Limited time only! Tsuneh's AMAZING PLOTHAT

Links to different translators, or other aids for the site will be posted here. Users can come in this board to create his or her own tutorial for the rest of the site to look at and critique!

Limited time only! Tsuneh's AMAZING PLOTHAT

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Feel like stretching the old brain a bit, so if you want I'll make up a basic plot outline for your character or characters. For free!

You give me:

Name:

Village/Age:

BRIEF Combat Overview: (Only if you think this is important to you, otherwise I don't need it)

General Personality and the Like:

Do you have a set goal in mind? If so, what is it?:

Is there something in particular that has you stuck?:

Then I'll either give you something or ask clarifying questions.

I'll do these until I get bored, so you know. First come, and all that.

Have some code.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Village/Age:[/b]

[b]BRIEF Combat Overview:[/b]

[b]General Personality and the Like:[/b]

[b]Do you have a set goal in mind? If so, what is it?: [/b]

[b]Is there something in particular that has you stuck?:[/b]
Tsuneo
Old Man

Re: Limited time only! Tsuneh's AMAZING PLOTHAT

PostPosted by Hanya » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Lets see what ya got Tsu

Name:Karina Kishino
Village/Age:Sunagakure/17
BRIEF Combat Overview:Mostly equipment based tactics and relies on ninjutsu as a fallback.
General Personality and the Like:Karina is a hard working yet easy going person. She is dedicated to her work, but doesn't come off as a workaholic.
Do you have a set goal in mind? If so, what is it?: Joining the Suna Republic forces...but other than that nothing.
Is there something in particular that has you stuck?: General Suna Rp, never Rp'd there before. No idea what the setting, climate, anything is.

Have at it!
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Fang » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:23 pm

Lol I'll take anything your willing to give me.

Name: Takeo Uchiha

Village/Age:Yuki/15

BRIEF Combat Overview:Genjutsu, Loves throwing weapons/guns

General Personality and the Like: Kind-hearted, Calm, Analytical, Quiet, Caring.

Do you have a set goal in mind? If so, what is it?: Sadly, nothing as of yet.

Is there something in particular that has you stuck?: Can't decide on what to do with him. I can't seem to get a feeling of where I want him to go/do.
Fang

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Name: Makura Atrum

Village/Age: Yukigakure/18

BRIEF Combat Overview: Relies almost purely upon his clan's Meiton techniques, minor taijutsu.

General Personality and the Like: Mildly sociopathic, seems to have no reservations about executing or otherwise torturing his targets, whether for the sake of the mission, or for his own amusement. Extremely confident in both his own abilities and that of his clan. Doesn't speak much, and does his absolute best to keep his emotions veiled.

Do you have a set goal in mind? If so, what is it?: Most of my characters have been goody-goody, if not a bit willing to do bad things for a greater cause, as in Zihark's case. I want Atrum to grow into a monster, plain and simple.

Is there something in particular that has you stuck?: Still haven't quite worked out what keeps him in Yukigakure, or what his goal is, as opposed to my own.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Uchiha Sasuke » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Name: Toya Nanaya

Village/Age: Suna/18

BRIEF Combat Overview: Tends to stab stuff a lot. Not really important though.

General Personality and the Like: Super suave when not socially awkward emo. Tall, dark, and sexy.

Do you have a set goal in mind? If so, what is it?: Thinking about creating a powerful harem and uniting/conquering the world.

Is there something in particular that has you stuck?: No good RP partners. But I don't think you can help me there.
ImageBlack and white is boring, use as many colors as possible! - TEAMDYS
Uchiha Sasuke

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Hanya: Why does she like her work? What inspired her to become a shinobi in the first place?

Fang: How does he feel about being an Uchiha?

Arzur: Hmmm. Monsters typically have some sort of skewed viewpoint. They never feel they're doing anything wrong, but that their actions are either right or at the very least neutral. I guess the question is do you want him to in a direction of being the madman who thinks he's doing the right thing, or do you want him incapable of understanding why this horrifying stuff is horrifying - super-detached from his actions?

Palnyan: There is nothing I can do for you. Ever.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Fang » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Pretty Neutral, He hasn't heard much of the Uchiha, and he doesn't know any. He didn't even know about the Sharingan until recently. Also, From whatever he has heard of the Uchiha, he has heard that they were a cursed bunch, thats why they died out; for the most part, he tries to shrug it off, but it kind of bothers him when someone brings it up.
Fang

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Tsuneo wrote:Arzur: Hmmm. Monsters typically have some sort of skewed viewpoint. They never feel they're doing anything wrong, but that their actions are either right or at the very least neutral. I guess the question is do you want him to in a direction of being the madman who thinks he's doing the right thing, or do you want him incapable of understanding why this horrifying stuff is horrifying - super-detached from his actions?

I was thinking of having it be a bit like Heath Ledger's version of the Joker. I've always really liked Alfred's "Some men just want to watch the world burn" line concerning the character. Probably backed up by a complete detachment like you said.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Shadow » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:18 am

Name: Kyoushu

Village/Age: Otogakure / 13

BRIEF Combat Overview: moves tenketsu points out of body to blast enemy and control two puppets.

General Personality and the Like: Quiet, observant, however can get quite emotional over things.

Do you have a set goal in mind? If so, what is it?: Nope. Was going to join a special ops group called Kabuki, until the leader mysteriously disappeared(chiyoko went mia D:) if this helps.

Is there something in particular that has you stuck?: aint got nothin, just trying to get back into rping again. it's been a while mang.
"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." ~ Sheik
"It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time. The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go... This song is dedicated to the power of the heart." ~ Sheik
Shadow
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Art » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:27 am

Name: Mai Saihoushi.

Village/Age: Oto & 15

BRIEF Combat Overview: Weaponry! Mai doest really like using the normal saihoushi techniques... Instead she would much rather use her abilities to make/find/purchase really cool really awesome outfits, that have/grant really cool really awesome powers and abilities!

General Personality and the Like: She is very loyale and very stubborn. When someone becomes her friend she will never give up on them. She has a very strong sense of right and wrong, and hates dishonesty. She has the spirit of a fighter but thinks of her self as more of a defender. She doesnt like showing weakness (physical or emotional). She also has very little modesty and will often wear skimpy clothing or revealing clothing... ohyeah She also likes new cloths and outfits

Do you have a set goal in mind? If so, what is it?: Get lots of cloths and outfits! (Her purpose for creation was for combat testing)

Is there something in particular that has you stuck?: most aspects of character transformation have me stuck D:
Art
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Hanya » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:29 am

She is from a clan that prides itself on the power of hard work and are professional shinobi. She moved from Kasai to suna in order to put her skills to work somewhere where she could be of use.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:55 am

Fang: What motivates him to be a shinobi for Yuki?

Arzur: Hm, okay. So we have a couple of options here.

1. Quick way is to just have someone genjutsu blast his already delicate psyche. If you didn't want to long-plot it out, this is the way, lol.

2. Little bit of a longer way to do it is to have him captured by some sort of hideously barbaric group? Some sort of semi-sub-human clan that likes the torture and everything you're talking about. As a psychological self-defense, he'd probably adapt the same mentalities (especially since he's prone to them). Further, you can make him even scarier by having him rise to the top of the group, and then killing all of them in more horrifying ways than they even conceived. Definitely shows how awful he is.

3. Longer form, but if he could start believing that "morality" as he knows it results in bad things happening, he might lose grip on reality. Basically, he needs to start to believe in something or someone that leads him /away/ from his evil tendancies. Then, if that thing or person ends up creating a lot of pain, he loses all hope and just wants to use his power to create destruction, since all that is left is destruction. There are a LOT of ways to do a story like this, but two quick examples would be he finds somes sort of religious group and then he finds out that group does human sacrifices. Another would be meeting a person who tries to lead him to goodness but ends up finding out the person was manipulating them into doing something worse. If you want to go with this one, I can help you hash out the details.

4. This one might be a bit tricky to pull off, but generating some sort of association between violence and pleasure would do this too. Gets into some dark stuff to do that, but it's possible. Again, if you wanna go with this I can help you with a few ideas.

Shadow: Similar questions for you. He seems to be pretty talented for 13, how was he trianed? What motivates him to be a shinobi and fight for Oto?

Art: Hmmm...you've fallen into the Saihoushi trap! Lol.

Saihoushi are great becuase they have this dichotemy of being frivolous and seriosu at the same time, but right now I think your problem comes from the fact that you haven't really gelled the two together. You say she's serious and interested in combat: why? Why is she here in Oto fighting, when she could be back at the Saihoushi village making fancy dresses? What motivates her to go against what her entire family probably wants for her?

You're using my clan so I get to be extra picky about this, lol.

Hanya: Okay, you have a pretty early character at play here. You can pretty much do /anything/, so I think the key here is to find a partner? Once you have someone else to work on a plot with, it'll be easier to generate a specific path into getting into Suna. Think that might be possible?
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Hanya » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:25 pm

It could BE.....
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Hanya wrote:It could BE.....

Other option is to go back and add something. But generic non-angst soldier with no goal and no history is hard to generate a story for. It relies a lot on external events.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Hanya » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Thats true, though I figured the only way to make a personality for a rather new character would be to have them react to situations. Still, maybe I will add some more to her.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Next

Return to The Classroom