Truth Be Told [Open]

[ \The Meeting House | Kumonohora | The Heart of the Chiroptera/ ]
The reclusive fort housing the survivors of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction, located in the center of Chiroptera Forest whose dangers and local superstitions provide a natural barrier to the rest of the world. Nestled in the roots of one of the ancient trees, the people here are learning to survive alongside the ancient forest, the local Koumori serving to help things along. However, carefully hidden away underneath the fort the shinobi way of life continues on in the shadows in Kumonohora....

Truth Be Told [Open]

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:20 pm

--Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire--

The dread slowly melted away as relief took its place. Sebokik stood in the center of a whirlwind that cut through the room with deadly precision, slicing his desk, his documents, and everything else in the room into a fine dust that settled upon the ground. The purpose was the elimination of the chance that the information could be used to rebuild what he had just destroyed. He also didn't want anyone gaining any hints as to what he planned.

As the dust settled, only two objects remained intact in the room. One was a small figurine of a wolf. The other was a photograph of a group of men, an older generation of shinobi that had fought in the Kumo Civil War.The picture was there men all grinning and smoking and rebuilding the ruins around them just after they had won the war. In it were men lost to the world. Among these were Supaiku Hantaa, Tomoushii Soratodai, Tsuuki Komouri, Kairebu Soratodai and Fei Long. Sebokik was the last one from the picture who still resided in Kumo and worked alongside the new generation of shinobi to protect Kumo. The men who defended the nation against the samurai threat during the Kumo civil war and then helped rebuild, were no longer here.

It had taken a while to realize it, but Sebokik knew why there was no one left. Change had come to Kumo and Kumo's motto and heart of lightning had found no place in this new society.

A society built upon those who's courage and strength bade them to kick reason to the curb and fight on, now did not want those men.

Now military precision and political favors, subterfuge, and the technology race was the focus.

The glint of gold caught Sebokik's eye as he opened the window to the early light of dawn and turned to look back upon his old BOLT office. The necklace with a gold wolf figurine hung from the ceiling as an offering and explanation to those who found it.

Sebokik left the BOLT HQ building far behind as he jogged back to his house to gather his possessions and be on his way. He hoped to put distance between him and those he had left behind.

No tears came to golden eyes as he approached his empty home and gathered his weapons and clothes before setting out towards Kumo's main gate at a walk.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

Re: Truth Be Told [Open]

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:08 pm

She was a relic of times ppast. a time when great mean did great things. That time was gone now, she had missed it, and yet she still respected its traditions and practices. Se was a shinobi in a world where shinobi were either mistrusted, or believed just to be outdated tools of war. Some people thought that they didn't really exist, and were just myths or people using tricks to give themselves a one up on their enemies. The technology wave had eliminated much of that which made them special, spectacular displays of power, unique abilities, and special skills. Now, if there was a need, there was probably something with a price on it that could just be bought.

This was the dilemma that faced all of the shinobi of Kumo, but hers, hers was deeper than this. She was a jinchūriki, literally she was the power of human sacrifice. Incredible power trapped and bound to her to be used to protect her village. Even with that, she just sat on the shelf, something long forgotten and deemed obsolete. She had a calling that was greater than just sitting around and becoming a tool, and the longer she stayed here... the deeper the cut grew.

"I cant do this any more."

As rowdy as Osen was, she had never said anything as calmly in her life. She had no friends. She had no family. Even her clan, who were alive, well, and in the same village wanted nothing to do with her. She was alone, with nobody to care for her, care about her, or even give the slightest damn about her well being. She was better off alone, away from everyone, than to be surrounded by people that would just as soon abandon her as they would scratch an itch

"I cant do this..."

She had packed light, bringing pants and shirts, her trust sword, all the food she could find, the non perishables stored away in a scroll. She wore a simple pair of pants and a white shirt, the same thing she wore every day, she didn't want to stand out. She wasn't sure if anyone would even notice her being gone, she wasn't sure she actually cared. The few rays of sunshine that peeked into her room would probably be the only thing that greeted her, and with tht, she was fine.

Heartbroken, but fine.

Silly girl... People will always abandon you. You're better off on your own. On our own....
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm

The sun was just stretching its gaze over Kumo and the morning was still quite early as Sebokik's determined walk took him down the dusty streets. He was avoiding main roads simply to avoid the places he knew he was leaving behind. And the people as well.

As the sun's rays warmed the air, Sebokik slowed to enjoy the warmth of the sun that accompanied Kumo's crisp morning air. The birds were beginning to fly overhead and the shop owners would be awakening to prepare for another day of sales. The orange sky made for a harrowing sight as its accusing gaze found Sebokik as he turned onto a road that lead almost directly to the gates of Kumo.

The silence was eerie and Sebokik's resolve was tested yet again as he looked upon the rebuilt splendor of Kumogakure.

The sound of a door closing jolted Sebokik from his reverie.

As he turned to observe who had interrupted his early morning departure, he realized that he had seen the girl somewhere. His memory was no where near as good as most full-blooded Nara's, the one thing he did not inherit from his father. It took Sebokik a few moments to piece together and put a name to a face, but finally he knew.

He'd seen her face on a report in the BOLT HQ office he'd just thoroughly eviscerated.

The girl was a Jinchuriki. A demon host. She was a dangerous person.

Sebokik felt pity as he realized this. He'd been host to a very much lesser demon for a very short time and it was not a favorable experience. Jinchuriki were mostly legends and memories for old timers like himself.

She didn't belong here any more than he did.

"Hey. Kishino, isn't it? Sneaking off isn't a very endearing thing to someone in your delicate position."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Hanya » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

The voice was deep dark and ominous, but it wasn't the first time that Osen had heard it. It crept up on her at every chance it could get, urging her to leave everything behind, to let go of her restraints, and to live for herself, to give herself over to her feelings of despair and selfishness, and become solely intent on surviving. She knew it to be the voice of her Bijuu, her tailed beast. It was known as the Hachibi, the eight tails, but she knew that it had another name, though she hadn't learned of it from its last host, or from any interaction with it. Normally she chose to just ignore and suppress it, but now, at this moment of weakness, she chose to embrace it.

"I know..."

The intense sound of laughter vibrated her core as the beast felt like he had finally broken her. The weakness she was experiencing allowed his chakra to seep into her, which she could feel like a blanket offering some sort of comfort. She was confused about this, since she had been told that bijuu were evil, but this felt comforting. it felt like she could relax. It felt like she could let go...

"Hey. Kishino, isn't it? Sneaking off isn't a very endearing thing to someone in your delicate position."

She opened her eyes staring for a moment before turning and noticing the person who had spoke. She had never seen him before, but his interruption had interrupted the warm feeling she was having, pulling her back into the cold reality that she was having. She hadn't even noticed her eyes had gone from their normal green color to purple and back.

"My name is Osen... And I'm sure I wouldn't be missed. What do you know of my "Delicate position" anyways... who are you?"
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm

"My name is Osen... And I'm sure I wouldn't be missed. What do you know of my "Delicate position" anyways... who are you

The cold tone and the changing of the eye color wasn't a good sign and for a moment Sebokik felt himself go cold. He didn't want to set off a fight with a Jinchuriki. Then the emotion was gone. He didn't care anymore.

Sebokik simply didn't care if she brought damage to the village. He had severed his emotional attachments to it.

"I am...I was the most powerful man in Kumogakure. I'm as close to omniscient, omnipotent person Kumo has had in a while. I think I would know who the Jinchuriki were at any given time. Your practically akin to a walking time bomb of emotions and chakra."

Sebokik sighed and ran his hands through his short sandy blond hair. He looked over his shoulder to make sure he wasn't being followed by any BOLT or Med Nins. Either could be unwelcomed trouble. Sebokik turned his hard glare back at Osen.

"Yes. I am wondering what a Jinchuriki is doing wandering around alone this early."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Art » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm

"Gonna get you this time, old man"

Nihon Smirked…

Always checking over his shoulder, that was so like him. Always concerned with that’s going on behind him, he didn’t seem to check who or what was ahead of him.

He was finally going to get the better of him. He could feel the signs of laughter tickle his lips. He couldn’t believe how easy this was. Already planning all the wise ass remarks to make, he could wait to tell his old man maybe it was ready for him to retire.

Nihon waited patiently…

He couldn’t believe it… Tactfulness, timing, Nihon lacked all areas of self discipline. Doing his best to suppress his anticipation he waited for the opportune moment. It was obvious he was changing, for the better. Under the supervising and training of the BOLT program Nihon was becoming a very capable ninja.

Waiting again for one more shoulder check… Perfect,

Nihon found his opening.

Just as Seb checked over his shoulder a Kunai with a tag was thrown directly where he was standing.

He did his best to disguise the tag to look like an explosive note, but in all honesty it was just a piece of paper with a little message on it.

If examined closely you could see the child like lettering.
“Found You XD”
It was followed by a silly face.

This is when he would launch his real attack. As a blue hair figured rushed behind Seb with another tag in his right hand, the blue haired figure attempted to restrain the proud shinobi.

Again he grinned, he wondered how his attack would play out.
Art
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:54 am

The flash of a kunai caught the dawn's bright light in Sebokik peripheral vision as he had turned back around, but he ignored it. It wasn't hard to guess who it was. Otoha and Omoi wouldn't even try with a kunai. They knew better. There was one however, who's impatience and inability to formulate a good plan, would attack Sebokik while in the middle of a conversation with only a kunai.

Sebokik didn't really want to get into a fight right now, but he had always liked this young BOLT member. Nihon had a hard work ethic and a lot of enthusiasm hidden behind the cheeky jokes and comments.

Sebokik decided to end it quick and just give Nihon one last lesson.

Sebokik held out his hand to halt anything Osen might say or do. "Give me a moment."

He didn't even turn around. His shadow leapt out of the ground and snatched the kunai before it could get close. It ripped off the message before throwing the kunai back at the charging Nihon. It read the message.

"Found you xD"

Indeed he had. Well done.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Art » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:33 am

He was sure about this plan!

Why? Because it was obvious!

It was so basic… So very simple… It was something that anyone could figure out.

But that’s what made his plan so clever…. It was a very simple distraction.

Right after throwing the Kunai he launched a parashoot in the air attached with another note. Hoveringly slowly above his target, he knew he needed a distraction or it would never work.

As the blue haired figure rushed towards Seb, his back open for an attack, Nihon could hardly believe when the kunai was redirected, straight at his face.

Throwing his body back as the Kunai passed over him, if it was just a couple inches lower it would of grazed him. Putting his hand out Nihon redirected his body into a handstand before he sprang himself up back on to his feet.

“Awww!” He pouted!

“Your No Fun Seb!” he claimed.

“What Gave me away?” called another blue haired figure that jumped out of a tree. It was obviously a clone of his.

“Common, Seb you gotta admit my plan was pretty good…” Replied the real Nihon just a little out of breath from his recent acrobatics stunt

“Wanna See the best part?” The clone concluded pretty excitedly as he threw a kunai in the air ripping the parashoot causing it to flutter down even faster before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

The message on this tag said, “Dis Go Boooom” In the same sloppy childlike lettering.

“Pretty clever No?” He asked his Bolt instructor.

Like the hyper active young adult he was, he really didn’t wait for Seb to reply before jumping to the next topic on his mind.

“So What gives?” he accused Seb, “Who is this Chick anyways?” he pointed to the other girl stand there. “…Did you get a new student or did you just forget about your old one?” It was obvious the jealously in the tone of his voice.

Where was Seb going? What was the dead?... And lets face it, either way if it was scheduled or not, Seb owed him some training!
Art
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:06 am

Sebokik almost grinned but decided that wouldn't be the best course of action. He turned to face his student as his shadow reaffixed itself to the ground.

"You didn't do anything wrong. You performed your well. You just didn't consider a few of the facts that are well known about your mentor and Commander. Those facts could have made the difference in your attack. Be more careful next time."

Sebokik grimaced at the last question, not wanting to reveal Osen's "delicate position" to his pupil, for several reasons. Nihon was loud and hyper and prone to action without thinking. But he was also compassionate and dedicated. Right now, those were not the traits that Sebokik needed to deal with.

"No I didn't forget you Nihon. I'm no longer your mentor anymore. I've taught you everything you'll need to succeed. This here is Osen. She is an acquaintance." Sebokik walked over and put his arm around Nihon's shoulder and turned his back to Osen so she could not here his voice. "This is one last mission for you Nihon. I'm leaving. I need you to show me how good you are and do the hardest thing. Be this girls friend and protect her with your life. Can you do that for me?"

Sebokik didn't wait for his answer, clapping him on the shoulder before walking back over to Osen.

"I apologize for the interruption. I must be heading out. I've wasted too much time already." Sebokik then turned before heading down the alley. As he walked, his voice rang out. "Don't give up on her yet. Hope's still there, you just need to find her."

Sebokik turned down the alley and into the morning light as he approached Kumo's gateway to the world.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:09 am

A pebble whizzed down as a blur and burst on the road with a sharp crack mere feet ahead of the Nara, stirring up dust and sending the fragments skittering across the ground.

A lone woman garbed in black sat atop the gate, gesturing for Sebokik to join her atop her perch once she had gotten his attention....

Raika had been watching for a while. Lately, she had set her scout summons loose all around the village and country to observe, unnoticed from how common they had become because of her. It gave her a valuable source of information about her home and how people were doing; and... well, she'd seen this coming for a while now.

That didn't mean she had to like it, though.

Her friends kept drifting away.... What if something like before happened? Who would she turn to...?

"Don't lose faith."

A long, slow sigh escaped the sennin as she looked up at the sky, absently touching her forehead for a moment before she looked back to Seb.

A promise to never let her lose herself again. Maybe... Seb wouldn't be able to keep it. Hopefully he wouldn't have to.

But still....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Sebokik noticed the pebble just before it hit the ground. He knew who it was. Who else could it be? Only Raika would know this quickly. He doubted Omoi and Otoha would figure it out till he was well outside the village. Looking up into the rising sun, he saw Raika's outline atop the villages gates. It was a majestic sight. The Senin had always cut a dramatic figure.

Sebokik didn't react other than to force his chakra through himself with the brute strength required to perform an old, imperfect technique from his youth. He twisted the Shadow Jump technique back onto itself, so he was not teleporting through another shadow, but through his own shadow, taking a step back onto it and coming up walking out of Raika's shadow a second later. It took a amount of chakra that was usually not worth the effort when he could climb up the wall almost as fast and with less effort.

It was just one of those days where Sebokik didn't really care whether he wasted chakra. He stood there behind Raika, studying her before acting.

"If you want to talk, you'd best join me for a walk. I fear if I sit down, I won't be getting back up."

Sebokik waited a second before turning around and looking out over the vast expanse of land that was the country outside of Kumogakure's walls.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:45 pm

A sad smile curved her lips.

"Ah, but would sitting really be such a bad thing, Seb...?"

She looked over her shoulder at him, brown eyes meeting blue for a long moment before she stood.

"So few are still left from the old days.... It's getting a little lonely here in Kumo, heheh. Maybe I'll pester Souzen and Kairebu more often. I still visit Fei every day.... He's still got a chakra signature, you know, even now. Still got a group of mednin dedicated to figuring out how to save him...." she was rambling absently as she gazed out over her home, her voice soft enough to reach only her friend's ears.

She, at least... she was still needed, in the Medical Department. Maybe the day would come when a good successor would arrive, and she could retire to her own projects, her own whims.... But....

Even if the Heart of Thunder was gradually growing unneeded and unwelcome, she had always been a bit sentimental. And somebody still needed to watch over those who remained.

When she turned to face Seb, her sad smile still lingered.

"Instead of a walk... how about we take to the skies, instead? Before Nihon down there decides to get as reckless as he's prone to."
Raika

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Sebokik looked over his shoulder at her sentiments, at the mention of Fei's name. He nodded slightly, sadly surprised at the idea of Fei still having a chakra signature. He had sensed something about that statue of his old friend, but had never given it much thought. Well the world could still surprise him.

Hope simmered for a moment before the reality doused it again.

Raika's well meant request was exactly what he needed to complete his contemplations, the nagging feeling he'd had about his decision to leave.

Flying with Raika was a thing of the past. Tsuuki, Raika, Supaiku, and Fei had all flown at one time or another and as they kept their heads above the clouds, they had slowly been brought down to earth. One by one, reality had become too heavy a burden to remain aloft.

It was time to let go of what was past.

"No, I'd rather not. No offense, but I'd rather keep my feet on the ground. It's kept me alive pretty well till this point."

With a sigh Sebokik jumped down off the gate onto the dirt road outside the village. He looked back at to Raika. Kumo's lone guardian. he called back up to her.

"I think that the sky's lost its wonder. Its time to get our heads out of the clouds and realize what needs to be done."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:39 pm

That last little bit of hope that he would stay... his words shattered it.

Her heart ached as she stepped off the top of the gate, nodding to a nearby kitten-sized dragon perched on a tree, watching as it took to the skies and headed back into the village.

Such a brief freefall before she landed in a crouch.

Her sad smile was gone now, a deep lonliness in her brown eyes as she walked to join him; outside of the village, she could shed her status and just be Raika Hofushi.

A slow sigh escaped her. "Then I think I'll join you for that walk."

And as they moved, Raika's eyes closed, listening quietly to the sounds of nature and her companion's movements.

He wasn't hesitating.

"If you ever need anything, you're free to come to me, as always.... And that offer I made you a while back still stands, if you ever change your mind. Staying on the ground can crush people if they never take the chance to let their heart and soul soar. Even if the mind believes otherwise."

Her eyes opened, looked up.

Dreams, hopes, happiness... those were what kept people going in this broken world. That remained true even now. If those were lost... all that would remain was a shell that could hardly be called living.

Brown eyes turned to her friend. She still wanted to teach him to fly, but... he had grown unwilling.

"Take care of yourself so that you don't kill what's within, alright? Now, tell me... what do you plan to do on your own?"
Raika

PostPosted by Hanya » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:35 pm

She had watched in amazement as this man, this man who had come out of nowhere quite easily handled a fellow kumo nin. She didn't know him by rank, name or otherwise, but for him to be so utterly defeated, it was incredible to her. Maybe if there were more people like him, more people willing to just deal with her, maybe then she wouldn't have to leave, but as it stood, she had to go. She wasn't growing here in the village. The way of the ninja was gone, and with it, all chances of her leading a normal life.

With little but a few words of encouragement, the man walked away into the distance, leaving Osen alone with his defeated attacker, a former pupil of his, she assumed. That didn't matter much to her though, he didn't seem like the kind of person to pay her any mind either. Looking at the sun she had realized that her window of opportunity was quickly fading away. The guards would be resuming their posts soon, and the villagers woudl be coming. She had to get out soon.

"HURRY LITTLE OSEN... HURRY....."

The thundering voice rumbled in her head with a low growling laugh following it.

Quickly walking off, she decided it was best to head a different way. Wherever that man was going, he would probably be drawing all the attention towards him, he seemed important enough. Maybe she would meet him again somewhere.

Maybe not.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Next

Return to Kumonoshin | "The Heart of Kumo"