Medusa Cascade | [Raika]

[-]Sora Occupied Land | Demon Basilisk Swamp | Demon Tribe Village [-]
Located far to the east is this terrible and hostile land. The people here have become savage and live in a world with nothing of the peace that other nations take so greatly for granted. The land here is not for those iwth the mind to take a casual stroll. The land is laced with marshes and swamps, which house creatures more horrific then some can imagine. It is here that a gaint Demon Ninja Army has been formed in secret, amd were a war that other nations choose to ignore will be waged.

Re: Medusa Cascade | [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Really, she should've mentioned to Dokutoru-san that any hunter as skilled as he talked about probably had senses as good as hers.

And that whispering just brought attention to them. Even the clicking of Omoi's claws; heck, she was doing that on purpose.

They needed to attract Medusa's attention eventually, anyway.

But... luring out the fellow huntress, with Dokutoru-san still unprotected... it was bugging her.

Omoi stopped suddenly, raising up on her hind legs and gently covering her friend's eyes, Ryuujinscale flowing from her hand to form a tight blindfold around his head, various bands connecting in a network through his hair and under his chin so that he wouldn't be able to easily remove it... and then she turned, gentle hands bringing his chest to her back and his arms over her shoulders before she slowly dropped back to all fours again.

"Hang on tight," she murmured softly. "Don't worry about potentially hurting me, you won't... let me protect you here, my friend. I don't want you to end up like them."

She waited until he had a firm grip before she continued forward, still breathing softly through her nostrils as she followed the newest scent, wandering ever deeper into the maze.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:33 pm

They continued nearly silently. Making some noise was inevitable. But, like Omoi had thought, they had to bring her out. A surprise attack was a nice thought, but the duo would have to take what they could get.

"Wha--" Dokutoru gasped, not expecting Omoi to suddenly blindfold him. He would have preferred to simply shut his eyes, but this allowed for some extra precaution. And getting some time off of his own feet was nice. He couldn't remember the last time he had laid down. Days maybe? "I could have done without the sight loss, but thank you." Truth be told, he was very uncomfortable. It was a situation he couldn't avoid, given the foe Omoi and he were after.

And, of course, Dokutoru did not want to end up like the lifeless victims who wandered into the Goddess's lair.

Not that either of them would have noticed, but the torches continued. Every part of the cavern had some form of light. It was a necessary part of how Medusa hunted her prey. Dokutoru wasn't sure, but he assumed that Medusa fed off of the chakra of those who met her gaze. That was how she "ate".

"These... 'statues'," he hesitated to stay "people", "be careful not to bump into them. I'm sure you can tell better than I, but the statues have a sort of energy coming from them. It is nearly identical to Medusa's. I bet she has a connection to them. For all we know, these statues are all connected to one another to give Medusa some sort of omnispective power. For all we know, we can tell where we are right now." Dokutoru whispered, keeping his head close to Omoi's neck. "But, I'm sort of hopeful that that is not the case."

As they progressed, the number of statues increased. The duo had already passed by the small ravine and were into the heart of the cave. Had their eyes been open they would have seen a statue anywhere they turned at this point.

"I will be taking off this... uh... blindfold once we find Medusa. I won't look into her eyes, and I'll shut mine whenever I can. I know you're looking out for me, and that's more than I could ever ask for in a friend, but just trust me," said Dokutoru, a gentle hand wrapped comfortable around Omoi's lower neck. If they were going to take down a God, some risks had to be taken.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:17 pm

A low, rippling growl, the subtle vibrations of it reaching Dokutoru-san from his perch.

"I don't like using others as bait."

The quiet words were fierce, her muscles slightly tensing... but then they relaxed again, softening.

"And... they're people, Dokutoru-san. They may have been petrified, but they're still people."

She paused by one, sniffing the faint scent.

"I could probably tell you a little about each one of them, just by the lingering smell.... Beggars, children, warriors, parents, merchants, bakers, blacksmiths...."

She could have gone on and on with the list, from the sheer number of statues around them, but instead she started forward again, falling silent for a moment.

"A sensei of mine is currently petrified back home, and no matter how many people have work on it and how much time they spend, no one has found a way to reverse the process.... Do you remember what I did the first time we travelled together, all the 'samples' I collected? Would you mind if I did the same in this case? Just as there is a way to petrify, perhaps with the knowledge of it, it can be reversed," she murmured softly, walking along with a fluidity that hardly even jostled her passenger.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:48 pm

"Bait?" Kurokku chuckled, giving Omoi a soft pat on her scale-covered neck. "Who said anything about bait? I'll be helping you fight her. I'm quite an agile fighter, Omoi." He whispered still, a playful tone in his voice.

People-turned-statues continued to increase by number. Omoi's words struck home in Dokutoru. He had seen too much misery and destruction in his ninety-one years of living to let this affect him very much. He knew it was wrong, that Medusa was doing this to people, but it never quite clicked in his mind.

The time traveler nodded. "Yes. Yes you are right. They are still human, regardless of what state they're in." Stone or not. "This is why I need someone to travel with, I suppose," he said, quieter than ever.

"As long as we can subdue Medusa, you are free to do whatever you wish with her. Just be careful. Even dead, her gaze may still petrify you." Who knew the extent of her abilities. "I can't promise it'll work on your sensei, but it may provide you with some useful information."

A shiver struck Dokutoru. His fingers lightly tapped against Omoi's neck. Something was wrong. He couldn't tell what it was. It didn't feel like Medusa. Was it his own mind, again? His hallucinations had been growing more frequent...

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Agile?

Omoi thought back to the only times she had ever seen her friend in combat or near-combat situations....

The first, he was just standing there, waiting for a giant snake to strike at him.

And then there was his fear of the dinosaurs....

And when he got stuck with a kunai at the Yuki Ball....

She'd have to see it to believe it. So to speak. Though, with his build, it certainly seemed possible....

His need for people to travel with, to keep him grounded.

His permission to do as she wished with Medusa in the end... though it would be best to destroy the corpse after she had copied the alien's DNA.

But then... a subtle alteration in his scent, something was wrong.

Her instincts were flashing a coinciding warning, but what the danger was, she didn't yet know....

"Dokutoru-san?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 pm

It had to be nothing. Just the fear getting to him, was all. Never before had he been without his sight, and against this sort of an opponent. As some would say, Dokutoru was "psyching himself out".

"I think I'm okay. Just a bit nervous, I guess." He sighed, moving a hand up to his blindfold. Not to take it off, but just to glimpse a peak. "I won't be able to calm down until I get my sight back for a second. Trust me, Omoi." He whispered, partially lifting up the flap over his left eye.

He spoke so much about trust. But, in the end, how often did Dokutoru actually know what he was doing?

Blinking, his eye moved from side-to-side. Several statues were in front of them, a bright torch right nearby. Dokutoru could almost feel the heat. "All right," he said, as Omoi passed by the trio of petrified citizens. "I think I'm okay, now."

Moving the flap back down, Dokutoru suddenly stopped, whipping his head back to the statues. There was a man, an elderly man, and a little girl. "No." Dokutoru's face grew pale. "No." That girl. "Omoi..." The little girl. "The people... the statues..." She was holding a teacup. It was the same little girl who sat at the table near the entrance of the cave. "They can move."

It was then the little girl began to glow green, moving almost silently toward Omoi and Dokutoru. Was it the alien chakra that allowed the statues to move so silently? "One's coming toward us. Please tell me you can sense it." She wasn't moving fast, but all the statues began to glow green. Nearly a dozen were around them. And they all focused their sights on the time traveling duo.

"Run!" Shouted Dokutoru, his fear getting the better of him. It was no use keeping silent now, it seemed.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Omoi sighed.

She'd noticed the scent, and the near-silent movements of the statues were noticeable enough to her sensitive hearing....

Well, now Dokutoru-san was panicking.

Maybe the scent of her companion's fear would be enough to draw in the dragoness's prey.

For now, though....

Ryuujinscale grew over Dokutoru-san in a lattice-work dome, long, fine, spine-like hairs covering her body in a thick coat, the space where her friend lay being covered in a shorter, softer coat.

Omoi leapt forward without hesitation, arrowing between two statues, her outer coat grazing them and creating clean cuts in the stone effortlessly, her now-bushy tail turning a statue's leg to dust with a passing brush.

She could hear more statues moving, giving chase, cutting off passageways only to crumble as her coat sliced them to bits, still following the ever-freshening scent of Medusa.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:06 pm

"Whoa!" Dokutoru didn't actually expect Omoi to react so quickly. He was bound quite tightly to her back, dragon scales keeping the good doctor in place. A smart move, as Omoi's quick movements would have simply thrown him off her back.

Part of the thin dragon scales that covered most his eyes remained pulled upward. Dokutoru could still somewhat see with his left eye.

"Omoi!" He shouted, the duo managed to escape the large room that had statues coming at them from all angles. "Don't harm the statues if you can help it." Words that Omoi told him earlier was still present in his head. "These statues are still people, no matter what. I believe that. They may still be able to be saved."

It was then a loud screech rang throughout the cavern. Omoi had just entered a deeper part of the cave. A small waterfall flowed gently into a pond at the edge of the room. Nearly a dozen statues turned their heads toward Omoi and Dokutoru. Their eyes glowing green.

"Medusa. That noise. That was her." The rough sound of snake scales against the cold stone floor echoed throughout the room. In the shadows lurked a figure with long black hair, pale skin, yellow eyes, and a snake's tail where there should have been legs.

Grabbing the scales that kept his body against Omoi's back, Dokutoru used his other hand to reach into his brown suit and wrap his fingers around one of his many scrolls. In an instant, the scales vanished thanks to a space manipulation fuuinjutsu technique. Dokutoru rolled off of Omoi's back and hit the ground. He stood up straight, eyes closed, and focused as ever.

"I can sense her potent chakra. She's in the back, beyond the statues." This was more so to prove to Omoi that Dokutoru was aware of the situation. "Get the snake venom I gave you into her blood if you can, don't hurt the statues, and please, don't underestimate her." Dokutoru was unaware of the full extent of her abilities. The last thing he wanted was Omoi to be killed-- and it would be completely his fault.

The statues had begun to run toward the duo, Medusa silently watching. "I can handle my own," he said, eyes closed. "Stop the Goddess."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:56 pm

The fur flattened back into scales, and Omoi's head was turned in Dokutoru-san's direction with a soft growl of annoyance.

He should've stayed put....

The dragoness sighed softly, her head facing front again, listening to the statues moving and the slithering snakeskin.

"Oi, hebi-san. If you speak this language, I have a question for you."

Her right forepaw was absently tapping out a rhythm with her claws, a thin layer of the dragoness's chakra gradually expanding through the air to help hamper any chakra-sensing abilities Medusa might have, while also setting up preparation for any techniques.

"I hear you're not from around here... so how did you get here, and why are you here? If you're here just to hunt, aren't there any hunting grounds left where you're from? Or did some predator get greedy and thoughtlessly consume all of the prey?"

Just a steady little rhythm, tap tap tapping away on the stone with her claws as her chakra kept expanding outwards, threading through the air and stone, too thin to be seen by the naked eye, weak enough to be little more than a faint aura if felt....
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:19 pm

He smirked at his friend's growling, touched at how much she cared. Omoi wouldn't like this next bit very much...

"Come on, then! You... stone things!" Dokutoru waved his arms, moving from Omoi. He clapped his hands together and continued to shout. "Come and get me!"

Distracted easily, it seemed, the statues all focused on Dokutoru. A dozen of them ran for the time traveling doctor. He put himself into a taijutsu stance and before he knew it he found himself blocking the rock hard fists of several statues.

"Ow, ow!" He hissed, throwing one of the statues to the ground as he blocked another one's punch with his elbow. Dokutoru would have plenty of welts after this.

"I can't remember the last time I had a proper conversation." A very "womanly" voice came from the back of the cave, a thick accent on top of it. Clearly the shinobi language was not her first. "You're very much a lizard like myself. Well, neither of us are quite lizards are we?" Bright yellow eyes glowed from the back of the cave. Medusa was not in a rush to get closer to Omoi.

"She talks?" Dokutoru whispered, fascinated that Omoi had made conversation with the Goddess. "Oof!" A hard fist met Dokutoru's gut. The man opened his eyes, careful not to look beyond the statues before him. If he kept his eyes shut, these statues would quickly get the better of him.

"My home is far away from here. An awful darkness befell my land. It wounded it, even. Tears across the sky that glowed black. I somehow ended up here eons ago, by some miracle. I dare say I am the last of my kind, for I have not felt my sisters since." Perhaps this would have given Medusa some sort of pity, but she was still hell bent on turning the time traveling duo into stone creations.

Dokutoru stopped. "We can bring you back, you know!" Dokutoru called out, pushing away one of the statues. "See if your species is still alive. Or maybe I can do one better. I can stop whatever happened. Tears in the sky... that sounds like awful business." He moved his arm back to give one of the incoming statues a punch, but one of the green-glowing things had snuck up behind him and grabbed his arm. And within moments, Dokutoru found himself covered in the statues, all holding him still. Several more statues ran toward Omoi to try and keep her away from Dokutoru. "No! Get off! Omoi--!"

One of the statues turned Dokutoru's head toward Medusa, her piercing gaze turned Kurokku into stone. The same green glow came from his own eyes, the other statues moved away from him and focused on Omoi. Dokutoru's statue did the same, following after Medusa's stone-turned humans.

"No thanks." She smiled, coming out of the dark. A green aura surrounded her hands, sparks of electricity bouncing around inside it. Dokutoru's chakra had begun to transfer over to Medusa, giving her just the recharge she needed. "A meal over family any day, I say." Omoi was next on her menu.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 pm

The tapping increased in intensity, a sudden calm overtaking the dragoness, her tail stilling.

"I must agree, food is necessary to survive, though company is often nearly as necessary.... Speaking of company, that was my friend you just decided to make a meal of, and I would be quite pleased if you reversed the process or told me how to reverse it...."

Phased hands of Ryuujinscale went through handsigns, a phased tendril channeling the technique and receiving the results, a simple pulse of chakra sealing away the knowledge of Medusa's body structure and DNA.

"I'd rather not spend the time to figure it out myself. Especially since I have things to do back home, people to see.... A life I consider worth living, and that I refuse to allow to end any time soon, my fellow huntress."

She could sense the statues approaching, surrounding her.... Hear Medusa's movements.

The preparations were in place, she just wanted to hear the fellow predator's answer.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 pm

The statues had Omoi surrounded by this point, Dokutoru's own statue included. He couldn't feel anything anymore. All his biological processes had been halted, essentially. No feeling, no thought, nothing. For all intents and purposes, he was dead. The usual regeneration that Dokutoru and his fellow clansmen went through hadn't even activated. Medusa slayed the time traveler too quickly.

"Well I'm so sorry that you feel that this is a waste of your precious time." The alien scoffed, slithering toward Omoi. "Your friend is mine, now. He is dead. His energy is far too delicious for me to give him up, anyway."

With that, Medusa shot toward Omoi, lightning jumping from her hand and to the dragoness. "And you're next, girl!" She shrieked, her eyes glowing bright yellow.

All around Omoi, the statues made their move. They jumped, grabbed, and reached for Omoi. All attempting to grab hold of the dragon so they could pry the scales off of her eyes.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:04 pm

She vanished, only to reappear safely outside of the ring of statues, Dokutoru-statue suddenly suspended safely from the ceiling by what appeared to be some sort of black webbing, stretchy and strong.

Fangs gleamed in a feral grin.

"I wonder, what would happen if I plucked out your eyes and squished them?"

More black webbing sprung from the walls, floors, and ceiling, snatching up more statues and keeping them secure.

"Time, time, yes... well, you see, I actually have plenty of time from now until the day I'm needed, but I might not live long enough to see that day. And while meals are plentiful for me no matter when or where I am, I would miss my family and my beloved. Scoff at me all you like, but reaching them again is a goal I would break or fix everything to achieve, depending on which was needed."

She shrugged, sighed.

"Are you sure you don't want to give him back? I imagine being able to eat again is better than losing just a meal or two. Or just, you know. Being able to live in general. Or being able to move, that could work, too. A life in endless agony, perhaps that... ah, my studies give me far too much control over things at times. And your anatomy really isn't that hard to grasp, aside from certain functions. If you don't believe me I could always give you an example."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Lightning struck the ground harmless. Medusa reeled back her glowing arm and briefly looked up to the ceiling. Dokutoru was hanging by some sort of web. Her vision moved back down, looking to Omoi. She hissed at Omoi's remark. "I'd like to see you try."

All her statues were suddenly bound, caught by the same black web. It was just Omoi and her now. The odds weren't looking good for Medusa.

"Don't talk to me about family!" The intensity of the lightning around her arms increased. "They're all dead. I know agony well enough, girl. You think you can threaten me? Me?! Anything you did to me would be nothing compared to what I have lived through!" Perhaps it didn't need saying, but Medusa was insane. Literally. Loneliness for too long did a hell of a thing to someone's mind. Besides, who knew what sort of torment she went through after being sent through the rip in space and time and being transported here? Medusa was not up for cooperation.

"You want to know how to fix your boy?" She rose her hands up, sparks jumping from her forearms and to the ground. "Kill me! That's how you can get him back-- kill me! Commit genocide and kill off the last of my species. I hope you can live with that, girl!" Medusa slid to and fro, extending and retracting her arms. Bolts of lightning shot from her palms and toward Omoi.

Medusa was dead set on frying Omoi alive. To hell with the meal! She wanted Omoi totally and utterly dead.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 pm

A deep sadness pierced Omoi to the core... but sadness and pity alone would not stop what was to come, the dragoness smoothly dodging each bolt of electricity.

And when she spoke again, her voice had softened.

"I'm sorry... and farewell."

A simple flow of chakra was all it took.

Medusa's brain, organs, eyes, all that lingered beneath her skin that was necessary for life... it was all shredded in an instant by ribbons of Ryuujinscale that had been phased into the alien's flesh.

Alien blood spilled in a trickle from the huntress's mouth and in streams from the holes where her eyes had been, and the predator collapsed, little more than a bag of flesh now.

Omoi crossed the distance and gently stroked Medusa's head with a claw, a quiet sorrow lingering in her heart.

She wanted to do something for the alien, but... how did her kind handle death on their homeworld? Only Dokutoru-san would know.
Raika

PreviousNext

Return to Demon Country