Lock and Key (Brera)

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Lock and Key (Brera)

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Her every glance was like a razor, cold and sharp, sapphire eyes glinting in the light as she walked softly through the corridor, following behind an old, proud man who still kept his shoulders squared and his movements smooth and confident despite the graying hair on his head and the lines on his face.

Long, silken sapphire hair flowed freely down her back, the ends reaching her tailbone. Her lithe, athletic figure was dressed in a simple black, skin-tight ninja-suit that appeared to be made of silk, with its thinness and the way it shimmered softly in the light, armored portions over her bosom, groin, stomach, back, shoulders and knees, and encasing her forearms, biceps, thighs and shins took the appearance of hardened leather. Black tabi adorned her feet. There were various pouches and scroll holders about her form, holding supplies she might need to face most any situation.

And as she walked past the first few low-security cells on her way down to the high-security ones, eyes were drawn to her before her glance sent each prisoner instinctively flinching away from the woman who moved like a predator stalking prey.

She'd been brought in to help with questioning a pair she had caught on her exam.

Her mood was already foul because of more personal reasons, so the poor males would likely be pushed further and faster than she would have in a calmer mind....

Through metal doors, down an elevator the Research Department had developped ages ago, before the steam revolution had begun, fuuinjutsu powering the device.

She needed to get back to her studies; perhaps fuuinjutsu would be the key to one of her more important projects, not to mention the possibilities it would open for her to play with.

The doors slid smoothly open, she stepped through a barrier, and off through the new halls she went, each one holding a glass window rather than metal bars, each one protected by layer upon layer of complex fuuinjutsu to keep prisoners locked inside.

She felt an intense stare, and her piercing gaze turned to make the fool flinch away and mind his own business.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Lock and Key (Brera)

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Asleep in his cell Nyoko lay lost in his dreams. The dream itself was an odd one... though he wouldn't remember it when he woke up; he never did.
Rolling onto his side he adjusted his body to relieve the the pressure from his back. His body sinking further into the groove of the poor sap who was stuck in this particular cell before him. Judging from the size of the dents on the bed, he was a rather large fellow. Not that it mattered, there were only a few more days left before he was freed anyways.

But not before getting a few visitors though. Like a dog Nyoko's ears twitched to rhythmic footsteps coming down the hall.

Restless and eager to be free the Giggi Splice within his body went into a frenzy as the new chakra source came closer and closer. Like blood in a pool of sharks, they crawled beneath his skin as they feasted on chakra. Unlike usual, the feeding was far more uncomfortable. It was as if something had excited them. Something big, but above all, something delicious.

Waking him from his slumber Nyoko rose from the bed and faced the glass window to greet this new visitor.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:43 pm

She paused at the sight of the strange male staring at her through the glass, the old man leading her stopping as soon as he had noticed the jounin had stopped following him.

An oddly soft voice came from the proud man's lips, "What is it, child? You know 'im?"

The woman cocked her head slightly to the side as she gazed through the glass, the male within looking newly awakened with bedhead and starkly contrasting with the other inmates....

The glass was soundproofed on both sides, but both shinobi new well enough that an intelligent prisoner could read lips, so names and important details remained unuttered.

"Who is this?"

"A boy they brought in a month ago, supposed to be a spy. He's behaved well enough, but when we questioned him he didn't give away much, talking like he had just been moving through. Might have, too. But with everything, we can't take risks.... Are you ready to move on? They're waiting."

Ryuujin Omoi gazed at the male with cool eyes, instincts both drawing her to the male and trying to push her away; he had sparked her interest, at least.

But if he didn't spark it further, onwards to question the two men she had captured she would go.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Taken back by the nymph of his past Nyoko sprung to his feat. It was now clear to him why the Giggi Splice had been in such a frenzy; the DEG (Dragon Eater Gene) still resided within him. Fist clenched tight, he took a step forward. His cyan eyes scanning her in the process. She had grown quite a bit over the years.

Taking another step forward he came within inches of the glass. Raising his shackled hands together he proceeded to tap on the glass before enticing the woman to come closer with his point finger. He knew full well he wouldn't be able to speak with her normally. At best, she might be able to read his lips. That simply wouldn't do...

Twisting and turning right hand within the shackles he easily slipped it from the shackle. Now free, he made a simple hand sign, channeling chakra through his body and into his vocal cords. "Don't take me so lightly my little Dragon" His voice was directed to her and her alone. The guards nor camera's would be able to hear him.

Doing the same to his left hand; the shackles fell to the ground with a clunk. Turning from the glass he took a seat on his poor excuse for a bed and rested his back against the wall.

He wondered if she'd even remember him. It had been nearly 4 years.

Spoiler:
| S e i s h u k u. K o e. |< S i l e n t. V o i c e s. >
Range: Supplementary
Jutsu Type: Ninjutsu
Elemental Affinity: --
Clan: Otogakure shinobi
Description:
Silent voices is a communication jutsu used among Sound ninjas to speak with out alerting others of their position. It is a jutsu that allows them to direct their sound waves produced by their voices to a person or persons of their choices. So, as long as the user can effectively see their target they can send their voices to that target. Note there is another application to this jutsu, which includes blind application. It involves producing sound waves that target the bones in the ear. They can extend their voices to a wide range of persons in this manner with out giving direction of their voices.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Omoi frowned.

"...I'd like to speak to him before I question the others, if I may. Where's the communicator for his cell?"

The old man gazed at her for a long moment before he nodded, gesturing to a simple headset hung from a hook on the wall.

Omoi picked it up, put it on, made sure it was secure, and turned the device on; it wasn't all that different from standard equipment in basic interface, at least.

"Nyoko-san."

Her calm voice filled his cell from all directions, a network of fuuinjutsu allowing for the sound transfer. She held up a hand, palm facing up, and a small origami dragon materialized in her open palm, resting on the black Ryuujinscale of her gloves.

The same origami dragon he had given her long ago, his sketch kept safe within the folds.

"From your tone, you don't sound like the boy I once knew."

Good or bad, she would observe and let him show his true nature. Without being able to smell his scent, it would be slightly more difficult to find the truth, but she had lived among humans enough to be able to read them relatively well....
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:49 am

"Nyoko-San..."

The sound of his name rolling off the tip of his tongue was enough to bring a smile to his face. Whilst quickly washing away any fear or doubts he had about his former frie- acquaintance. Only to further be banished by the simple display of gratitude she exhibited; showing the origami dragon he folded for her all those years ago.

"You say it like it troubles you..." His gaze fixed on the origami figure.

"It's only appropriate that we grow as time passes by. Some more so than others. Though I must admit, you're the last person I expected to see in-" He paused for a second, wincing as the eager critters within his body continued to celebrate the reunion. "In a facility such as this."

Holding his right wrist massaged it gently with his left hand.

[Ugh. Sorry. I swore I posted yesterday while eating pizza. Sadly... idk what happened to it. :\]
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:31 pm

"Well, it's certainly not like I'm here often...."

Sapphire eyes were kept calm and emotionless as she studied his expressions, the way he held himself, listened to faint sounds of his heartbeat and breathing through the headset.

"Pardon me if I'm less friendly than you would expect from a reunion, I've been in a bad mood lately. But anyway.... Just what were you doing here in Raikou no Kuni that got you arrested as a spy? And what've you been up to these last few years? Those leeches ever be of any use to your research?"

A faint spark of curiousity in her eyes with the last two questions; she remembered, even now, that this man was one of the few she knew that shared her interest in researching living creatures. In fact, meeting him had helped push her along her current research path into DNA....

Her eyes lost focus for a moment as she considered her main personal project, a faint frown on her features. It was taking too long; she needed a faster way to create a solution, or at least a temporary solution....
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 pm

On his feet, Nyoko paced back and forth as he listened to the intercom. Stopping only when she asked the question referring to his research. reminiscing of his early years brought back a slew of memories of the previous Otokage Seiobo. She had been his teacher and inspiration for a large portion of his research. The thought of her disappearance only led to frustration.

"The fact that you remember my little... project, is flattering. You have very good memory don't you. " Turning to face the glass he took a step forward. His on vibrant cyan eyes fixed on her gleaming saphire jewels. After pausing for a few moments he continued pacing back and forth.

"You could say it was a success. Though, they are a bit different from leeches. I now refer to them as Dragon Eaters." hesitating for just a moment, he let his words sink in before continuing. "Being of similar decsent and origins, I'm sure you know of Sasaki Ryuuchi"

Sasaki Ryuuchi, a powerful name to throw around in such a situation, especially considering his company. Ryuuchi was a former shinobi of the former Kumogakure, Otogakure and even ran things behind the curtain for a quick minute in Iwagakure. Though his reign was cut short due to a "mysterious" disappearance. One which may or may not have involved Nyoko and his Dragon Eaters.

"You haven't heard from him in quite some time. Actually, no one has..."

Though he did send his Dragon Eaters after Ryuuchi on multiple occasions. It ws still a mystery as to his death or whearabouts. Though the thought of his death by Nyoko's hands would be more than enough to garner Omoi's attention.

"... have they?!"
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:05 pm

She felt... an underlying threat in his movements, his tone. Perhaps it was unintentional, perhaps it wasn't.

But she felt it.

And she didn't like who he had become.

The origami dragon vanished and she crossed her arms, remaining silent.

So... was he insinuating he had killed Sasaki Ryuuchi-san, the same man who had killed Raika and struck fear into Omoi herself years ago?

Whether it was a bluff or not, the S-ranked criminal had not been heard from in a long time.

Her eyes were half-lidded as she watched the male pace, silently analyzing the situation. At least now it was obvious at least one reason he had been taken in as a spy.

"You know, you've lost your charm."

The man who had been leading her stood by, eyes bright and alert as he watched the pacing prisoner and the calm, sapphire-haired jounin, all too aware that the prisoner's hands were now free.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:37 am

"Is that so..." Walking towards Omoi he stopped only when his face was nearly pressed against the glass before him.

"To answer your previous question; I have simply been doing research. You know the drill, camping, gathering samples, performing experiments, analyzing data... rinse and repeat. " Showing his bright smile he couldn't help but chuckle. A rare occurrence.

"I ended up here when I met quite the devious woman. It seems she got the last laugh in the end. So..." Running his hand threw his long silk black he lifted it slightly before letting it fall down his back. ... for now. Though you shouldn't worry yourself. Everything will be sorted out shortly.

Raising an eyebrow his gaze sharpened as his lips began to move "So tell me Omoi-san, how far have you come in your practices and research? I assume you've grown quite skilled over the years..."
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:42 pm

A turn of the discussion into research; and so, for the moment, she indulged herself, temporarily disregarding his comment about how everything would soon be "resolved".

She moved to the wall opposite Nyoko-san's cell, leaning her back against it with arms crossed as she watched the male.

"I've specialized in the study and manipulation of biological structures and DNA, though I've generally avoided plants in preference to animals. I plan to further my studies in fuuinjutsu as well, since it has so many applications in the medical field, in research, and in practically any other venture I could possibly choose...."

She paused, pondering for a moment, before her gaze became more alert, focusing on Nyoko-san.

"Perhaps you wouldn't mind giving me a second opinion on one of my personal projects? I'll leave the details obscure, of course, but I've been searching for a way to heal someone of... I suppose I could call it a genetic disease that's part of their kekkei genkai. Deterioration of mental stability and a shortened lifespan, essentially. I've been studying their DNA, but at this rate, I'm not making nearly enough progress as I'd like.... I've been considering looking for a solution in fuuinjutsu, at least as a temporary patch, to stabilize them and hopefully alleviate the symptoms until I can find a more permanent solution, some key in their DNA. What do you think?"

Enough to work with, but not too much that he would be likely to fully piece together... well, anything. She was just looking for his thoughts on the matter, not a potential partner in solving the issue.

She doubted she would really be able to trust anyone with the latter....
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am

Biting his lip, he took her question into deep consideration. Thinking of his own accomplishments and studdies the possibilty of discovering a permanent solution through genetic engineering would be the best solution; it would take time. Along with countless of specimens for which to test and experiment on. A difficult and timely study. Not to mention the required "disposal" of flawed experiments. Even so, a temporary solution through Fuuinjutsu would require almost as much time and research in order to create such a complex seal and place it on a persons body. That's not even including the possibility of rejection...

Truth be told, Genetics or Fuuinjutsu, both could prove equally effective. It was simply a matter of preference and skill.

As much as the subject of science, more specifically DNA intrigued him, Nyoko fought the urge to geek out. "As much as I'd love to help... I can't." Stepping away from the glass he returned to pacing around his cell. "I don't do that anymore... aiding enemies of Otogakure." Spitting on the glass, his sharp cyan eyes jumped between Omoi and company. Memories of Kumogakures secret attack within the Land of Rice had left Nyoko with one dead sibling already. Though no one was officially caught, many higher-ups in the government knew of the attacks origins. He only caught wind of it after coming into power.

Just as luck would have it, Omoi now stood before him once again after so many years. "Mingling with the enemy. One mistake I will never make again." Taking a moment his eyes scanned over the cell walls. "Enough about me, rumor has it you've joined the mighty BOLT task force, have you not?!"
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:55 am

Sapphire eyes sharpened abruptly.

"First, I fight to protect those I care for. My only enemies are the ones who threaten those dear to my heart. It's true that on any mission that may apply to anyone who raises a kunai against Kumo.... But I don't always agree with the higher-ups, anyway." The last sentence was stated far more quietly than her normal level, sapphire eyes growing clouded as she withdrew into herself for several long moments, until she remembered the other thing that had caught her attention. "And how exactly did you learn about my place in BOLT?" Identities of BOLT Operatives were kept top secret, aside from those occassions of higher-ranking officers that were more in the open; when Tsuuki-sama had been Commander of BOLT, that had been well-known, for example....

The man with her was an exception, considering he himself was one of the older members of BOLT, recently retired. But... one never really stopped being a BOLT Op. It became a part of you after a while....

If her position as an Operative was known by Nyoko-san, who else knew? And how many Operatives' identities had been discovered? This... this was a threat to her comrades, and herself, if those who knew dared to make a move against them. And with Nyoko-san's loyalties... it was likely the higher-ups of Oto that knew. And that didn't bode well, considering past history, despite the time when Kumo and Oto were once allies of a sort....

A soft sigh escaped Omoi's lips.

All this political intrigue and grabs for power and such... life would be so much simpler if everyone could get along.
Raika

PostPosted by Brera » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:44 am

Did she honestly believe such information couldn't be unearthed?

"We all have our secrets now don't we." a bright smile stayed fixed upon his face as he spoke "Fret not, such intel has a way of staying secret until necessary." He spoke the truth. The intel he'd brought from the Missing-Nin proved to be useful.

"On a lighter note. How's the weather been on the outside world? As I'm sure you know, I've been... stuck... for quite sometime. It sure would be nice to get a breath of fresh air. If possible..." Setting eyes upon Omoi's.

It was a simple request. Being sealed within this cage did a number on his psyche. The simple feeling of fresh air filling his lungs would be enough. In reality it was a far-fetched proposal.

[short sorry. Ran out of time]
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Those sapphire eyes stared at him in silence, ever watchful.

Staying secret until necessary, huh?

She'd disassemble anyone who dared threaten her comrades.

A breath of fresh air....

Her eyes half-closed as she watched Nyoko-san, silently pondering.

She had the authority, as a jounin BOLT Op and mednin, not to mention her various connections. If anyone questioned it and it went without a hitch, she could say it was for medical reasons.

If it went off without a hitch.

"As long as you both behave and consent to any bindings while you're out of your cell."
Raika

Next

Return to Takama-ga-hara