No Strings Attached | [Raika]

[Westlands | Coast | Greater Wind Country]
From the eastern desert plains, to the infamous Westlands and the southern coast with its neighboring islands, the Wind Country covers an array of changing landscapes and other settlements. The people who live there are as diverse and powerful as the lands they live on.

No Strings Attached | [Raika]

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu May 31, 2012 10:08 pm

"I haven't seen anyone of the sort come through here." The young lady squinted her eyes as she examined a well-drawn sketch of a rough faced man with a fiery beard.

Ayatsuri frowned, looking at the sketch in his hand just to make sure had the right one out. He suspected this man had close ties to a criminal leader commonly known as the blue suited man. It seemed to be a trend with Wind Country mafia bosses, wearing special varieties of suits.

"Don't lie to me, Miss." He raised his eyebrow, keeping the picture steady as he locked eyes with the shop keeper.

She paused, not sure how to react. "Uh... I really am telling you the truth." Safe behind her counter, the lady began to gently feel around for some for the gun she kept stored nearby, in case of an emergency. A pushy shinobi was reason enough to have to use it. These were not days to trust strangers.

In reality, the woman was innocent. Ayatsuri was terrible at reading people.

The puppeteer pointed a stern finger at the woman. "Listen, finding this man could help protect hundreds of lives! I am sworn by Suna to uncover this criminal, and I will stop at nothing to--!"

Bang!

Steam pouring from the barrel of her gun, the young woman shakily attempted to follow Ayatsuri as he bolted from the shop. "Get the hell out of my shop you maniac!" Clearly this wasn't the best method.

Luckily she withheld a second shot, or else a lot more attention would have been drawn to a fleeing Ayatsuri. This town, the village hidden in coral, sat along the Wind Country coast. It had a beautiful view, and the sweet ocean air filled ones lungs with every breath. Unfortunately, it harbored a lot of criminal activity. A single gun shot didn't spark much attention.

"Okay," Ayatsuri slowed to a stop, pressing a hand against a brick building. "Maybe she really didn't know anything." Sighing, it seemed like Ayatsuri was back to re-analyzing clues and potential suspects to find this man.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: No Strings Attached | [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:56 pm

People didn't come up to her as often anymore, unless they were interested in her bounty... which somehow had a habit of increasing every time she did what was natural: hang out with her sensei, beat up guys after her for her bounty, beat up the more trashy guys who were being stupid, run away from or fight policemen who tried to arrest her....

The twelve-year-old redhead was slipping through the streets in a white cloak, her hood fallen down in her flight from this particular group of trash; she wasn't quite skilled enough to deal with pedophilic guys in suits with guns yet. Mainly the gun part.

The butt of her polearm hit the ground and she was vaulting over a high fence, pulling her trusty weapon with her as she hit the ground in a roll, green eyes flashing as she returned to her feet and resumed her sprint, dodging around a corner just in time as a bullet passed through her hair--and very nearly bowling into a man running out of a shop, last-minute reflexes spinning her gracefully around him before she continued on her sprint, just in time for a couple of her pursuers to turn the corner.

Never a dull day in the life of a wandering shinobi, it seemed.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:14 pm

"Damn it." Ayatsuri chewed his thumb, looking around the streets of the Hidden Coral Village as if he was going to spot the blue suited mafia boss out in public like this. It's not like he had any other leads at the moment. Standing around was a good a move as any.

With a reaction time one would expect from a chuunin, Ayatsuri took a step back from the white cloaked red head that nearly collided with him. Had she not looked so young Ayatsuri may have suspected she was trying to attack him.

Silently standing by, Ayatsuri's eyes flicked to the several men with guns and suits seemingly chasing after the young girl. They didn't seem to be interested in Ayatsuri, so he took a step back so as to not get in their way.

In Ayatsuri's eyes, especially in this criminal laden town, there was no good reason to gun down a girl who hadn't even reached her teenage years.

His fingers became active, twitching and writhing as chakra strings launched toward the three passing men. Not a master of puppeteering yet, Ayatsuri still had much skill in the art. Enough so to bring a few non-shinobi to the ground.

"Hey!" One of the suited men found their legs unable to move and their face hit the dirt. The other two men found themselves in similar situations.

One of the suited thugs turned their heads to Ayatsuri as they struggled to free themselves from the invisible strings. "Are you doing this?!" It was now Ayatsuri realized he should probably step away from the situation. He wouldn't kill the thugs if he could help it, but they had guns and were certainly a serious threat.

The jig was up, so Ayatsuri rose his hands as his fingers moved faster, freeing the men from the chakra strings-- but not before plucking the guns from their persons. "What a marvel, these things." One gun fell to the ground, cracking against the pavement, while the other two guns found their way into Ayatsuri's hands. "All right." He pointed them in the general direction of the fallen thugs. "Get out of here. But first... what do you know about a blue suited man with a burning orange beard? Probably a boss of yours. You guys have very boring dull color suits... you don't look like anyone important." For some reason this "organization" had their leaders wearing bold colored suits.

"We don't owe you anything, brat!" Barked one of the men getting up from the sandy streets. The trio of men ran off. Had Ayatsuri been a bit more aggravated, he may have pulled the trigger on one of his guns.

A heavy sigh was followed by the sudden drop of Ayatsuri's arms, letting his two new found guns dangle by his side. "Damn it. That was a perfect opportunity." Something in the back of his mind stopped him from pursing the men. His detective-like attitude and general curiosity was overwhelming. Ayatsuri found himself heading in the direction where the redheaded girl had fled. What did those criminals want with a young girl? Maybe she knew something she wasn't supposed to about the bandit organization.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Akai glanced back when she heard bodies hitting the ground and grunts and curses, spotting the guy she'd dodged around looking at the suited guys who were now on the ground and struggling to get up.

The girl took the chance to put as much distance between herself and her pursuers as she could before slipping into the crowded streets to better blend in, throwing her hood back up to hide her crimson hair.

She wandered through the village, taking in the sights, paying for a small, hot meal... and as she walked, her spine was prickling, somebody watching her, following her.

With her luck, it was probably those suited guys again, or some bounty hunter....

Akai sighed softly, finally slipping into an alleyway and going at a steady pace until she reached a dead end... before she whipped around to face--

...none other than the guy from earlier.

"...need something?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:59 pm

This girl was hard to follow. It took Ayatsuri, an amazing detective (or so he thought), a solid minute to get back on this girl's track! Fortunately, he caught wind of the fast paced girl and carefully followed her. He wasn't about lose sight of her. The puppeteer would chase her through the coral village to catch her.

The two guns he once held were tucked into his belt, his tan overcloak covering them as best they could, the butts of the guns sticking out whenever the young man made any quick movements.

Stopping a few feet behind the girl, she spun around. Meeting a stranger in an alleyway wasn't the best way to get acquainted, but it would have to do.

"Hello, miss." Ayatsuri smiled, keeping his usual sporadic self under control. He needed his strong, casual, detective attitude. "Those men chasing you, well, they're running the other way now. It looked like you had the situation under control, but I helped regardless." The young man twiddled his fingers, tapping them along his thighs. A nervous tick he had.

"Either way, I'm not here to harm you. I was hoping you would share some information on the men chasing you. I presume you knew them? The suited men have a leader of some sort. A man or women wearing a bright colored suit..." Ayatsuri fumbled through his cloak, the guns in his belt showing themselves to the young girl. "Have you seen him?" He showed a rough sketch of a man with a fiery red beard and a bright blue suit. "Or if you had any information on any of the suited men chasing you... I would really appreciate it."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Okay, so... he didn't seem like he was after her because of her bounty.... Apparently he was after the guys who were chasing her?

Huh.

Cautious green eyes caught sight of the guns beneath his cloak and her knees bent slightly as she sank her center of weight a bit, ready for movement if he tried to intimidate her--

"AH!"

She was pointing at the sketch, her eyes revealing clear recognition.

"The pedophile!"

It was only after she had spoken these words that she realized her loud volume, suddenly covering her mouth with both hands as heads turned at the entrance of the alleyway, the cloaked girl staying still until they lost interest and moved on.

Akai's hands dropped to her sides and she sighed in relief. She kept accidentally attracting attention to herself....
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm

A smile lit Ayatsuri's face. This girl-- she had a look in her eyes. A look of recognition. She knew the blue suited man. Perhaps now it would only be a matter of time!

"What?" Ayatsuri's jaw dropped as she screamed out a profanity. He quickly glanced around, afraid that people would get the wrong idea. Was this girl crazy?

"No, look, I don't care what you think this man is..." This girl was twelve-years-old. Her parents probably taught her that every single older man was some sort of pervert. "...but do you know anything about him? He's an evil man, part of a very large criminal organization that's been the cause for a lot of the strife in the Wind Country these last few years."

Waving the sketch a bit, Ayatsuri kept it out to the girl, making sure she got a good look at him. "Those men were after you. The way they were dressed, the weaponry they had... they were after you with a purpose. What did you do to them?" Of course, the puppeteer had no idea about this girl's bounty. For all he knew, she pick pocketed them for some loose change.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Akai facepalmed.

This guy wasn't listening....

"Evil, taste for young girls.... I'm telling you, the guy's a pedophile. He came to me offering candy, asking me to come home with him, said he and I could have a lot of fun together.... His lackies were just laughing, one even approved of his taste. I kicked him in the balls, he went down cursing, they surrounded me, I got out of there before they could grab me. The result was what you saw."

Her hand lowered, ended up on her hip, emerald eyes calm.

It wasn't the best way for her to have escaped, and Ryuhou-sensei probably wouldn't have approved, but... if she'd started showing her skills, and her face had been seen by the wrong people, she'd have been in a lot more trouble.

Especially since she didn't really like hurting people who were only doing their jobs... the law enforcement ones, anyway.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 pm

"Oh." Ayatsuri blinked, straightening out his back a bit. It definitely seemed like a sketchy situation. These bandits were dirty, evil, criminals. He wouldn't put it past them to gathering up younger women for their own... purposes. Regardless of their actual intent, the blue suited man was in town, and whatever he was doing here wasn't good. It didn't seem right for organization heads like himself to be walking around in public without a reason. This girl was most likely just in the wrong place at the wrong time. When the opportunity was there for anything, the fiery bearded man probably jumped at it.

The pseudo-detective slipped the sketch back into his cloak. "His lackeys were chasing you, you said? What about the blue suited man? I'm guessing you didn't see what happened to him." Give that the girl properly kicked him in his groin and darted off. "I'll have to backtrack to where you were before and see if I can catch any sort of hint to where he went."

Before walking off, Ayatsuri stopped and looked back to the girl, an eyebrow raised. "What are you doing out in the streets of such a dangerous village all by yourself, anyway? Surely you've seen the kind of company this place attracts. I've never seen a place with so many guns!" Though he wouldn't complain. The more guns he acquired from criminals the more knowledge he had to build contraptions for his puppets and weapons for himself!

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Akai crossed her arms, cocking her head to the side.

White cloak, weapon, what did he think she was doing in a place like this? He didn't really seem to pay much attention....

"I'm a wanderer, ended up here in my travels. Thought it'd be nice to stay in a city for a while, even one with as much crime as this."

And it's a good place to test out my skills, she thought to herself.

Though, it'd be interesting to help this guy arrest those suited guys.

"You know... it'd be faster if I just showed you where it happened," she suggested, emerald eyes focusing on the strange man.

Really, though... this would probably just lead to another increase in her bounty. Oh well.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 pm

So young. That was how the roughest of criminals were born. They grew up on the streets alone. No one to keep them sane, no one to keep them human. Obviously Ayatsuri wasn't going to say something like that to the girl, but something in his eyes said it. Pity for the girl nearly covered his face.

"Show me?" While the girl would be able to take him to the exact spot where her meeting with the blue suited man took place, it probably wouldn't do any good. He had certainly taken off by now. Although...

"Sure. Lead the way, then." The puppeteer stepped back, letting the young girl out of the narrow alleyway.

Why even bother, then? Well, Ayatsuri had a feeling about this girl. As a detective, he knew to trust his gut. And his gut was saying there was more to this young, young lady than he thought. Whether she knew more about the organization of suited criminals or not, he had something to gain here.

"I'll be right behind you."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 pm

...the pity in his eyes annoyed her a bit, but she had gotten used to people looking at her with pity. She was just twelve.

Oh well, he'd agreed to let her lead the way, so off they went.

Akai backtracked her path, weaving smoothly through the crowded streets and narrow alleyways, passing by stalls and stores and restaurants and hotels and shady-looking hideaways, turning this way and that, remembering her meanderings and flight paths....

The girl finally came to a stop in front of a casino with men in suits smoking in the front, jazz music coming from within, a haze-filled, light-ridden room visible through the open doors.

"He was hanging in front of this place when he--"

"It's that brat again!"

"Oi, that's the bastard that took our guns!"

"Get 'em!"

"Here we go again...."

Akai sighed as she and the detective-guy were surrounded by men in suits with guns, the girl already reaching behind her to grasp her polearm....
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 pm

The way this girl moved was incredible. She weaved through crowds of people like... some sort of professional thief. Despite being four years her elder Ayatsuri didn't have that find of fluidity. He was jealous and a bit suspicious.

"A casino." The chuunin came to a stop by his companion's side. "This makes a lot of sense." It was strange that the blue suited man had been outside in plain sight, but he had actually been directly in front of this casino. "I bet this place is owned by him. Or by his organization, anyway." Ayatsuri began to chew on his thumb.

Something that troubled him was why the gang was trying to lure the young girl inside. Were there other girls who had fallen for the same trap? Perhaps the suited men were capturing and selling off young women. If there was any place to do that kind of disgusting business of selling human beings, it would be in a casino.

"Damn it." Ayatsuri took a step back as the several men in front of the casino spotted and surrounded them, guns at the ready.

The girl was already reaching for a weapon. They had to make a decision, surrender or attack before the men had a chance to realize what was going on. If they waited too long, the men would be in total control of the situation.

Ayatsuri quickly shot his hand out, ripping a gun from one of the suited men. Holding the barrel of the gun Ayatsuri used it like a mace and swung it into the side of his face, the man fall to the ground unconscious. The detective then threw the damaged gun into another man. All the while, Ayatsuri's free hand had sewn chakra strings and wrapped them around the remaining suited men's guns. With a single tug, the guns flew from the grips of the men. Only one of the criminals managed to fire off a shot.

"Ow!" Ayatsuri held his right forearm, a trail of blood oozed down. Luckily it was only a graze.

"Get inside!" One of the men shouted at another man. "Get backup!" And like that, the suited man followed orders and began to run toward the casino.

The rest of the men pulled out additional weapons, small swords seemed to be the weapon of choice. "Oh no you don't!" Ayatsuri shouted, pulling out a gun from his waist, firing off a shot into the backside of the running man. He yelped and fell to the ground. Taking this opportunity, the rest of the men began to attack, Ayatsuri just barely avoiding the steel blades that nearly cut into his abdomen.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Akai whipped out her polearm in a circle, the quicker men jumping out of range while the slower received clean cuts in their stomachs. Emerald green eyes spotted her companion dancing away from the blades slashing at him, and the girl moved without hesitation, sweeping the blade of her polearm across the backs of the knees of the nearest suit-men, opening up a path for the onii-chan as she closed the gap with the other enemies, dancing and darting about, flipping and leaping and spinning and ducking out of the way of their blades, more often than not counterattacking each time she dodged.

A man grabbed her from behind, moved his blade towards her throat.

The butt of her polearm slammed into the man's toe, and she slipped out of his grasp as he howled and hopped on his good foot, a swift kick to his rear sending him sprawling.

Men closed in on her, and she leapt up out of their grasp, running on their heads before jumping back down and landing in a smooth roll, swiftly popping back up and facing the men with a fierce grin and a calm gaze....

Unfortunately, more men were pouring out of the casino, enemy and bystander alike taking notice of the commotion.

She didn't like it when a crowd of bystanders showed up to watch a brawl; to high a chance that an innocent would get hurt....

And yet again, Akai and the onii-chan were being surrounded.

Now how were they going to handle this?

A few steps backwards, and she found herself back-to-back with her companion.

"We could just get out of here and try again later, you know."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Ayatsuri deflected an incoming blade with the barrel of his gun, bringing up his knee into the gut of a suited man. He ducked and threw his shoulder into another man, knocking him back. Proving more useful to parry than shoot, Ayatsuri knocked away several swords as their respective owners attempted to pierce the puppeteer. Chakra strings from Ayatsuri's free hand clung to one of the criminals and then pulled him forward toward Ayatsuri. He reeled back his hand and threw it into the criminal's abdomen, he could feel the cracking of ribs.

Hopping back, Ayatsuri felt himself softly collide with the young girl. "No. We're so close!" he said, gun pointed forward as he reached into his cloak and pulled out a scroll. There was a puppet inside... and things were about to get much more serious. "We can take them, and then we'll get inside. You and me. Those criminals will be taught a lesson."

His brown eyes looked around, watching as more and more people began to surround the duo. Suited men were among them, wielding guns that were ready to fire. Innocent people could definitely be hurt here. But perhaps more importantly, the girl that had followed him into battle. It was useless now... too much attention had been garnered. Contemplating about getting into the casino was foolish. Ayatsuri was on too much of an adrenaline high. The thought of bringing in a big fish like the blue suited man excited him far too much.

"...Okay. Let's run." Ayatsuri put the scroll back into his cloak and proceed to break his gun over his knee. Black powder showered down from the shattered weapon, Ayatsuri grabbing a handful of it and charging it with his chakra. "Hold your breath!" Ayatsuri grabbed the girl's hand with his free one, his other hand was filled with gunpowder.

He threw the powder to the ground, causing a small explosion that filled the immediate area with smoke. Ayatsuri took off, shoulder butting anyone in his way. His hand held onto his companion's tightly as they made their way out of the smoke cloud and into a market street, vendors and people nearly anywhere they turned. A perfect place to lose anyone who were to give chase.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Next

Return to Wind Country