Fly Like a Penguin [Open]

Outside the walls of the major cities, the Snow Empire boasts a variety of climates and landscapes. From the frozen glacial desert of the north, to the deciduous rain forest in the south, the four provinces are fun to discover for those who can keep their wits about them. Wild beasts of primitive and dangerous proportions loom in the corners of even its most barren wastelands, and the criminal elements are almost free to roam anyplace that is secluded from civilization.

Fly Like a Penguin [Open]

PostPosted by Love » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:42 pm

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu"

Instantly, the white haired girl on the white topped cliffside was joined by an orca whale matching in size to a normal orca, though not completely compatible in shape considering that there was a bearish nature to the massive mammal. This wasn't the first time Raiku had been summoned to the Land of Snow, but it was the first time it was for a little fun.

"Girl, what are you doing still in this frozen tundra? It's too cold here for you." Well, at least Misake had taken greater care to dress appropriately this time since she now wore a furry winter coat to keep her warm. Once you get far enough way from the hot springs, it's important to bring your own heat.

"Silly, it's not like I came all this way out here just to turn around and leave. Besides, this is the whole reason I came to this WONDERFUL PLACE!" Her built-up excitement couldn't be contained any longer as she shouted out to the open heavens and shot her hands into the air while twirling in the snow-filled air. "Besides, it's not like you can really complain, the ocean can get just as cold as this. So stop blubbering." Pun completely intended. "At least you didn't have to hike all the way up here like I did. You'd think with all the modernizing going on around here they could at least put in a sky lift."

"Yes, but at least the ocean has water I can swim in." The whale wasn't a big fan of this snow. It did good to keep his skin moist, but was lacking in fulfillment. "So what am I doing here anyway?"

"Well, I don't have a fancy penguin summons, least not one big enough to ride on, so me and you are going to put good use to this mountain. All this soft powder isn't going to go to waste, cause we're taking the easy way down." Looking down the steep hill, the girl couldn't do anything but sign a low mourn at the thought of what Misake was proposing.

"Alright, but after this you're going someplace with real water."

"Deal!" Yea!
Creation is a Collaboration
[ Signature | Activity | Request Thread ]
Poison on your lips
Love
Lethe ::HUG::

Re: Fly Like a Penguin [Open]

PostPosted by Love » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Misake mounted herself onto the whale behind the dorsal fin, holding onto the appendage for some extra support. The bearish paws of the beast braced himself at the cliffside looking down on the soft white slope that was before him. The only real thought he could muster was that he must have been crazy for agreeing to this.

"Alright, 1...2.."

"WAIT!" Misake yelled out with a slap to the blubber covered side of the whale.

"Second thoughts, huh?"

"No, but just send some chakra to your stomach first silly, otherwise you'll have one nasty rash by time we reach bottom." You see, she was a helpful summoner. As instructed, the whale sent down a layer of chakra onto his underbelly, though the thought of it only made his heart beat stronger against the anxiety of what he was about to do. The rate was so strong Misake could feel the invigorating pulse from atop the whale. "It's alright, just close your eyes and take a chance."

Raiku shut his lids and without even a second count, leap off the cliff. Tucking his arms in alone the sides, the whale struck the snow like a massive bobsled down a track, and with a rapid speed the mammal became a sled for perhaps the greatest slide in all the world. All the sudden the whale felt a tug to the left of his dorsal fin. "Raiku...Rai!"

"What?"

"You can open your eyes now! OPEN YOUR EYES!"

The whale did, and saw that they were sledding straight towards a large pine with no time left to dodge. "Suiton: Mizukireude" [Water Release: Water Slicing Arm]. Water broke from the snow they were riding down and formed up into bladed extensions on the whales arms. Holding his limbs out in front to shield his face, the cutting edge of water sliced the truck on the tree and sent the bulk of the plant toppling over into a sliding roll right behind the pair of extreme skiers. From there Raiku took to trying to slide and avoid other oncoming trees and rocks, though with enough near misses, more trees were cut loose and falling to bring down a virtual avalanche behind the sliding pair.

Misake, her long white hair flying, looked back to see the approaching danger that they were now outrunning and could do nothing other then smile at the sight. "BEST RIDE EVER!!"
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:20 pm

"Are you sure that there's going to be lots of birds at the top of this mountain, Eiji? a boy asked a large rabbit with a small tree stump growing out of his shoulder while the boy was leaning against a tree to catch his breath for a moment. The leafy rabbit jumped over a large rock just ahead of the boy and looked back.
"I'm sure of it! Just keep on climbing and we'll be there in no time!" the talking rabbit replied to the boy in his typical low pitched voice. "It's not passed the migrating season yet, so there should be plenty of those birds up near the top of this mountain. Just a little further, Ayumu!"
"Alright, alright!" the boy replied as he pushed himself off the side of the tree and huffed his way passed the big rock. The pair continued up the side of the mountain for some minutes before a sudden sound in the distance alarmed the both of them.
"You hear that, Eiji?"
"Someone is up there already."
Ayumu and the 'Tree Rabbit' honed their highly sensitive ears to the sounds of talking that came from further up the mountain. A cluster of trees blocked the view of the girl and her summon, but the superhuman hearing of the boy and Eiji was well enough to make out parts of what they were saying. The words 'wonderful place' confirmed it already that someone was up there. Ayumu wanted to be cautious about meeting a potential enemy while approaching from the low ground. The boys hand itched to reach for a piece of gum, yet now just simply wasn't the time or place for his habit.
"You think they might be from the village?" Ayumu asked his companion in a whisper while coming closer to him.
"Let's listen further." suggested the rabbit as he adjusted his ears. It wasn't long before the rumbling of plummeting trees and snow had both the boy and the rabbit looking at each other with open mouths.
"Come ON! USE IT NOW!" screamed Ayumu. Eiji took a moment to wonder what the boy meant before nodding and forming four hand seals.
"Plant Style: Tree of Might Defense!"
As soon as the words left the rabbit's mouth, a tree sprouted and then grew within an instant right in front of him, reaching about ten feet wide and twenty feet high. The boy then moved his body behind the tree, bracing himself for the impact of his life. Eiji looked at the boy with a shake of his head.
"Get to the TOP of the tree, Ayumu!" the rabbit told the silly boy who in turn, jumped on the back of the 'Tree Rabbit', gripping the stump on the back of his shoulder to support himself before he launched himself again up the side of the tree. The boy latched onto a low branch of the tree, and then inched his way to as close to the top of the tree as he could manage. The boy reached high enough none too soon before the cascade of snow, rock and trees (not to mention the girl and orca) reached the newly grown tree. Ayumu tried to keep his cool, yet couldn't help but think that this might be some sort of attack. On who, the boy didn't know but he reached for a kunai just in case someone was out for his blood.
People talk about combining the Way of Learning with the Way of the Samurai,
but when properly combined, they aren't two-they're one.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
Profile page | RP request page | the Way of the Artist
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:02 pm

"Alright big guy, it's time to make this more interesting." Misake called out as she patted her whale on the back before pushing herself up and plant her legs where she had sat. Instantly, she stumbled. Moving that fast made the ride very unstable, at least until she applied some chakra down at her feet to hold herself up firm on the whales back. She stood sideways, her cloths now flapping like her hair had before as she held her arms out like a snowboarder shredding down fresh powder.

"You mean the fact that we're now out running an avalanche because of you wasn't interesting enough?" Raiku yelled back.

"Hey, this is the ride of a lifetime, so just let me do the driving." As she leaned, the whale moved with her now. It made the new set of trees they were coming upon so much more maneuverable, since unlike the compliant whale, Misake was far from fearful of this whole ordeal. She was a world traveler now, and she intended to taken in the world in ways never imagined before, so a nosedive down a mountain on a whale's back was only the most recent of adventures to come.

They passed through the trees without chopping down a single one of them, though Raiku didn't drop his arm guards just yet since he had no idea how Misake intended to subvert the damage to come from the cascading trees, boulders, and icy snow that chased them. Luckily, the buffer zone of trees helped to block a lot of the mess, though not all of it was held back. However, coming out of the patchwork of mountain groves, they were coming upon the tree that hadn't been there before, not that Misake understood this, though she did understand what she was seeing up atop it. "RAIKU, HARD STOP!" Directed but he girl, the whale made a hard left and fishtailed, pun intended, into a 180 that faced him backwards in the slide as he expunged the majority of his belly level chakra to increase friction and bring them to a hard, and rather uncomfortable stop, not reaching a full halt until the whale's hind legs cushioned on the tree trunk.

Witnessing the onslaught of debris about to come at them, he raised up his arms and yelled out. "Misake, get back." However, the girl wasn't on his back any more, but instead jumped out onto the snowy ground out in front of his arm blades.

"Nonsense, silly." She pricked her finger on this pins along her waistline and formed up hand signs. "Kuchiyose no Jutsu" White smoke, and from it came out a scruffy looking mostly orange lion, Ikimono.

Raiku was just about to yell at the idea of bringing out someone even smaller then him to stop all this, but before he could Misake activated Ikimono Kugutsu | Animal Puppetry, ironically a technique akin to the lion's own personal name. Just as the feline was in mid statement, something along the lines of "What the f--" The surprise of being met with the avalanche was eliminated as Misake took mental control of the beast and cause him to activate "Katon: Haisekishou | Fire Release: Brushing Ash Accumulation".

Black smoke felled the area as both Misake and the lion exhaled while waving their heads around to layer the surrounding area in the hot ash. As the avalanche met with it, she clicked her teeth, and from the lions mouth an explosion erupted that not only instantly melted a massive amount of snow in the surround area in front of the tree, but also effectively halted any momentum the avalanche had destroying the natural force.

She released her mental hold and thanked the lion for his services. "Sorry, but we needed to act fast." Rubbing the lion on the head before turning back towards the tree.

"How?" Raiku asked as the water blades disbursed.

"What did you think happened when fire and ice collided?" She answered with the same kind of matter-of-factually ditz that was typical of the cheery girl. Looking up, she called out to the pair in the tree. "HEY, can I come up in your tree house?" She knew it wasn't really a house, but it must have been fun up there.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:54 pm

As Ayumu was in the tree, he noticed the girl and her summon coming to a forced stop just in front of the tree. Oh no! He's been spotted! Ayumu hid himself as best as he could, almost forgetting about the avalanche before the sound of it coming within some yards away brought him back. Ayumu closed his eyes and put his back against the tree, both bracing for impact and holding his kunai at the ready to defend himself. The boy didn't notice the girl had summoned a lion and stopped the part of the avalanche that was going to pummel the 'Tree of Might'. His eyes remained closed and body remained rigid until the avalanche had past. The girl suddenly called up to him, and the boy became aware again. Ayumu flicked his red hair out of his eyes and leaned over the edge of the branch he was sitting on.
"Don't come any closer! I'm a ninja of Hidden Snow, so identify yourself or I'll...!"
The boy was so startled he didn't know what to say he'd do, so he just trailed off. The 'Tree Rabbit' was on the opposite side of the tree from where the girl and her summons were. His ears made him well aware of the fact that the lion used a fire based jutsu, which was the only thing he was wary about when he poked his head around the tree to look at the girl. The rabbit sniffed the air a few times then relaxed as he didn't smell or hear anything that hinted the girl had malicious intent.
"You can calm down now, Ayumu. I don't think this girl wishes you harm." the large rabbit said to his master.
"That avalanche could have killed me!" shouted Ayumu.
"Who's to say she caused the avalanche?" the rabbit then replied before coming out from behind the tree and looking to the girl. "I'm afraid you may have startled my master, Ayumu. He's normally a friendly person. What might your name be?" Eiji, the inquisitive rabbit took his usual fatherly role as he always did in situations like this. Ayumu looked around the tree towards the girl, yet didn't put his kunai away just yet.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:18 pm

A kunia? It must have been one secret treehouse to be that defensive of it. That being thought, Misake didn't just start climbing the tree like she had wanted to. Truth be told, it was the rabbit that she really wanted to meet, so she was fine with the ordeal since it was the hare being so cordial with her. "Oh, sorry. My name's Misake, and this is Raiku and Ikimono." She said first with a polite bow before gesturing to the whale and the lion, respectively.

"You know, if you guys jumped from that high, the snow would probably work as a cushion to catch you." She'd have to remember to try that one before leaving this snowy paradise. "That would probably be even better then snowboarding...er, whale-boarding."

At this comment, the playful lion busted out laughing to the extent where he was rolling around on the ground, his tail flame melting some of the snow still around the tree trunk. "Wait a minute, she used you as a snowboard? You've got to be kidding me?"

"Shut up you sorry excuse for a house cat."
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:47 pm

The boy in the tree really didn't feel like coming down at first, yet he took Eiji's word for it. All he did at first was put his kunai away and then he popped a piece of bubblegum in his mouth. Today Ayumu felt it was a good day for watermelon flavor. He chooses his daily regimen of bubble gum flavors like clothes.
"Don't be rude! Come down already, Ayumu!" It took these words from Eiji to finally get the young ninja to gracefully fall down to the ground from where he was. Upon landing he rolled out to avoid injury, following through with the roll to stand on his feet. He kept his distance from the girl and her summons.
"And where do you come from, Misake?" asked Ayumu. As he mentioned the girl's name, he used a haughty tone of voice almost indicating that he was annoyed with the girl or upset with her.
"Your summons,... Raiku and Ikimono do seem very foreign to us." Eiji indicated, trying to ignore Ayumu's tone towards the stranger. "I am a summon myself; a Inaba clan summon. The Inaba are native to this land, you see-"
"Why are you giving foreigners our life story, Eiji? What I really want to know is how that avalanche started." the boy interjected. Eiji gave a heavy sigh. it seemed the tension only built up on Ayumu's side of this.
"She stopped the avalanche from destroying us, and all she's asked of us so far is to be able to climb up the tree I made." the rabbit argued. "Remember, Ayumu that it's polite to introduce yourself before asking it of someone else."
To this, Ayumu just rolled his eyes and began heavy chewing on his gum. As usual, he was polite enough to keep his mouth closed while indulging on his habitual chewing.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:40 pm

"So you made the tree?" Misake's voice was excited by the rabbits claim. She had to touch the bark of it after that, not that she could really tell anything from it, but she was always impressed but he work of a summon. "I guess that would explain the growth on your back. I've never met a summons before that could mold the wood element, and really, this is my first conversation with a hare, so forgive my jitters." Misake brushed her hair messed up hair from the vicious ride out of her face as her bearish whale stood up and shoot itself off the loosen up after the bumpy ride.

"And I don't mind all the questions," She said looking towards the man, Ayumu, the name she only knew because she was paying attention to everything the rabbit said. "I find it's the best way to get to know everyone. Originally I'm from a small farm in the Land of Lightning, then Kumo, and now no where in particular. I've always wanted to travel the world and see it all, grow up on the farm and you'll end up missing a lot. So you're from one of the clans? That's one thing I've wanted to come upon in traveling. These two don't come from a clan that's made the move into this realm. Instead I summon them right from the Animal Realm, my bloodline limit lets me do it." Ikimono, still a little giggly from the idea of Raiku being used as a sports tool, came over and sat down next to Misake, who gave a pet to the hair on top of his head.

"If you're from around here, you might know Rima. She's a Yuki-nin like you, and one of my clansmen. If you don't that's fine, but it is good to meet yet another summoner from the Land of Snow. You almost won't find any of them back in Kumo." That was the truth as far as Misake was concerned. She had now officially met more summoners from Yuki then she had her home country.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Rima. At this, Eiji and Ayumu just gave a look to each other. Eiji shook his head at Misake (trying to ignore the fact that she made the mistake of calling him a 'hare') and Ayumu just crossed his arms and blew a bubble with his gum.
"Ayumu is kind of fresh from the Academy. The both of us still have yet to know much other shinobi, even from these parts. And Ayumu only a beginner at summoning for now, but I'm sure he'll get more of a hang of it soon enough." explained the tree rabbit. Ayumu popped the bubble and looked back at Eiji.
"Can we keep going now? I can't miss the birds you said were going to be there." he said to his companion with an anxious look.
"Oh, right! We were on our way up the top of this mountain because Ayumu here had asked me where he might find lots of different birds..." the rabbit continued to explain, much to the annoyance of Ayumu who then gave a sigh and another roll of his eyes. "Come to think of it, I don't know why he's so anxious to see these birds. Are you taking up bird watching, Ayumu?"
"What'd I tell you about telling foreigners our life story? Yeesh! Let's just get to the top of this mountain already and find those birds, if we can."
"Oh, we'll find them alright. Migration season isn't going to end for another month or so. There should still be plenty of birds up there." The rabbit then turned to Misake. "You may come along with us, if you would like. I'm sorry Ayumu is a bit touchy about things today, but I suppose we shouuld go on now with what we intended on doing in the first place before that avalanche."
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:39 pm

"I'd love to join you. Besides, I do excellent bird calls." Misake turned around and touched her pointer to her chin as she considered something for a moment. "I hate to break it to you, Raiku, but you're a bit big for a hiking trail. I'll have to send you away."

"Please do, I much prefer the ocean to any silly bird watching." Misake formed up a concentration sign which resulting in the whale being puffed away in a large cloud of white smoke. Before she looked down to the lion that was still there.

"As for you, I'm going to keep you around since you're all warm and fluffy, and you're tail can keep me warm all night." She said giving Ikimono a hug around the shoulders of the seated lion. It was the truth, Ikimono's fire element meant that his body temperature was always higher then a usual rate, especially since he literally leaked the Katon natured through his tail. Even the snow beneath his feet was a little moist and better for packing given that he was melting some of it by just standing upon it.

"Fine by me, Mimi, but if I catch you roasting hotdogs off of my tail again you'd better share." Misake reached behind her and pulled off the half-staff that had been dangling on her back thanks to the leather strap around it. With a one-handed concentration sign and a puff of white smoke she transformed the half-rod into a full blown walking stick.

"All set," She proclaimed as she planted the staff upon the ground and started off alongside the pair of Yuki regulars. "I'd love to hear more about your clan, Eiji. Most other summons I meet are from when I go into the Animal Realm to scout for new friends, do I'm not really familiar with any of the clans that have settled outside the Realm. Oh," She interrupted herself at a different thought. "And if you want, Ayumu, I can give you some pointers on summoning. I learned my basics from my mother, but I've been able to summon critters since I was four."
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 pm

"Yeah. Bird watching." Ayumu said after Raiku vanished, still with a dark tone in his voice. The boy then looked to Eiji who returned with an attempt at a smile (it's a little hard for rabbits to make a noticeable smile) before following Ayumu's lead. The boy began walking before Misake had said 'all set', but Eiji stayed put for a moment until the girl was ready. The tree rabbit hoped the lion would keep a safe distance with his flaming tail, but aside from that stress he made sure to stay in line with the girl. Eiji's stubby ears perked when the girl said she wanted to know more about the Inaba. When she also mentioned being able to teach Ayumu more about summoning he looked up towards the boy.
"You hear that? She can give you pointers." Eiji called out. Ayumu didn't even look back. It wasn't that he had no interest in learning more about summoning, but he just felt that he still couldn't trust 'the foreigner'. Although he still didn't trust her, he had many questions he wanted to ask about this 'animal realm' she spoke of. It went hand in hand with why he was wanting to go 'bird watching' this very day. Ayumu's gut was telling him this was lucky fate, yet he was still cautious about this girl from Hidden Cloud. He just kept hiking up the mountain and chewing relentlessly on his bubble gum.
"I'd be delighted to tell you all about the Inaba, Misake." Eiji finally said to break the silence in waiting for the boy to enter into some kind of conversation. "See, the Inaba started out as an extended family of farmers. They lived as a part of the village hidden in the snow since the time of the second Kage. It was a man named Inaba Ōkuninushi who first signed the clan contract with hares and rabbits that he met in a forest one day. The current leader of those rabbits and hares was none other than the greatest 'tree rabbit' to ever live amongst us, Kazuhiro. I myself am a 'tree rabbit', and a direct descendant of Kazujhiro. Tree rabbits live long lives much like actual trees. We may not have long ears like the rest of those summoned by the Inaba, but we still hear just as well if not better than any other normal rabbit or hare..."
Eiji kept on giving some of the accounts of the Inaba clan, and told Misake of when the clan began putting men and women in the family into the village ninja academies. He was then explaining how the clan had no actual leader within it just as the group was passing out of the trees.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Misake listened closely to everything the large rabbit was saying. She had shared conversation with all of her summons, except maybe Mibee, but the was only because he didn't speak much other then his name. However, she had never been given the opportunity to talk with someone else's summoning companions. "That's very interesting, especially how the Mokuton nature of your chakra makes you age like a tree. It's kind of like how Ikimono's Katon nature heats up his body---"

"And gives me my warm personality, right?" The lion interrupted.

Misake just giggled. "More like your hot temper," The girl joke as she rubbed the top of the lion's main, which was far from all encompassing around his neck, a trait that Ikimono was a little self-conscious about. The lion was walking on the opposite side of Misake as the rabbit, and all throughout the walk through the collection of trees it had kept its tail plunged into the snowy ground so as to not set off any accidental forest fires. Luckily for Ikimono, it took a lot more then some frozen water to extinguish his tail flame, so when they were clear of the flora, he brought his limb back up with the burning flame intact. "But it's not just that. Tako's armored skin comes form his Doton nature, and none of the Ishumure swarm can land on you without putting off a static shock."

"Sorry for rambling, those are other friends of mine. Sometimes I just get jealous of how people like you or Ikimono can wield elements as you can. It's an innate part of the Yuuma, my clan, that none of us have our own elemental nature. I've seen it where they give new Genin strips of special paper that tests what elements a person possesses, but when I tried, nothing happened...at least not until I folded mine into a paper swan."

"So Hops," Ikimono had the bad habit of giving out nicknames of his own choosing, though he was usually pretty good at avoiding it if they didn't stick. "Since you're a clan summons, doesn't that mean that more then just the kid here can summon you? What would happen if a different clansmen summoned you while you were fighting for someone else?" Ikimono, though usually not very bright, had some questions of his own. Since he wasn't the same type of summons, as his lion pride hadn't bound themselves ever to a clan, he didn't know the logistics of how the other side of things went down.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:19 pm

"Well actually, I was given to Ayumu as a summon exclusively. That's how the Inaba clan summons are. Each summon from my tribe is unique to every member of the Inaba clan. Some of us are passed down from older members of a family within the clan, but most summons from my tribe are given to young Inaba when they too are young. Once a young clansmen of the Inaba enters the academy, they are given their first summon which is usually a young one. If another of the Inaba summoned one of us, it would most likely be one unique to that individual. Ayumu hasn't reached the age to where his mother will pass down her family summon." explained Eiji to Ikimono. The rabbit was delighted to talk and get to know people, especially people that took an interest in him and his heritage.
"I don't see any birds, Eiji. You think that avalanche might have scared them off?" chimed in Ayumu. Eiji blinked for a moment, taking a moment to remember about the birds. The rabbit's ears then tweaked a little bit to try and hone in on distant sounds.
"They could have flown to the other side. If we're patient they may come back." he replied after giving up on scanning bird calls. "Perhaps you could try using your talents, Misake?" Eiji then said as he remembered further. Ayumu stopped walking and turned to look at the girl. Something about Misake's appearance told the boy that she would be the type to know bird calls like she said she did. It was that nature loving look. This reminded Ayumu of his mother.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

PostPosted by Love » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:36 pm

"Well, it seems like you all really have it sorted out then. Makes sense though, Hops. The shapes and sizes were I come from are so multiple that it's really never a worry that another Yuuma would be able to summon me. Unlike some of Mimi's summons, I wasn't one her mother ever knew. Don't even think I was born when the old fraud-" Misake gave the lion a slap, still fairly gentle though, to the back of the head for stepping over the line. She wasn't going to let her mother be talked about in that way, but it didn't really break his sentence terribly, just caused him to brush it off some. "Sorry, anyway, she's the only Yuuma that's come across me...and probably the only one that would want to. Unlike you, I'm not exactly in as high regards with my own pride back in the savanna."

When the subject of the birds had been brought up, Misake started looking around in the treetops. She had primarily focused on the rabbit beside her and had been thinking how it was weird she hadn't ever found a rabbit summons of her own. Sure, she had seen a few in her scouting quests, but those had been really fast runners, and she hadn't ever been able to catch up with them. It was almost like she was in a child's tail down a rabbit hole. "Well, I'll sure try, though it would help if I new what kind of bird we were looking for. Still, once one starts calling, others come, so I'll just go with an arctic owl giving the setting." Misake planted the staff as she spoke into the cold snow. The wood stood erect like a small tree of itself as Misake brought both her hands up around her mouth and cupped them in a weird shape as she called into them. The result was a cueing "hoot" noise that she repeated several times, sometimes a little lowered, sometimes softer.

After a few attempts, she brought her hands down and looked around to see if it had stirred anything up.
Poison on your lips
Love

PostPosted by kaidan K » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:15 pm

All Eiji did in response to what Ikimono said about 'not exactly in as high regards" was a polite nod of his head. He let that subject fall to silence as the birds were brought up, and Misake did her arctic owl call. Ayumu was very impressed by her ability now, especially when their suddenly rose various other calls that sounded near the same. The sound came from behind them as the owls themselves only hid higher in the trees out of the way of the avalanche when it roared down the mountain side.
"Would you happen to know of any Hawk calls?" the boy pried.
"What's wrong with owls?" Eiji queried with a tilt of his leafy head.
"I'm pretty sure they're nocturnal, so they're more active at night."
"You sure are being picky about this, Ayumu."
"What if I just want to see some action?"
"If I knew better, (which I do) I'd say your not just bird watching."
To this, Ayumu blinked, widening his eyes for a moment before rolling them and narrowing them to the side. "I can't quite place what you might be after... a pet perhaps?"
The boy then suddenly glared at the rabbit and they stared each other down in a battle of will power that Ayumu always lost with Eiji. The tree rabbit was worse than his mom, he thought. Finally, Ayumu sighed and gave in.
"I'm looking to find some animals that might give me a chance to make contracts with them. I need more summons to get better so I can go on tougher missions and make to chuunin- maybe even jounin some day... Hawks I think might be a better option than owls, because I want to have summons that have the same sleep schedule as I do. That makes them more dependable."
To this, Eiji shook his head.
"I think you're wasting your time by trying to find any animals in this realm. You're in luck, though because Miaske here has experience in the animal realm. Weren't you paying attention when she mentioned it?"
Ayumu fell to silence. He would say something, but now his desires were already out in the open. He just stood there chewing his gum away. The watermelon flavor was already starting to fade away.
Only one Way, Takezo.

~Takuan Sōhō, Musashi
kaidan K
Blind Justice

Next

Return to ::- Yuki no Kuni - The Great Provinces -::