An Old Bond (Akane only)

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

An Old Bond (Akane only)

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 am

Raika paced back and forth, back and forth, long white doctor's cloak flowing with her movements to show the skin-tight black mednin suit she wore on a regular basis.

Stress.

Too many worries.

Too few supports.

Her friends kept leaving, one by one, vanishing or dying or moving on to a new life. Kumo... didn't seem to want its heroes as much as it once had.

Raika had to remain, though; she couldn't slip away into those old routines of going wherever her whims took her. Too much to look after here. And Fei... he'd left Kumo to her, and the others. She couldn't just leave.

The medical research team assigned to Fei's case had yet to find a solution.

And, of course, there were still the matters of AWWNB and where they might attack next....

That issue was a blade that threatened to shred her home if it was allowed to have its way.

The main military forces now were samurai, and shinobi were being forced more into their traditional home of the shadows.

It sharpened the blade that was the shinobi forces, perhaps.

But... the spirit might be harmed.

Kumo needed Fei, but Fei couldn't come rescue them now.

Raika collapsed into her deskchair, rubbing her temples with a slow exhale. She needed a vacation.

A knock on her office door.

"Someone to see you, Raika-sama."

A single blink turned her eyes pupiless blue, and suddenly a bright smile graced her lips, another blink deactivating the doujutsu before she regained her composure, straightening in her chair.

"Come in."
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: An Old Bond (Akane only)

PostPosted by Kobayashi_Akane » Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 pm

The cloak - tattered, dark - whipped about at his back, pulled by temperamental winds. It'd been years since he last saw Kumo, the sky familiarly overcast. It was as if the world above was ever brooding in this place, trying to remember brighter days, but never letting in the light.

It reminded him of himself.

Ever since their victory at Seven Cities, he'd not been left with much to do. Dai had taken to roaming the Westlands on aimless crusades, which would help with smaller issues, and knowing Dai, inevitably large ones. But Akane needed direction. He needed a clear cause, more so than what Dai had to offer.

Besides, Dai didn't need someone like him at his side anymore.

So Akane had left Suna after things had stabilized. Though he doubted he'd be offered any kind of political position, he preferred to stay as far away from the chance of it as he could. That kind of thing never did suit him. He'd decided, instead, to find another cause to take up, another fight to make his own. He had no choice really.

He had no cause of his own. No grand battle to call his. Was he just seeking justification for some watered-down dreams of glory? Or maybe he was just trying to put right what he could in the world, before he no longer had the strength to do so. The strength to match the fists of the world, blow for blow.

He honestly wasn't sure, but he was getting tired of mucking around in his own head. He needed to actually do something.

Kumo was his first choice, not for any reason, just a feeling. Well, and wanting to visit someone. Someone he hadn't seen in just as long as the ground below his feet.

He was beckoned inside the office, pushing the door open. He laid eyes on a woman he hadn't seen in 3 years. The doctor's cloak suited her, an honest representation of who she was and the ambitions she strode for. The med-nin suit looked good too, brought her hair out. The silver locks dangled messily about her face, partially hiding away the soft brown of her eyes.

Her tired, tired eyes.

Akane stepped fully in to the room. "It's been a long time, Raika. Too long."

Kobayashi_Akane
Master of Chaos

PostPosted by Raika » Fri May 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Her eyes lit up with her old light as her old friend greeted her, and she rose smoothly and walked around her desk and to Akane, wrapping her arms around him in a hug as she grinned.

"No kidding."

She felt steadied, in the way only those she truly trusted could do with their presence. It was nice to have someone like that around again.

With an affectionate ruffling of the man's red hair, she released him and lead him over to her desk, patting a chair obviously intended for visitors before she sat back in her desk chair, glancing over her paperwork with renewed speed and filling out a few more forms and stamping a few approvals or rejections before she filed the last few forms into the "out" pile.

Now that that was done, she could relax a bit, brushing silver bangs out of her eyes before she looked back at Akane to meet his gaze, resting an elbow on her desk and propping up her chin with her palm with a smile.

"How've you been, Akane?"

He looked a bit like he had gone through hell and back. And from what she had heard, he likely had. Perhaps... she could convince him to stay, if he didn't already have another cause to serve. At least for a few days. She needed a friend around to keep her from getting too stressed, and he looked like he could use at least a brief rest....
Raika

PostPosted by Kobayashi_Akane » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Raika had brightened up a bit, but Akane could still see all the layers of exhaustion underneath the strong front she put up.

He could feel those layers in her embrace too. He could only imagine what she felt from him.

She quickly sat back down and dealt with the last of her paperwork. Sometimes he was amazed with how he managed to get out of that side of the shinobi world. He couldn't figure how anyone put up with it either.

"Me? I've been... here and there, I guess."

He casually strolled over to a window, looking out at the village below him. People rushing in every direction in some places, lazing about in others. Completely unaware of the world beyond their daily interactions. Unaware of the people putting their lives on the line to preserve and create that peace.

Blissful ignorance, as it were.

"Nothing special really. Helped an uprising in Suna. Crushed the former government. Established an entirely new form of government in its place."

He turned to face Raika, leaning back against the window. "And now I'm here. As for why I'm here, well..." He trailed off, pondering.

His eyes snapped back to Raika. "Speaking of governments - What ever happened with that worthless council of yours?"

Kobayashi_Akane
Master of Chaos

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:47 pm

His question about the council actually made her laugh.

"Saint Ahiru, our steward, keeps them in check the majority of the time. It's... actually pretty funny watching them get outmaneuvered in their discussions by a duck."

Raika grinned. "Saint Ahiru is an... ambassador of sorts from the Falcon clan, to take over the responsibilities of Raikage until someone steps up and fills the seat. He's really quite a pleasure to talk to, sort of a... grandfather-like figure, I suppose."

Her expression altered after a moment and she sighed, tired again. "Saint Ahiru is a bit of blessing, since I don't have to focus on the Council as much.... Those terrorists I told you about before are still around causing trouble, and...."

She quieted for a long moment, her sad exhaustion coming into plain view as she leaned back in her chair.

"It feels like everyone I grew up with here in Kumo, everyone I can truly trust and open up to here... I keep losing them, whether it's death or simply leaving Kumo. I rarely leave the village now, I can't leave everyone to whatever disaster happens next. Healers... seem to have a bit more weight on their shoulders when it comes to the thought of leaving behind the people who depend on them."

Raika gazed up at the ceiling.

"Fei... he's still alive, you know. I can see his chakra lingering when I use my doujutsu. I've had a group in medical research working on finding ways to reverse the petrification, but they've not been making any headway...."

She laughed, a tired, hollow sound.

"You've seen me when I've broken... but everyone here in Kumo sees me as a pillar of strength. The only time I've visibly broken was when Fei died, and I don't want Kumo to see me like that again.... I don't want to worry Omoi again, she has more than enough to worry about already."

For a long moment, she was silent... and then she slowly stood, brown eyes turning back to Akane as she smiled apologetically.

"It seems like, lately, every time we meet I'm always getting something off my chest.... Sorry. How about lunch? My treat."
Raika

Return to Takama-ga-hara