Lock and Key (Brera)

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Re: Lock and Key (Brera)

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Her sapphire eyes met Nyoko-san's cyan ones unflinchingly, her calm undisturbed.

Compromise?

Her thoughts were racing, considering various angles.

Mere shackles did not prevent him from being a threat, even if, right now, he couldn't form handsigns.

Security seemed a bit lax once any prisoner was outside of their cell; aside from the barriers to keep them from getting out of the prison itself, there was nothing stopping them from injuring the guards or visitors.

A slow release of breath.

"I'm willing to listen, but a guarantee that you aren't a danger to anyone here would make me more lenient." Her words were soft, calm, and firm, and far from disrespectful. If now he could set her instincts on edge when before he had only been a mere child in need of protection... he had certainly grown.

Her lenience before had been borne of a sentimentality, a gesture of good will towards one she had once protected, as well as a sympathy for the need for freedom....

Now, however, she was realizing far too late that the defenses might be too weak outside of his cell if he truly wanted to escape by force.

After a long moment, her eyes softened slightly, showing she meant no harm and no injury, a silent request to behave himself.

She didn't want anyone to get hurt. Not her, not Nyoko-san, not the wisened old man who served as their guide in the prison.... No one.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 am

Unlike his usual quick-tongued responses, Nyoko remained silent. Partially due to the fact that his Giggi Splice were still in the process of returning home from their recon mission. But even more so due to the fact that he did not foresee Omoi taking his plea into consideration.

About 3 minutes had passed by now. Both parties remained silent for the most part over the course of time.

Nyoko had used the time to process the information his critters managed to gather before turning to Omoi with his request.
"...you do realize I am a shinobi." His tone was condescending to its core; with appropriate reason. "It's our job- no, our very nature to be dangerous to those around us. If it wasn't like that none of us would have made it this far in life." Like the blade of a katana passing over a whetstone his eyes grew sharper as they set upon the prison guard.

"How about I promise not to do anything rash; In turn I'd like to be given 5 hour of daylight for each of my remaining days. Under supervission ofcourse. But without these-" Lifting his hands up he shook them about, gesturing to the shackles. "bothersome cuffs." Dropping back down, his arms lay before him once again. "These truly inhibit any ability to enjoy such scenery. "

Turning to the forest he awaited Omoi's response; but not before saying one last thing under his breath...
"I can't even sketch with my hands like this..."

[Knew I had this post saved somewhere. Found it in the CC section. lmao]
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 am

Sapphire eyes gazed at the man for a long moment before she exchanged a few low words with the guard... the result pleasing her.

And so the man left, and Omoi moved lightly back to the railing.

"If you consider yourself a danger to everyone, then I imagine you get no peace of mind around those you care for.... After all, if you're a danger to them, too, it must get hard to trust yourself not to hurt them."

Her gaze had become unfocused, her thoughts centered elsewhere.

"I... refuse to let myself be a danger to those I care for, at least. And I try not to be a danger to those who are not my enemy...."

She smiled tiredly. "Now I'm the one who's rambling a bit...."

As the guard stepped back onto the balcony, Omoi turned to the Oto nin and gently removed his shackles before Nyoko-san's sketchbook and pencils appeared in the human-formed dragoness's hands, offering them to the male as the shackles disappeared from her grip to reappear in the bemused guard's grasp.

"I need to return to my duties, but you'll have your time out here each day that you're stuck here. I'll see if I can't send you a platter of sushi, as well, that restaurant is still going strong."
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Omoi's words were sharp, like an ice pick to a beautiful ice sculpture, chipping away at his heart till it shattered at his feet.

If only she knew the truth. The truth behind his recent spring of ventures and experiment. Of the reasoning behind his banishment from Otogakure at the hands of the Oto-Council leaders.

Just thinking of the situation overwhelmed him with emotion. At first he was overcome with regret, head dropping low, sinking into his shoulders like a scolded child. Yet soon enough that regret turned into resentment and rage, eyes glowing as if an ember had been sparked within. The more he thought about the situation the worse he became.

Luckily he wasn't alone. No, he had an old fri- acquaintance by his side to distract his mind from such matters and she seemed to be quite good at that; distracting him.
Rubbing both hands he lifted his arms out to his side allowing both wrist to breathe once again. Shake his hands about he brought them above his head with a stretch. Moving to Omoi's side Nyoko followed suit; receiving the utensils from her.

"There's nothing wrong with venting. Everyone needs to speak there mind at some point. Even if it is in the form of rambling." Smirk growing across his lips. "Thank you for this, I truly do appreciate it. Despite my earlier words, perhaps we should make it a point to grab a bite to eat."

Flipping open the sketchbook he leaned it against the railling before grabbing 2 different grade pencils and going to work.
"Once I'm out of here of course..."
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Something was bothering him, though she couldn't sense any changes in his scent; he must have been cloaking it somehow.

She let it slide.

"Of course. I'll see if I can find the time...."

Omoi pushed lightly off of the railing, knowing that the guard was getting impatient.

"I'll see you then, Nyoko-san. Be sure to behave yourself."

A light tease.

And then the guard had called one of his comrades to watch over Nyoko-san, and Omoi was moving back through the barriers towards her initial objective, her mood smoothing into grim calm.

There was much work to be done.

That evening, true to the dragoness's word, a platter of sushi arrived in Nyoko-san's cell in place of his usual dinner....
Raika

Previous

Return to Takama-ga-hara