Lock and Key (Brera)

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Re: Lock and Key (Brera)

PostPosted by Brera » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Stunned. Nyoko's head snapped between his guest. Would he finally get a breathe of fresh air? The thought was almost enough to want to help Omoi in her research; but not quite.

"Agreed. You can even put the shackles on yourself if you'd like. Anything to get out of this hell hole." Holding both hands out before him he awaited his shackles.

It wasn't until the shackles were placed upon him that the thought of using this opportunity to escape flooded his mind. As much as the shackles around his wrist would deter the attempt; nothing would be able to stop him. If he truly did wish to take advantage of the situation.

However the chances of making an attempt were slim to none. After all, all of this would be settled in a few days. He was wrongly imprisoned in the first place... he had no reason to cause anymore problems for himself by becoming another S-rank in Kumo's Bingo-Book.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Omoi drew a slow breath, looking to her guide for confirmation. The man slowly nodded, pressed a hand to the wall, and the dragoness returned the headset and stepped through the glass, picking the shackles up from the floor, her eyes never leaving Nyoko-san.

His scent... had changed a bit over the years. And--

Her nose wrinkled.

"I certainly hope you keep those things in check. Though I can't imagine it's comfortable to have them crawling around that much."

Oh yes, her senses were so attuned that she had discovered the location of the "Dragon Eaters" in a matter of moments. He'd probably gotten the idea from the Aburame... but their bodies had adapted to the kikaichuu.

She fastened the shackles around his wrists, eyeing them silently before a minor flow of chakra made them shrink to a proper fit; not enough to rub his skin raw or be too uncomfortable, but enough that he wouldn't be slipping out of them again without breaking his hand or dislocating his thumb.

She could follow his general train of thought from the alterations of his scent and heartrate; an idea of escape, formed and then discarded, at least for now....

Omoi paused, calm, unreadable sapphire eyes meeting cyan. "Shall we, then?"

A light hand grasped his shackles, leading him forward and through the window; without her Souton in effect, it was similar to going through a thin layer of goo; mildly uncomfortable, but far from long-lasting.

And then they were on the other side, in the corridor, and her guide removed his hand from the wall and fell into step behind the two while Omoi took point, leading through the hallway. A simple turn led them, instead of heading towards the elevator, through a series of twisting and turning hallways, involving several more cases of fuuinjutsu-goo-glass, each far thicker than the first.

And then, finally, they stepped out onto a balcony overlooking a forest, now far below the village, though still high above the ground; and, in the distance, the trees of the Chiroptera rose.... Chinks in the cloudy skies allowed sunlight to slant through, creating a relatively peaceful scene.

An invisible barrier kept anyone from coming in or out with the exception of the hallway they had just left, so it was relatively safe for inmates to be brought here for a taste of the sun. Omoi moved ahead, only to turn and lean back against the railing, eyes once again on Nyoko-san; meanwhile, the guide remained by the opening to the hallway, ever watchful.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Like a sheep to it's shepherd, Nyoko followed behind Omoi, the shackles his leash. Offering no resistance he quaintly complied to her will as the souton chakra enveloped the both of them just before passing through the glass. The sensation could be best described as... odd. The Dragon Eaters crawling within didn't seem to mind. Soaking in a bit of the chakra as it passed over his body. But not all his bodies inhabitants felt the same. Like salt to a slug, the Giggi Splice within his body squirmed and burrowed deeper into his chakra network.

While passing threw series of glass windows only lastied a mere mili-second, the discomfort seemed to be endless.

After was seemed like an endless labrynth he raised his head high to feel the warm of the sun caress his skin. Basking in the suns rays heated the blood flowing in his veins; restoring a sense of life.

Closing his eyes, Nyoko lifted his head. A gentle smile creeped across his face. "Thank you for this. I truly am grateful."
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 pm

She breathed deep as she studied his smile, analyzing his scent... and her armor cracked ever so slightly, allowing the faintest warmth to enter her gaze.

Perhaps Nyoko-san hadn't lost his charm, after all.

A light push off of the railing, she approached the young man--

--and a gentle hand came to a rest atop his head, lightly ruffling his hair as a faint smile crossed her lips.

"How about you try to be more careful next time you come to Raikou no Kuni for your research, hm?"

She slightly tilted her head to the side before her hand slid off of his head, walking back over to the railing and gazing up at the sky.

Too many worries.... Too many things to keep track of....

She needed her beloved to help her sort everything out. And yet, it would likely still be some time before she was allowed to....

Gah.

She switched her train of thought to the peace and logic of calculations, looking at the problem of Kaitou-kun's kekkei genkai once again to try to reorder her thoughts.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Leaning over the balcony his eyes roamed to and fro as he surveyed the area. Flooding his mind once again, scenarios began to play out, some good and some bad. Nevertheless he switched his attention from the scenery before him to the hand placed atop his head. A very very uncommon occurrence.

"Yeah, I'll get right on that..." The calmness in his voice faded as he spoke "... If it wasn't for that little rat I wouldn't even be here right now." Filling his lungs with a deep breathe his heart beat began to soften as the blood within his veins began to cool.

"Doesn't matter now though. So tell me, how's life been within The Land of Lightning?! -Or is it Empire now?!" He was honestly curious, though he had managed to gather a bit of Intel on the inner workings of Kumogakure's his spy had long since moved on, traveling east to the snow topped mountains of Yukigakure.

Any intel she could provide would help to avoid situations like this in the future. Should there be one...
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:54 pm

She sighed, returning her focus to Nyoko-san.

"Empire, according to the politicians. Meanwhile, people like me are just starting to withdraw back into the shadows.... There's still concerns about terrorists, annoyingly enough, so anyone unfamiliar and threatening is still likely to end up in your position, bad intentions or not." She paused for a long moment, then grimaced. "Is corruption a permanent fixture of human civilization? It seems to always end up sprouting again not long after it's been gotten rid of."

Her thoughts were wandering over the darker sides of her home, something that only grew more and more apparent the longer she stayed.

She needed her light before she stared into the darkness for too long.

A low, rippling growl deep in her throat and she started pacing back and forth, hands clasped behind her back and eyes simultaneously focused and clouded.

Perhaps she'd go hunting later--oh, that's right, there were still those two to question. Perhaps she'd use them to vent a little. Not too much, though, she didn't like the idea of doing permanent damage; not after... well... seeing its results all too closely.

Gah, too many conflicts and contradictions to consider.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 pm

"Politics..." Even the slightest mentioning of the word began to agitate him. "I'm not a fan. Though I'd imagine there's quite a bit going on behind the curtain." Though trying to pry information from Omoi; he wasn't going to push to hard.

"Common people are generally good. People in power, well that's a different story. Power leads to corruption. Corruption leads to chaos. Once chaos has set in... well i'm sure you have an imagination. " While a pessimistic train of thought, his words were true. Once corruption has set in there's little to no hope for redemption.

Moving on, Nyoko chuckled as the sight before him; their roles reversed. Pacing back and forth, his eyes tracked Omoi to and fro before bringing up a lighter subject.

"So how's life? I believe last time we met you were far less developed." Retaining his smile he let his eyes roam over the entire area.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Omoi snorted softly.

"I'm more proud of how I've developed in my true form, thank you very much. Though I find myself fortunate that my boyfriend appreciates both."

A simple, efficient way to warn him off of getting too... flirty.

It also succeeded in muddling her mind with thoughts of her beloved and his current situation.

"Life is a complex series of problems to solve or wait out, unfortunately. And without my beloved around, well, I'm sure you can understand my foul mood. An 'investigation', they say. Bah! I'd love to show them a thorough investigation of their organs, if I knew who it was behind this shit...."

A brief rant, sapphire eyes flashing.

She needed to tear out some throats, go on a rampage. Would be a lovely way to destress. Or she could... uh... hmm. Carve something, perhaps? Or sing? It had been far too long since she had delved into any of the arts. Perhaps that would help her destress without any collateral damage.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Bursting into laughter he couldn't help but be amused by her warning. "Sorry, you misunderstand. I was referring to your development within your village and BOLT." Raising his shackle bound hands he scratched the top of his head with his forearm. One thing he didn't miss was the mosquito's...
"Though you have grown up also."

"It seems you need a vent..." Glancing over his shoulder he peaked at the guards position, taking note of any of his movements. The thought of escape began to reemerge. Though he hid it; quite well actually. Seeping from his hands hundreds of microscopic Giggi Splice began to spread over his body before dispersing over the area.

He would continue to engage Omoi in the process, maybe even push her over the edge if possible. Anything to keep her busy whilst his Giggi Splice spread out and gathered more intel on the facility he was confined in.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 pm

A brief alteration in his scent, a thought of escape, before it faded away. She paused in her pacing, sapphire eyes locking onto Nyoko-san.

"You've only got a few more days down there, right? Then use the time to come up with new research ideas and analyze current and past ones. It's what I'd use the time for, at least.... Well. As long as I knew my time imprisoned was limited and innocuous, that is."

She shrugged, resumed pacing, allowing herself to fall back into her thoughts as she moved.

It was funny, now that she thought of it, that he was only asking about her status in BOLT and in the village. He hadn't mentioned the Medical Department at all. And that was certainly far from secret. Still, it was a comfort to know that the majority of her profile didn't rest in his mind. Even Otoha and Raika didn't know everything that went on in her head, but those were more along the lines of unintentional omission or omission because she knew one or the other wouldn't understand than anything else.

"I've been doing rather well for myself in the village and BOLT, I suppose. I've gathered quite a few connections, though I need to establish more outside of the village at some point...." She frowned a bit; she could count the number of contacts she had outside the village and her clan on one hand, and that was far from enough for her to be content.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Eyes on her like a hawk marking it's prey, they no longer roamed freely, instead the sharpened upon their fixed point; Omoi. Stepping towards her upon her break in pacing.
"I suppose that's true. But freedom has a way of setting deep into the marrow of your bones." Walking past her, her turned his back to the wall, placing his back to it. "You mustn't condemn a man for seeking freedom once more."

As he listened to her speak of BOLT his memories of first joining the Medical Research Institute began to rise from the depths of his memories. Smiling, Nyoko listened intently.

"It gets easier." He quickly interjected. An attempt to b grasp her attention once again. "It gets easier. It did for me. But only after I spread my wings. Though only after nearly exiling myself from the village in order to focus on my research and studies did I learn the importance of forming connections. " Much like Omoi, Nyoko began to think about these connections.

Seven.
That was the number of connections he'd formed over the years. Oddly enough, that number "seven" seemed oddly small when he thought about it.

"Fast forward a few years and look at me now, full of connections , exiled from my village, and locked in a foreign prison." Taking a deep breathe, air filled his lungs before circulating throught hit body. Only moments later did the air leave his body with a deep sigh. "Life sure has a way of slapping you in the face."
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:30 pm

She snorted softly in amusement.

Life really did have a way of slapping you in the face.

Becoming good friends with Kaitou-kun, and then being separated from him because he wanted to keep her--and the rest of Kumo--safe from himself.

Falling in love with Otoha-kun, and then suddenly having him away on a journey where she was forbidden from joining him.

Captain Long getting turned to stone to save the village.

Raika always getting hurt protecting or trying to protect all she cared for.

Omoi's fists clenched, sapphire eyes burning.

She couldn't just break the source of the problem and fix everything, no matter how much she wanted to.

The human-formed dragoness snarled fiercely, growling deep in her throat at the world and all its pain and evils as she resumed pacing.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 am

Scurrying across the exterior of the building like ants to an open picknick basket; the Giggi Splice moved with purpose. With every passing second each and every Giggi Splice sent relayed data back to Nyoko. This data ranged from the material of the structure to the various layers of seals surrounding the entirety of the facility.

All crucial information if he wished to escape.

Meanwhile, remaining as complacent as ever, Nyoko cringed as his eyes remained fixed on Omoi. Though her lips remained still, her body shook with emotion. Even if he wasn't able to read her, the Dragon Eaters within his body were scratching at the chance to feast on the fiv- four course meal placed before them.
It was taking everything he had to suppress the swarming beast within him.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:31 pm

A glimpse of him from the corner of her eye and a sudden warning instinct brought her to an abrupt stop, all emotion vanishing as she abruptly calmed, eyes as calm and reflective as a deep pool to conceal what was within, even her scent abruptly altering to sweet pine needles, all bodily functions settling into perfect calm.

Sapphire eyes were locked onto the male in silence.

"...it's time we went back inside, Nyoko-san."

Shadows had already tried to eat her once.

She would not allow his "dragon-eaters" to attempt the same.

Her slip in emotion was careless; her initial reaction to seeing him after all these years should have been in the forefront of her mind, instinct both pulling towards and pushing away from the Oto nin.

If there was even a slim chance that he could lose his grip on his creations, or purposely turn them on her... then she needed to distance herself from the man, until she had some way to counter the unknown creatures.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:37 pm

"...already?!" The thought of returning to that cage sent chills trickling down his spine. Even if it was only for a little longer. After getting a breathe of fresh air there was no way he was going to simply return to his cell.

Putting some distance between Omoi, he took several steps before turning. Gazing over across the scenery his hands rested upon the railing. As his back remained turned to Omoi he took the time to reabsorb a portion of the Giggi Splice.

"I don't think I'm ready to return to that cell?! " Glancing voer his shoulder his vibrant cyan eyes glowed in the setting suns rays. "I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from..." Spinning on the ball of his heel Nyoko set his eyes on Omoi.

"How about we compromise?"
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Takama-ga-hara