I'm curious as to how you may have gotten here, human child! I don't suppose you've come to try and make sport of the "lowly animals"!? I could easily fix that problem here and now!"
Ayumu was both in awe and absolute terror as the hawk approached and circled again between flying over Rikuto and the ninja on top of the Ice Yak.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:09 pm

The normal sized goat half-clad in armor wasn't intimidated by the sparks of lightning thick in the frosty air. However, Rikuto did prepare himself in a battle stance. He may have been at a great disadvantage, both elementally and terrestrially considering that he could not fly, but he wasn't going to entertain letting harm come to Misake in any form. As one of the summons Misake had been taught to bring forth by her mother, the goat felt an obligation not only to Misake, but also to the girl's mother.

However, before her goat could go much further, Misake butted herself in on the conversation. She at first took two steps preparing to jump off the yak's back before remembering about the much larger creature. Stopping herself, she knelt down quickly and patted the beast on the head whispering to it. "I think it's time you go to sleep." On cue, the massive beast dropped from its lefts to a laying position and instantly fell asleep. With the formerly enraged creature not slumbering, Misake released the animal puppetry. She was starting to get a headache anyway from it, so hopefully nothing would happen to awaken the massive ice spewing bovine. He probably wouldn't be in the best move towards Misake if he woke up, though she clearly didn't think that sound would awaken him considering that she moved immediately to yelling up at the hawk as it flew.

"I brought him here, and I'm also the one that asked Rikuto to shoot up those flares to grab your attention. I am Yuuma Misake..." The girl was bold in her approach, strong willed. "And let me just say: It is so nice to meet you!!" She screeched out with a gleeful jump. Well, so much for the bold, but her voice probably shot up two octaves from her bottled up excitement. "I mean all this time searching and until now no hawk to show, I was afraid I was going to disappoint my friend here what with the storm and everything making it so hard to see anything up in the air..." Right? The girl had absolutely lost it with her ramblings.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:56 pm

As Misake put the yak to sleep, Ayumu in turn jumped off from atop the beast. The animal served it's purpose for them, and putting the yak to rest seemed a suitable way of dealing it for now. Especially seeing how they now had yet another powerful animal to tame before things got deadly out of hand. Terror still griped Ayumu's tongue as he looked back to the sky. Misake seemed rather excited, but much less afraid of the thunder-bird as she yelled an explanation to "Raiden XVI". The girl began to run on a bit, and before she could go on further the avian let out another screech. Then he changed his flight path after another circle before diving down at the girl. Raiden swooped and stopped just before the snowy ground in front of Misake, placing it's strong legs and sharp talons down to land with silent grace. After landing, the bird took a step and gave a fairly close look at Misake with one eye at a time, switching every other second. After a few moments of thoughtful gazing, the bird then stood up straight.
"Hmh! Indeed. You give off the right feel of a Yuuma. Your methods of getting my attention might have seemed questionable at first, but I suppose you aren't like most other Yuuma I've heard of," Raiden XVI began to say, giving a ruffle of the feathers on his chest. "For instance! I don't ever remember hearing about Yuuma bringing other people to the animal realm. Misake, was it? I'm afraid I still find it rather suspicious you would do such a thing, albeit the act shows you are extraordinarily gifted."
Ayumu was a little ways behind Misake still, due to the terror of the bird's power. The boy swallowed his fear, and stepped beside his new friend.
"Raidan! I'm Inaba Ayumu. Misake sama brought me here so I might be able to make a summoning contract with hawks."
The bird gave a quizzical look at the boy with one eye.
"That so? Hmmmm..." as the bird said this, he moved closer to look at the boy as he did with Misake. "Right! You do seem to have a feel of being someone gifted with summoning contracts. You already have one contract already, if I'm not mistaken?"
"Yes," Ayumu said simply, with a nod of his head. He wondered how the hawk was able to gather these things about people just by looking at them.
"Well, you came all this way. I'll give you that..."
Ayumu began to anxiously chew at his gum, an action that seemed to suddenly catch the bird's attention.
"I do say. What is that you have in your mouth? Are you grazing on something?"
The boy startled at this question, thinking what the creature was talking about at first. Then he nodded after the realization.
"Oh, you mean my 'chewing gum'. 'Just something we humans made to give us something to chew on. This right here is watermelon flavored."
"You'd flavor something like that with fruit? Why not a good type of meat flavor? Like fox, or weasel... or RABBIT! Mmh, yes. I myself could go all day with the nice and savory taste of rabbit in my mouth... They're always worth the chase, but with something like this "chewing gum" there would be no need for the extra effort. I suppose that wouldn't be possible though, as we birds aren't much for chewing like you other species.... Did I say something?"
A shocked and troubled look came on Ayumu's face at the mention of rabbit. The avian's final question was asked as Raiden finally noticed the look. Ayumu shook off the expression.
"It's nothing," he insisted.
"Hmh! Anyway. You don't give a feel for being someone with ill intent. So, I suppose I could ask my father what he thinks of you. He's a better judge of character than me even. Yes. He will give you an answer of whether you will be given the gift of a summoning contract with us hawks," Raiden stated while turning his head from side to side thoughtfully.
"Alright!" Ayumu exclaimed, feeling a lot less intimidated by the thunder bird now... at least in some aspects.
"I'll take you on my back, human child." said Raiden as he turned around and lowered himself for the boy to climb on.
"Misake should come with me. She's my ticket out of the animal realm, after all," Ayumu suggested with a shy quality to his voice and brief glance to the girl.
"Absolutely! I nearly forgot! Just a moment, then."
Raiden then drew back his wings in the air, then flapped them together to release thunder chakra in the form of a ball. The ball then shot up through the air like lightning and exploded somewhere above the clouds. The explosion was followed by Raiden giving a very long and harsh screeching cry. Several hawks of various colors could be seen dropping below the clouds, answering the call of their superior. "May one of you provide a lift for this Yuuma girl here?" Raiden openly asked the other hawks as they circled in the air, low above the humans and their master. Some of the more proud hawks just looked at one another. Then, the one of them with green plumage dived down to the ground. It landed just beside Raiden with the same grace as him, and gave the thunder bird a respectful bow of his head before turning his back to Misake to offer her a 'lift'. After another glance at Misake, Ayumu then jumped on and climbed Raiden's back. He found he was able to gently but firmly grip some of the feathers around Raiden's neck so Ayumu could keep himself steady on the massive bird's body.
"Hold tight now, Ayumu child. And away we go!"
Raiden gave a strong flap of his wings to lift off from the ground, and after several more he was already more than a few dozen feet off the ground. The other hawks that were still in the air stopped circling and followed the bigger blue bird, getting into formation as they approached the clouds.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 pm

A thin shade of blush came across Misake's cheeks when Raiden mentioned her being 'gifted'. Not one had ever really called her that. Most came to the conclusion that she was a ditz, and once you label someone like that you tend to just write them off as inconsequential. There had even been a time when someone had said she was so blonde that her hair turned white. In reality her head had been black before the incident that had made it otherwise.

The red in her blush shut out however at the mention of rabbits. It really dampened the mood since Misake could see the pink elephant in the room that Raiden didn't yet know about. Of coarse, it wasn't a real elephant, though she was sure that if she tried hard enough she could bring an elephant here, though it certainly wouldn't be pink. Still, it wasn't per place to establish Ayumu's connection with rabbits, though if he offered them up the hawks as a trade for a contract she would have to sternly interject, and the probably bash the Yuki-nin's head with her hammer-staff to knock the sense back into him.

Misake could tell that the hawks that came down upon command were proud creatures. That was alright though. For one, she wasn't the one trying to impress them into a contract. However, she had dealings with animal pride before. She had an example of one standing with his hooves in the snow near to her. Besides it wasn't like every critter in the realm was a fan of humans. In fact, more then some loved the idea of this place being a safe-haven from humanity. That meant that many weren't fans of the Yuuma given that they can bypass the customs process. Before approaching the hawk Misake looked over at Rikuto. "It's ok you old goat," The saying with probably lost on the fact that he was an actual goat, "We'll be fine, now get back to butting heads."

"Before we ride, I need to know your name. The Yak was one thing. That was a creature that couldn't be reasoned with. However, whenever given the option, Misake won't ride an animal that she didn't know the name of.

"What?...It's Taio." Oh good, a bird hawk. The hawk turned it's head to get a good look at Misake. "You're different."

"Yeah, I know" Misake said as she climbed onto the back of the hawk and pushed her hair back behind her ear. Not that it really mattered since once they took off her white hair was victim to the wind. She didn't even hold on like Ayumu was. Instead, she hugged the hawk with her legs as she held her hands out to the sides to take in the air. She had ridden countless types of animals, and had a lot of experience with the act. At this point, she was trying to find new ways of taking it to knew limits. That was what she had been doing with her whale summons before having met Ayumu. They were traveling further behind Raiden, so where all the other hawks. "I can make you go faster!" She exclaimed while trying to force her hands together against the already mighty backdraft. "I can channel my speed enhancement technique to you and we'll---"

"Please, don't." The hawk said, tilting her head to catch an eye on Misake who stopped the hand-signs she started to form. "There's no need to impress, and I'm at my proper place." You probably couldn't even hear the disappointed puff the girl released at the notion, but she abided by the hawks request.
Poison on your lips
Love

PreviousNext

Return to ::- Yuki no Kuni - The Great Provinces -::