Medusa Cascade | [Raika]

[-]Sora Occupied Land | Demon Basilisk Swamp | Demon Tribe Village [-]
Located far to the east is this terrible and hostile land. The people here have become savage and live in a world with nothing of the peace that other nations take so greatly for granted. The land here is not for those iwth the mind to take a casual stroll. The land is laced with marshes and swamps, which house creatures more horrific then some can imagine. It is here that a gaint Demon Ninja Army has been formed in secret, amd were a war that other nations choose to ignore will be waged.

Medusa Cascade | [Raika]

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:33 am

Groaning coming to a stop, the TASAM had successfully "landed". Dokutoru pulled his hand away from the control system, taking a step back to lean against the railing that circled the main console.

He had visited Omoi on several occasions, the TASAM was able to lock onto her signature. It never made a quiet entrance, so Omoi always knew when it arrived. Dokutoru didn't even bother moving, he decided to wait for the dragoness.

The last time Kurokku Kouinjoutei and Omoi parted ways, he told her he'd be changing, that he would be regenerating, and when he did he would find Omoi. It was the first time he had acknowledged his fear in regenerating.

"I hope she likes the scarf," Dokutoru muttered, tugging on the red cloth loosely wrapped around his neck and fixing the popped collar of his brown suit. His blue-gray hair fell to his shoulders, and the single rose in his suit moved slightly.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: Medusa Cascade | [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Swamps and snakes and strange creatures she had only previously read about.

Omoi was tired and mud-caked as she sent the small group she had found and rescued for a mission from one of the more dangerous swamps of the Demon Country.

She wanted to go home, take a hot shower, and snuggle with Otoha and fall sleep in his warm arms.

A familiar, shuddering groan of technology and a thud elicited a groan from Omoi herself as she sought out the source of the sound and the door she knew would appear.

Sure enough, there it was, opening for her to come in. A wave of Souton shed the layer of mud from her body as a courtesy before she walked into the TASAM, tiredly looking up at the time-traveler--taking in the changes to his body with little more than a flicker of recognition in her sapphire eyes--before she said, quite simply, "The TASAM wouldn't happen to have a shower or bath or something along those lines, would it, Dokutoru-san?"

Even if her phasing abilities had rendered her physically clean, she still wanted warm water to ease the stiffness and tenseness and soreness in her muscles.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Dokutoru's jaw was left agape as Omoi requested a shower. "Well you're looking quite marvelous too, Omoi!" Scoffed Kurokku, a heavy tone of sarcasm in his voice.

Positive that Omoi was going to say something on his new appearance, Kurokku was a little offended. Or maybe disappointed would be a better word for it.

Blowing the hair out of his face, Kurokku moved off of the railing. At least they were able to avoid the initial confusion of whether Kurokku was really still Kurokku. Indeed, Kurokku was the same person. Just a bit different genetically, mostly appearance. However if Omoi had any sort of method to detect time-space anomalies, she'd be able to tell that there was something off with Dokutoru.

A smile spread across the time traveler's face, he nodded his head to a staircase leading from the main console up to another door leading further into the TASAM. He was pretty sure he had let Omoi into the innards of his ship before. He couldn't exactly remember... but it was just the post regeneration stress?

"The best washroom you've ever seen!" He clapped his hands together to ran up the stairs, opening the door further into the TASAM, revealing one of many long hallways. Wooden doors by the dozen placed along both sides of the hallway.

First door on the left swung open; inside held a large room on the left with racks upon racks of clothing. It was a little disorganized, a lot of clothing thrown everywhere. Kurokku had been in there very recently with his friend, trying to pick out his new outfit. An outfit Omoi decided against complimenting... And on the right-hand side of the room was a thin walkway leading to a large washroom. Shower, bath, sink, toiletries, everything and more one would need to freshen up.

"Feel free to take any clothing you want," Kurokku rubbed his hands together. "I can't say I'll ever need to use any of the women's clothing."

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 pm

"Well you're looking quite marvelous too, Omoi!"

Omoi raised an eyebrow in vague amusement at Dokutoru-san's reaction but said nothing, instead following him up the stairs to the door she had never gone through, but had once looked through before he had warned her of the perils of wandering deeper into the TASAM....

"The best washroom you've ever seen!"

The first door on the left, apparently....

"Feel free to take any clothing you want. I can't say I'll ever need to use any of the women's clothing."

"Thanks for the offer, but my clothes are my scales; I can't remember the last time I wore normal cloth."

Her hand gently wrapped around Dokutoru-san's wrist, pulling him along with her into the messy clothing room before having him sit in a chair of the room.

"I'd rather not end up lost in the TASAM just because I wanted to clean up, so stay put for me, if you don't mind."

And then she turned and headed into the hallway that led to the washroom, pausing to look over her shoulder at her time-travelling friend with a tired smile.

"...it's good to see you again, Dokutoru-san. I'm just kinda tired from just finishing a mission. Out there is a swamp in the Demon Country, if you didn't know."

She chuckled softly before continuing on her way inside, eyeing her options for a moment before opting for a shower, her clothing vanishing through a simple use of Souton before she turned on the water, steam soon gathering in the room as she soaked her body in the warm water....
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Kurokku sat in the chair that Omoi guided him to. There may have been times where Dokutoru was left confused by common social norms, but respecting privacy was something he was certainly familiar with.

"Lost? Oh please, the TASAM isn't that complicated." Of course, it absolutely was. "But I'll stay put. Maybe I'll clean up a bit." He thought about it for a moment, and it was quickly pushed out of his head.

The ninety one-year-old man met Omoi's smile with his own. The feeling was mutual. "A swamp, huh? Well, where I'm taking you may be a bit more extreme." Dokutoru called out as Omoi slipped into the washroom. "As much as I love dropping in on friends..." Kurokku had gone over to examine some clothes on the various racks. "...I actually need your help with something! Your acute senses are exactly what I need to help me find a monster."

He shook a red dress suit in his hands-- actually, it was a red overcoat. It looked identical to the one his enemy Myoushu had worn. A fellow Kouinjoutei who tried to take over the world through a paradox, and the reason why Kurokku had "died" and was forced to regenerate. Kurokku's eyes widened. It was Myoushu's coat! It wasn't the first time he had seen it since Myoushu had been (for lack of a better phrase) erased from existence. "No. It can't be." The last time he saw the coat, it had just been a figment of his imagination. But it was real! It was here! The good doctor could feel it in his hands!

Eyes shut, Kurokku grasped the coat hard. He had to prove to himself it was real. Even with his eyes closed, Kurokku could feel the slick leather! It was real! Dokutoru opened his eyes, expecting to see the same red coat. Instead, it was a blue leather jacket.

The time lord sighed, throwing the jacket against the wall. Had it been a heavier object, it most likely would have broken something. But instead, it merely fell to the floor, much to Dokutoru's dissatisfaction.
Last edited by Oddric on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 pm

A monster, huh...?

Omoi closed her eyes, facing into the stream of hot water as her hands ran through her hair. Even if her hair was just made up of Ryuujinscale in her human form, she had grown to appreciate feeling water running through it over the years that she had spent away from Ryuuguu....

"No. It can't be."

Her friend's voice reached her sensitive ears despite the sounds of running water and the bit of distance between them, his tone bringing her to cut her shower short and dry off with a surprisingly soft towel nearby.

"What can't be?" she called to Dokutoru-san as she cleaned the towel with a simple flow of Souton as black Ryuujinscale formed over her body in a bodysuit and short-clawed gloves melded with her skin itself, hardened portions over her bosom and the back of her hands, encasing her shins and forearms, and in thin plates on her back and stomach providing extra armor. Her feet were covered in Ryuujinscale as well, a hardened portion over the inflexible bone while short, sharp claws had formed at the ends of the toes. A quick fold of the towel as she returned it to its proper place, and she retraced her steps through the hallway and back into the dressing room, sapphire eyes falling upon her time-traveling friend as she crossed the distance between them to gently tousle his hair with a raised eyebrow and a slight smile.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Kurokku returned a smile to Omoi as she rubbed his slate blue hair. He couldn't remember the last time someone had done that-- it must have been decades.

"I'm not entirely sure, to be honest." The red overcoat he had imagined seeing had appeared to him only a few days ago. This wasn't the first time it had happened. "Every member of my clan goes through some sort of stress after regenerating. It normally doesn't last longer than a day, but everyone's a bit different." Dokutoru normally would have left it at that, but he knew Omoi well enough that she would want a bit more information. She could sense whenever he wasn't telling the full truth.

"There's this red jacket that I thought I saw, it belonged to one of my clansman who I harmed terribly." Hopefully Omoi could also tell when Kurokku wasn't comfortable to go into complete detail. "Of course, it's not actually there. Whatever I'm seeing, it's entirely in my head. I thought it would go away after a while, but it doesn't seem to be receding. In fact, the jacket seems more real every time I think I see it. I'm not exactly on good terms with any of my clansmen, so it's not like I can go for help." Dokutoru's companion, Akiko, suggested it might actually be guilt that's haunting Kurokku's mind. He wasn't about to go see a therapist, though.

Dokutoru shrugged, letting out a sigh as his shoulders dropped. "More information than you wanted to know, I think." Tugging on the red cloth loosely wrapped around his neck, the time traveler slowly began to walk toward the exit door of the large room they were in. "Have everything you need? Anything else I can help you with? I'm not going to lie, I don't think this monster hunt will be very simple."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:06 am

Concern flickered in her sapphire eyes for a moment before they calmed. Other than those visions he'd been having, he seemed well enough....

"No... I'm ready."

She raised her right hand, a black ring set with a sapphire that shined with lines of golden light appearing on her ring finger. She pressed her lips to it, closing her eyes for a moment, feeling their connection despite the distance and likely time alteration.... He was always with her, and she with him.

And then she opened her eyes and lowered her hand, the ring vanishing once again as she moved to follow Dokutoru-san.

"So what sort of monster is it that we're hunting?"

Her grin shone with a sudden ferocity.

After all....

She was born to hunt.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Reaching the main console of his ship and flipping a few switches, the TASAM began to groan and shake. A feeling Omoi and Dokutoru were more than used to by now.

Kurokku held onto the railing. He may have been used to the rough ride, but balancing was still a tough act.

"A tough old thing." He gave Omoi a grin. "It's not so much of a 'monster' as it is... well... an alien. A creature not from this world. Upper body of a human, and lower half like a snake. There's some myth about a Goddess named Medusa, this creature is probably the origin of Medusa." Whether her hair was made up entirely of snake-like things was not known. It was going to be quite an experience.

"Oh. And don't look her in the eyes. Her gaze turns anyone she meets eyes with into stone." The TASAM quieted down as it came to a stop. "She's taken the lives of many travelers and nearby citizens over the years. I don't normally intervene with things like this-- monsters and such-- but this Medusa does not belong in this world."

Reaching into his brown leather jacket, Kurokku pulled out a vial containing some sort of liquid. "There's a few reasons why I needed you specifically, Omoi. We probably won't be able to rely much on sight, lest we risk getting turned to solid stone. You have the most enhanced senses I've ever seen on a person... Dragonness... You get what I'm saying." He handed the vial to Omoi. "Ideally, I'd like to subdue Medusa and bring her back to her planet. But I have a feeling it may be impossible, and you'll have to kill her." Kurokku didn't like killing much, and given the skill and strength of this "Goddess", he probably didn't stand much a chance anyway. "There's a poison in here. Snake poison. If you remember the first time we met, I needed the poison from that snake you saved me from. Remember? I told you I needed it for a tea party." Dokutoru smiled, eyes wandering a bit. It had been some time since then. So much had changed. "Anyways... shall we?"

The TASAM had materialized and took the shape of a wilted tree. Next to it was the entrance to a cave, a dim light was evident if one looked into the massive natural structure. The light was a torch-- in fact there were multiple torches in the depths of the cavern. Medusa probably kept them lit. She needed to see her prey and her prey to see her, after all. The cave was placed in the middle of a forest, signs of human life far off in the distance, village lights lit the sunset sky.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Omoi vaguely remembered reading about the so-called Goddess in a book on mythology when trying to get ideas for her projects; she appreciated the saying, after all, of a little bit of truth being in every legend.

"Wandering around without sight shouldn't be a problem for me... but... Dokutoru-san, how exactly are you going to cope with it? I could give you advanced senses, but your immune system might try to wipe them from existence, and it'd take you a while to get used to them...."

She was already closing her eyes and flowing chakra to alter her form to better suit the challenge ahead, shifting from human form to a sort of humanoid, wingless dragon form, her outfit melding completely with her skin and altering into scales, her chest flattening and growing barreled, her hands and toes clawed and her leg structure altering to be more like her true form, but lean and strong as she balanced on her toes, her long, slender tail sprouting from the base of her spine and her face lengthening into a reptilian form, ears melding with her flesh. Her scales grew over her eyes, blinding her entirely, and a final addition of a trail of short, inch-long black spikes trailing down her spine, a pair of subtly curved black horns sprouting backwards from her skull.

Her tail swished impatiently, and a quick grin revealed sharp white fangs as she lightly tossed the vial of poison from hand to hand before it simply vanished from view.

"If altering your senses won't work, I can always blindfold you and you can hold onto my tail."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Omoi had already essentially blinded herself. Kurokku had a lot of faith in her, she could probably still could navigate better than Dokutoru could. "No, no. No more enhanced senses, too risky. My eyes will be open for the time being, anyway. Medusa lives deeper into the cavern. It's a long winding structure, this cave. Once we get deep inside, I'll close my eyes."

Leaving the TASAM first, Kurokku kept the door open for his companion. "The cave is straight ahead." She could probably tell, but it didn't hurt to make sure. It gave off an odd energy, not like anything else in this world.

"I tried venturing into the cave myself a while ago. Before I regenerated into my new form. It was a close run-in. My TASAM didn't agree with her alien energy that she gave off. My old girl was almost stuck in that cave." His eyes moved up and down his armored friend. Dokutoru was usually afraid of offending someone by doing this, he liked to take a good look at people. He had gotten one too many slaps from women before. Since Omoi couldn't visually see for now, he didn't see the harm.

"Medusa isn't like any other creature I've seen before. She has something equivalent to chakra, but it doesn't work quite the same. She can use it to make her almost undetectable. I have no idea what the boundaries are to her skills, but they are very predatory." Dokutoru wrung his hands. "We just both need to be on our toes, she's a master hunter. And if anything is to happen to me, keep going and kill her. I hate putting you in this position." He sighed, taking the first step into the dimly lit cavern.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:39 am

"Master hunter, huh?"

Omoi grinned.

Hunter versus hunter... she'd have the harder part of it, though since Dokutoru-san preferred that Medusa be captured rather than killed, though killing was still allowed....

Navigation had yet to prove difficult for her, though instinct had guided her away from the cave at first... now she followed Dokutoru-san on all fours, soon coming up beside him, moving easily with her partially elongated arms and her draconian-structured legs, sensing her blind way through the tunnel as claws gently clacked against stone.

A small stream of water from a cave wall, barely a trickle.

The crackling of fire.

The rough unevenness of the ground.

The scent of death and rotting flesh and Dokutoru-san beside her, and his breathing and heartbeats.

Her grin had vanished, her movements relaxed, coiled power. She was taking this hunt seriously, recognizing her prey as a fellow predator....

Her companion was already getting tense, and she scented a hint of fear. Omoi slowed down slightly so that he was a few steps ahead, gently sliding her head under his palm and then resuming her easy pace, letting his fingers slide down her neck to come to a rest on her back.

"Calm down. Relax, but stay alert," she murmured, head still facing forward as she steadily padded ever forward, the quiet clicking of her claws a steady beat.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Omoi could probably hear Kurokku's shaky breath. It wasn't very often that Dokutoru showed this level of fear. To be honest, he had gone up against worse. But it was the anticipation. He had fled from this battle years ago, putting it off until he had a sure way to bring Medusa down. For the longest time it felt like he was running from this fight, but now he was running toward it.

"Yes, yes. I'm all right, Omoi. Don't worry," said Dokutoru. He took a few deep breaths to try and relax as the duo began their descend into the cavern.

A single torch protruded from the wall of the cave. The dim light from the outside was becoming less and less faint. Torches continued down the narrow pathway of the cave. "It's a complex cave. Like a maze. We'll get to a wide open area soon. If Medusa has a specific region in the cave where she lives, I haven't found it yet. For all we know, she just wanders about. So we need to speak very softly if we are to do so verbally."

At that moment, the two came onto the large open area. Several other openings were present at the far reaches of the room. Torches still placed throughout. At the center of the room was a wooden table, several teacups placed on top of it with cold tea still inside. And a seat next to the table had a small girl sitting on it-- she was stone solid. Kurokku kept a straight face, hiding his anger.

"Tea party." He whispered, raising his eyebrows. Not that Omoi could tell. "I don't know if you can feel it... but the girl affected by Medusa's power is giving off her same energy. The entire cave is practically filled with it because of these statues." It would be impossible to find Medusa from her energy signature alone.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 pm

She scented stone mixed with lingering fear and cold tea.

A pulse of chakra moved through her paws, going over her surroundings....

...it reminded her of her former Captain, now a statue.

Omoi stepped lightly closer to the tea table, focusing on her sense of smell, sorting through the scents around her to focus on just one....

Death and snakeskin and hunger.

Her muzzle lifted to the air, sniffing one way, then the other, seeking out the newest trail.

And after a few moments, she was padding lightly around the table with calm confidence, simply following the trail through the twists and turns, listening to Dokutoru-san's steps and breathing and heartbeat as he followed her.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Standing over the tea table, Kurokku stared at the stone-turned girl. His face was emotionless as he examined her. Not moving. Not ever moving again. Turned to rock by the alien's "magic".

Dokutoru felt upset, but he had seen too much to let this get to him.

On the move again, Dokutoru pace by Omoi's side, his hand placed gently on her head. "A nose as strong as yours might be able to sniff her out." Dokutoru whispered. "She's been living in the cave for so long, I don't think anyone but you could differentiate the old scents from the new."

They were heading toward one of the few holes in the wall of the large room they were in. Each one leading to another part of the winding maze.

It wasn't long before the duo wandered into the entrance of the new part of the cave and stumbled upon water running down from a higher elevation and down into the depths of the cavern. It was like a waterfall, but at a lower angle; the water flowed smoothly across a rocky path of the cavern that when followed would lead the duo much further down. Torches still lit the path and reflected off of light stream of water that was Medusa's Cascade.

It was a pretty sight, but light did not reflect so nicely off of the several stone bodies that lay dormant along the path. Beautiful but eery. Or maybe sickening was a better word.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Next

Return to Demon Country