Exploration | Open

This forest is by far the most natural thing left on the country. It spans around the entire country, with only the center taken down to clear for the village. It is a beautiful place to walk in, even the animals within it are quite peaceful with rarely any deaths ever happening within it. It has become even ritual to send the youth into the village to gain a respect over what nature can create.

Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Hanya » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Image


The mosquitoes, the heat, the smell of the dirt. Everything made Hitomi's skin just crawl. Her flack jacket and headband, even the tights she wore offered her no protection from this jungle. Still, like every other Chuunin in the village, she had to go out into the jungle in order to get to know the floating island. Some had made a game of it, you could hear them laughing in the distance, some, like her friend Shura, had chose not to do it at all, and they would probably regret it later. Still, she wished she had some sort of company, if anything happened she was all on her own.

The hacking of her machete against the underbrush had made her arms tired and yet they glistened with sweat in a way that even she had to admit was kind of sexy, she would never let anyone else know she was looking at herself like that. On her hip, she had a canteen of water, and even though it was nearing empty, water, cold water especially, was not something she was in short supply of. Still, as she finally took a break, she downed the rest of the water before pulling out a map, so that she could at least know how far she had gone, and how far she would have to travel back.

As she looked over the map, she saw that she was nearing the edge of the villages territory. Anywhere outside of there wasn't really her concern, but they also had to map those things out eventually. She still had plenty of daytime, and her curiosity was getting the best of her, plus, from what the map showed, there was a stream somewhere near her. The fact that she had wandered for so much of her life, she didn't fear the outdoors or being out in unfamiliar territory, she was used to it. Normally she would have had Shura with her, but not always, and now, it couldn't be helped. She was going to explore, and shed just get back when she made it back.
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Knyves » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Lost. Again.

Kousen had a tendency for finding his way into peculiar situations and environments, all in the search of a thrill, yet, the most intriguing aspect of this particular journey wasn't so much the fact that he was on a floating island, but more that he didn't remember HOW THE CRAP HE GOT ON A FLOATING ISLAND! Running a hand through silky white hair, Kousen's gaze drifted between one tree and its exact clone, exactly ninety degrees and seven feet away from the previous. He had passed by one of them earlier. But then again, he could have sworn he'd seen that same tree two miles back.

Meanwhile, in a slightly more rational part of his mind, the shinobi youth began ticking off the possibilities. 1. He had fallen under Genjutsu. He'd negated this possiblity by performing a Kai, just in case. 2. The trees were moving. This was a possiblity, considering that Mokuton techniques had been rumored about since long before Kousen's birth, but as to why a ninja would go to so much trouble to confuse a wandering medic like Kousen escaped his grasp. 3. Probably the most likely, he was simply not meant to be a woodsman and couldn't find his way around. As a puppeteer, you'd think battlefield maps would be a bit higher priority for him, understanding the layout of the terrain and all that, but, as it turns out, directions and maps were not a strongsuit of this particular boy from a clan of messengers. He was just all sorts of not cut out for his clan. Must be traits from his father's side of the family... assuming he knew who his father was...

Anywho, back to getting even further lost! Picking a direction, quite randomly, Kousen began at a leisurely trot, his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his jacket. Carrying on this pace for... a bewildering ten to fifteen minutes, Kousen soon recognized the faint noise of water across rocks. Water was good. Water meant civilization! Civilization meant people to talk to! And people to talk to ought to know how to get off this floating rock! Assuming Kousen didn't decide he wanted to stick around and explore!

Trotting into the open without a thought for his safety, the boy exploded with a cheery, "Hello, pretty lady!" His casual glance revealed the girl, most notable feature, blue hair. Must have made it easy to spot her out here in the middle of nowhere, assuming Kousen had really been paying attention to his surroundings. Granted, the signs in his behavior up till now must have made it seem quite the opposite.

Dropping to his knees on the other side of the water, the boy dipped his gloved palms into the liquid scooping up some of the cool liquid in a smooth motion.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:15 am

She wasn't very surprised to hear another persons voice, she knew that there were other ninja out and about in the forest, but just the simple cheeriness of his voice, it startled her a little bit. Hitomi wasn't too much of a cheery person although she wasn't a melancholy person either, she just tended to keep her emotions in check so that she could focus on things. Still, she couldn't help but smile a little since this was the first person she had seen in hours. Since they were on a floating Island, she assumed that he was from the village, especially since she hadn't had a chance to meet many of the other shinobi yet. Maybe this would be a good chance for her to do that, and she wouldn't have to worry about Shura trying to get him drunk or sleeping with him either.

"Whats up... Getting yourself lost like the rest of us?"


As she walked over, she remembered she still had her machete in hand, to which she sheathed it, trying to appear as non threatening as possible. As she watched him drink from the stream she noticed his lack of a headband on his forehead, but simply put it off, remembering how hot it was, and that not everyone wore theirs all the time. She wasn't even used to wearing hers yet, she had tried it on almost 20 different ways before just going with the standard way.

Without much thought at all, she strolled to the middle of the stream, water walking easily one of her specialties from before her current timeline. While she dipped her canteen in the water, she looked at his face, his features, trying to possibly put some sort of description together about him, something to tell Shura about later. Something to remember him by. The easiest thing of course was his white hair, it probably stood out just as much as her blue hair, although she had seen far more white than she had seen blue. As she reached to cap the canteen she noticed something caught on the rocks, some sort of doll. Picking it up, she noticed it looked rather familiar... but she couldn't figure out why. Shrugging it off, she placed it in her pocket and walked a little closer to Kousen.

Within the cover of the thick grass and branches, a pair of eyes watched her, their gaze falling on the doll with a sense of pained longing.......
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Knyves » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:05 am

... Rest of us? There was more than her? Had he found his way to a world of blue-haired wonder?! Were they all female and cute?! Wait, that wouldn't make sense... There were certain rules of biology that dictated a species required males to survive in most cases... Maybe she was one of those amaphrolites or whatever they were called! ... ewww...

While all this train of thought chugged through his head, Kousen was silent, contemplating the best response. Ultimately all that came out was a chuckle and, "Something like that!" Pausing from his drink to scratch the back of his head, Kousen's curiosity found itself growing down a strange path.

"So... uhh... quick question! Are all of... you blue haired women?" Realizing that might have come across as offensive to someone of an... indeterminate gender... "I mean! You are a woman, right?"


OOC: Again, sorry, tryin' to get back in the swing of things, so it might take me a while...
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:05 am

Glass shattering. Fire raging. Thunder crackling. All of those could describe the Aura around Hitomi as she quickly eliminated the distance between herself and Kousen. Her Icy eyes locked with his, piercing him like needles, sending wave after wave of icy chill out. The look on her face was quite threatening, but the words that came out of her mouth next, they explained it all.

"What Do You Mean "I AM A WOMAN?" DO I not [badword] LOOK LIKE A WOMAN? HUH? What Kind of idiot are you! Questioning if im a woman...I ought to...."

It was only when she began to actually threaten him that she calmed down. In her rage she had forgotten about his first set of words. "What do you mean all of you? cant you tell i'm from the village? Wait... Are you even from the village?"

Her body tensed up a little, the feeling of being too close to potential danger being strong, but mixed with his weak reasoning skills, and obviously weak observational skills, the feeling was greatly diminished. She didn't like the idea of there being people undetected on their floating island, but the fact that she was so new to the village meant that she really didn't have any clue about the makeup of the surrounding forests. for all she knew there could be other small villages and settlements in there. It was definitely big enough for that.




The quick movements and loud yelling has startled whatever it was in the bushes that was looking at Hitomi and Kousen, yet the gaze remained the same, emotional, desperate, sad. A small rustle in the bushes and whatever it was was gone, fading back into the jungle for now.
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Knyves » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:29 am

As the he-woman stormed Kousen's personal space bubble, the youth began a desperate back-pedal, trying to force the very ground beneath his feet between the furious female and his own fragile form. In his hurry to defend himself from her assault, he flung fistfuls of water at her, splashing her in the face as he muttered and stammered.

"Ah, er, uh, well, I suppose, I mean, I've never seen one personally! A full anatomical examination, no no, no, you wouldn't like that!" On and on he prattled during her tirade, even continuing after she grew silent in the light of her newfound revelation.

"I mean, I guess there's no way to be a hundred percent sure, but if you'd consent to a blood test, I could check for a double X chromosome as opposed to some variant. Oh, but I don't have the equipment for that, it would take weeks to build! Perhaps you should just... no no, that wouldn't work either... What if I! Oh, no, that wouldn't help..."

Finally realizing she had changed topics, Kousen slowly and carefully pulled himself to a standing position. Running a hand through his hair, the boy's demeanor shifted, his eyes focusing down from their wide-eyed terror to a more focused, serious gaze.

"No, I'm not, just a traveler who happened to get lost. You mean there's actually a village on this flying rock?!" This was definitely something worth investigating! Maybe this village was the cause for the flying landscape, or maybe they had simply monopolized on an already existing resource and decided to use the floating fortress for their own gain. Either way, it was curious, and the people, or at least the sample he had found here, were certainly interesting. Then again, the sample size was rather small, there was no way to be certain about this demographic of people without expanding the sample size.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 am

Her forest grounded counterpart had managed to muble on uncontrolably, only further inciting his situation, but Hitomi was no longer paying any attention to that talk. SHe knew she was a female, that wasn't a questioon, but how this guy had gotten onto their flying island, that was the real situation. Even with all the bugs flying about, mosquitoes trying to bite her and all, she tried to figure out what to do next. Just the knowledge that there was a vilalge on the island might have been dangerous, but she hadn't said what kind of village. It could have been anything from a settlement to a city, it didn't have to be a ninja village, even though it was. Plus, if it was just him then there was no doubt that everything would turn out okay. That being said, she could just focus on their particular interaction, and maybe even help this guy find his way back to wherever he was.

"Yeah... theres a village here, nothing special though. So how exactly did you get up here....."

She left her words hanging, hoping for maybe a name to address him by. Even if they were complete strangers, manners were always a preference to rudeness.
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Knyves » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 pm

What an intriguing question... How had he gotten up here?! Kousen furrowed a brow in consternation as the gears went to work in his head, twisting back to an already hazy memory. It had seemed so important at the time...

"I think it may have been a catapult. No, no, it was definitely a trebuchet! Anywho, can't really be sure at this point! Name's Kousen!" Grinning like a madman, he shifted towards her, not ominously, but rather as a conspirator in some manner of mischief. "And what brings a lady such as you to this floating world?!" The way he emphasized the word lady was clearly for comical effect, based off the past few moments of conversation. Sure, there was still no verifiable data to support his hypothesis, but he was relatively convinced that she was indeed female.

Perhaps an extended period of observation would lend some backing to this conundrum. Either way, his ticket onto this rock would in no way help him down. Perchance the lady's method of ascension might be the means to his descension. Make no mistake, he was in no hurry to leave this veritable cornucopia of new sights to explore, nor was there a rush to return to the firmer terra firma, as this island still held many secrets that could be uncovered.

"Maybe after we've poked around for a bit, you can take me to civilization? Would they be able to get me down safely you suppose?"
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 am

A catapult.... A trebu... what is he... no way...

"You did not fling yourself from the ground all the way up here. I wish there was an edge that I could show you exactly how high up that is. Anyways, nice to meet you Kousen, My name is Hitomi. A FEMALE name!"

She wasn't sure whether she was still showing or not, and so she quickly zipped up her flack jacket to moderate cleavage levels, and began to walk on, down the edge of the water.

"Come with me and I'll tell you how I got up here. And yeah, there are definitely better ways than... catapulting yourself."

She still had the map in her pocket, but now that she was in the company of a foreigner she would have to keep it under wraps as much as she could. She could remember the general layout of where she was, and as long as she kept the stream in sight she wouldn't get lost, she would just follow it back here. Pulling out a kunai instead of her machete, she carved a large mark in one of the trees, a marker for her return journey.

"So, I came here by airship a couple months ago, a large airship in fact. It was filled with refugees from the water country, from the Island where Kirigakure used to be, from all over there. After the last attack on the island, the government gave up on that and simply decided to try something different."
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Knyves » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:38 pm

"Female name! Check!" Offering up a mock salute, the boy noted, with a scientific callous, the way she checked her modesty. It was a second thought, a brash personality. It also explained her behavior up till now. THe fact that she hadn't yet been concerned about her exposure to him showed a certain degree of boldness.

He watched as she marked the tree. Possible trap? Unlikely. All signs led to her as being kind and helpful, which gained even more validation as she told a brief history of how she got here.

"Interesting. Airship! I should have thought of that!" Slapping a palm against his forehead, Kousen smiled. She was being very helpful and informative, sweet girl. It was curious the way his mind worked, constantly switching from childish naivete to analytical genius and back again.

Making what he thought would be convenient conversation, she had given away part of her secret. Granted, the flack jacket had been an indicator as well, but still. "So, a kunai knife? That must make you a shinobi, right? Not just some refugee."
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:29 pm

"So, a kunai knife? That must make you a shinobi, right? Not just some refugee."

He must not have been any regular guy to know of shinobi, but her flack jacket probably had given it away. Still though, it was nothing she was ashamed of, though maybe a little discretion would be key, Afterall, she did not know him, and though he seemed innocent, innocence was not something that could be discerned by physical appearance or speech. in the world of shinobi decit was just as powerful of a weapon as any sword or any technique.

"A shinobi... Yeah i guess so. Once a shinobi always a shinobi."

The way she said it, it left plenty of questions to be had, lots of room for conversation, and they had plenty of time. The jungle insects had let up for a while, she hadn't had to swat anything since he had gotten there, an odd enough observation, but she just marked it off as coincidence. Still though, after all day of dealing with them, she felt it odd. and then she felt hunger. Thats what she got for thinking too hard, hunger pains.

Looking over at him she wondered if he was hungry too, after all, if he had somehow stranded himself there, he couldnt have been but so prepared.

"You hungry Kousen?"
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Knyves » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:21 pm

"A shinobi... Yeah i guess so. Once a shinobi always a shinobi."

As she replied, Kousen smirked a bit to himself as he followed dutifully along. Now that he was taking special note of her, it was pretty obvious that she was a ninja. Once a shinobi always a shinobi? If that were the case, she stayed in good condition. Her body was toned for combat still, and she hadn't let herself go like many retired shinobi he'd run across. Her eyes were intelligent, and she carried the tools. She still practiced her trade, even if she was no longer a member of Kirigakure's ninja forces. That was where she'd mentioned being a refugee from, right?

Anywho! On to food! She mentioned it, and now that his thoughts wheeled around, he realized it had been a while since he'd snacked. "Starving now that you mention it!" Of course, he'd failed to mention that he had a couple scrolls stocked full of non-perishable edible foods and that he could survive for weeks in the middle of a desert.

"Where are we gonna get some grub in the middle of this jungle though? Ooh ooh! Are we gonna trap and eat our own animals!?" Playing the part of an overly excited child, he bounced up and down clapping his hands together excitedly. He'd never really tried preparing his own food before! Typically he would stock up and wait till he reached another village, then stock up again. What an adventure to trap and kill their own meal!
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Exploration | Open

PostPosted by Hanya » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 pm

She nodded in agreement of what was to come. she hadn't actually seen any animals worth catching yet, but with all the noises she had been hearing, she was sure that something would be around. Technically, they could probably make a meal out of the plants around, she had seen some fruit trees so she expected there to be more, and they could possibly even fish since they were near a stream, but she kind of wanted to hunt. She hadn't really done much of that either on her own, only small birds and the occasional rabbit, but that was back home.

"So, what kind of animals have you seen around since you got up here. If we make a trap we have to know what we're trying to catch first."

It was a true observation, something every hunter had to know, tailor the trap and bait to the prey. Being a shinobi, it was something she had learned about people to, but it did always call for observation, and she was too hungry for that.

"Oh, and do you have anything to make a fire with? Just asking of course."
User avatar
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Terra
Gender: Male


Return to Gryphon Forest

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron