The Sparkling City. [Yuki Ball III]

At the heart of the great Snow Village sits Hyouden Castle, a great fortress chosen to be the Yukikage's fortress. Archeologists discovered its ruins almost by accident while the construction of the new ninja village was already underway. Reconstruction was approved by the Emperor for use by the Yukikage, and now the refurnished building stands as a testament to the marvels of old and new engineering combined in its architecture.Kage: Kuroudo Hyuuga - Kiyoshi

Re: The Sparkling City. [Yuki Ball III]

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:53 am

"Point at my faults or lack of communication otherwise as much as you wish, but do not come here and-"

"I am not blaming you," Zihark snapped in retort, grip tightening on the railing with a soft creaking of the wood. "And I did not come here to fight."

At the feeling of his barrier being breached, he turned, black lighting outlined by crimson flares springing to life around his right arm. At the sight of Kiyoshi, he relaxed ever so slightly, but upon spotting the child he had brought along, the former Tsuchikage's eyes narrowed dangerously.

"Monsters should be left in the ground," he growled, pushing past his partner-of-sorts and dispelling the barrier. "We will have words about this later, Kiyoshi... Lady Kodani, if you would wish to have a proper, civilized conversation away from prying eyes and walking corpses, I will be around. Send one of your servants to find me."

A grim look upon his face, Zihark stalked away from the gazebo, hands fumbling with his flask before finally raising it to his lips. Kiyoshi had crossed the line, and of that much, he was absolutely certain. Finding his way back inside, he took a seat against a wall opposite the band, eyes passing across the crowd.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Brera » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:09 am

Like nails to a chalk board the Nibi's voice sent an ice cold trickle down Kyoji's back. Twisting into a knot, his stomach began to contest the concoction which he so foolishly chugged down. Face painted white, he watched as all the color receded from his vision. Hearing quickly followed; the sound of the music and chatter merged into a single monotone hum. Within moments that chord had morphed into a bone chilling hiss.

The Nibi's hiss.

---

Rokubi's question brought a very good question to light. How was it that the Nibi had remained dormant for all this time. Looking at each other Aka & Ao spoke in perfect sync "That slithering snake of a man".
Shifting their attention from Rokubi to Kyoji, they feasted upon the sight of their far less adept host.
A child in all aspects of the word.
Watching as he struggled to retain a grip on his senses, they both stayed quiet. It wasn't long before Kyoji had nearly reached his limit. The glass he held in his hand rolled about the top of the table as he struggled to conjure the strength to from the table top.
Glancing at one another Aka & Ao locked eyes.
"If you help him, it's war!" Raged Aka, bearing his fangs
"If this continues he dies!" Ao retorted, dismissing Aka's act of aggression.
"The price he pays!"
"And what of us, what will become of us?! It's been ages since we've seen the light of the world. Do you wish to be sealed yet again?"
"-You speak of the dark as-"
"-I speak the truth! It could be ages before we are awoken once more. Brother I beg of you-"
"HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

---

Tilting on it's axis, the world became skewed. Toppling over, Kyoji found himself falling in slow motion. His perception shifting in and out of the ethereal plane. And with it, the colors of the world. Only being able to fathom a small glimpse of what he was exposed to, the image of two sets of large radiant eyes (One set Crimson Red other Ocean Blue) shook him to his very core. Falling off the table he landed on his hands and knee's. The revitalizing shock of pain was enough to stabilize him for the moment.

"Eh... what?!" Looking back at the young girl he took a moment to process what had just happened.
What he had just seen.
"Think I drank too fast-" Springing to his feet his eyes passed over the area. First meeting with anyone who'd seen his little "incident"
then across the room in hopes of spotting Nyoko. Who just so happened to be nowhere to be seen.
"Oh. Otogakure..." Using the table to support himself he turned his back to the crowd. Eyes focused on the lavashly decorated walls of the ball room. "and yourself?! Where are you from again?" Had she mentioned it? Did he miss something? He wasn't sure of anything right now. Not anymore.

---

With Omoi in company Nyoko retained his light presence, even if not on the dance floor, but in simple chat. Cutting loose of his usual demeanor and giving into the nights festivities once again. Sipping down some more wine he listened to Omoi's dilemma before chiming in.

"Have you gathered any subject?" His eyes sharpened as he glanced pass his partner in science. The Giggi Splice within his body had begun to grow restless. Unlike prior meetings with Omoi they weren't interested on her reptilian flesh... but something far more foreign to this world.
"When duty calls their's not much that can be done. Case and Point."
Stepping off to the side, Nyoko stood beside Omoi. Raising his glass, he gestured towards Kyoji who stood at the tables. "The sole and only reason I am standing before you tonight." His voice was laced with a hint of irritation. "Don't misunderstand me. I was very delighted to see you after all this time."
Finishing the glass of wine, he placed it atop a tray of a server as they walked by. Plucking his pocket watch from it's residence he glanced at the time briefly. "...that boy. His name is Kyoji, Nukarumi Kyoji, his clans Kekkei Genkai is quite something. Coupled with- " Eyeballing the nearly full glass of wine in his hand he paused.

When had he picked up a second glass?

Focusing on Kyoji, let his eyes scan over his body. Not good. Kyoji was starting to become unstable and burdened by the presence of the others.
"Excuse me Omoi. Duty calls it seems." Briskly making his way across the floor, he closed in on Kyoji.
Last edited by Brera on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Tolkien » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:58 am

Gainon was rather amused at the young man's lack of control after what he said about his parents. He was toying with his head and it was apparently working. Gainion checked mentally on Niko as he could feel his heightened fear protruding out through him. He was met by a strange little girl which brought about a slight grin.

Alot sooner than expected, but it seems he has arrived..

Gainon focusing his attention back to Tolkien allowed the young Hyuuga to compose himself before speaking again.

"How can you even have any feeling toward them? Well your mother I can understand, but your father, you never even met him. He died before you were even...."

The slight calmness subsided from Tolkien after that comment...Tolkien stood up to face Gainon after that.

"Shut up!! Don't tell me how I should feel about them!! And don't ever speak of them in that manner ever again!!"

Gainon stood up in a very suprising serious manner. The 6'4 man stood straight up staring at the 6'2 Tolkien's hyuuga eyes. The two stared each other down as if sizing each other up. He walked up closer to Tolkien at eye level.

"There's a lot that you don't understand...boy...and I have known your mother longer than you and I knew and fought your father..you are at a disadvantage here, I know EVERYTHING about you and your abilities....I even know things about you that you don't even know about yourself. But You know very little of mine or the power and potential I wield...fighting me would be unwise, not to mention it will attract other powerful members and believe me they will take my side over yours...I have much influence in this world. You are nothing but a half breed born from a distasteful union between two clans."

"Enough of your talk...go ahead and test this "half breed's" power.."

A smirk came out of Gainon's mouth..

"Pitiful...even with your hyuuga eyes, I can still see your mother in those eyes..she had so much potential...wasted away by that hyuuga..a shame..We can be uncivilized and attract more attention then we have already done Tolkien and fight this foolish fight, or we can sit down and I can discuss more on this..your choice...either way I win...

Tolkien noticed the way Gainon mentioned his mother as if there was some deep history between the two. Come to think of it, In the past Gainon shyed away from any conversation involving his mother. Tolkien took a deep long sigh. Unfortunately Gainon was right and as much as he wanted to end this once and for all, he needed to be mindful of his clan and keeping peace. Plus, he still hadn't gotten any of the answers that he wanted from Gainon concerning his parents. Tolkien backed down sitting.

"you win...now tell me why you did what you did concerning them and...what happened to my Mother.."

It was almost blasphemous for the proud Hyuuga to sit there and allow this man to be standing after admitting he was responsible for his parents demise. But he had to be mindful of where he was. Gainon was definitely succeeding in playing with his head. From now, on no matter what GAinon said, Tolkien would keep his composure. There would come a time, but now it wasn't the time for it. For now, it was time to listen and plan.

"Good..now that we are back on track.."

Gainon sat back down as well. Sheena was calm still drinking out the bottle of wine. Still disappointed from not getting a dance from Gainon earlier..

"When your mother and that hyuuga father met, we were in the middle of a major war. Unlike the tired long alliance you have known between Konoha and Kumo, in the past we were bitter enemies and in contrast there was no greater enemy to the Imani clan of Kumokagure than the Hyuuga clan of Konoha. The Hyuuga and the Imani were the perfect enemies whose abilities contrasted the other. The Hyuuga could see through anything and with their jyukken which could close tenketsus, the Imani, masters of Chakra control and precise Chakra manipulation, along with the powerful power of Gravity could counter their jyuuken and were a handful for the Hyuuga for their equal close combat techniques and massive chakra capacity. Hyuuga were equallly a handful because of their eyes and uncanny speed along with their defensive prowess..When your mother Gwenda met your father, he was leaking secret information to your mother which was a help for us, but then it was soon apparent that Gwenda was doing the same. Their supposed "love" was more than that but also a methodical attempt to destroy both the Hyuuga and Imani inside out and eventually cause a problem for Konoha and Kumo. When the war ended and the alliance began between the two villages, this really became a problem."

"How is that posssible? This was never mentioned to me. Kenta knew nothing of this. Nor anyone else in the clan. The spoke good of my Mother she would never do something like that. The whole act was done by you, Seku, and ANBU ROOT."

"Oh really? You are right about the people in it, but I didn't just act out of randomness, I was assigned to it. Our assassination of your father was a joint operation between ANBU ROOT and our own Kumo Special forces at that time.

WHAT!?

Tolkien said to himself. This was getting stranger and stranger with each turn.

Niko was confused as this strange girl just came out of nowhere wanting to play with him. Normally he would not be entertained by games such as this, however with his mind rattled at the thought of Rafiki potentially being outside waiting for him and Gainon's subliminal threats this would perhaps be a good way for him to pass up time and calm himself down.

"Umm..what...what is your name and what game do you have in mind?"

The girl spoke playfully still giggling..

"My name's Nini.."

"Niko.."

"I want to play a game Niko, but there are too many adults here...maybe we should go outside..

Niko glanced toward the way of the exit nervously.

"No..."

Niko said flatly. The girl Nini then grabbed his arm dragging him out toward the exit.

"But it will be fun, and it won't be long. None of the grown ups want to play with me it is just so boring."

"I said no.."

Niko said this almost forcingly and with aggression. Why was this girl so wanting to go outside? And where were her parents? The little girl gave up and made a frown, but then as if another idea came to mind she grabbed his arm again.

"Okay....hey I know we can play hide and seek. It will be fun and it will be much harder to find each other cause of all the grown ups around."

Niko gave in..he didn't want to do this and this girl was weird and annoying, but he had no choice she would keep on nagging him until he would do it. Besides it wasn't outside, so it wouldn't be a problem.

"Okay...Nini..I am in.."
Last edited by Seijitsu Kodani on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Line stretched the page out a bit
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Spike » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Every motion he took seemed completely fluid, moving through the crowd without having to push or shove, simply manoeuvring like water in a running stream. He stopped only as he saw Tsuuki, gladly taking the offered cigarette, tucking it behind one ear as he continued on, smirking lightly as he heard Tsuuki's words played in his head. True, Supaiku had never been one for disguise, it simply wasn't flamboyant enough for his tastes. While Tsuuki attended to the new BOLT commander, Supaiku continued to wander through the crowd, apparently forgetting his previous destination. Gently his head motioned around, scanning the area around him and taking everything in as his hands tucked comfortably away into his pockets. It had been awhile since he felt so calm and could simply observe.

It wasn't until Raika gripped his frame into a hug that he shot back to attention, only becoming aware then that he had been looking former. "Everyone keeps sayin' that." The blade replied casually before the dragoness spun him gently to move out of the way of a pair of dancers. Before he knew it his hands were dragged from the comfort of his pockets and guided to Raika's frame as she gently led him into a slow dance. Grimacing slightly as his head dropped to look at his feet Supaiku began to grow slightly uncomfortable. For good reason too.

He couldn't dance.

His body was tuned to fight and not for formal events such as these, glancing towards other couples dancing he began to copy their movements, able to only use the basic footwork that beginners to the art of dance could muster. Thankfully, Raika's question gave his mind a chance to focus on something else than his inexperience in something he saw little point in.

"You know that would be dangerous for you and us." He muttered as his duel hued gaze moved back to Raika's. Grimacing slightly as he realized he was distancing himself again, something of a defence mechanism. "We've been fine, busy to say the least. After cleansing Kumo we moved on to other matters. Still plenty of work to do." Obviously he wasn't quite sure to say, it was uncomfortable talking to such an old friend yet not knowing quite what to say. His body was coiling like a spring, trained muscles tensing as his mind moved more like sludge than clockwork.

Supaiku had wished to avoid confrontations like this, it had been too long since he had done anything but hunt and kill. Social graces had long since dwindled with him. He wasn't equipped was finely with etiquette as Tsuuki to handle these fancy conventions. How have you been? I haven't kept up to date with my contacts in Raikou but I do know quite a lot has changed. Perhaps too much.[/b]" Supaiku began as he began to take the lead in the dance as best he could, using steps copied from various dancers around him. His gaze kept wandering as he continued to registered flares of strong emotions around the castle, his senses had raised immensely since taking his beasts power for himself and he hadn't quite mastered how to block out the constant awareness of everything within radius of him. It was never that bad on Rolling Thunder where peace and quiet dwelled, but here it was down right annoying.

"Something is going to happen tonight..." He spoke in almost a whisper, seeming almost eager for everything to kick up so he wouldn't be so on edge.

If you fall down seven times, stand up eight.
It isn't a matter of life or death, it's about what breaks first; your will or the barriers in your way.

Spike
The Daftpunk [Who the hell do you think I am?]

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Raika laughed softly, leaning in close to murmur in her old friend's ear, "Now when did danger ever become too much of an issue just to meet up, after all the dangers we've already faced?"

And then she drew back, smoothly following the slow rhythms of the dance. Discomfort, tension, awareness... apparently the dance floor was an unpleasant battlefield for Supaiku.

"How have you been? I haven't kept up to date with my contacts in Raikou but I do know quite a lot has changed. Perhaps too much."

Too much indeed. Raika's brown eyes unfocused, submerging herself in her thoughts for a moment....

"Something is going to happen tonight..."

Her friend's quiet voice brought her back to the present, his gaze wandering constantly, and finally Raika sighed softly and snapped her fingers in front of his face, watching with dry amusement as his attention snapped to her accordingly.

"Hold my gaze, relax a bit, stop trying to pay so much attention to everything around you. Our instincts are sharp enough that if anything happens, we won't have to be on edge right now to face it," she chided with an odd mix of gentle sternness. Her free hand returned to his shoulder, brown eyes focusing on blue and green... before her gaze softened, suddenly tired.

"It's feeling like I'm the only one still in Kumo from back in the old days... well. That isn't currently stone." She grimaced briefly. "That birdbrain's still in there somehow, I can see his chakra, but we haven't been able to figure out how to reverse the process so far.... And I tend to prefer talking to people who can talk back, but the people I trust enough to open up to are few and far between now. Makes it kinda lonely back home, despite being surrounded by so many people." She chuckled a bit at the irony.

Annnnd off Nyoko-san went.

Well.

Now she could go see what Otoha and Tsuuki-sama and Hachimon were up to.

The sapphire-haired beauty slipped through the crowd with ease, scenting tension in her targets--

"Your village will burn. I don't know how. I don't know why. I don't know when. All I know is that, beyond any shadow of a doubt, it will. The things I've heard have never been wrong. Let it happen, and it happens. Try to stop it, and it happens. I can't tell you how to stop it, and I can't tell you what I don't know."

A faint voice, inaudible to the crowd around her, but it was enough to make Omoi pause... and then she continued along, pausing by the doorway to the balcony and murmuring, "Mind if I join you?"

Tsuuki-sama and Otoha would hear her if they were paying attention, of that she had no doubt. And Tsuuki-sama at least would always be paying attention, and her beloved probably noticed her approaching scent....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:15 am

The two heads turned on one another, feuding over how their imprisonment within their host should be dealt with--and as expected of two minds for one body, their opinions were radically different. Onmoraki, the proper name for her, narrowed her eyes within the socket of the skull-like headpiece as an entertained chuckle rumbled from within. "Wonder I which one of you would argue 'two heads are better than one,'" the six-winged demon prodded her kin. Senses indicated that the host was suffering from it, tumbling around as his body was racked with high pulses of demonic willpower, and she pondered briefly how far she'd need to push to cause an eruption.

Before mischief could turn its gears, the Rokubi felt her presence being pulled away, like smoke out an open window. Her own host was beckoning her, and while fun was still to be had she did not resist. It was clear to her upon sealing into Tsuuki that his control over chakra was his strong suit, which made it possible for her own conscience to leave him for exploration; however, it could also make it impossible to have any freedom at all if Tsuuki wanted, and the Rokubi would find herself uncomfortably cramped in her host as the Nibi appeared to be. "My brothers, twas short but now I shall disembark from your . . . cozy confinement here. However, take my word that we will meet again," her voice slithered over the sands, "Find me later, brothers, for I can set you free." And her light faded into the twisting sands in the sky, shrinking through the crowd and away. Her time away from Tsuuki was over for now, but it had not been spent completely without gratitude to her host. Seeds were sown.

The sensation was not alien, but distant like a forgotten friend; the acidity flowing through his limbs hearing the Yuki prince speak so repugnantly of Kumogakure, tempting to draw back his fist and curtail the boy with a punch to the teeth. The bat master had not gotten so far without controlling rage, and he was humble enough to realize the significance of the anger: denial. It was as if Tsuuki agreed with Koji on some level, to him destruction of the world as they knew it was inevitable, but that did not mean Tsuuki--as well as his allies--would not get their fair swing at stopping fate. Just then he felt his senses rise and the buzzing sensation of the Rokubi's presence reentering him, just as another joined their balcony scene. By her voice and figure read by his ears, he knew it was his own former student Omoi Ryuujin, and he gestured for her to enter with a hand behind his back, keeping his masked face on Koji. His mind whispered a wonder on whether she would completely recognize him, as he remembers wearing his BOLT mask for all their interactions.

Tsuuki cooled his boiling blood with a deep drag from his pipe, not the slightest bit of reaction crossing his face as he let the prince finish while smoke drifted out from within his beard. He nodded a few times stoically, pacing slowly and reading in Koji's frightened body language. As tough as the boy wanted to be, Tsuuki could sense his fear better than if Koji was wearing a sign around his neck. And he could feel something else now, too, with the Rokubi's attention realigned with his own--but he would need a proper "view" to be sure. The bat sage turned and moved closer to Koji suddenly without moving his feet, as he had not been pacing at all but instead floating; his pipe remained behind him, suspended in thin air. "We're not as different as you think--I know how cliche it sounds to hear that, but I wager a certain similarity between us is as peculiar as it is uncanny," Tsuuki said peacefully, and reached up from behind and over his own head, gripping his mask from underneath and pulling away.

Dim light shone from the exposure, radiating from his right eye--and at that very moment, set in the sky was the full moon. The eye was an exact replica, scattered darkness and all, and glowing just as bright beneath his brow. His other eye was under a leather-strapped eyepatch that went around his head, the lens not only completely black but seemingly fathomless, like space, and all the same outshone by the shine of the right eye.

"I don't expect you to tell us what you don't know, Master Koji," Tsuuki said with unsettling calmness, "I expect you to tell me everything you do know." He kept his face still, shimmering eye unflinching as the Rokubi pressed to get an understanding of what lied beyond Koji's eyepatch. The Rokubi's senses also led Tsuuki to find that even if the prince was mistaken, he was not lying, and that was concerning.

The bat sage straightened up, his hands had been behind his back with mask in hand since its removal, and he turned his head to one side of the balcony. His hearing channelled a conversation from the gazebo, which had been previously blocked by a field until a new presence opened a hole in it like a tent flap. Two important parts stuck to him: ". . . memories about the...thing...inside of her.""Osae..." Tsuuki simply turned his face back to Koji, pitying him for such a complicated life at such a young age but wearing none of this sympathy on his face.

"What we want to know is: exactly what did you hear, and from whom," he asked gravely. "I assure you this is in everyone's best interest, for if Kumogakure were to burn. . . Yukigakure would already be ashes."

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Hanya » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:02 pm

he had been floating in and out of consciousness, still unsure of where he was or how he got there, but Ian was around people that he could say he trusted with his life, or at least he trusted with the safety of his country and their people. As the events unfolded around him, he was somewhat delighted to know that he was in the presence of two of Kumo's greatest treasures as well, though they were technically outlaws. The man who had offered him a drink, to which he had easily obliged though he had never drank, was one of, if not the sole founder of Bolt, the organization that Ian had tried for what felt like weeks earlier, but in reality was much longer. He was credited with most of the procedure that had kept Kumo so safe, and to the best of his knowledge had overseen the teaching of the operatives that he had met.

He had noticed a bladed figure when he woke up, and now on further inspection, he had remembered him from the invasion of Kumo, his first real taste of war. He knew the man was strong, incredibly so, but he didn't have a name to go with the face. A he had made his way out he saw a few more Kumo faces, which led him to believe he was still in the village even though he didn't recognize anything. It was only until they had stepped outside that he knew that to not be the case. While the others were talking Ian was taking in the view. Dazzling lights and frozen fountains lined what seemed to be a courtyard, vines crawling up a white trellis that was surrounded by snow. The sheer amount of white outside, snow and all, and the lack of the trademark mountains solidified Ian's assumption that he was, indeed, not in Kumo anymore.

A normal person might have been scared, hysterical even, but something about the peacefulness of everything, something about the fancy air that the people he had seen were putting on, it all mad him relax. Being uptight wouldn't solve his issues, he wouldn't learn anything any faster being that way than any other way. In fact, he might miss something if he dwelt on things like that too much. Besides, Otoha had told him it was a long story, which he assumed meant that he knew what was going on. That made him relax more.

Slowly tuning back into the conversation, Ian was given his first piece of information. THere was a boy infront of him, a little younger but not much, who was introduced as the Prince of Yuki. He had heard of the place before, a ninja village hidden in a vast expanse of snow. He didn't know much about it other than that, but the amount of snow around certainly fit that description, though the decadence exceeded any village he knew of. He made a mental not, putting down Yuki as a possibility of where he was, though the amount of Kumo people around made that somewhat unlikely to him. A moment later he was being introduced to the prince, though the man who had introduced him clearly didn't know his name in the faintest. Ian chuckled a little, and would have corrected him if the tone of the conversation hadn't changed suddenly. Supposedly, at some point This kid had said something about Kumo burning. Just the thought made Ian seethe a little bit, but of course he kept his temper, opting to hear him out instead of saying or doing anything rash. Clearly if the more powerful and experienced shinobi were being calm, he could afford to do the same.

He kept his nerves and listened, intently, as the boy seemed to speak with a clairvoyant tone. In the world of shinobi not too many things were strange, but seeing into the future was one of them, and it was always surrounded by skepticism. Still though, what he had said, though hard to hear, was quite possibly the inevitable fate of all shinobi villages, that one day they would be attacked, and hat they would not always be able to win. It had happened before, though they had survived, and it was stupid to say that it couldn't happen again. What Ian was relieved about though, was that it was not a threat, but more of a warning, and that this kid was not particularly plotting to destroy their village. Still, it seemed as though the masked man had more to ask of the boy, and in a unique fashion, he sought to ask it. He removed the mask he had, and his bat like ears were even more prominent, Ian recognizing them as belonging to one of Kumo's many clans, though one he was relatively unfamiliar with. He could only look on as he began to do something, some sort of dojutsu, and he spoke to Koji. Was he transfixing him, trying to hypnotize him into giving more information, or was he doing something else? Ian could only wait and watch.

Hitomi sat on the table with Kyoji, enjoying his company, but she could tell that he had been having quite a bit too much to drink. He was wavering and wobling, and eventually fell of the table, to which she laughed a little, but then he somehow managed to respond to her question, though it was quite delayed, his words slurred almost beyond recognition, and there were faint traces of hissing in his speech. Still, she responded to his return question, telling him a simple, "Sora", before standing up her own self. Though the room was hazy and lagging, her balance and preception were still just fine, though admittedly delayed.

"It was nice meeting you Kyoji, but i have to go find my...escort for the night. I wouldn't want them thinking I ran off after all."

She didn't want to leave him like that, he was clearly drunk, but she couldn't be around kids too long, and she definitely wasn't babysitting anyone. She quickly made her exit, gliding across the room to grab her date, who still seemed like she had just left, though quite some time had passed. He was sitting at a table, talking to his friends, and she simply sat down next to him, not interrupting him. She reached for her jug of sake, attempting to entertain herself, only to find that it was gone. She had left it at the table with Kyoji. Since she had just sat down it was nothing for her to get up again, and she excused herself, in an attempt to go retrieve her libations.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm

How many hours had it been? Kurado had lost track of time. It wasn't often he got to relax. Normally, he would have been by Seijitsu's side for most of the Yuki Ball, but the amount of guards had increased for this event. Thanks to White Ops, the palace was secure. Not a sign of trouble, it seemed like. A rare occurrence. Nothing good seemed to come of these annual parties.

Fireflies were very much active by the pond outside of the Hyouden castle. Their lights were a part of attracting a mate. The brightest light attracted the most fireflies, perhaps? He wasn't entirely sure how it worked.

A wooden bench was where the monster hunter had been seated for the past... however long. "So peaceful." He sighed, a hand moving to itch the scared side of his face from the fires that engulfed the right side of his body during the last Yuki Ball. A painful reminder of why Kurado had to put his work before anything else.

Another reason Kurado kept his distance was due to his... awkwardness around Seijitsu. He still couldn't help but feel responsible for the loss of her child and the events that transpired. So he sat in peaceful silence for the moment.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Saga » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:59 am

I'm more than just an option . . .

First one step, then two, then a third, and finally the last. The normal gait that he typically took was one in which he'd actually been forced to relearn. Why had he chosen to come again? "To remind them of why it was that you were banished before men." Oh yes, correct. The voice of the one beside him had proven very valuable during the rather long trek across the elements. To what did he actually owe any of them his presence? "Nothing, nothing at all but a nudge from time to time works wonders." That they did. Right again the companion had proved to be. The cart had dropped them off in front of the grand entrance to the castle, the greater fortress. Hadn't he known the first one of their leaders? "Yes you did and he was a cherished friend to you. Sadly he passed away a long, long time ago."

Oh? Sad, truly saddening. Even more sad was how fuzzy the memory now was. A Hyuuga, that much was apparent from the flash of the white eyes in his minds peripheral visions of the past. Ugh, memory blocks were so challenging to deal with. Why couldn't he just release the floodgates and just get it over with. "Because that would do more harm than good. Trust me, it's better this way, you'll see." Oh . . . well, if that was the case. Why exactly were they here, at this time? Why not later when there would be less prying eyes. "They'll see, and they'll remember. It's all we'll need for now. Then you can go rest." Heh, it seemed like this man held all the answers. Halting his advancements, he turned around to stare at the carriage as his companion seemingly absorbed the wooden device. Eh? How unnatural. The words had barely appeared in his mind before it was being answered.

"It may seem strange to you now, but in time you'll remember and you'll do far grander things." Really? Now that was convenient. Then again, how was it that he hadn't once opened his mouth but this . . . fellow . . . had answered his every question."Because you and I are linked in a way beyond most others comprehension." So, could he . . . "Yes, just do it." Ok, that was starting to get really, "Annoying. Please stop." he spoke, finally forming words through his lips with an oddly stiff tongue. No wonder he'd opted to just think his thoughts instead of verbally expressing them. "If you insist, but you'll have to actually stop thinking so much and actually do that which you came to do." Err, that being? Wait, he was doing it again. "What am I to do? My memory is a bit, clouded it would seem." Sighing, his companion rather purposefully used the palm of his open right hand to slap his face.

Refuse to be forgotten . . .

"Live my old friend. Live and let die." Ok. Seemed easy enough. Or rather, his companion made it sound easy enough. Not too fast, and not too slow. One foot in front of the other, right and left, inhale and exhale. Whew, by the time they'd actually made it to the entrance of the edifice, he was more tired of having to think about the actions that he really wasn't supposed to be thinking about ;but which he really couldn't help it considering that he really didn't know what he was doing here of all places, anyway. Gah! Even his thoughts were stretching on farther than they needed to. Assuming a step behind the many others who seemed to know exactly where they were going, for whom and with whom, they were going. His earthy tone features belying his heralding legacy of birth and creation, his branded curse. Wait, names. They needed names.

The lady had asked for a name and here he was so caught up in thought in his thoughts and looking at the very large bust of that one lady that heeeeeeeeeeeee'd . . .
"Sir Inu and his companion Mokuzou." Oh yes, that was his name. Wait, that was a given name for him only. Only his given name. What about his ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~ The intricately designed, well furnished, exultantly set and expansively released . . . Oh but if only he could see color. Then perhaps he could fashion a thought to place the craft maker of such diligently thought out desires. His rather fitting, neatly tailored freshly pressed snow white old world Kage-like robes seemed to barely contain the clearly awed man within them. Oh, but there was more. The various ones around him seemed to be caught in the same scene of it all but none to the extent of this clearly lost soul. To some he might have seemed familiar, but to others he'd simply be another face in the very large crowd. Fashionably late, sporting a clearly decades old fashion sense of matching sash around his eyes, and . . . now being snatched by equally dressed though strangely equally looking friend to a less conspicuous place. Twins they were not but something akin to family they were. Though the question remained, who?

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

"Inu, Inu Baretto . . ."
"Was that, me?"
"No."
". . . "
"That is you."

ImageImageImage
Saga
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tolkien » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:17 am

"What do you mean?"

Tolkien asked concerning this. He asked wondering why would Kumo be involved in this as well. Tolkien still having his byakugan activated noticed a strange yet familiar figure appear at the ballroom. Tolkien's advanced detection and ability to sense others around him were so great that it seemed automatic when he noticed the new presence, on top of the fact that he was doing this between discussion with Gainon.

WHAT?! Barret Gou!? WHERE HAS HE BEEN ALL THIS TIME?

Tolkien had the pleasure of meeting Barret and even fought alongside him at a time. However, it had been quite a while and his sudden appearance was rather disconcerting and strange. He wasn't sure exactly why, but he felt that seeing the guy might not be a good thing. As he refocused his attention to Gainon he noticed that Gainon had not answered his question yet, but rather had a look of seriousness, Tolkien forgot that the man had the ability to read others minds, and it was at that slight moment noticing Barret that he dropped his guard mentally and Gainon taking advantage took the brief moment to read his mind and what he heard brought sweet music to his ears. Of course Gainon showed no expression to Tolkien, with Tolkien not knowing if he heard his thoughts briefly or not.

Inu Baretto....Been quite a while...unfortunately however bad timing. For now, I will stay silent on his presence. I do not wish to reveal any of THAT personal history between myself to Tolkien or anyone else, unless I have to of course.

Gainon would neither show his presence to Baretto nor hide himself either. He would let chance happen. He then responded to Tolkien's question after the brief pause.

"I meant exactly what I said...I was assigned to assassinate your father and your mother. Your father was planning on assassinating the Leader of the Hyuuga at that time and at the same time your mother was giving information to him aiding him in doing this. ROOT and our special force both had desire to rid of these two threats. Seku however didn't know this, he only knew of ROOT being invovled, he did not know that I was a part of Kumo's secret force. Of Course, Danzou knew of this, however did not feel the need to let Seku know however..."

Tolkien shook his head. This was definitely a lie, he knew it. Somehow however this man used ROOT and his secret Kumo group, whatever that was, to hide his true intentions. Tolkien knew of the stories of his father from the older members of his eagle clan. his father would never do what this man was telling him. He then caught on to the fact that Gainon was assigned in making sure his mother was to be assassinated as well.

"So that is what happened to her? YOU had her killed as well.."

Gainon, who had a serious expression since Barret's arrival brought about again another smile.

"No...I arranged for something else..I couldn't bring myself to kill her...I..."

His expression then turned cold once more as if taking back a memory..

"She...Gwenda is gone Tolkien, there is no way for you to get her back."

"I will be the judge of that...WHERE IS SHE!?

"I don't know.."

Tolkien got up quickly in anger grabbing Gainon by the collar, however Gainon, surprisingly calm placed a finger up as if to tell Tolkien to hold on. Tolkien blinded by rage didn't even care that a kunai in the hands of Sheena was at his throat while he grabbed Gainon.

"She was captured and quietly taken out of Konoha to a prison camp in Earth country. However it was mysteriously destroyed... and all those prisoners within either escaped or died in the explosion. It was rather out of my hands once I arranged the capture. I am rather still searching for her myself...but to no avail.."

Tolkien let go of Gainon as he calmed down.

"Okay Niko, I will go first so you go hide okay?"

"uhh...okay?

As the strange little girl named Nini closed her eyes, Niko took the opportunity to get away as far as possible from the little girl. He didn't want to be rude, but he was not much of a social person also this girl just appeared out of nowhere and made him uncomfortable. There was too much going on right now for him to be playing "hide and seek".

"three.....four.....five....six........"

Her voice faded as he went farther and farther away from the area. Walking next to a strange man with weird bat-like ears. Niko stared at them briefly before realizing he was staring. It was fascinating yet strange for him. He had never seen someone like that before. He could only imaging how good the bat-sage's hearing probably was. He definitely couldn't hide near him. His weird ears would attract attention. He walked a little further away until he felt a sudden tag on his back. Niko shocked looked back to see it was Nini, who was smiling quite strangely. her almost too goody happy nature was rather disturbing...not to mention how the girl quickly found him in that manner. It was almost as if she was a ghost. Niko practically ran to get away from the area in the midst of the crowd, yet this girl got to him in less than a minute.

"She must be...really...fast.."

Nini continued giggling and then pointed at him.

"Okay Niko...now it's your turn to count and find me okay?

Niko gave in. Maybe this scenario might work better. He could act like he can't find her and be done with it. Niko closed his eyes starting his count.

"No peeking!! Make sure your eyes are really closed okay?

Niko nodded his head and kept his eyes closed shut

..........seven....eight....nine....ten...alright here I...."

It was then he felt a cold tap on his shoulder and slight pant of wind across his neck. a damp mildewy smell followed it. This strangeness startled Niko who then opened his eyes. When his eyes opened...he was no longer at the ball, but somewhere else entirely. The area was nothing but white and there was no walls and no ending to the new place that he was strangely transported too.

"What....is this!?...I can't be here, it's not possible....has to be a genjutsu of some kind."

Niko tried his hardest to concentrate his kai and to release. In an instant he appeared to be back at the ball but.......he could not move nor speak. Well he couldn't move freely that is. His legs were moving on their own with the little girl Nini at his side holding his arm to the side directing his directed movements. Niko's heart skipped a beat realizing who the girl was as they started walking across the ball room heading toward the exit. Nini sounded like the same little girl as before, but her mannerism was not very "child-like"...it was more like that of a monster..

"Niko..It is impossible to run from me..the dead have called to me to find you and they rejoice now that we have reunited. You were a mistake that came by neccessity, but I will soon correct my mistake."

Niko was helpless as he was dragged closer and closer to his doom. It was extremely frustrating, he didn't know what kind of jutsu the witchdoctor pulled on Niko, but it was extremely strong. Or rather it might not be a genjutsu or more of something of a physical jutsu that was done to him. He could only think aloud in his head..He tried to scream out, but it was to no avail

ROSE OF MAY!!

ROSE OF MAY!!!!

ROSE OF MAY!!!!!!!!!!

The words "Rose of May" which was the secret code word the queen gave to him if any trouble arose, but it would not translate physically to his lips as he screamed the words. His lips stayed shut as they walked down toward the exit. The undead Witchdoctor posing as a little girl smiling childlike as she dragged the frantic boy to his potential doom.

ROSE OF MAY!!!!!!!!
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:02 pm

F.uck this," Koji growled under his breath, exposed eye meeting Tsuuki's with another out of place burst of backbone and determination. Reaching up, he tore his own eyepatch free, the sharp designs of the Archfiend's Eye flaring up as his eye adjusted to the sudden rush of light. Anger bubbling up with the Eye's exposure, he tightly gripped the balcony railing, if only to hold back from going off and doing something foolish, like decking the Sannin.

"Fine," he snapped, the design flaring up in his opposite eye, a faint purple cloak of chakra bubbling up from his body, as if on the verge of breaking through. "Let's see if I can't tear up some answers for you." The boy's grip upon the railing tightened, a soft splintering sound emerging as his nails lengthened, sharpening enough to dig into the hand-carved wood. Teeth sharpened to fangs, puncturing his lower lip in several places; he spat the blood aside, resisting the urges of the monster in his heart through sheer force of will, so focused was he on his task.

And for a moment, his eyes could see, see in the way that his ears could hear. A wealth of auras sprung up around his location, visible to the boy and the boy alone, the entire mansion gleaming with the various lights of the souls contained within mortal bodies within. The young, the strong, the drunk, the in love, the dying and the corrupt, they all mingled together into one blinding light. Sifting past it, the boy focused on calling, not with his words or mind so much as with his own soul, channeled through the twisted energies of his cursed right eye. Eventually, a figure appeared, a blurred figure standing half in front of Tsuuki, and half inside of the man. After a long moment, the figure vanished, the soul drifting away.

"Here, the ball. Someone here will be responsible. That's all I can say so please drop it," Koji pleaded, desperately maintained control threatening to fail as the monster he had been cursed with stirred, eager to be so close to control after so long.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 pm

The bat sage remained unflinching in the face of this ferocious outburst, arms crossed and puffing on his longstem pipe while his smoke was blown over his shoulders by the energy flood. The complex glowing design of the eye stared into them, and the glowing Rokubi stared right back; together the wheels of Tsuuki's and the six-tail's minds turned, fascinated by the transformation caused by the eye. A slight smirk lifted the corner of Tsuuki's mustache, for he liked his plots like he liked his womens: thick.

The Rokubi felt the presence of an out-of-body spirit between her host and the Prince, but it was whisked away so quickly she took little notice, as fascinated by this strange demonic force as Tsuuki, but without as many questions. While the Rokubi studied the presence's nature, the steady-gazed bat-nin pondered its situation: did Raika know of it? Did the BOLT team behind him know of it?

Then Koji's strained voice peeled back the outer layers, revealing information that finally broke Tsuuki's stillness. His smirk slipped away and his head rolled slightly back, his brows sinking while his glowing moon-eye tightened. The Koumori twisted his head sharply, and now this piercing cyclops gaze was burrowing into Otoha from a serious and distrusting face. Whether it was accusation or doubt in ability, even Tsuuki was not completely certain, but at least he would punctuate Koji's words for the new BOLT Commander. It was his job now, after all. Then Tsuuki's eyes lifted a bit, gazing past the BOLT to the balcony doors that lead into the ballroom. There was just barely a safe amount of distance between themselves and those inside.

Slowly Tsuuki's face returned to Koji, eye fixed on and consuming the desperate prince, whose pleas would seemingly go ignored. His own and the Rokubi's thoughts were one now--how much more did "it" know? "I am afraid not, Master Koji, there is still more your friend must share with us. Resist it, keep it in check, there are far too many people here I know you would not want to harm--your mother included," Tsuuki said firmly, drifting slightly closer.

He took a shallow breath then lowered his head slightly to keep eye-contact with the boy while he expertly let his chakra gates overflow, radiating his and the Rokubi's own platinum sheen as his eye burned brilliant white. Koji's new heightened senses would feel the invisible cloud of chakra gently but quickly blanketing over the balcony, creating no change in the atmosphere.

"But you must tell us more. I know you can," he spoke low but powerfully. "Show me a face, give me a name, tell me the method--something more," he urged, pushing more of his energy out now and thickening the atmosphere within the invisible fog, making it feel slightly warmer and stuffy out on the balcony. If Koji wasn't able to contain his inside force, Tsuuki would.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Omoi slipped out to the balcony at Tsuuki-sama's gesture, hanging back in the shadows....

There was Apollo-san, hanging back as well. She had seen him around Kumo, but that was about all she knew.... A slight nod in greeting, before sapphire eyes turned back to the scene at hand.

The removal of Tsuuki-sama's mask brought her slipping silently to a point where she could see his face, a slight widening of her eyes in surprise as she sealed away the memory of the moon-eye and night-patch to tell Raika about later....

And then Koji-san's transformation, and a chill down her spine at a faint presence.

Someone here at the Ball would cause Kumo to burn... but who?

The distrustful look the Koumori gave her beloved brought the human-formed dragoness stepping ever so slightly between them, a sudden flash of ferocity in her gaze as she caught the ex-Commander's eye... but then the man turned back to Koji-san, and Omoi fell back to Otoha's side, suddenly wary at the forces Tsuuki-sama was apparently toying with.

Spirits, demons, those without physical form... it was dangerous to play with.

And she didn't like thinking there was anything out there that she couldn't fight, couldn't change....

Ahh... she just wanted to dance with her beloved, how did all of this madness happen?
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:16 am

Smoke lifted, drifted and then faded quickly into nothingness. A pair of glossed lips pushed the air outward as a pair stood out in the hallways. A hand reached upward into a river of flaxen blond hair parted over one eye and left to fall into gentle waves over one naked shoulder, her full bust popping out of the skin tight gown she was wearing of twilight black. Pipe away from her lips, the blond turned her head towards the figure standing against the wall opposite her.

Scars across the crowns of his cheekbones were left in stark contrast to the silk suit of all black with a pair of simple silver cufflinks and a white rose within the confines of his chest pocket. Layers of dark blue hair, slicked back, although still spiking out at the ends. She sighed as his harsh gaze met hers.

"What? Is it a crime to smoke?"

"You know it as well as I that Sei has told you countless times to avoid those things."

The blond beauty rolled her deep blue eyes. "Take your panties out of a knot, Haro, it's just a freaking cigarette."

She quickly received an ice cold glare from the man opposite her. Sighing, the female relented and digging the cigarette into a nearby disposal pot of dirt snuffing the lighted end into the moist earth within and crunching it deeply into it with a growl.

"Happy?" She asked, turning back to the male with a raised eyebrow.

Quietly, Haro nodded.

The sound of a pair of tiny footsteps nearby gained Haro's attention as he felt a strange presence emanating from the little girl appearing with a seemingly struggling boy at her side. His gaze latched onto the girl and bored into her, seeing something off about her massive presence for someone so small.

Setsuka's gaze followed his and followed up by approaching the girl. Standing before the pair, the halls silence was interrupted by the band's playing nearby.

"He doesn't seem to want to go with you... little boys and girls should play nicely with each other, don't you agree?" Setsuka raised an eyebrow.

Whatever it was inside of this kid wasn't normal. Bracing herself, she hoped things wouldn't get too harsh.
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:51 pm

Kiyoshi watched Zihark leave, then shifted his attention to Sei. "So, why have you been looking for me? I don't remember doing anything illegal in Yuki yet." Suddenly Kiyoshi shifts his attention to the party, raising his hand to silence Sei before she can begin to speak. "This conversation will have to wait. Go talk to Zihark, I stopped the conversation you two were having. Oh, and tell him we need to talk. Soon."

He gave Sei a bow, then was gone. A moment later he was consuming the cloud of chakra that was attempting to control the insanity. Kiyoshi covers Koji's eyes, making sure that it didn't jump to another, letting the boy regain control. After a moment Kiyoshi released him, staring straight at Tsuuki. "Stop playing with forces you don't understand. Do you want to kill everyone here?"
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PreviousNext

Return to ::- Hyouden Castle -::