Truth Be Told [Open]

[ \The Meeting House | Kumonohora | The Heart of the Chiroptera/ ]
The reclusive fort housing the survivors of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction, located in the center of Chiroptera Forest whose dangers and local superstitions provide a natural barrier to the rest of the world. Nestled in the roots of one of the ancient trees, the people here are learning to survive alongside the ancient forest, the local Koumori serving to help things along. However, carefully hidden away underneath the fort the shinobi way of life continues on in the shadows in Kumonohora....

Re: Truth Be Told [Open]

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Sebokik stopped at her words. It brought back memories of their fight and their promises. Time had passed and both of them had changed, yet that day was still clear in his mind.

He turned back towards Raika.

Blood fell from his hand where his nails had dug into his palm. Sebokik took a finger and used it to draw a symbol on the opposite, unaffected palm.

"I'm going to do what I do best survive. I'm going to embrace my destiny for once in my life and become what I was meant to become."

Suddenly Sebokik's eyes were the color of molten gold and Sebokik's being was for a moment, encased in shadows, looking very much like the visage of a demonic king. Then it went away and Sebokik was left looking normal. The only difference was the ring of gold that circled his pupil that faded into an outer ring of sapphire blue.

Sebokik smiled and pointed up at the clouds.

"This world does not need another white knight to descend from the sky to defend it. The shadows are a welcome home to those who understand them."

Sebokik was about to turn away and begin walking away before he realized he had left something unfinished.

"Tell Otoha and Omoi what happened as soon as you get back. Otoha should know that he's in charge now."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Raika nodded and grit her teeth, holding back the tears that threatened.

"Don't you dare lose yourself, Seb. Never again. Neither of us can...."

She crossed the distance between them in an instant, giving her old friend one last hug before he went on his way.

"I'll miss you."

At least... at least, this time, she'd been given a chance to say goodbye, rather than having a friend simply fade away before she could talk to them.

Perhaps... perhaps she could give the Rolling Thunder a visit the next time she went on vacation. She missed those two drunken idiots.

"Come visit every now and then, if you can, alright?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 pm

"Lose myself?! Raika I'm finally finding myself!"

Sebokik's laugh was lost in the embrace as he hugged Raika just as fiercely as she hugged him. Finally he stepped back.

"I'll be around. I never could stay away for too long."

Sebokik decided it was time to go, time to leave before the urge to stay and comfort his friend became too great to ignore.

With a small nod of his head and a smile, Sebokik turned and adjusted the weapons on his belt and the pack on his shoulders, before turning and heading on down the road with the sun shining down on him to mark the start of a new day.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Art » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:44 am

Nihon looked unimpressed as Seb revealed his reasoning. Who did he think he was dealing with Otoha? The answer was a bit long for Nihon’s attention span ….

“So…” he concluded “Your trying to tell me that you cheated? -eh?”

He eyes narrowed into a playful glare “Don’t think you will get that advantage next time.” he promised as his brain started to think of ways he could cheat to counter the cheating ways of his commanding officer.

Instead of giving a smart ass remark of his own Seb narrowed the space between him as he put his arm around him Nihon could sense the importance in his hushed words.

What he said brought the kid to a standstill. “What?” he mumbled back. No longer my mentor? You couldn’t believe it… You couldn’t just drop students like that, could you? Yes Seb did teach him a lot, but there was still always something else to learn, he didn’t want a new sensei. Every ounce of him wanted to fight this decision. He wanted more than anything to shout out and tell Seb he was wrong. But it was the tone in his voice that told Nihon that his mind was already made up… He was leaving wasn’t he?

With his parting words Nihon was assigned the mission of protecting the weird girl… He wondered if refusing the task would prevent Seb from leaving. It was a childish thought, but more than that he knew it wouldn’t work…. No he had a better idea.
He was going to stop Seb himself.

As he took a step to chase after Seb as a strange shadow overlapped him. He looked up catching a tail of something…
A quick laugh escaped his lips. He only heard about her second hand from Omoi, but the description fit perfectly.
If anyone could bring back Seb…. He knew it would be that Dragon.

“I leave this in your hands…errr Claw?” He called to the sky as he darted into forest.

------------------

Don’t worry Seb I’ve stopped chasing after you… From here on out I’m going to surpass you!- It was a promise

------------------

He ran through the woods. His only thought on his mind now was the last task mission assigned to him….. “Found her” he
mumbled as he popped out in front of the strange girl “Hiii!” He shouted as he greeted her loudly and cheerfully.

He really didn’t think that through. Hopefully he didn’t scare her or anything.

“So your names Osen Right?” he voice was even louder “That’s kind of a weird name.” he concluded.

“Well my Name’s Nihon….” He said with a smile. “It’s a pretty normal name.”

“So I saw you talking to Seb back there…. How do you know my Sensei anyways?” He commented.

He didn’t know exactly why Seb wanted him to befriend this girl… But he was determined to find out for himself.
Art
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 am

She had sprinted to the other side of the village, about two thirds of the way to the next exit, but before she was able to reach it the same kid who had interrupted her earlier popped op right in front of her, out of nowhere.

"Ahh, [badword]!"

She fell backwards onto her butt and scoote away on her hands for a second before she realized who it was. Quickly getting up, she tried to keep walking, but he began asking her questions, the look in his eyes and the way his voice kept getting louder causing her to feel uncomfortable. Then he called her name weird, which she didn't even know how he had known it.

"Good to know, now could you move out of my way, Nihon? I've got places to be and things to do."

He seemed to ignore her as he asked another question, his words speeding up considerably, almost like he was excited or something. Her heart ws beating just as fast as his words were though, and she looked at the sun peak over the crest of a few buildings, knowing that her window of opportunity had closed. She had missed the chance to escape, and for what, to have a conversation with some kid who couldn't even manage to entertain the idea of people having other things to do other than give him theri attntion. BUt fine, she had missed it, and what could she do about it now but wait.

"Seb?... Oh.. I don't know him at all. but he recognized me. He was your sensei, that must be nice. Never had one. Not a real one anyways."
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Previous

Return to Kumonoshin | "The Heart of Kumo"