The Sparkling City. [Yuki Ball III]

At the heart of the great Snow Village sits Hyouden Castle, a great fortress chosen to be the Yukikage's fortress. Archeologists discovered its ruins almost by accident while the construction of the new ninja village was already underway. Reconstruction was approved by the Emperor for use by the Yukikage, and now the refurnished building stands as a testament to the marvels of old and new engineering combined in its architecture.Kage: Kuroudo Hyuuga - Kiyoshi

Re: The Sparkling City. [Yuki Ball III]

PostPosted by Tolkien » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:01 am

As Tolkien had finally let go of Gainon, he finally took notice of the "secretary" that was near Gainon Imani who had earlier had a blade to his throat. Tolkien was surprised he didn't notice before, but the lady known as Sheena had no chakra at all flowing through her. She was totally absent of any chakra. Tolkien had a slight shocked look that Gainon took notice of. He smiled as Tolkien briefly looked at Sheena. Sheena was emotionless as she stared at Tolkien.

"I see you finally took notice..."

"What is she? It is impossible to not have any chakra or to not even have a chakra producing organ."

"you are correct...it is..impossible..my secretary Sheena as you will see is quite special. Perhaps another time though.."

Tolkien changed the subject to the location of his mother. There was a lot of strange things going that Tolkien was noticing at this ball, but nothing would keep him from trying to get his information that he so desperately wanted. After all these years. There was a chance that his mother could be alive, he hoped she would had escaped, however if she did, why had she not returned back to Kumo or at least tried to find him? There was still so many answers, and Tolkien knew Gainon was holding back on some info, but this still was good for him.

"Where is the location of this site where my mother was taken?"

"It is in the middle of the Earth Country, a city by the name of Gosen used to be there, but was destroyed and is now a wasteland that few occupy, however that area now is near a base from the Daimyo's forces. Rather hostile being that we are in the middle of a civil war at the moment. Would be difficult for anyone to go there now..."

Tolkien grew in frustration. He knew of the Civil war going on there. It was practically a battlefield. But now he had a place to start from on his search. Gainon drew a serious demeanor as he sipped his wine and bringing a rather serious tone.

"Do you feel the chaos surrounding here Tolkien? Most of these people here mindlessly lost in their desires in this ball, acting as if nothing is going on in this world..they are ignorant to the looming danger that is coming to this world Tolkien. Soon all these villages will be nothing but a past and shell of it's former self. It is already happening. Your Konoha is dead, Kiri destroyed, even Iwa is crumbling due to Civil War..and Kumo...let's just say that their time is inevitable."

"What are you talking about?"

"I am talking about balance Tolkien, through great change comes great destruction, and then reconstruction, it begins anew. It will happen...I will make sure it happens...and I WILL SHAPE HOW IT IS RECONSTRUCTED..and I have so many ways of doing this.."

"What are you planning Gainon? If you are planning on causing harm to any of the villages, I will strike you down now at this very moment"

Tolkien thought about his friends in Suna, and his second home that in Kumo that he held close to his heart. His Imani clan that resided there as well as the remnants of Konoha specifically his Hyuuga clan. Tolkien's fist tightened thinking about it. Gainon took a slight laugh from the response.

"You misunderstand Tolkien...Destruction of this world is out of my hands...it will come...I will just steer it into its right course of direction. I will save this world through chaos and lead it into a new light..I am not known in Iwa as the Dark Prophet just by chance, but I have actually prophesized of things to be.."

Gainon then stood up as if about to leave.

"If you will excuse me for moment...I believe we are done with this conversation for now.."

"No...we are not Gainon.."

"Perhaps you are distracted by me or you are rather unobservant for a Hyuuga, but yes... we are done..."

Gainon turned his back and walked off in an unknown location. Tolkien then quickly scanned the area noticing he lost track of the little boy he was observing earlier. The strange boy with the same chakra signature as Rafiki was away from the dancehall in another area. He saw that there was a girl with him as well, but something was off with the little girl...very off...and then saw that the boy's chakra was being restricted and controlled noticing he was in a genjutsu. There was also two other people there, perhaps a confrontation was to take place.

"I will get back to Gainon, but I have to find out who this boy is.."

Tolkien turned his direction toward where the group was. He stopped to focus his eyes to the chakra of the strange girl noticing that there were some dead cells within her body. certain dead areas within the body that a person wouldn't be standing from.

"That little girl is dead, yet she is standing...I think I see now...I need to hurry..

Setsuka wrote:He doesn't seem to want to go with you... little boys and girls should play nicely with each other, don't you agree?"

The little girl laughed, but it was rather disturbing the way the little girl laughed as it was rather a twisted overly hysterical laugh.

"He's just shy m'am...it's been so long since I have played and I am bored. Would you two like to play a game too?"

Niko kept trying to say the words Rose of May, but it would not form. What manner of genjutsu was this? He thought he had broken the spell, but it appeared he was in another one. But then he thought about the touch he felt when he closed his eyes and did the countdown for hide and seek.

"Maybe it is not a genjutsu at all, but something else..

It was then where he felt a presence in his conciousness that spoke to him..it sounded very demonic and sadistic as it had a devilish evil laugh.

You are weak, but you are no good to me if you are in the hands of this man..I will lend some of my power to you, but I will need you to kill more people for me to satisfy my thirst..

As the demon spoke in Niko's consiousness a sudden strange alien surge of chakra developed in Niko. It wasn't much, but enough for Niko to utter a few words.

"Rose of may..."

The little girl looked shocked at the boy slightly but then resumed her gigglish nature.

How did that boy manage to utter a few words? And why those words? My jutsu slows down certain muscle movements, he should not have been able to talk..no matter we will be whole again soon..

The little girl hugged NIko as if like a little boyfriend or rather a teddy bear..

"Is that a new game you want to play Niko? OK"

Tolkien then finally appeared walking in the hallway. Clashing wiith the ballroom noise in the background with each footstep. He walked with his byakugan eyes producing a menacing stare as he looked at the little girl..

"Took me a while to figure it out...At first I thought that little boy was you cause his chakra signature is the same as yours, but he clearly is not...then I noticed the little girl who's body you are controlling . You can quit your charade and tell me why you are here...Rafiki"
Tolkien
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Hanya » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:31 am

The ball was slowly turning to chaos in all of its corners, but not everyone was there with some ulterior motive. Not everyone there had a goal or an urge to stick their noses in places they didn't belong. Some people, like Hitomi, just wanted to party. Scooping up her drink from near her previous drinking buddy, she made her way halfway back to her table when she realized that her jug was empty. She wasn't sure if she had drank it all, or maybe if somebody else had, but indeed it was, and it was probably for the better that it was, she had begun feeling a little sloppy, and that was never good in formal affairs.

Thinking it a good idea, she decided to step outside, to get some fresh air. Cutting across the edges of the dance floor, she made her way to a large door where people were coming in and out and slipped out. Her hand grazed a mans pocket and she could feel a wallet, she almost took it out of instinct, but she was a different person now. That wasn't her life now, and so she smiled, said, "Excuse me", and kept moving. Once out of the door, she found herself in a large room, a foyer with ivory white walls and golden trim. A golden chandeleir hung from the ceiling illuminating the room and causing everything to sparkle. If it wasn't for the drunk feeling she had making her eyes sensitive to the light she might have enjoyed it, but instead, she simply found the nearest exit and made her way to it.

"Whew... What a view...."

She had found an exit of sorts, another balcony, or more correctly an elevated patio. There was a table, a few chairs, and a marvelous view of the entire city. Below she could see more of the village, she could see the stores, the marvelous domed library, the frozen lake that she had been ice skating on the night before. She even could see a large lodge like building that was actually a restaurant, one of the best she had been to in a while. Everything here was so beautiful, untouched by the wars of the mainland. She could see a damaged building in the distance, which was explained to her as a dragon attack, but other than that, everything seemed so perpetually peaceful. Was this what isolation did for a village, or even a country as a whole? Was isolation the best route?

She considered the differences between Kirigakure and Sora, how one floated above all the chaos, while one had drowned underneath it. One had technology greater than anything she had seen anywhere in the world, and one was reduced back to shoddy shelters and foraging. Still though, one had a rich history wraught by conflict and triumph, while the other seemed to just have appeared though it had been around for ages.

Taking a seat in one of the fancy chairs, she tilted her head back and looked up at the sky, the stars almost covered by the palaces light, but she could make them out if she tried. The thump and hum of the music was at a tolerable level, a soothing one, and the cold air felt good on her skin.

Before she knew it she was asleep.

Ian had been taking in the conversation and sights within his isolated room, everyone in there obviously Kumo affiliated. Whatever was going on, he had missed a lot, and noticing the minute changes in both Otoha and Omoi, he could tell that this situation was not only out of his league but out of the scope of things that he was used to. He could feel a thick sensation, like fog coming over the whole room, and it began to make his head swim a little. It felt like he was being sapped of his chakra, and though he couldn't tell, his body was compensating for it. Within him, the meiton chakra that had simply existed, leaking out in small amounts, began to take its shape. It was completely involuntary, but it had been dormant for so long, contained by whatever force that had claimed his mind, that it had taken on an odd nature. Now, with that force cleared, it began to take its regular form back, twisting and churning within him like a thick tar. Just as he had started to feel sick, a feeling of almost euphoria came over him and it cleared up instantly. His chakra had righted itself, and though he wouldn't know it until later, this would affect him greatly in the days to come.

He still wanted to ask some questions, but everyone was so focused on Tsuuki and the Koji that he had become even less than second fiddle. His presence had become almost useless, just a decoration. He contemplated leaving, and even moved to do so when he felt, and consequently saw yet another face enter the room. This guy was completely unfamiliar to him. The man quickly covered up Koji's eyes and spoke to Tsuuki, the two of them having had to been acquaintances at least. If he spoke with that sort of familiarity and lack of honorifics he either had to be incredibly strong, or incredibly naive/stupid. From the feeling he was getting, and the way Ian's chakra began to jump, he felt like it might have been the former.

"Who is this guy?"

She was late, oh so late, and she didn't give not two crumbs of a damn. Her flowing black hair blew in the gentle wind as each of her high heeled steps clicked against the floor as she made her entrance, not accompanied by a soul. Her body's tremendous curves drew the attention of most of the male guests, her skin tight black dress hugging her body like a second skin. The red lipstick and slight red flowers on her dress were the only things other than her skin that broke the curves of her body, allowing somebody transfixed by her body a moment to breathe. Her glasses set it all together, giving her an aire of business class to go with her oozing sensuality.

As she was asked for her ticket she produced it from the small clutch that she had draping on her shoulder and asked the most "unexpected" question of the night.

"Is Gainon Imani here yet?"

The man checked a small list in his pocket and nodded to her, to which she smiled, thanked him, and continued her walk into the building. To most, she was just a pretty face and a marvelous body, but to only a few, three at the most, she was the former secretary of one of Iwa's many Kages, and now one of the most wanted women in the Earth country, though nobody knew the face that matched the reports. Still, she scanned the room, looking for the one person she was assigned to find, hoping to make her stay as quick and painless as possible.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:03 am

"Raika and Omoi...Supaiku...Zihark...even Kiyoshi...and other cute signatures, even those cute little things that tried to eat me...now I feel kinda hungry."

Ryuuchi was up in the sky, high above the fun party and the drama that was happening outside. His black wings and clothes served a great unintentional camouflage against the night sky as he surveyed the area. Security wasn't all that impressive, though it could be quite annoying given that he wasn't really in the mood to cause mass mayhem and panic...for once. No, Ryuuchi wasn't there with any sort of evil master plan to enslave everyone nor was he driven by some insane urge to slaughter everyone enjoying the festivities. He had two reasons for being there, the first involving some of the guests present there and the second mostly...because he felt like it. He took none of his servants with him, he warned no one either...he simply left on a whim as he often did.
But it was time for him to join the festivities like everybody else, he could bare the thought of all the alcohol and food disappearing without him, know some of the guests it was quite possible.

He suddenly folded his wings, wrapping them around him as his body gave away to the almighty power of gravity and he began his speedy descent. However the security he thought wasn't very impressive, actually managed to surprise him as an arrow suddenly rushed right pass his face, forcing him to open his wings and change direction. Soon after the first one shot past him, a hail of arrows followed, none of them any real threat but he had no intention of using chakra that night, just in case. Thus with that he sped up, using one powerful swoop to propel himself toward the ground, making the arrows hit only air and leaving most of the archers wondering where he had gone.

The landing was rough, he could have easily made it more gentler however he didn't quite feel like it at the time. A big black mass crashed on the ground right beside the gazebo, making the very structure shake while pieces of what used to lay on the ground flew upward. As the red haired man slowly stood up, his black wings seemed to retract back into his body, giving him a human form once again. His red eyes glanced at his surroundings, he could not only see all the chakra signatures of the guests and staff but also hear and smell them all.

"Eeeehhhhh...such rude security...shooting uninvited guests..."

He finally said with a small laugh and a fang filled grin as he finally noticed the woman in the pretty dress standing in the gazebo. He immediately registered her as someone to watch out for but also as someone that could end up being quite entertaining. But he restrained himself, beside having fun he also had plans he could not fulfill if the party suddenly turned into a brawl. As such he limited himself to both glaring and smiling at the lovely lady.
But then something far more interesting finally caught his attention. He imminently began mockingly sniffing the air around him and looked up to the starts.

"I smell crazy...does anyone else smell crazy? I swear I can smelled crazy with a hint of lemon and onions..."

He said holding back the laughter after sensing that all too familiar blend of insanity so close to him.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Saga » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:50 am

Dance, dance . . .

Despite the relative pun like nature of it all, Baretto stood with the gait of a wallflower as he did his best to help the structured flat surfaces keep the ceilings afloat. On the floor, his guest, err relative clone it seemed, danced with many a random beauty to the tune of tunes that he'd no doubt long forgotten. As they went round and round physically to the steps dictated by the various waltz, Barettos mind whirled to the plethora of facts and faces that seemed to spring up in his mind. A sharingan wielding man with a mask, the ANBU, a forest . . . ? Certain things just didn't make sense much more than a small girl with the byakugan and raven black hair. Puppets, sand, a not so deserted desert? Bleh, a mass and a jumbled mess of information all at his fingertips and he had not the will to make them all come together. Perhaps it was as his friend told him, in time they would come. However the hardest part about waiting was actually completing the task and not being driven crazy in the process. A lot of talking was present, that much was for sure and though he felt ill at ease amongst these so called "notable" ones, he felt in the back of his mind that he ought to not be so afraid of joining. Perhaps he'd been one of them back then, something like a big deal. Alas for now, he still sat in the back minding his business and doing his best to figure even that out fully.
ImageImageImage
Saga
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Both Zihark and Kiyoshi left her. To be frank, Seijitsu really didn't recall making contact with this man who presented her with her dead daughter...or not so dead daughter.

As she watched Zihark leave for indoors and Kiyoshi leave towards where Koji was, she saw through the lattice a group gathering nearby his location. His back towards the balcony, Seijitsu's eyes widened.

Osae standing quietly nearby her, lifted her eyes upward towards the sky. A raven-like creature quickly descended, the pair stumbled around for a moment before regaining their footing.

The gazebo would be unwise to stay in any longer, just in case.

"Osae, let's go." Seijitsu looked down to the girl, offering her her hand. Grasping at it, she moved along with her mother towards the man who was staring at her and smiling.

His eyes, that hair, those clothes. She recognized them almost instantly upon getting closer.

Ryuuchi Sasaki, not so well-known for positives, but he held his own on the top of a hit list easily against other competitors.

Placing her arms on Osae's shoulders, she glanced over to the situation between Kiyoshi, Tsuuki and her son. She felt her nerves rising in the sheer fact that too many stimulants of her attention were calling at once: Ryuuchi's added presence, Koji with Kiyoshi and Tsuuki... and then Zihark's... sudden approach. Osae's and Koji's appearances also left her unsure of how to take this, too many things were happening at once, and she felt herself growing more and more tense about it.

Glaring back, she had realized the pair had been in an unintentional eyelock as she was thinking. She found herself also grasping at Osae's shoulders tightly, her fingers slowly relaxing their grip.

It would have been a bit easier to decide if Zihark were here to help. Although they weren't exactly in the most comfortable situation, his presence would be useful.

Her fingers lifted up for a moment, and a tiny pink butterfly rested on her fingertips. She communicated a silent mental note to it to send Fujimori to take Osae into the palace and into his care. The winged creature departed toward the busy ballroom and floated above the main doors, into the open upper arched windows of the grand venue.

"I smell crazy...does anyone else smell crazy? I swear I can smelled crazy with a hint of lemon and onions..."

"I don't know what crazy smells like, Sadly." Seijitsu sighed, her eyes keeping onto the Dragon's. His presence alone made her feel on edge, although the sheer fact that the palace... this outdoor garden, especially, being in tact signaled to the fact that he might not have been here to herald destruction. He was nevertheless meant to be treated with caution.

"Apologies for a rude introduction from security, but we are simply trying to assure the guest's safety and enjoyment." Fujimori's spectacled appearance in the doorway allowed Seijitsu to escort her partially toward the minister and toward the safety of the crowds and security. It also allowed Seijitsu not to have to worry... as much about her daughter.

Once more the pink butterfly descended onto her fingertips, awaiting it's lady's order. This message was a simple one: Start the waltzes. Sending it off again, it fluttered away towards the maestro leading the band.

Linking her fingers together, she watched as the moon's reflection showed itself on the clear, pristine glass of the windows as the lights slowly faded and the tender, warmer embraces of a steady, restful waltz. Her eyes returning to Ryuuchi's with a calm, but alert demeanor. They held no judgement, but were merely wary.
"Lovely night, isn't it?" Her tanzanite eyes turned to the moon behind them as she stepped closer to his side, careful but relaxed. "Is this craziness what brings you to Yuki, Mr. Sasaki?"

- - -

The people within listening to the music would also be soothed by the techniques of the trained sound specialists in the orchestra. It was not meant to halter those with enough knowledge of the shinobi arts, but instead to induce a calm and happiness on the dignitaries and more vulnerable guests from the events occuring outside on the balcony.
Also serving as an announcer, the maestro stepped away to allow Fujimori to announce to the sated mass. "Our firework show will begin momentarily after the waltzes are done, after the last waltz a grand toast will be lead by her Majesty."
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Physalis |0083| » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:44 pm

"You know. I wish we could have had a moment like this before, cause your dancing skill are horrible heh." The teasing whisper humbled the the towering man. A faint lilac dress fluttered lightly across the dance floor, married to a healthy frame of a middle aged woman. Her crystal white hair wrapped into a bun atop her head, shimmered with a hint of blue. Her hands touched lightly against the dark colored cloth of her partner's jacket, as her tried his best to lead in a dance he'd rather not do in such a large crowd.

"
You are enjoying this aren't you?" An obvious look of embarrassment spread across the man.

"
Heh, well now. Look at the great war leader of Sora. Brought to his knees in defeat, by a simple ballroom dance!" She gave him a small wink. Continuing her teasing of the often over confident male.

His reactions didn't give her as much pleasure as she would have wanted. There was more to his missteps then just sheer lack of dancing skill. When she looked into his eyes, she could tell what it was. His eyes weren't looking back. They darted around the room, at everything but her. The noticing of this brought a frown to her face. "
Hmph, jerk!" Her hand balled to a fist, and slammed upon the man's chest, as she twisted around and began to walked away.

A rugged hand began to rise to grasp her hand to stop her, however was stopped. Between the crack of space between two dancers seeped the visage of a chaotic character. His eyes locked on him for the few seconds they could before the dancers blocked him once again. He could feel the room already beginning to change, events unfolding, and shattering outcomes to the lives around him.

But before all of that, he had his own conflict to deal with. "
Nodoka!" He called out finally, before whisking away after her.

Spoiler:
BECAUSE
I'M HAPPY

Tsuuki wrote:I took the Fluoxetine, not for the wounds but so I won't give a shit when I sneak past the person trapped in the car.

Since Youtube has so deemed it to be a travesty to host this video on it's site. I give you this link to enjoy this beautiful piece of artwork.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82733824/
http://gifsound.com/?gif=replygif.net/i ... CLoZ2Q&s=3
Physalis |0083|
▷0083◁
▷0083◁

PostPosted by GARyu. » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:26 am

Snow fell lightly across the scene of people mingling amongst each other. Romances were sparking, friendships re-kindling, and new conflicts arising it was all very...interesting. A young man with golden white hair stood silently at the end of the grove, taking in the people as they passed by, eavesdropping on their conversations and noting the people of import amongst the plebeian crowd. It were almost as if he were looking into a fishbowl, counting all the different species and their traits, simply watching them move about through their own world. The feeling was almost nostalgic, the simple observation of others coupled with this old body. Perhaps that was the reason the man almost felt sentimental as he watched his old rival chase after a woman.

Oddly enough he averted the desire to go after the man, Tsubasa 'Raeve' Shishio was nothing new. No, there were plenty of new faces who held power now and Ryu Kyūsaisha wasn't one to leave gaps in his knowledge. Still, if experience had taught the man anything it was that there was only so much to be wrought from observation alone. It was with that thought that the man stepped off from the side of the gazebo he had been leaning against and went out in search of interaction. The long tails of his vest flowed behind him as me moved, it had been quite some time since he'd worn this outfit. The gold and creme vest with the long flowing tails, the large black gauntlet on his right arm and even his old seals across his body, he'd been quite pleased with himself when he'd recreated this form from memory. The only thing he hadn't recreated had been the giant blade he'd once wore. It hadn't been prudent to this outing and there was still a part of him that wanted to maintain the uniqueness of the sword that had been given to his friend so long ago.

As he meandered the festivities Ryu took in one thing after another, recording any new information he came across into his databank of a mind. He wondered if anyone would recognize him in this form besides Raeve, his teenage years had been dedicated to the creation of his clan and his interactions had been limited. As he wandered though he saw some familiar faces, Ryuuchi the crazy individual he'd fought once, Raika whom he had seen only in passing by's, and even Supaiku his old friend he'd thought about just moments ago. The old man was even carrying the blade he'd given him. Perhaps they were still friends after so long, the human mind was still one that perplexed Ryu from time to time so he wasn't entirely certain. There was still only way to find out, he moved towards Supaiku, who was attempting to dance with Raika.

Not entirely certain if he was interrupting their dance or saving his friend from what appeared to be frustration, Ryu tapped on the man's shoulder.

"Long time, no see."

The words escaped his lips as emotionless and distant as they always had, though Supaiku would get the sentiment.
Last edited by GARyu. on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GARyu.
ORE WO DARE DA TO OMOTE YAGARU?!

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:40 am

The bat master heard the ninja moments before he appeared on the balcony; not by footfalls or even physical movement, but the trained network of nerves along his ears were able to hear even the faintest stirs of air. He didn't turn his head or even turn some of his defense towards the source, too focused on capturing just one more, even slight clue from the Yuki prince's curse before it was contained again. It wasn't until he felt his own floating Flight chakra evaporating against the newcomer that Tsuuki made the connection to the queen's barrier off in the gazebo peeled open, the voice that told him of another forsake Yuki child. The drifting chakra pulled just enough away from the individual to keep from being consumed.

Nonetheless, Tsuuki did not turn his soft-burning right eye from Koji until this intrusive shinobi stepped behind the prince and physically cut off their staring contest. At that, the moon-eye rolled in his head, and though there was nothing to precisely mark its center, Kiyoshi would feel the pressure of spiritual scrutinization coming from it. The Rokubi was surging within him, infuriated by the interruption for a reason that was a bit troubling. While there might still be information vital to Kumo's safety left in the boy, the demon inside him seemed to anticipate a reason to get forceful. The influence's rush was so great Tsuuki himself felt the need to strike at the derailing addition to the balcony, yet as soon as he noticed this gut reaction came from the Rokubi his humble self came over him.

A light flurry of powdered snow suddenly swept over the balcony, coming from all sides and into Tsuuki for a split second, and then the snow drifted down to the balcony once more. The stuffy air feeling had seeped away, back into the bat sage. He smirked at Kiyoshi, his demeanor changing along with it as he straightened up and drifted a foot or so back, to show the two that he would stand-down. His pupil-less gaze back at Yoshi remained unflinching, and unnerving. "Aha, I do apologize, my meddlesome man" Tsuuki spoke cheekily, tapping ash out of his pipe against his palm. "You are right; my interests got the best of my judgment." He let the eye remain a little longer, letting his "co-pilot" take in what further information she could, then turned it down to his hands as he repacked its bowl. Looking down to do this was completely unnecessary for him, but it would aid in transitioning to a non-confrontational situation. Tsuuki chuckled lightly, shaking his head slowly and stowing his herb satchel away.

"And to you, Young Master Koji, I apologize for stirring you. Thank you for your cooperation. I blame my behavior on heritage; we Koumori have always been an enthusiastically inquisitive ensemble," speaking now as a casual party-goer again, and accordingly lowering the socket-less mask over his eyeline once more. "In fact, I believe the elders use a proverb to warn young Koumori; they say, 'curiosity killed the bat.'"

He slipped the pipe beneath his mustache and lit the bowl from his thumb flame, bringing embers to life within the herbs and letting smoke curl out from the corners of his lips. He took a deep breath through the pipe, unleashing a thick cloud into the cold air as he spoke through a soft smile. "Of course, then we'd say, 'curiosity killed the bat--but satisfaction brought it back.'" He was silent for a second, then gave a light smoky laugh to himself and turned half away without moving his feet.

"Now excuse me, I must hunt down another bottle of whiskey before an associate drains every last one. Enjoy the ball, and," he paused again and gave a throughtful, though eyeless look at the Yuki prince, "Welcome home, Koji-san." His back was turned to them, facing now to the BOLT-Ops collected before him.

"Esteemed operatives of BOLT, please excuse me as well. We can continue what business we have indoors, where the alcohol is," he said chummily, drifting silently by and through the doors back inside. He made a straight, graceful line to the bar for another full bottle and casually parked himself there, letting his ears sift through the crowd. They honed in on Supaiku and Raika, discovering with them now another member of the Kumo elite that he had not seen in a great deal of time.

Tsuuki chugged the whiskey, drowning the Rokubi.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:55 am

"Rose of May."

Setsuka and Haro immediately exchanged glances. That was Sei's personal alarm code.

How the hell did this kid...

Sei would never give away her own information unless she knew it was important.

"Took me a while to figure it out...At first I thought that little boy was you cause his chakra signature is the same as yours, but he clearly is not...then I noticed the little girl who's body you are controlling . You can quit your charade and tell me why you are here...Rafiki"

Within seconds Haro and Setsuka had blocked off both pathways of escape for the girl. Glancing towards the guards, Haro and Setsuka motioned for the ballroom doors to be shut and the exit guarded. Archer's bows and Black Snow operatives appeared from seemingly benign locations.

"I don't take too kindly to party crashers, nor do we take kindly to the mistreatment of the young and innocent." Setsuka widened her stance.

Haro watched silently, the little girl who apparently was more than what she seemed. His hands curled into fists as his left leg stepped back, his right foot planting itself firmly.

"Let them go, Rafiki." Haro asked, although calm, his eyes burned with a volatile flame of determination.
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Spike » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Since leaving Kumo one could say Supaiku had grown more accustomed to distancing himself. Certainly, even in his younger years he kept a certain barrier up while with comrade and friend alike, afraid to allow anyone too close due to the danger that was ever present in a shinobi's life. Perhaps it was selfish of him, never wanting to leave himself venerable, able to be hurt like he had when friends and family had perished during the civil war. Having been born and raised as a weapon he always knew that he cold bring harm to those closest to him yet even as his control grew over the beast inside he still held the emotional barrier firmly. Many could lay claim to the title of friend and comrade to the Blade of Kumogakure, few could say they knew him personally.

Maybe now that he had complete control over his power, having absorbed Yonbi he could now allow himself to open up, even if only a little.

"Sorry, old habits die hard." He offered, grimacing slightly as his eyes snapped back to Raika's hazel gaze. His body began to move more fluently as he began to empty his head of negative thoughts, like pulling a plug from a drain. This was one of the few times he and Tsuuki were able to get lost in the buzz of something other than The Rolling Thunder's engines, he could catch up with old friends without the worry of his former country attempting to kill him.

Plus, it was an open bar. Couldn't get much better than that, right?

"The world's changing, some things are movin' and others have turned temporally static. Big change is comin', jus' makes me rest easier when I know that there are still some from our generation protecting our home." The Blade offered, smirking while he gently spun Raika around, his mellowing mood apparently causing him to grow more bold and adventurous with his mediocre dance skills he had been copying from others in the area.

Minutes passed and Supaiku only dully registered the changing of songs and the flares of chakra in the area, plenty was happening but for now he afforded himself to get lost a little bit. What he couldn't ignore was the flare of chakra that pulsed through his right arm. His gaze shot down as he suddenly stopped dancing, watching as a small section of the ink artwork that covered his arm continued to glow, apparently reacting to some outside force.

He hadn't seen any of his weapon seals act like this before and this particular weapon would only call out to one other master. He felt a gentle tap on his shoulder and he slowly began to turn as a voice he hadn't heard in what seemed like centuries teased his eardrums.

"Long time, no see." The monotone voice was a delightful melody to the swordsman's ears. Despite Ryu's appearance of a younger man, Supaiku knew it could only be him. "You glorious bastard, where the 'ell have you been hidin'?!" The Blade erupted with a warm chuckle, one powerful palm planting on the second Blade's shoulder before giving him a gentle shake as if to make sure that he was indeed real.

Before his old friend could say anymore he turn to Raika, giving a mischievous grin. "Guess time's ain't movin' as slow as we first thought, eh?" He muttered softly, smirk still playing on his face as one hand moved behind Raika's slender frame, giving her a gentle push forward as his other hand stayed on Ryu's shoulder, slowly manoeuvring himself and comrades towards the bar were the fourth cog in this little reunion was drowning his beast's voice.

"Oi, oi, look who this 'ol bastard found lurkin' 'bout." Supaiku proudly announced as he motioned towards Ryu, quickly taking a seat beside his old friend before grabbing the bottle of whiskey Tsuuki had left on the bar counter, raising it into the air shouting "To Kumo!" neck met lips and apparently Supaiku was doing his best to finish off the poor bottle before anyone else could get another drink of it.

Time moved on, friends grew apart. Yet there always seemed to be the little moments like this in Supaiku's life that reminded him why he had fought so hard and why he would continue to. For friends both old and new.

If you fall down seven times, stand up eight.
It isn't a matter of life or death, it's about what breaks first; your will or the barriers in your way.

Spike
The Daftpunk [Who the hell do you think I am?]

PostPosted by GARyu. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 am

"You glorious bastard, where the 'ell have you been hidin'?!" The man burst out heartily, Supaiku gave his shoulder a firm squeeze and a bit of a shake as he beamed a smile.

He hadn't had another chance to speak before Supaiku had wormed his away between Ryu and his dance partner and began escorting them towards the bar. His old friend muttered soft words into the woman's ear while they snaked their way through the crowd. That had always been one thing he'd enjoyed about Supaiku's company, he'd always talked enough for the both of them.

"Oi, oi, look who this 'ol bastard found lurkin' 'bout." The old blade was motioning towards him as he took a seat next to a man he'd rarely seen during his time within the Hidden Cloud Village. A small smile played across his lips as he took in all of the appearances of the man he'd once fought side-by-side with in a bloody war long, long ago. The bat ears were always a dead giveaway but he even remembered the chakra, admittedly it held a more feral feel to it now but it was still the same. Ryu had always found it odd that he remembered the way some chakras had felt, but then again Koumori were special in their own right to begin with so perhaps this instance wasn't so odd.

Supaiku grabbed the bottle of whiskey moments after Tsuuki had returned it to the counter top.

"To Kumo!" The man tipped the bottle up until it was vertical, he watched as nearly every drop drained itself into the man's gullet.

"Ever the patriot still I see."

How long it had been since Ryu had felt any sort of allegiance towards anything, or anyone for that matter. Supaiku it seemed still bled for his country, even if it had meant abandoning it. What twisted paths they all had walked to find themselves in each others' company once more. The man's curiosity burned within him, what interesting stories they had to tell that he was wont to hear. Still though, the man's expression and tone remained as still and cold as the mountains they'd grown up on together. Seeing as Supaiku was in the midst of drowning his liver, the man decided he'd attempt conversation with the other two that were present.

"So, any tales to tell from during our years apart?"

His words carried neither warmth or sarcasm, for the people who didn't know him well it was like reading a dialogue in which the author hadn't specified a tone. Perhaps that was why he'd always gotten such mixed responses from people but it wasn't something Ryu was ready to change about himself yet. Emotions and heart-on-sleeve wearing had never been something he'd found to be particularly useful as a shinobi, or any type of warrior, over the years. The few times he'd let them get the better of him he'd gone mad, become blind, and in more than one instance struck a deal with a devil. No, even if he was amongst a friend and acquaintances emotions wrought no benefit for the person who wore them. He hadn't even bothered to come as his present self, but that carried more than a few legitimate reasons with it. No, the man would stand here and listen to these people gathering all the information he could out of them while he remained an equivocal entity.
GARyu.

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 am

Behind Kiyoshi's back, the boy bent over in pain, the palm of his left hand pressed firmly over the opposite eye. The resonance between Seed and Source was too powerful; his lips drew back in a snarl, razor sharp teeth emerging. With an explosion of afflicted chakra burning purple in the night, the prince abruptly shoved Kiyoshi forward, taking a step into the area the action had cleared before turning and leaping, first onto the balcony, and then beyond it. As his body shot through the open air, reaching the apex before beginning to fall towards the ground below, his afflicted eye flared up, a surge of chakra bursting free of his back in the form of two large wing. A powerful flap, and he shot forward, zeroing in on Ryuuchi's position, a feral roar splitting the night.

When the young prince leaped free of the balcony, Shinkirou moved forward, as if to pursue; Otoha reached out almost lazily, catching the Jounin with a too-strong hand against his chest, slamming the red-head back against the wall. He grinned wolfishly, an odd glow like dying embers burning within his golden eyes.

"Sit back and watch."

Zihark sat up, lowering a bottle of sake from his lips. His eyes narrowed, scanning across the ballroom, his every sense screaming a warning. Setting the bottle aside, he stood, letting his senses wash over the grounds. Gainon's chakra signature lingered, along with a few unique signatures from Iwagakure. Shinobi who had served at his side before his rise as a Kage, and who had served him afterwords... hadn't ever learned their names. Unimportant then. Unimportant now.

Further out, the signatures of the gathered shinobi from Kumogakure. Kiyoshi remained, along with Seijitsu. Koji's energy seemed... odd, particularly ferocious. Had someone pushed him too far?

Closer, one signature he didn't recognize, but was particularly impressive. Closer still, a man he had met at the last ball. Raeve, the leader of the floating village that he now called home. Not an enemy anymore, at the very least. Further out, though..

"Sasaki Ryuuchi."

Some people, it seemed, didn't know how to stay missing.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Tsuuki-sama departing for the indoors, Koji-san bending over in pain, the sudden scent of Sasaki Ryuuchi in the air, the boy launching at the S-rank with wings of black chakra--

"Sit back and watch."

Omoi froze, sapphire eyes turning to gaze upon her beloved slamming Apollo-san into the wall to keep him from going after Koji-san... and the human-formed dragoness snarled softly at the situation as a whole, the stress built up from what had already been happening mixing with fear, anger, and restraint at Ryuuchi-san's sudden appearance.

Finally the jounin rested her forehead on Otoha's shoulder and closed her eyes, her fingertips lightly pressing against his, maintaining contact without hindering any possible necessary movement.

"'We'll be fine', huh...?" she muttered softly, slowly relaxing the tension in her body as she focused on her beloved's scent, heartbeat, and warmth, even as she subtly flowed chakra....

Raika smiled a bit at Supaiku's comment even as they walked to the bar with Ryu, soon rejoining Tsuuki.

"To Kumo!"

Raika grinned as the swordsman guzzled the rest of the alcohol down, able to really relax for the first time in ages as she stood among old friends.

"Ever the patriot still I see."

Ryu was as monotone as ever.

"So, any tales to tell from during our years apart?"

"These two've probably been on more adventures than I have, lately--"

Raika froze as words appeared in her vision, a miniscule amount of Ryuujinscale suddenly on her eye.... And then the words vanished, and the woman sighed, rubbing the back of her head.

"This might not end well.... Guys, I'll see you later. Tsuuki, Supaiku, I still want to visit you two on the 'Thunder at some point."

And then Raika had vanished, moments later shooting out onto the balcony and into the air after the enraged boy.

"KOJI!"

Quick fuuton manipulation blew her between the boy and the man who had once killed her, her speed overshooting the boy's and resulting in her landing before Ryuuchi first, back facing the man, quickly calming down and allowing her expression to gentle as she readied to catch Koji to calm him--only to be grabbed from behind and moved to the side, brown eyes widening slightly as she swiftly turned to see as the Black Dragon faced off with Yuki's Prince.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:39 pm

The pretty lady that spoke to Ryuuchi seemed quite interesting to him, not just because she had a nice body and knew how to make the whole posh look work, but because of her calm demeanour around him. In his experience, strangers that remained that calm around him were either strong enough to protect themselves or were overestimating their own ability. Either way, she was quite the catch.

"Indeed it is a wonderful evening...who cares about the insanity of it all, that was just a conversation starter and BEHOLD! We are conversing!"

He rose his arms as the final words of left his mouth in an overly dramatic fashion. He knew full well that the only reason they were talking was a mix of his overly flashy entrance and his name, she obviously had an idea of who he was and what he was known for doing. Honestly Ryuuchi couldn't blame her for it, his past actions, though not exactly voluntary, had become quite well known and few people knew the real reason behind his actions...and that said reason was no longer a threat.

"I came her for more...personal matters...and also the food and pretty ladies like yourself. So do not worry miss...hmm...eh, you know what? I don't really care about your name, your beautiful face is more th...hmm?"

Sadly the not so smooth moves he was putting on the pretty lady before him were interrupted by none other than her son roaring like a maniac and Raika's back which was also quite the lovely sight which he couldn't complain about. His eyes scanned Raika from top to bottom, she looked well...at least well enough to stand between him and a boy who had too much adrenaline running through him...though her hair was different...he wondered if she had gotten a new hair cut.
However the sight of the approaching brat snapped him out of it and his hand quickly grabbed onto Raika, pushing her out of harm's way.

"Now Raika...I think I can handle a brat throwing a tantrum..."

He couldn't help but releasing a chuckle while looking at her. The boy got dangerously close to him and his eyes shift from Raika to him while at the same time his finger rose up to the boy's forehead and gently poked him, the seal he carried on his shoulder would allow him to manipulate the boy's madness and quickly suppress it for the time being. To top it all off Ryuuchi simply sidestepped to the same side he had pushed Raika and let the boy's momentum carry him away, hopefully now 120% less crazy.

"I feel like I should say some witty one-liner but nothing's coming to mind..."

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:59 pm

The trip back to recognizing Ryu with his Kumo brethren showed some sights that Tsuuki had blocked away for sometime, thoughts of the samurai woman that had accompanied him for years and birthed his daughters. He was able to drift through in dream time, the massacres replaying until he flooded his mind with more whiskey. Supaiku announced himself, and Tsuuki lifted his mustache with a smile and tipped his head. "Good to see you, comrade," he chuckled, not embarrassing either of them for pretending they knew each other beyond that. Most importantly, he was one of the elite of Kumo and could come in handy for the evening. Like a barometer, the Rokubi was sensing the pressure shift that foretold of storms.

There's a storm coming; you and your friends had better batten down the hatches.

Tsuuki went to take another swig, but the bottle was expertly swiped from his grip. Without surprise, Tsuuki turned to the bartender, nodding and putting one finger in the air. The staff went off to retrieve another bottle. Supaiku called for the cheers, but without a drink anymore the ex-Sennin instead raised his pipe in honor of his former yet cherished home.

Then came a whiplash effect cracking at his right eye, sending a jolt of adrenaline through him though he remained stoic and still on the exterior. The clouds had broken, the Yuki prince had lost his wits despite the interference. Did the interrupting shinobi not know what he was doing after all? The Rokubi grumbled, and he knew what it meant--the energy she sensed earlier, near the queen where the air had been split by arrows for a brief moment in time. It had fascinated the demon, an unique and unthinkable energy, and it haunted Tsuuki, like he knew to dread it. This had been the catalyst.

He knew in a split second that Raika had sensed it too, her energy tensing up and blood heating the air around her. Tsuuki made no motion towards her, and as she excused herself he said nothing in return--they'd see each other in a few seconds, anyway.

She'll try to stop the fight. We should be out there.

Just a moment.

There was the spiking, incredible rise in energy from over the staircase and past the balcony, and the Rokubi lashed at her chains. They three had clashed.

What is there to wait for?

Just wait.

The barman returned with the bottle of whiskey, and Tsuuki gave him a bow in thanks before setting off. "If Raika says it won't end well, that means it will end spectacularly," Tsuuki said with restrained excitement, popping the cork and taking a swig from the fresh bottle. He chuckled, not at his own words but for the pissed-off energy he was receiving from the Rokubi, furious at his delay for alcohol--the same which was making her control on him difficult, like when trying to argue with a drunk. He gestured with his head towards the same staircase he had descended minutes before, and maneuvered patiently through the crowd and out to the balcony, just in time to catch the catalyst individual speak to Raika and wonder briefly why he knew her.

The Rokubi's sight made it clear, sensing a peculiar string between Raika and the newcomer that only those that travelled through the deadworld could recognize. Tsuuki put those pieces together, and convinced himself this was the Ryuuchi from the files of BOLT, who had slain Raika years before. Fortunately, no murderous grunge seemed to remain in the evasive shinobi, and he worked in a way that suggested he knew how to bottle the Yuki prince once more. Much to the Rokubi's disappointment.

Tsuuki strolled to beside Kiyoshi from before, taking a swig before crossing his arms and puffing his pipe. "Boy, what did you do?" he teased with a smokey laugh, moon-eye burning unseen through the mask and awaiting their moment to step in.

The bat sage cupped his palm to his mouth and called out, "Oy, Raika--give 'em Hell for Kumo!" and showing some mannerisms he'd picked up from life with Supaiku.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PreviousNext

Return to ::- Hyouden Castle -::