The Walk | Leaving

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:43 pm



Stepping from his small apartment Koga took a second, frozen outside his door he stood in the hall. Scanning from left to right his eyes traced over the hallway. There were several other apartments on the same floor as he. None of which he he'd ever been in. Despite living in the same building for well over a year now the idea of presenting himself never quite came to mind. Though, with his reputation most people already knew of him.

Turning back to look into the apartment he was greeted with a flood of memories. Memories of the first time he moved into the apartment to the one time the toilet broke... As he ran through the memories a small smile formed along the edge of his lips.

Closing the door he filled his lungs with a deep breathe before moving on. He carried almost nothing, only the clothes on his back, or around his waist and the pouch hanging from his hip. The essential tools to surviving in the wilderness.

As he walked down the flight of stairs he came to a stop. Slipping both feet into his wooden geta. Moving on he slid open the door and stepped into the open streets of Kumogakure. The only difference this time, he wouldn't be coming back.
Image
User avatar
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: ¯\(o_O)/¯
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 am

The Village Hidden in the Clouds. Kumogakure no Sato. It was a place she had called home all of her life, yet ever since she had decided to become a ninja it hadn't felt like it at all. When she walked, people would stare at her and whisper. When she trained, nobody would spar with her, no one would even practice in the same area. She had no friends, her closest family was gone, and even her clan had disowned her. All because of something the village told her was a great honor and a gift. It had ruined more than just her time at the academy, it had taken away the very things she had sought to keep close to her, and yet she could harbor it no ill will. She could feel the raw emotion from it, it was the same thing she felt in her heart, loneliness and a deep want for things. The only difference was that while she just wanted her friends, her family, and her life, it wanted material things. It desired riches, power, and prestige. It desired worldly goods, and things that meant nothing, and yet to it, they meant everything. It was why when she moved in with her aunt and uncle she brought everything she could from her house. Her room was filled with trinkets and just plain stuff, almost to the point of hoarding, and she couldn't help but to keep all of it. The thought was sickening, but she couldn't help herself. She just couldn't help herself.

"Hmm... looks like Aunt and Uncle left again..."

A messy head of red hair gazed over a note attached to the refrigerator. The handwriting was simple scribbles, but its contents were instantly recognizable. It was the same thing every time. Her aunt and uncle would come home for a day or two, and then disappear for weeks, never saying where they were going or when they were coming back. Osen didn't trust it at all. To her, they were just abandoning her like everyone else had. Ripping the note off, she tossed it to the floor before opening the refrigerator, only to find it empty, again.

"[badword]!"

Her stomach rumbled loudly as he made up her mind to head to the nearest restaurant. Shaking her hair out, she grabbed the sword she had by the door and walked out, slamming it behind her so hard that she was sure something inside had fallen over. She didn't care. If it was hers it wasn't going anywhere. in the hallway, she adjusted her sword strap and checked her white tank top for stains. There was a big red one on the corner, probably some sort of sauce, she didn't care. Shrugging her shoulders, she walked out of the door of her apartment complex, bumping straight into someone who was lingering in the doorway.

"WATCH IT JACKASS!"
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:13 am

Before he could even say his last goodbyes he found himself booted out the door. A all but gentle bump pushed him out the door and stumbling down the marble path before him.

"Oh! Oh! Oh!" As he stumbled down the path he hopped on one leg. Both arms spread wide. As he attempted to catch his balance he was almost certain he was making a complete fool of himself. The whole scene looked like the opening to a Kabuki show. The only thing he he needed now was the costume.

"SSSSAAAAFFFEEE!!!!!" Planting both feet on the ground, with a clap of his geta, both arms came across his chest before sliding outward like an umpire. Safe. Though it was a close call.

Though what-

Ears perked like a deer, his attention was soon directed behind him. Still a bit confused, he pondered why exactly he was being called name. And who was doing the calling.

Taking a step back Koga's vision fell upon the young woman... quite literally "falling". She was a tiny thing... maybe 5 feet... maybe. Bright red hair hung well past her shoulders and what looked like to be a good ways down her back. Her eyes...angry and pestered... her expression; not much different. Who is the world was she?

For sake of not being rude, Koga simply introduced himself as normal. Running one hand down his bare chest he let it rest over his stomach.

"...What'sup?!" His right hand still rested on his belly before he began to play with his belly-button. Coming to a rise, he waved with his left hand before letting it fall back to his side.
Image
User avatar
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: ¯\(o_O)/¯
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:43 am

Osen was short, just over five feet, but she was no pushover, and this guy was definitely standing between her and her food. Her expression was vexed, already angry at her family's lack of... family, and now there was someone standing in front of her, trying to ...she didn't know what he was trying to do. Was he making fun of her? Why was he doing that with his hand? Was he calling her fat? Why didn't he have a shirt on? All of those things ran through her head as she stared him down, her fierce green eyes meeting his blues without hesitation or intimidation.

" You're in my way."

Her tone was stern, and she hadn't paid his wave the least bit of attention as she walked past him. She had food on her mind and wouldn't be bothered with simple people and simple thoughts. She had made it all the way to the corner and had just turned down a street when she noticed n unfamiliar silence and lightness at her shoulder. SOmething was missing, and she knew exactly what it was.

" My sword! That little bastard took my sword!"

It was a bad habit of hers, something probably derived from the forces that controlled her emotion, but she always assumed the worst about people. She always thought they were after her stuff, and this time was no different. Of course she had simply dropped it when they bumped, but she would never admit that was what happened. Turning around quickly, she marched back down the street, ready to confront the thief and get her possession back.
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:24 pm

"Ew, whats her problem?!" he thought to himself as he swiftly stepped to the side as she walked by. His attention remained fixed on her until she came to the street and turned. "Wonder who that firecracker was..." plucking his finger from his belly button he examined his finger for a second. "Clean as a whistle~"

Just as he he proceeded to walk down the cobblestone path a bright shimmering object caught his attention. Like a fish to a lure, he couldn't resist not investigating the object laying in the doorway. Perhaps it was something he dropped afterall.

It was only after he stood directly in front of the the shining object that he realized what it was. "A katana... well it ain't mine." Picking it up by the sheath he examined it. He himself was not too familiar with blades to really make an assessment or judge the quality of the blade. But he was simple enough to enjoy the decorations and design along the sheath of the blade. Switching hands now, Koga gripped the hilt of the katana and slowly unsheathed it. His eyes remained locked on the steel of the blade. With a step back Koga did the only thing he knew, from watching others and movies of course, Rotating his wrist on a swivel the blade slashed from left to right repeatedly for a few seconds.

"What'da kno. This things kinda heavy..." Halting, the rustle and bustle of someone in a hurry caught his attention. Spinning his head around like an owl he was once again locked eyes with the firecracker. "What'sup?!"

He knew he was in for it. If this katana was indeed hers, which he thought it was, things were about to get out of hand...
Image
User avatar
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: ¯\(o_O)/¯
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Hanya » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:55 am

As soon as she turned the xorner she could see him unsheathing it, swinging it around all willy nilly, proud of his obvious pickpocketing. Maybe he didn't expect her to notice so soon, or maybe he was just that bold, but he literally hadn't moved but a few feet from that spot.

When I get my hands on him.... i swear

She could almost feel the angry red blood rushing to her face, tinting it a deep crimson around her cheeks. each step collided with the ground creating a sharp echo that only mirrored her frustration. That sword was one of the only things she had recovered from her family's house after it was destroyed, and subsequently, after the village was attacked it was the thing that had saved her life. She had become attached to that sword, bringing it pretty much everywhere with her, and now this shirtless creep had his hands all over it.

"Give It Back!"

Her quick walk had turned into a run as she planned to simply grab the sword from him with all the force she could muster, already starting her run in case he noticed her and began running. She could feel the rage taking over a little, the feeling of charging at someone feeling almost natural.

Around her people started to look and stare, wondering what was going on.

" Look Martha... That demon girl is out chasing someone again..."
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Brera » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:57 pm

"Uh oh.." As she came closer, he backed up. With every step forward, he took one back. Backing up all the way to the door. With no where to go Koga had to make a choice...
Raising the sword toward the girl he held it outright. Was this the best idea... no. Not exactly. In fact it may have even backfired.

"Wait! Chill!!" His voice rose with every word that rolled off his tongue. "Calm down!" Now practically screaming in an attempt to snap her out of her.

His next choice of actions... not the best. If he were to look back on them... he could have made some better decisions. Unfortunately he didn't. Nor did he have time. Panicking, as all hormone enraged teen boys do when a woman comes charging at them, Koga took to a printers stance before darting. Like a bolt of lightning he zig zaged left and right until he made it past the girl. With both hands in the air the sword flailed about as he darted down the street.

Soon enough there it was. The gates to freedom. Fearful of looking behind him, he kept his eyes forward like a horse with blinders running down the track. Something told him this girl was on a whole other level of crazy.
Image
User avatar
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: ¯\(o_O)/¯
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Hanya » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:41 am

If he was like lightning, then she was like thunder. Her whole body into her charge, the simple left to right evasion was enough to outmaneuver her, and she slammed, body first, into the door. With a tgremendous crack, the wood door splintered, flying back into the apartment. Sliding to a stop, she quickly turned around, chasing him down. It looked like he was trying. To run straight out of the village, but he must not have been thinking clearly because the nearest functioning exit was on the other side of the village. The one he was headed towards had been closed for weeks as it was undergoing renovations to make it stronger.

Each step he took, she took another, shadowing his very speed, and trying to gain on him, her adrenaline opening her seal a little, letting some of the hachibi's chakra out. It gave her stamina and speed, but it also caused her to fall deeper into her anger. The pair approached a small fruit cart that was rolling across the street, and while Jin might go around it, or jump over it, Osen didn't even consider it a factor, she would go straight through it.

"Sword!"
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Brera » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:10 pm

With blinding speed he neared the exit. Or so he thought.

Pressing off the ground with his left leg he raised his right foot before him. Stepping atop the fruit cart he pushed off. Sending himself rocketing into the air with a elegant flip. Landing atop on of the nearby shop buildings he took a few steps before looking behind him. Cautiously peeking over the edge of the rooftop he'd hoped he was all in the clear.

Though why was she chasing him in the first place? Ever since she bumped into him she'd been in a horrible mood. Maybe he did something. But what? Did he perhaps do some kind of wrong to her? No. That couldn't have been it. Clenching the blade in his hand he prepared for the worst.

[Super short post. Sorry. Mind like jelly after finals.]
Image
User avatar
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: ¯\(o_O)/¯
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 am

While Koga jumped over the fruit cart, Osen ran right through it, shattering the wood and sending its contents everywhere. In the chaos she didn't see her target jump up into the buildings, she had just thought he jumped over it, and was surprised to find him not on the other side. Coming to a halt she paced back and forth for a moment, catching her breath and trying to think things out. Her focus was only on her sword at the moment, which was causing her to have trouble making any critical thinking. Realizing this, she tried even harder to concentrate on calming down, and she could finally feel herself calming down, though she expected he was long gone.

Dropping and shaking her head in disbelief she was almost about to turn around and go home when she noticed a long white reflection waving on the ground. It was shaped very familiarly, and as she turned around and looked up she saw the edge of her sword hanging over the edge of a rooftop, and Koga peeking ever so gently down.

"SON Of A BITCH!"

The chase was back on as she ran back towards the wrecked cart, jumping first onto it, and then from there onto a rooftop directly across from the one Koga was on. the way the buildings were spaced, she could easily run and make that jump, and they would just be running on the rooftops. Hopefully he would just give her her sword back, but she could tell he was going to run again, and in the back of her head, she kind of wanted him to.
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Scrambling to his feet Koga bolted once again. With all his might he put one foot in front of the other, running for his life. After witnessing the firecracker explode on that poor innocent food kart he could only imagine what she would do if he was unlucky enough to find himself chained like a slave to her torture. Of course his imagination blown the hole thing out of proportion. The chances of her "chaining" him up were slim to none...

Besides, she would have to catch him first.

Coming to the ledge he prepared to make a lunge for the adjacent building across the busy street below. Still cemented within his grip, the Katana swayed back and forth as he ran. With the clacking of his wooden sandals picking up Koga gathered his strength jumping from the rooftop and soaring high into the sky! ...or not.
Being the Jinx that he is, his plans didn't quite work out as planned. (They ever hardly did anyways...) Just as he jumped with his right leg his sandal betrayed him. The cloth strap which held his foot in-place snapped. And as it broke so did any ideas of soaring across the street. Instead he came face first into the ceramic tiles along the rooftop before flipping forward and tumbling down the building.

Landing with a crash, he lay on the ground buried beneath the mound of roof tiles. The busy streets which had just been flowing with traffic suddenly came to a halt. Peeking over and under one anothers shoulders the people tried to see what was going on.

[Sorry for the delay. Thought i had posted this, ended up saving it instead.]
Image
User avatar
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: ¯\(o_O)/¯
Gender: Male

Re: The Walk | Leaving

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:30 am

Though she had a burst of rather powerful anger, her mind was still clear. She had finally come to the realization that he might just be a little faster than her. she could keep running for days, but he seemed to be a shinobi just like her... and that meant so cold he. Coupled with the fact that he was slowly pulling away from her, she had to think about this differently. Pure speed probably wouldn't get her sword back, and though she wasn't one for trickery, sometimes it just had to be done.

Using one of the only few things she had learned in the academy, she begun the handseals for the Bunshin technique, but quickly stopped when she saw him just fall forward. Nothing had tripped him, no one had intervened, he just tripped, and fell, and rolled. For a moment her total anger left her as she began to laugh, first to herself an then out loud. Finally allowing her heart to slow down, she realized that at the edge of the roof, right at where he had fallen, her sword was just hanging there, the strap suspending it over the chaos below. Snatching it up, she peeked over the edge to see a mess of broken tiles, dust, and a leg hanging out of the rubble.

"Serves him right... but he won't be getting off that easy."

Firmly attaching her sword to her back and making sure it would stay there, she hopped off the roof, landing next to the pile and grabbing Koga by his unsandaled ankle. With a strong pull he slid out easily.

" So, you had fun trying to steal my sword?"

The commotion around them had grown into a small crowd, various faces circling around them, eyes bearing down on the pair, but most of them bearing down on Osen more than anything. The whispers began again, this time liouder though.

" Look at that little heathen."

" I swear she was raised in a barn"

"She will never be any more than a bully and a ruffian"

"Disgusting"

Even though there were a dozen voices, she could hear each of them as clearly as if they were yelled in an empty room. All of them were talking about her. they all hated her. She knew it, and no matter how hard she tried, nothing she did was changing that. It had been like that for years... and she knew she had a long time of it left.

As tough as she was, a tear welled up in her eyes, and she turned on dime, forgetting all about the would be thief. As she reached the edge of the crowd a rough "Move", was the only thing that came out of her mouth. When the crowd was too slow to get out of her way she let out a louder "MOVE", and they all scurried away. As soon as she hit the first corner, she sprinted at full speed, trying to get away from the whispers and the condemnation.
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male


Return to Takama-ga-hara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron