Pouring Rain (Ketsu)

[ \The Meeting House | Kumonohora | The Heart of the Chiroptera/ ]
The reclusive fort housing the survivors of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction, located in the center of Chiroptera Forest whose dangers and local superstitions provide a natural barrier to the rest of the world. Nestled in the roots of one of the ancient trees, the people here are learning to survive alongside the ancient forest, the local Koumori serving to help things along. However, carefully hidden away underneath the fort the shinobi way of life continues on in the shadows in Kumonohora....

Pouring Rain (Ketsu)

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 am

The rain was pouring down from the skies in a typical thunderstorm over Kumo.

A young girl was wandering through the rain in a raincoat and with an umbrella, glad that it wasn't too windy as she looked about.

She was from a small village in the Southern Forests, and... she'd been sent by her family to do something.

But she'd gotten lost in the process.

At least she didn't mind the rain!
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Pouring Rain (Ketsu)

PostPosted by Ketsu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:57 pm

The rain was a nuisance.

Ando was never a big fan of the water from the sky, as it was something he was definitely not used to, being from the desert village of Suna. The rain always made the dirt on the ground slippery and sloppy, and everything was just... gloomy. Kumo was at it's best when the sun was shining and the sky was blue, because at least then you could see it in all its glory. Not this foggy, gray and rather unpleasant little village it seemed like.

Most people seemed to not mind the rain too much; they were probably much more used to it than he was. They were going about their business, some with umbrellas and some without, most not paying much heed to the pathetically gloomy day sky. As he walked out of the Medical Department, still wearing his medic's coat, he cracked his neck, sighed, placed his right hand on the back of his neck and top of his shoulder, then tilted his head up to start at the sky. The rain falling made his eyes close out of reaction, but... although the rain itself wasn't appealing to Kumo or Ando, the feeling of it falling on his face was actually kind of nice.

After a few moments of relative peace, he returned his attention to the laminated form in his hand. The patients who'd passed away in the past month were lower than the month before, but he felt it was still too high. There had to be something he could do to make even less pass on from their hospital... there just had to be. Placing it back inside his modified medic's coat, with the sleeves cut off and the entire coat itself designed with blue and black, with the Kumo village clouds on the left breast and the back of it. He took off down the street, walking casually towards his home.

Then, from nowhere, she appeared.

Her hair and eyes were the same color his own were, though a bit more vivid. Her rain coat was as silver as her umbrella, with frill around the edges, and her bag strewn across her shoulder and chest, to the left hip where her hand was pocketed. Her hair was braieded on both sides with a purple ribbon in it, and two clips holding it up and off to one side out of her eyes. She was... ack, what was the word.

Ack, he was blushing.
Ketsu
lrn2makeupurmind

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Someone was watching her?

Blue eyes glanced casually about, only to settle on a boy with similar coloring to hers... except... he was blushing? Had he gotten a fever or something?

Probably, he wasn't wearing any protection against the weather.

Well, he was probably her best hope of finding her way around, sooooo~

She approached with a smile, stopping a few feet away.

"Could you... show me around? I'm kinda lost, and it's my first time here," she smiled, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. "Rin."
Raika

PostPosted by Ketsu » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:16 am

"Could you... show me around? I'm kinda lost, and it's my first time here,"

She was as shy was he was; or at least as sheepish. He was still awkwardly standing there as he glanced around, making sure that she was actually talking to him before looking back at her.

"Rin."

"Ando. And, sure; I remember when I first came here, everything was so different from my home that I got lost immediately..."

He smiled at her, rubbing the back of his neck again as his eyes closed and an apologetic, sympathetic smile appeared on his face.

"I know that having someone show you around is definitely useful. Makes finding certain things very easy. Uh... I don't know which gate you came in from, but we'll start over by the Western one, since it's closest, and work our way around. Is that quite alright, ma'am?"

Ando smiled again, and closed his eyes as he tilted his head to the left, blushing slightly more than before. He wasn't used to showing people around, and would probably screw up... but hey, he'd only been here for two months, and already was popular in the Kumo Medical Department, had a team of his own and knew his way around the village. Kumo was a very open place... and that was one of the major reasons he liked this place as much as he did.
Ketsu
lrn2makeupurmind

PostPosted by Raika » Sun May 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Rin nodded, smiling back at him.

"That'd be perfect... um... Ando."

His blush and her own hesitancy brought a faint blush of her own to her cheeks.

Learning the layout of the village would be perfect to establish a good plan and figure out escape routes.

Yeah.

That was... the only reason she was letting him be her guide.

...right?
Raika

PostPosted by Ketsu » Sun May 13, 2012 3:12 pm

"That'd be perfect... um... Ando."

Instinctively, he blushed just a bit more, his eyes closing as his smiled. The rain didn't seem to bother him anymore as he walked a bit closer to her and took a look around.

"Well, let's head over to the western gate then."

He stepped in line with her, leading her over to the western gate. On the way, he decided to converse;

"So what're you doing in Kumo?"
Ketsu
lrn2makeupurmind

PostPosted by Raika » Sun May 13, 2012 3:34 pm

"My family wants to move into the village, but they need to finish up some stuff back home so they sent me ahead to find and buy a house."

A carefully prepared story flowed from her lips without hesitation as she looked around curiously, studying everything with a close eye.

It was her first time in Kumo, and her story gave a reason for why she was looking around so much and trying to take note of everything.
Raika

PostPosted by Ketsu » Sun May 13, 2012 3:41 pm

"A house, huh?"

He stayed quiet for a moment, thinking.

He had, of course, no idea what the house market was like here. He was still living with Raika, whom he'd accepted as a mother, after his had died back in Suna. He smiled to Rin once more, his blush finally fading.

"I'll ask Raika! She knows about stuff like that. She should be near or in the hospital, when we get there I'll slip in and ask her to come out!"

He was proud of himself that he could help her. Helping people was all he'd ever wanted to do. They were coming along the side of the summit of the storms, too; he could go there right now. Depending on her reaction, he may.
Ketsu
lrn2makeupurmind

PostPosted by Raika » Sun May 13, 2012 5:08 pm

"Raika...? Raika as in Raika Hofushi? The sennin?"

Oh please no.

What to do what to--

She stopped and grabbed Ando's hand, shaking her head quickly, letting her nervousness show and blend with her shyness.

"W-wouldn't it be a bother to her? I mean, what if she's busy? I'm sure I could find a house on my own, after all, it wouldn't bother me...."
Raika

PostPosted by Ketsu » Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 pm

"W-well... yeah... Raika Hofushi.. since she's my mom and all.."

He looked at her strangely. Why was she trying to avoid seeing Raika? Maybe she was just nervous. Yeah, that had to be it! I mean, when you're new to the village, meeting one of the most famous people in the world was kind of big. Ando had it good, though; the very same person he was going to bring Rin to meet was the person who took him in and saved him that day in the forest. He owed Raika his life, and loved her; in fact, most of her jutsu were simply amplified versions of his. He'd never studied her jutsu before, or anyone else's, which simply meant that they were just that similar.

He smiled gently to Rin.

"It won't be any sort of bother to her. Trust me!"

He gripped on to her hand and walked towards the summit of the storms, now intent on going straight to Raika. After all, being his adopted mother, she'd of course want to meet someone he was becoming friends with. Outside of Raika, Omoi and Haeo, Rin was the first person he'd actually been outgoing with. Now that he thought about it, why was he so much different with her? What was it about her that made him so... weird? The way her hair bounced with her step, her eyes lit up when she talked, or just her in general? Unsure was the best he could do.

...Ack, he was blushing again. At least this time, she couldn't see it.
Ketsu
lrn2makeupurmind

Return to Kumonoshin | "The Heart of Kumo"