KMD | MITs[G3] | The Teaching Begins! (private)

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Re: KMD | MITs[G3] | The Teaching Begins! (private)

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:06 pm

'Finally, we get to do something!'

As that thought passed through her head, Maya grab what few items she brought with her and began the climb, following along as the last member in the train. They paused a few times for things, she wasn't really paying attention since they didn't seem all that important. It wasn't long until they got to the roof though, bringing Maya back to them. Their sensei stops in the middle of the roof, and seemed to be biting her thumb. Maya frowned at this, feeling that she was about to become very uncomfortable.

A moment later smoke appeared out of nowhere roof, as it bellowed outwards Maya was already back by the door, shifting a few things around on her person. Who knows? This sensei could be insane. Suddenly, wind appeared out of nowhere, forcing Maya to cover her eyes. When she dropped her hand there was a giant...lizard thing...on the roof. Then it talked. What's more, their sensei wanted them to ride it. Whatever it was.

'Yep, she's insane. Completely nuts.'

"Yea, about riding the giant lizard...I'm going to have to pass. Keeping my feet firmly planted on the ground like a sane person, yep. So if you'll just excuse me..." Maya was slowly twisting the handle of the door behind her as she spoke, getting ready to throw it open and make a run for it.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Momona and Saori had made it onto Seira's back safely, but Maya....

"Yea, about riding the giant lizard...I'm going to have to pass. Keeping my feet firmly planted on the ground like a sane person, yep. So if you'll just excuse me..."

Seira snorted softly in amusement as Raika released a long, slow sigh.

"If you want to walk to the Eastern Plains, then fine. If you're not there within two hours, feel free to just go home, and you can come back tomorrow to fight me solo."

Two hours was a generous amount of time, all considered. And Raika really wasn't willing to postpone the class for any longer than that.

The sennin drew a long, slow breath.

"Now then, unless you want to say anything, Maya, we should all start heading to our destination."
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:13 am

Momona effortlessly assisted Saori up onto the dragon's back, readying to assist Maya next but spotting at once the unease. She gave her protest, edging for the door, and a competitive grin came over the Koumori's face. The student hadn't given up much information on herself in the classroom, but first few steps into the field and at once she started to show her interesting colors. Momona cocked her wide help and rested a hand on it.

"Wassamatta? There's nothing to be afraid of in flying. It's not like the ground is your friend--if you fall, that's what'll kill you!" Momona chuckled boastfully. "Now stop foolin' around and come on! I don't want my first impression of you to be a coward, do you?" Her words were teasing, but her smile was warm and gentle.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Fang » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 pm

The hair on the back of Saori's neck were on edge from being on the back of another creature of the sky. The faster they left the faster she could get off it. It seemed like they were going at a fair speed until the third girl, Maya, spoke out.

"Yea, about riding the giant lizard...I'm going to have to pass. Keeping my feet firmly planted on the ground like a sane person, yep. So if you'll just excuse me..."

If she wasn't resolute to do what she wasn't comfortable with, then why was she wasting their time? The thought piqued her suspicion on the girl, but she couldn't think straight. Saori tried desperatley to think of other things, but her agitation of being on the beast's back Saori was about to make a statement of leaving the girl behind, when their instructor beat her to the punch.

If you want to walk to the Eastern Plains, then fine. If you're not there within two hours, feel free to just go home, and you can come back tomorrow to fight me solo...Now then, unless you want to say anything, Maya, we should all start heading to our destination."

Walking there seemed harsh, though the thought of it was becoming more tempting by the minute.That is of course until she realized that after all that traveling, she would probably be too tired to do anything afterwards. Saori took a deep breath in and forced herself to relax, she would get through it, She would get stronger, she would evolve.

"Wassamatta? There's nothing to be afraid of in flying. It's not like the ground is your friend--if you fall, that's what'll kill you!" Momona chuckled boastfully. "Now stop foolin' around and come on! I don't want my first impression of you to be a coward, do you?" Saori turned to see the girl, and gave her an uneasy smile. "It's not too bad once you get used to it." she tried to shrug but almost lost balance, so she pitched forward and threw her hands around the beast and shut her eyes.

Reassurance attempt failed.
Fang

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:34 pm

"I'll see you there. Although you should consider running yourself, kinda getting a little flabby there sensei." With a mocking salute, Maya had the door open and was down a floor, moving quickly. It only took her a few minutes to get back outside. She glances up, seeing the lizard just drift out of view.

'Two hours, eh? I don't even need one.'

Maya does a quick stretch, then pulls out a rather worn ribbon and ties her still rather messy hair up with it. A moment later she was off, sprinting through the outskirts of Kumo and disappearing rather quickly into the trees.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Raika's eyes widened slightly at Maya's comment and sudden departure... before the woman laughed, suddenly grinning again.

Maya walked to her own beat, it seemed.

"Alright, Momona, Saori, hang on tight. Seira, nice and easy."

The golden dragon nodded and walked to the edge of the roof, muscles coiling and wings spreading before she leapt into open air, rising on currents of wind into the familiar overcast skies, the entirety of Kumo below them... and then, at a light pat from her summoner, even higher, above the clouds themselves into bright sunlight and endless blue skies, a sea of grey clouds below them.

"Saori... welcome to the skies. And Momona... welcome back."

Raika Hofushi, Silver Dragon of Kumo, stood tall and proud and fierce in the open freedom of the sky, relaxed and at ease as she gazed into the winds before grinning at her students.

Raika had never found anything comparable to the simple feeling of flight, and she made it a point to share it with everyone she brought under her wing.... Perhaps, someday, she'd be able to share it with Maya, as well.
Raika

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Momona lifted an eyebrow at Maya's response, though this gesture was probably unseen beneath her veil of hair. If their sensei was looking "a little flabby," that put Momona at obesity levels. "I look forward to seeing you there," she replied softly, genuinely. Her black eyes watched what could be seen through her strands of white hair until Maya disappeared through the doorway, an impressed smirk on her face as she rose and stepped back to the dragon's center. "Wow, zero f*cks given, nǐ ne?" Momona chuckled to her sensei, squatting for balance as the dragon lurched forward and off the roof.

There was only that thrilling split second of weightlessness before the powerful beast caught the upwind and rose into the sky, Raika extending her salutations to the two students. It had been nearly a year since Momona had been off the ground, not since just before her father's departure, but growing up with the Flight master would never make the sky seem foreign to her. She cautiously rose to a standing position, just as Raika was, while the dragon beat her wings even higher. The wind swept along the scaly hide and tore at Momona, peeling away layers of discomfort and bitterness--airborne therapy.

Childhood rambunctiousness tingled at her fingertips, it had been too long since she felt a presence this familiar. She was standing confidently now, smiling into the wind and shifting her weight around to expand her comfortability. There was no reservations left now, and reaching into a pouch she began unspooling a length of thin Koumori steel cable used for her techniques in both combat and cooking. She formed an anchor with some forks and the cable and wedged it into the back scales of the dragon. "Seira-sama! You're going to feel a bit of tail-drag, heads up!" she shouted over the passing winds, and without a moment longer took a spring to the back of their ride, running along the strong tail until it thinned beyond support, at which point she leapt off and into the sky.

A few seconds of free fall as she turned herself in mid-air, throwing a latch on her cable with one hand so that the wire would stop feeding. With her other hand, she reached to her pack and slipped out a large wok, placing her feet into it and straightening her legs. The wok caught the draft and the wire went tight, effectively pulling Momona through the air behind the dragon. She laughed, feeling better than the surprised chuckle from earlier. Maybe she wasn't miserable after all, just deprived of joys forgotten.

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Fang » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:12 am

Saori watched as the Maya took off. She was starting to second guess her decision to not just go by foot. Before she could open her mouth to voice these feelings, the dragon had begun to take off. Moments later, she felt her stomach drop as the were soaring through the sky. It felt like her heart was in her throat, she couldn't breath. She held onto the dragon for sheer life. Soari had an issue. She was afraid of heights.

It was unheard of for a Hageshiikaze to be afraid of flying, due to their avian-like wings, but Saori had been afraid of the sky for as long as she could remember. It might be because her wings wouldn't catch updrafts no matter what she did, but she always had a nagging feeling at the back of her head telling her that it was something that she couldn't quite recall. Her mother said that it would go away with time, but 16 years of her life had already passed and still nothing had changed. She had practically given up on the matter all together.

She suddenly heard movement behind her before the dragon suddenly surged up before suddenly slowing down a bit. Saori turned to see Momona sailing behind them. A shiver shot up Saori's spine, as she shook her head and held on even tighter. Today had suddenly seemed a lot longer.
Fang

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Raika laughed gently at Momona's sudden joy before the sennin moved to Saori, placing a comforting hand on the girl's back.

"No matter how high you are, you are safe as long as I am here to catch you."

A gentle reassurance, and Raika sat down beside the young Hageshiikaze, brown eyes focused on the young Koumori wind-surfing through the skies behind Seira.

And soon, the green, lush grass and rolling hills of the plain were below them, and Raika stood, making her way over to the anchor Momona had formed and stuck into Seira's scales.

"Oi, Momona! I'm pulling you back now, we're landing shortly!" the sennin called over the winds, taking a firm grasp of the wire and wrapping it around her gloved hand a few times before unhooking the anchor and slowly pulling the wind-riding girl back to Seira's back, watching with a soft chuckle as she performed a few last minute stunts in the wind before the last few feet of wire were pulled in and Raika was grasping the genin's hand, pulling her to safety with a grin. "Have fun?"

Raika unwrapped the wire from her hand and returned it and the makeshift anchor to the girl before gently placing a hand on Saori's shoulder just as Seira was gliding down for a landing....

And then they were on the ground, and Raika leapt onto the soft, tall grass, helping her students down if they needed it before brown eyes turned pupiless blue, her gaze sweeping around to search out Maya's arrival.
Raika

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Momona practiced a few of her old tricks before Raika effortlessly took the anchor in her hand, not at all affected by the Koumori's weight and drag behind the beast, and just as easily reeling her in. Momona was impressed, but also disappointed that her fun was being cut short due to arrival. She could sailed along like that for hours.

When she was reeled in all the way, Raika gave her a hand to help her dismount her wok, asking if she had fun. Momona bit her lip, knowing she did but too aware of her urge to have more of that addicting thrill. She glanced over the flank of the dragon, seeing their swift descent along the ground. The white-haired Koumori smirked dangerously, and without a word to Raika dashing back along Seira's tail again. At the point she jumped off last time, she instead let herself lurch off to one side and caught the tail with her free hand, swinging herself underneath the tail and placing the wok underneath her feet again, all this at just 20 or less feet above the ground. Momona went soaring off to one side, arms out as she bent her knees and guided her wok down onto the ground, skipping along the grass for a few yards until at last grinding to a halt. The girl gave a spirited yelp of excited triumph and replaced the wok onto her pack, jogging ahead to where the others had landed.

"Now that was fun," Momona panted happily to Raika, at last taking her spooled wire and improvised anchor from her sensei and stashing it again. She went to Saori next, noticing from before that the girl looked absolutely terrified earlier.

"Not so bad, eh? At least this dragon doesn't fly drunk like my Pops," she chuckled to the girl, her disposition noticeably lighter than it was when she was in the classroom. Upon mentioning her dad, and once again on the ground, Momona's personality rapidly became cloudy again. She sighed, her breath and composure regained, and she turned her attention towards the village's direction, ears searching for Maya as Raika's eyes were. She plucked soft-pack of cigarettes from her apron and light a smoke with the typical Fire chakra from the thumb.

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Fang » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Her heart raced just as they landed, while she squeezed as hard as her thin arms could. She closed her eyes and tried to think of anything other then where she was right now and what was happening. She swore to herself that she would never fly again, and that she got back she would buy those shoes that she had been mulling about buying. Life was too short.

When the dragon finally came to a stop, she felt like she could breath again. But those feelings didn't last long because came the second part of her fear. After she finally stopped flying, she would have an unexplained anxiety attack. Having this happen time after time eventually led to her giving up on flying.

Saori got off the dragon with a puce green color to her face. She pressed the palm against her mouth as she leaned against the dragon. Her mind was full of images of her falling straight down into the ground, intensifying her sick feeling almost tenfold. She was dizzy to the point that she was nauseated and her ears were ringing, it would take more words then there was in the world to have any effect on her at that point. She put her hands on her side and stared up at the sky until the spell went away.

She waited for what would happen next.
Fang

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:39 pm

About a half an hour after they had landed in the clearing, Maya appears at the edge, pausing for a second to scan the area, making sure her teacher didn't call for any other giant lizard things. She moves easily through the tall grass, moving within ear shot, but staying a decent amount away from the lizard. She doesn't seem to even be out of breath, even though she had to have ran the whole way there.

"Well, I'm here, now what? Unless one of you are tired, I can wait. I had a nice run after all." She crosses her arms. smirking right at their teacher, waiting for another insane statement, confident that she could get away should things go south now that they were in the mountains.

'Good thing I decided to get some surprises ready for that lizard. Who knows what this teacher will do?'
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Ah... maybe we should go back on foot, Raika thought as she noted Saori's coloration.... It made her wonder a bit what the girl would do when her wings grew out.

That made two students who wouldn't fly. Ah, well. Though... Maya mainly just seemed to have an issue with riding a dragon.

At least Maya taking her time allowed Saori time to recover.

And Raika time to think, brown eyes gazing up at the sky.

Maya would probably refuse to fight.

...but would there ever be a shinobi, mednin or not, who could evade the fires of battle?

Becoming a mednin had never taken away normal shinobi responsibilities....

A gentle push from behind sent Raika a step forward, the sennin smoothly spinning to face the large golden head of her summon, amethyst eyes staring at the woman.

The kunoichi smiled tiredly, gently hugging the dragoness around the muzzle.

I really wonder at times... will our spirit stand the test of time? Will what drew me to Kumo in the first place someday die out?

The only Kumo nin from the old days that wasn't petrified, dead, or outside of Kumo... was her, now.

...she needed to go visit Supaiku and Tsuuki soon, before she got too depressed....

When Maya finally arrived, Raika was standing atop a low hill, brown eyes on the sky and hands feeling the grass swaying in the breeze.

At the girl's comment, brown eyes turned to her, studying the smirk in quiet calm before the sennin's gaze swept across her students.

"Now... divide up. If you want to focus on being a combat medic, stand before me now. If you want to work only in the Hospital, find a place to sit down that's out of the way."
Raika

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Momona's ears were stiff and on a swivel, scooping up soundwaves and adjusting to their surroundings with their enhanced sensitivity. If Maya was near, Momona's ears had gotten as much out of practice as she feared. However she could hear the clamor of the woodland life, not yet hushed by the approach of a foreign visitor, and so Momona assumed their lead on Maya was quite significant. She continued to smoke her cigarette and facing the village, hair over her closed eyes as she cocked her hip and rested a strong hand on her side, listening to the breeze and smelling the fresh air, accustomed to her own smoke. Her Koumori heritage was stirring, settling her spirit with aromatherapy. When the cherry reached the filter she promptly put it out on the toughened sole of her barefoot, then tucked the butt into a pocket as she reached to her back and brought her sizable pack forward. With familiar precision she began to fold and extend portions of it, opening it up at its center and forming a metallic rack and kneeling before it. She dropped a few cubes of slow-burning wax mixed with a flammable compound, and as with her cigarette lit it with a flame from her thumb, the cubes creating a powerful but low flame. This was about the extent of her Fire techniques; her sister was always the one better at the mental/spiritual techniques, but Momona was noticing herself improving and doubted Koromi had gotten any stronger physically.

With a quick wipedown of the wok she had used to air-surf on, she mounted the pan over the flame and popped open the compartments she had folded out. Fresh ingredients, powdered ingredients, and bases were portioned in little sizes, and without needing to watch her hands Momona swiftly snatched these up and began to scatter them precisely, a calculated flurry of movements. Her hand yanked out a slab, and with her other hand tossed over a few vegetables. The left hand caught it, placing them precisely while the right hand snatched a knife from Momona's side and tossed it over like a vegetable. The left caught and began to dice, skillfully plucking out the inedible parts and tossing them into the grass, while the right doused some oil into the pan and stirred it. Left finished with chopping and tossed the knife twirling upward, grabbing the board and dumping the veggies into the pan with a furious hiss; the board was replaced, and a cutlet of pork slammed onto it. Right helped Momona drink from a bottle of clear liquid, then poured it into the veggies and created a blue burst of flame, and left was turning the pork into squares. Right went grabbed this, left took care of that--all the while Momona's face stayed stationary and calm, her hands soaring around her while utensils juggled above her.

In a few minutes, Momona removed the wok with a heap of sizzling stir-fry in it, plucking at it with her personal pair of extra-long chopsticks and sampling it. Not her best, but not bad for her campfire stove. She strolled over to Saori first, on her back and looking up to the sky, and though Momona could smell the sick in the air she offered a bite or two to soothe her stomach anyway. Then, Momona paced over to their sensei, ponderously standing on a low hill and gazing outward. She approached quietly, not trying to sneak up but not wanting to disturb what she could sense were deep thoughts. It lured Momona back into her own; Raika had known and was the last of the sannin that once included her own father. Was Raika thinking of him, perhaps?

The Koumori teen didn't want to think about it further, and so didn't want to think of Raika doing the same. She stepped to her new master's side and cleared her throat to announce herself, extending the wok and her chopsticks. "Hungry, sensei?"

That would be the extent of their words then, and whatever Raika did Momona would stroll off eventually, finishing off her cooked meal and cleaning up her space, just resting herself under a tree for another cigarette when finally she heard the hush that announced Maya's eventual entrance. By the time Maya was there, Momona was already standing, eager for their lesson to finally begin. At Maya's taunt, Momona scraped her feet and smirked her fangs, cracking her knuckles to accent her readiness.

Their sensei came down from the hill and prompted the divide, and with a confident but short laugh Momona effortlessly replaced her large pack and stepped up to Raika proudly, casting a veiled eye over to her peers. "Don't feel bad if ya need to sit this out," Momona teased. "Hospital work is vital; but the injuries happen on the battlefield, and that's where I'll be."

~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Fang » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 am

Minutes seemed to slowly pass by before Maya had finally come into view. Saori almost instantly regretted not just walking there. Her head had finally cleared and he stomach had settled and she was feeling better over all.

Looking over, Momo-chan was beginning to pick up her cooking gear and their instructor had finally broken out of her melancholic reverie. Maya seemed to worse for wear either as she made her way to them
"Well, I'm here, now what? Unless one of you are tired, I can wait. I had a nice run after all." She crosses her arms. smirking right at their teacher. Saori just shook her head with a small smile on her face.

"Now... divide up. If you want to focus on being a combat medic, stand before me now. If you want to work only in the Hospital, find a place to sit down that's out of the way." Raika-sama said,

Momo-chan spoke up and stood up made her way in front of their teacher. As she spoke Saori, pulled her cloak out of her bad and threw it around her shoulders and fastened it down after she had unzipped the back of her shirt a little. . The cloak was a wash of blues and reds on the outside with hints of having a grey interior. If one was looking at the girl they would probably see the the glint steel inside the cloak "I came here to become a Med-nin. I am not backing down here." She as she stepped forward as well.
Fang

Previous

Return to Takama-ga-hara