Medusa Cascade | [Raika]

[-]Sora Occupied Land | Demon Basilisk Swamp | Demon Tribe Village [-]
Located far to the east is this terrible and hostile land. The people here have become savage and live in a world with nothing of the peace that other nations take so greatly for granted. The land here is not for those iwth the mind to take a casual stroll. The land is laced with marshes and swamps, which house creatures more horrific then some can imagine. It is here that a gaint Demon Ninja Army has been formed in secret, amd were a war that other nations choose to ignore will be waged.

Re: Medusa Cascade | [Raika]

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:13 am

"No! Don't--!" Medusa was cut short the moment Omoi's scales had phased into her body, destroying everything inside of her. The glow in her eyes faded fast before they too were destroyed.

Suddenly, stone became flesh as Medusa's statues turned back into their human form. Most of the statues, anyway. Some had been too far damaged, and some of the older statues remained lifeless-- truly dead now. There wasn't any of their energy remaining.

"Omoi?" Dokutoru tugged gently on the black material that kept him up in the air. "You did it! Ah, fantastic! You might have been better off if I just sent you into the cave by yourself." He laughed, looking around at the other people who were bound in a similar fashion.

"Whoa, what's going on? Where am I?"

"Where is that monster? Did I... kill it? Did I do it?" Blurted out a very confused hunter.

Voices started emerging now only from this room, but they echoed throughout the cave as dozens upon dozens of people awoke. It was a marvelous sound.

"How did you cure us?" Dokutoru asked, waiting on Omoi to remove the webbing from his body. "Were you able to find a remedy for the petrification...?" His voice trailed off as he spotted Medusa's corpse. A heavy exhale followed as he quickly realized the consequences of her death. One less species in the universe.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:48 pm

"Omoi? You did it! Ah, fantastic! You might have been better off if I just sent you into the cave by yourself."

"Whoa, what's going on? Where am I?"

"Where is that monster? Did I... kill it? Did I do it?"

Monster.

The dragoness's jaw stiffened, her muscles tensing.

"How did you cure us? Were you able to find a remedy for the petrification...?"

She scented Dokutoru-san's sorrow... and a flow of chakra banished all the remaining humans from the cavern, scattering them above ground to find their way home, the cavern's entrance suddenly gone. The black webbing vanished, all but what held her friend, lowering him gently to the ground before it, too, vanished.

And all the while, Omoi hadn't moved from her spot.

The caves were quiet, just the crackling of flames and the soft pace of their breathing.

The scales covering her eyes vanished, and sapphire eyes opened to gaze upon the lonely predator who had become prey....

"Dokutoru-san... did they have any death-rites on her homeworld?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Everyone around him had vanished, leaving Dokutoru and Omoi by themselves. He was lowered gently to the ground, though he was more than capable of sticking the landing. Omoi's kindness toward him knew no bounds, it seemed.

"Impressive," said Dokutoru. His eyes scanned the room. There was a single statue left that hadn't been probably cured. However, everyone else had been transported from the cave. Omoi would make a very dangerous enemy.

He came to his companion's side, looking down on Medusa's corpse. "I have no idea. I'm not familiar with species outside of our planet. My people tend to stay within our own small region in space."

Kneeling down next to the corpse, he placed a hand on her pale forehead. "The least we could do, I think, is to bring her back to her home." He shut his eyes. "I should be able to get some sense of where in the universe she belongs. The TASAM can take us there." Silence for a few moments, but Dokutoru finally sensed where she belonged.

"Dokutoru."

The man suddenly opened his eyes, his pupils were large and his adrenaline pumping. What had he just felt? "Nowhere." He quickly removed his hand from her. "I can't sense where she belongs. Either something is blocking my senses..." Which hadn't happened before. "...or something terrible happened. She mentioned open holes appearing on her planet. The only way I wouldn't be able to get even a tiny idea of where her home was... was if it had been erased from existence. Whatever those holes were, they were open wounds in the universe." Dokutoru stood up. "And the planet got ate up. Right into that wound. Gone, forever. No past, present, or future."

The man began to wring his hands. "Medusa should not even exist. She got lucky. Very lucky. It wasn't Medusa I was afraid of... I knew there was something strange about her. Besides the whole 'alien' thing." He removed a scroll from inside his brown suit. Partially unwrapped it, Dokutoru laid it out on her. "I have to completely destroy her. Not a single atom of her can remain here. She's an impossible thing that shouldn't exist." Applying chakra, her body vanished. "The sun should do the job." Aside from straight into the time vortex itself, Dokutoru didn't know a more destructive force than a star.

He exhaled, putting a hand to his head. He couldn't remember the last time he had a headache. "Thank you, Omoi, for your help. I know you may not have wanted to kill her, but I doubt there was any other proper way."
Last edited by Oddric on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Sapphire eyes gazed quietly upon Dokutoru-san, scenting his confusion and distress... but in her mind's eye, Omoi was seeing the lonely, lost Medusa, hearing her words all over again, scenting her emotions....

"Dokutoru-san.... Don't you dare ever do that to me again. Not just dying, but leaving me alone in a time that's not mine. I may be long-lived, but if I couldn't find a way to return home, I...."

Claws dug into stone, left gashes.

"I don't want to end up like her."

It was barely a whisper, but Omoi was staring at the spot where the fellow huntress had once been, faintly trembling.

What would she do if she ever lost her beloved Otoha? She didn't want to think about it.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 pm

His head perked up, looking to Omoi as she said his name. "What's wrong?" he asked. Whatever was the issue, his companion didn't seem very happy.

Taken aback, Dokutoru chewed on his inner cheek as Omoi spoke. Dokutoru hadn't even considered what almost happened to poor Omoi. If Dokutoru had truly perished, Omoi would have been trapped in a foreign time and place. It was a good ten years before the present. Ten long years without her loved one was tough to bare, but what if it had been millions of years? He had put Omoi in that kind of danger multiple times already.

When they traveled back to see dinosaurs, a meteor storm had nearly hit them. It could have killed either Dokutoru or Omoi, or even damaged the TASAM. Dokutoru was so careless that he hadn't even bothered to check if the storm was approaching before leaving the TASAM with her.

He had her trapped before the universe existed. They could have been struck in that strange pre-universe dimension for eternity.

And now this. Dokutoru had been careless with his own life and the resulting effect would have been Omoi totally alone. In the other situations Dokutoru was alive and with Omoi, and he wouldn't leave her side. He was so rash that he hadn't even taken a moment to think about the results of his actions.

"Omoi..." The time travel fiddled with his hands, wringing them like a washcloth. "I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen. I just-- I wasn't thinking. I will never let anything like that happen to you." An apology certainly wasn't enough. Almost leaving Omoi trapped in a different time and alone was unforgivable, in Dokutoru's eyes. He intended on keeping Omoi safe from now on. However, given the nature of Dokutoru's "adventures", it was next to impossible to keep his companions totally safe--

So, he would keep her safe the only way he knew how...

"Come on, let's get you home." Dokutoru looked briefly again to the single remaining statue in the room. "Do you have a shortcut out of this place?" Guilt and sorrow in his eyes, he looked to Omoi.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Dokutoru-san's words brought her back from the dark place her thoughts had gone, and she gently slipped her head underneath his palm.

"Just... be more careful. And next time I try to keep you safe, let me, will ya?"

The dragoness smiled a bit in reassurance before a simple flow of chakra phased them both out of the cave, soon standing before the camouflaged TASAM-tree, Omoi once again in human form....

Soon, they were back in the familiar machine, Omoi leaning against the railing, sapphire eyes watching her companion....

"...Dokutoru-san, there's someplace I want to show you. Though we need to get back to my time first."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:32 pm

"I guess I'm not very great at keeping you safe, eh?" He chuckled softly, entering the TASAM with his friend. One thing that this new Dokutoru was not was "careful". He was very rash, acted very blindly, and was very stupid. Maybe stupid wasn't the best word, but that's what Dokutoru felt at the moment.

The last thing he wanted was any of his friends to be unsafe. Especially if it was because of him.

Flipping switches and turning dials, Dokutoru had set the TASAM to fly he and Omoi back to her home. Safely back to her own time and place where she rightfully belonged.

"Oh?" He pulled the last lever and the TASAM started to shake and groan as it always did. Dokutoru found himself against the side railing, keeping himself balanced. "You want to show me something?" Dokutoru had something else in mind, but before that he would follow Omoi to wherever she wanted to take him. "Well, all right! The TASAM is taking you back home, is it nearby where you live, or should I coordinate my old girl someplace else?" Though, Omoi was a dragon. She could probably just as easily fly him somewhere should it be not within immediate walking distance.

The machine came to a stop, disguised as some clever thing like it usually did. Tree, rock, woman's stall-- lords only knew.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:09 am

"It'd be lovely if we ended up near Kumo."

Not that it really mattered where they came out....

The shaking and groaning drew to a stop, and Omoi was leading her friend out of the TASAM and into a forest... a deep breath of the sweet air, and she smiled; they were near the edge of the Chiroptera, the TASAM yet another tree.

"Alright...."

The human-formed dragoness formed handsigns, and a door-sized, black portal appeared before her, a gentle hand wrapping around Dokutoru-san's wrist and pulling him through behind her, into her pocket dimension.

Her hand fell away from his wrist as they stepped into sunlight, entering a forest meadow with lush, soft grass and wildflowers all around... and the air was so sweet, the sky such a pure blue. Birds chirped and twittered, the soft rustle of animals moving about the forest. A doe and her fawn looked up as they entered, leapt away amongst the trees.

Omoi grinned.

"Welcome to my sanctuary, Dokutoru-san. Made it myself."

She smiled brightly at her friend as he looked around, proud to show off her little hideaway.

"This is just a small part of it, though. This way."

And she was moving easily through the grass, onto a path with a roof of arched tree branches and green leaves, cobblestones lining the walk way as it turned this way and that, dappled sunlight spilling into the shade. Benches of wood and stone were here and there, and more wildflowers grew along the edge.

It was a few minutes later that they emerged from the forest, and the section she had worked on most came into view: a large white castle atop a cliff with the winding cobblestone path leading up to its gates, a white beach and blue bay below on their left with a view of the ocean beyond, and on their right was an orchard holding various fruits and vegetables....

Omoi moved lightly along the path up to the castle, turning around to walk backwards as she grinned at her friend.

"What do you think of my little pocket dimension so far?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:23 am

Dokutoru followed Omoi's lead, the duo left the TASAM. Again, it had disguised itself as a tree. Though not nearly as beautiful as the last tree it had been.

A soft crunch of grass beneath his feet was a delighted welcome to the time traveler. "Is this spot all right?" He looked to Omoi after shutting the TASAM door behind him. "I could easily take us closer to the place you wanted to show me." A hand remained on his fantastic ship, in case Omoi decided against this current location.

"What the hell is that?" Dokutoru asked, giddy with excitement. He hadn't seen Omoi ever do something like this. If the good doctor wasn't mistaken, the portal was giving off some sort of spacial energy. He didn't resist Omoi's pull as she lead him once again, this time through the strange black hole in the universe.

"Oh, this is amazing!" he exclaimed. "You made this? I've only seen my own people able to do something of this caliber. Absolutely gorgeous, Omoi."

His head kept turning as he trailed behind Omoi, a few steps behind her as they walked up the rocky path to the enormous castle. "I am very impressed, my friend." He returned Omoi's grin. "Though, I have to ask..." Dokutoru looked around again. Maybe he was just being dense. "...are you all alone here? I understand it's a sort of hideaway for you, but is there any other humans or dragons here?" He knew the awful effects of loneliness.

Kurokku wouldn't mention this, but he was basically powerless here. His time and space abilities only worked in his own dimension. There was no strong link between himself and his home. This was a place of Omoi's own creation, so he didn't expect anything terrible to happen. But, at the same time, he wasn't very aware of how the whole process worked. Was it possible that negative emotions Omoi hid within herself would show up in her "sanctuary"? Maybe Dokutoru was thinking too much.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 pm

"Humans or dragons, no, not at the moment. My librarian's a satyr, though he doesn't fully match up with the typical mythologies. And there are a few other... species, so to speak. There's of course all the animals in the forests and the creatures of the ocean, but there are others here that you won't really find in our dimension, to the extent of my knowledge. Though I did take some ideas from mythology...."

She hesitated, silently working through how to explain her last statement. No one had seen any of her... "pets" yet, so she wasn't sure how someone could react....

Nyoko-san was the only one who probably wouldn't be uncertain about it on some level.

"Dokutoru-san, in your travels, have you ever heard of someone working with genetics to create a new life?"

Omoi stopped walking entirely, looking back to the forests and whistling sharply.

A trio of howls came in return, and the human-formed dragoness could hear the distant movements through the brush, the animals quieting and darting away....

And soon an above-average-sized wolf was sprinting towards them, black fur gleaming in the sunlight... but the most unusual thing was its three necks and heads sprouting from the wider-than-average torso, and then it was leaping over Dokutoru-san to tackle Omoi with a chorus of growls--

She growled in return, lashing out to meet the creature before they tumbled, Omoi soon finding herself sitting on the wolf's belly and growling again. Three tongues licked her arms and cheek, lush black tail wagging, and she smiled, their usual greeting ceremony complete.

They were still young, still playful.

A gentle hand rubbed the soft fur of the wolf's belly before she stood, the lupine rolling over and shaking out his fur before padding to his mistress's side and sitting down obediently, six blue eyes watching Dokutoru-san.

Omoi's, meanwhile, were still watching the three-headed wolf, scratching the nearest head behind the ear and smiling a little wider when he leaned into her touch.

"From the left.... Aoi, Kiba, and Sora."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:58 pm

"Must be a little lonely, no? Well, you have animals. Pets, I guess." Dokutoru had the TASAM, sort of like a pet. It wasn't an enormous comfort while away from home, but it certainly helped.

Kurokku hesitated. He looked speechless, in fact. "You took some ideas? Wait, are you saying you made these creatures here?" He was baffled. How was Omoi capable of making life like this, like some sort of... well... Goddess?

"Yes. In fact, I often travel with her. She works on plant life, making new species of plants." Though at the moment she was working on a cure. "But that's beside the point." He stopped next to his friend. "What exactly have you been doing here? Have you actually been making animals?"

Not a fighter, Dokutoru was almost ready to spring into action when the furry beast sprung from the woods and tackled Omoi. Merely playing, this was certainly one of the pets that kept the dragon company in her time here.

"Oh. Uh, a pleasure." He smiled at the three headed canine before looking back to Omoi. "You did this? You made this animal? Er... you made these animals?" Didn't want to hurt their feelings. "How?" In Dokutoru's travels he met a lot of terrible people with terrible experiments, from human puppets to cursed fuuinjutsu. Dokutoru wanted to make sure that whatever Omoi was doing it was perfectly safe. He had complete faith in his friend that this wasn't evil work, but he had to know for sure.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:32 pm

"Dokutoru-san, you already know that I can copy DNA for future study, that I can shapeshift myself, and that I can create organs, such as when I gave you gills. I've made multiple fuuinjutsu set-ups to help me process the DNA more quickly for my research, and I have all the techniques I need to help me make a physical body... and then I used fuuinjutsu to seal natural chakra into said body, since it seems that natural chakra and the soul are linked so closely.... It doesn't always work, but when it does, I can bring my creations to life. Aoi, Kiba, and Sora are still just a pup, really, since I based their DNA off of the dire wolves of Chiroptera Forest... but they know and understand how they were given birth. I let them roam free in this world I've made, so they can discover new things on their own. And... I don't plan on letting any of them into the chaotic world we come from. They deserve peaceful, happy lives."

Sapphire eyes softened as Sora licked her cheek, a soft chuckle escaping her lips as she smiled gently.

"I started studying DNA not just because it was interesting, but to find a way to counter the genetic disease of the Eta-Naru clan, which makes them so mentally unstable the more power they grasp, to save my friend, Eta-Naru Kaitou. In my studies, there were times when I doubted ever being able to save him, so one night I wondered if I would be able to make a new body for him.... Fortunately, I've found a fuuinjutsu that should be able to save him, so I don't need to do anything so drastic, but... I continued looking into the possibility of making new life, since I was so curious about it. I've discovered so many other things in the process, too...."

She gently ran her hand down the wolf's back, rubbing so that all three heads would be able to enjoy, smiling as their tail wagged.

"I tend to worry a bit about how people will react when I tell them, though, since it seems that normally creating life tends to be more commonly found among mad scientists."

Her smile turned sheepish, sapphire eyes finally turning to meet Dokutoru-san's gaze.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Chaotic world... that was an interesting word choice. There was so much beauty in their world. But far too much evil, too. Dokutoru had seen it first hand. These animals in Omoi's sanctuary were far better off here than in the "real" world.

"The way to Hell is paved with good intentions." Hands in his suit pockets, Dokutoru looked to the young pup. Friends, enemies, great people, too many of them sought out darkness to get to their goals. Some of them were able to avoid evil, but many become corrupted by it. Dokutoru didn't want to see Omoi become the latter.

"I've seen too many people, wonderful people, turn down a dark road doing very similar things like you are, Omoi. Creating life is nothing to sneeze at, it is incredibly serious business. If you can create stable life like a three headed wolf, what else can you do?" Dokutoru had to admit though, it was truly fascinating and marvelous. Omoi was quite a scientist. "There is much chance for opportunity, but a lot as well for evil. I trust you Omoi, I trust you a lot." More so than he trusted himself, even. "Don't lose yourself to this science. And do not forget the goal you're working toward." Dokutou wasn't here to be Omoi's lecturer on how to live her life, but as a friend he felt it important to say.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Aoi's and Kiba's ears pinned back as they growled protectively, while Sora simply looked to Omoi, cocking its head to the side... and when she chuckled, Aoi and Kiba quieted, looking to her as well.

"I know. But as long as I have people supporting me, I doubt I'll ever turn down that path."

Omoi smiled gently at her friend before lightly patting the three-headed wolf's shoulder, lightly chuckling as they nuzzled her arms and chest before loping off towards the beach below, apparently set on going for a swim.

And then she gestured to the white castle with a smile.

"Want a tour?"
Raika

Previous

Return to Demon Country