Forward Progress {Open}

[ \The Meeting House | Kumonohora | The Heart of the Chiroptera/ ]
The reclusive fort housing the survivors of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction, located in the center of Chiroptera Forest whose dangers and local superstitions provide a natural barrier to the rest of the world. Nestled in the roots of one of the ancient trees, the people here are learning to survive alongside the ancient forest, the local Koumori serving to help things along. However, carefully hidden away underneath the fort the shinobi way of life continues on in the shadows in Kumonohora....

Forward Progress {Open}

PostPosted by Aporo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:25 pm

There didn't seem to be much left of the home he once knew. Forward progress had...well taken hold of even Kumogakure. It seemed to be taking hold of every village across the globe in some way, shape, or form. Villages expanding, empires forming. Technology moving further ahead then he had at once expected. He almost shrugged that off really, he knew technology would move forward. He had seen the idea coming, steam as a source of power. Still wired into the land and the technology of it as a former head of Research and Development, he had in his own indirect way seen it coming. It was still something to be shrugged off, though he felt like a relic in a way. A relic from an old era and a simpler time it seemed. Letting out a sigh, the towering man walked through the streets of the village near his home.

"Its debatable if I am a relic or just feel like one. I most likely am" he commented idly to himself aloud. No one around him paid him any attention, the few that knew him knew better then to say anything. Others were put off by his size and the way he carried himself. Though the way he carried himself was unique in and of itself. He let out another sigh stopping at a little merchant stall to browse over what the man was selling.
"For every Age, there is a time of trial. The rocks faced such a fire before they were the ground beneath out feet. The plants braved vast winds before their roots could give us life"
"In the end it comes down to endorphins and genitalia"
"I thought killing people would make them like me.... It just makes them dead..."

"No wealth, No ruin, No silver, No gold nothing satisfies me but your Soul"
07/24 15:37:10 Tomoushii: well one of them has to be the small skinny one who's good with her tongue
07/24 18:58:11 Tomoushii: Tomoushii stars in 'A Lesbian TOO FAR!!!"
07/24 19:25:33 Ryu: Aubs took my NC virginity
Aporo
Demon Puppeteer of Fleet Street

Re: Forward Progress {Open}

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:11 pm

She had had a unusually good day. No stares, no whispers, no snide remarks. Even the weather seemed to be putting up with her, the cool breeze and few clouds letting plenty of sunlight shine down. Still, even though it was nice out, the whirr of machines, and the subtle scent of steam drifted through her ears and nose, the sight of bronze and steel glimmering in her eyes. The village had changed since she was little, and from what her parents had told her before they died, and what her aunt and uncle told her now, things had changed much much more.

While some of the older members of the village... or rather empire... while they felt like relics due to their old ways, and old skills, she... she knew she was, he special gift a relic handed down over a hundred years to her, from a time that most people simply relegated to fairy tales and fiction. Still, she knew it was real, and she struggled with it at every turn.

Slowly, Osen made her way to the market, her spirits high, even though she knew that this place, where people walked with their noses high in the air and their minds on their own lives, was the most common place of her little incidents. She had never made a successful trip to the market without raging out at someone or running away to shed tears in secrecy. Still, she had to do I, she had to go, otherwise she would starve.

"Whatever you need, we have it! Whatever you want, we can get it!"

A man dressed rather peculiarly stood outside of a stand near the edge of the market, yelling at teh top o his lungs at passerby. It was odd since there were many shops around, but not uncommon, and a few people had gathered around. One person in particular, a large man, was blocking the very front where she needed to be to even get a glimpse of what he had.

"Excuse me... Can you move... you're blocking my way."

her tone was probably rude, but she didn't know any better or care really, she just wanted to see what was going on.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Aporo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Holding a scroll in his hand he examined the text written on it. Mostly supplies that he didn't need so he put it back down. Looking at the man, his statement made him laugh mentally. There were very few who could make that claim, and all of them he knew personally. Having dealt with them in the past, he kept his mouth shut though. It was still possible people had popped up with connections all over that he didn't know about, he hadn't needed supplies for projects in a long time... Till now. Looking at the man, he tilted his head a moment. Placing his hand onto another scroll he lifted it and began to read through the label on what it contained. He got about half way through when someone made a comment about blocking the way. Looking over his shoulder and down, he spotted the young girl. He stepped to the right side a bit, enough to give her room. The person to his right took one look at him and backed off, giving him a nod. The large man merely nodded back, knowing without words what the person was saying. His eyes returned to the list, spotting a few key items that he needed. His eyes darted back to the pile of scrolls, none of the same color. Motioning with a hand the man behind the stall came closer to him after a moment of hesitation. Holding the scroll for him to see, "I'll need at least two more of these, and if you don't have everything on this list then I need these specific items" with his thumb he indicated on the list the items he was most in need of. His eyes for a brief moment went back to the young girl that had asked him to step aside, taking a better look and observation of her for simply a moment. Before his attention returned the man running the stall. He was quiet, probably mentally going over his inventory to see if he had anymore of what was being asked for.
"For every Age, there is a time of trial. The rocks faced such a fire before they were the ground beneath out feet. The plants braved vast winds before their roots could give us life"
"In the end it comes down to endorphins and genitalia"
"I thought killing people would make them like me.... It just makes them dead..."

"No wealth, No ruin, No silver, No gold nothing satisfies me but your Soul"
07/24 15:37:10 Tomoushii: well one of them has to be the small skinny one who's good with her tongue
07/24 18:58:11 Tomoushii: Tomoushii stars in 'A Lesbian TOO FAR!!!"
07/24 19:25:33 Ryu: Aubs took my NC virginity
Aporo
Demon Puppeteer of Fleet Street

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 am

Looking over the mans inventory she didn't see much of anything special. a whole bunch of scrolls, some odd little trinkets, and a weird sword or two. Nothing caught her eyes and she was on the verge of turning, she had already turned most of her body, when a small purple light drew her attention. Between two swords there was a little purple crystal there, and she looked at it for a moment before deciding she wanted it. The man looked like he was doing something, but he needed to handle her wishes first. The way she thought that surprised her for half a second but she shrugged it off, calling out to him.

"Hey!... Whats that purple crystal right there."

The man turned to her for a second, a confused look on his face. When Osen pointed at it he picked it up, holding it in the air. It reflected off the light, all of its light purple color shining on everything around her.

"Yeah that one. What is it. I like it. Purple is my favorite color."

Again the man looked puzzled before walking closer to her.

"Purple... This crystal is clearly and very easily blue. Bright blue actually. Maybe you should go see a doctor or buy some glasses before you try and buy something."

...Blue... He doesn't know what he's talking about. Its purple.....

"Whatever. How much!"

The man smiled and walked over to a scroll, looking it up and down before having a third puzzled look on his face. Walking back over to her he simply handed it to her.

"Its not on my inventory list. Somebody must have dropped it. You can have it."

Nobody was ever that nice to her. Ever. She hadn't smiled from something someone else had done in a long time.

"You must not be from here...."

Turning around she began walking off but bumped into the large man who had let her in earlier. He was sturdy as a rock, he didn't even budge. That was strange to her, but she didn't wast any time thinking about it. She wanted to visit some of the other shops. She had a lot on her mind, and some things she needed to buy.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Return to Kumonoshin | "The Heart of Kumo"