Shōtotsu | Clash

[-]Sora Occupied Land | Demon Basilisk Swamp | Demon Tribe Village [-]
Located far to the east is this terrible and hostile land. The people here have become savage and live in a world with nothing of the peace that other nations take so greatly for granted. The land here is not for those iwth the mind to take a casual stroll. The land is laced with marshes and swamps, which house creatures more horrific then some can imagine. It is here that a gaint Demon Ninja Army has been formed in secret, amd were a war that other nations choose to ignore will be waged.

Shōtotsu | Clash

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:39 am

The murky swamps of the demon country did nothing for the wandering rose, her beauty standing out like a star in the night sky. Still, she had made this land into her home, a place where she could be herself, she could do her own worship, and no one would, or could, say anything about it. The scent of blood was heavy around the little clearing she had made, and a weak moan could be heard through the trees. In the clearing a large circle was drawn on the ground, inside of it a triangle, and inside of that, a young woman with snow white hair laid in the middle. Off to the side, against a tree, a man was lying against the tree, slowly bleeding out, a trail of blood leading from the circle to his body, a severed arm in the distance that had clearly been used as a brush.

Even though his dying moans were loud, they finally began to fade into nothingness, and anyone listening would be able to her the girl chanting some strange langue, some dark cryptic hymn, something that caused the blood on the ground to go black, and for her pale, battle scarred skin to brighten and smooth out, and the wounds to heal themselves until she was the image of beauty.

"Thank you my lord Jashin, your praise sustains me".

As she got up, her eyes looked at the man laid against the try, a look of pity on her face. He had chosen the wrong god, and paid for it with his life, but at least his death had been used as a tribute to the right one. It was still a pity that he had to die because of his ignorance though.

She continued walking through the swamp, her new body a little stiff from the ceremony, but stiff like a brand new shirt, a shirt that needed to be broken in. She had remembered that there was a small village nearby that she could get a good stretch in, and if she got any new nicks and scratches, she could always get some detailing done.

"Well... On I go".
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: Shōtotsu | Clash

PostPosted by Blackjack777 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Jikan was walking through the swamp like area not used to seeing such murk and sorrow in one location. She was having a bit of trouble getting used to the smell of the swamp having landed only moments ago to take a break. She had to reposition her sword upward over her head to allow her to walk through the trees. She was not happy due to the fact that the bugs were flying all around her trying to eat her alive, considering the clothing she wore was very revealing of skin. Her hair which normally aided her was becoming troublesome, it had becmoe caught in trees two times and was threatening to go swimming in the swamp.

"Of all the places I decide to land, I choose here."

She let out a long sigh as she tied her hair up. She continued to walk as she felt a presence before she heard it, There were two people in the next clearing one was easier to make out. The movement of the person was displacing the air around her sending small subtle waves towards Jikan which lapped up against her air sensitive skin. The other person was very hard to make out for the only movement was a very small displacement which was fading, Jikan assumed was him breathing.
"So he is almost dead, but was the other person the one who did it?" Jikan thought as she continued to walk toward the clearing. She then began to hear the chants which sounded like a religious prayer.

"Thank you my lord Jashin, your praise sustains me".

"She is praying, and thanking for what sounds like being saved. She she must have either just been saved from that man or some how defeated him and was saved." Thought Jikan. Either way she was about to break in to the clearing and would soon find out. She would remain alert which was not her strong suit, but she would try none the less.

"Well... On I go".

Jikan finally saw the girl as she broke through the trees. She was pale, had white hair, and also wielded a blade like Jikan did.

"Go? Where to, if you don't mind me asking?"
Click Gif For Characters
Blackjack777

PostPosted by Hanya » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:37 pm

The buzzing sound of the bugs, as well as the strange animal noises in the swamp only served as a deafening symphony to those who were passing through, but Sonja was always on edge, a product as her upbringing and of her wandering. still, she was startled to find a female emerging from the muck near her, silent but not hiding. Her voice caused Sonja to grasp the hilt of her sword, but looking the girl over, she released her grip, though she let her hand rest on the hilt casually. She had no reason to answer the girl, not out of courtesy, not out of friendship, no reason, but she did, with a light voice that almost floated away with the wind.

"I go wherever my god tells me I am needed. Right now, that just happens to be anywhere but here."

Looking the girl over a little more, she noticed a few similarities between the two, the minimal clothing, the sword, the hair, but where Sonja's clothes were stained with blood, this girls were clean and neat, an obvious clue that she was not from the area. Sonja couldn't smell blood on her either, which oddly enough was a common scent on the locals. Further it solidified her belief that this girl was simply passing through, but there is no such thing as passing through, there is only the Lord Jashin's path.

"You are not of the faith, I am a missionary to my Lord Jashin. Would you like to become a member of the order and be saved, or will you rot in eternal damnation and suffering?

The question was simple enough. A yes or no question, and the only right answer was already being a follower of Jashin. Sonja waited, hoping for a quicker chance to stretch out her new body, and test how it reacted.
Last edited by Hanya on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Blackjack777 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Jikan stopped for a second. Faith? She had never thought about it before but the girl was right she didnt have a faith or a power/god to believe in. All these years she had lived a carefree life one filled with joy, wistfulness, and fun. Should she have thanked a god of some sort for giving her such a life?

"You are right i don't have a faith. And to be honest i feel like i have been blessed in my life thus far. Have i been neglectful, having not said thank you? Did your god tell you that i had no faith?"

She knew nothing about faith only about combat and family, and she was loyal to both. But she was intrigued by the girls offer, a missionary that meant she was official. Jikan decided she would like to know more about this faith.

"Please expain to me about this faith of yours i may wish to join. I feel as if the life i have been given thus far deserves my service to the god who has bestowed it on me."

Jikan noticed a rock near her and sat down indian style on it. She untied her hair for there was a small patch of grass under her which would not mess up her hair, nor try to entangle it. She flicked her hair and her hair dropped behind her. She then turned all her attention to the missionary of faith.
But she was now taking in the sight in front of her, the blood covered clothing, the fresh blood dripping blade, and the seemingly calm face of the girl in front of her despite the situation. Something about her was slightly nerve-racking, yet she had no cause to fear and would listen to the girl. But since her hand rested on her sword, Jikan would remain on guard. The hand seals needed for her defense would take only a second if she needed it.

Please teach me.

She smiled her sweet smile which warmed the hearts of so many she had met before, hopefully it would warm this girl as well.
Click Gif For Characters
Blackjack777

PostPosted by Hanya » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 pm

The girl had said the right thing, her interest in correcting her heathen beliefs was admirable. Sonja slowly relaxed her hand from the sword and began to tell the tale of her religion, and to tell of her life and how her faith had saved her.

"My name is Sonja, and I am a follower of Jashin. I was left to die as a child, cut up and abandoned in a forest filled with wolves and creatures that would eat their own kind if it meant their survival. My parents protected me with their very lives, my mother performing some type of ritual before she died, granting me the ability to defend myself. That was the first time that I found salvation in blood and death. From the bones of the dead animals, I made weapons, and I ate their flesh to sustain myself. The deaths off those creatures provided me with life. Eventually, I was found by a woman passing by, a priestess of Jashin. She took me in, seeing how I had been saved by some higher power, and knowing the mark of her God."

As she said this, Sonja turned to the side, showing a rude scar that was roughly in the shape of the Jashinist symbol. Though faded over time, the mark still was easily made out if one knew what to look for.

"She brought me back to a temple where I was taught that through violence and bloodshed the worthy prosper, and that all things in life are fueled by death. To embrace death and suffering is to embrace Jashin, and to embrace Jashin is to trancend death itself."

As she said this she looked at the girls face, looking for soem sort of reaction. She hoped that the reaction was still one of curiosity, and that the girl would be willing to embrace the path. If so then she would have to visit the temple, so that she could be reborn, if not... well, she hoped that the girl would.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Blackjack777 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Jikan was silent for a second, thinking about what the girl had said. "to embrace Jashin is to trancend death itself" This statement meant almost that she would be immortal, but how was that possible? could the girl be pulling her leg?

"Like immortal? The good you serve allows you to be immortal?"

This was a slightly intriguing idea as well as terrifying notion. Not often was a person offered immortality, could this be the god who had granter her such a sweet and pleasant life? And now was immortality being offered as well? But at what cost, through her many years on this planet one thing she understood was that there was a cost for everything. "I was taught that through violence and bloodshed the worthy prosper" If this was true in her religion it did mimic her life she had thus far. She had shed so much blood for the people she cared for, could this be why she was being offered this?

"One more question? For one of the faith such as yourself what is expected of you?"

The girl had relaxed her body and was no longer gripping the hilt of her blade. Jikan felt for the girls struggle in life which was far worse than her own, yet should couldn't help notice the girls strong will and determination. What slightly perturbed her was the lack of much emotion in the girl. Which after a past such as hers it was not uncommon to have such a demeanor, but Jikan wondered what all this girl as seen in this life to remove what she was sure was a beautiful smile at some point in life.

With all the information gathered Jikan was always in the mood to better herself, and being immortal would be a nice change in pace. What better way to stay carefree, as long as the cost was not to great to obtain it.
Click Gif For Characters
Blackjack777

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:37 pm

What is expected of you?"

Sonja slowly unsheathed her sword, her face unchanging. She looked Jikan directly in the eyes, and stuck her hand out, drawing her blade across her palm slowly. Even from the distance they were apart, the serrated edge of the blade could be seen tearing into her skin, ripping it apart. Blood began to drip from her hand, and then began to pour, but her face did not change, it stayed locked on Jikan's eyes.

"Complete devotion to Jashin is expected. There is no fear, there is no mercy, there is nothing but utter annihilation of anything that stands against him. You are his emissary, and your body is but a vessel for his will."

As she said this, the blood that had dripped on the ground began to move as she moved her hand, and after a moment it formed a a perfectly round circle, mimicing the motion she had made. One last set of motions and on the ground was the Jashin symbol in all of its glory. The wound on her hand was still very visible, though it had completely stopped bleeding and was just a large open gash in her hand. Sheathing her sword, she walked over to the corpse of the man she had slain, and sticking a finger in the bloody stump that was his arm, she let his blood drip into he uninjured hand. She then walked over to Jikan, and drew the Symbol on the ground, then placed her palm down on it, and began chanting.

"Through Jashin all things are brought to justice. Through blood we are cleansed, through death we are reborn."

The circle under her hand glowed red for a moment and then faded to a pitch black, and when she raised her hand, the wound was gone, with no traces that it had even been there.

"And you shall be rewarded".
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Blackjack777 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Jikan thought back to her master who had taught her everything she knew. She remembered his wisdom and advice, "master how do i become strong enough to protect the ones i care about?" -My dear Jikan by any means necessary.

Thinking on this she stood up to face the girl seeing her newly healed hand still somewhat amazed that a wound that deep could be healed with a seal of some kind by a god she could not see. What was she to do? Obtaining this power would grant her the ability to protect all who mattered to her. No one would be able to harm them or her for that matter because she could simply heal herself. This power would make her invincible, but would it also make her as expressionless as the girl who was before her? Would she have to lose the spark of life which had followed her for so long? And if so was it worth it to make this sacrifice.

"The ends justify the means."

Jikan bowed before the girl, this girl whose religion would server her so well. AS she did her masters face appeared before her, remember Jikan never do anything that would bring dishonor to your family. If you do this we will never be ashamed of you.
Jikan smiled at his words for he had always been a man of great wisdom.

"I thank you very much for sharing your faith with me."

Jikan rose from the bow with a sweet smile on her face. Her hair flowing in the wind as she spoke with complete sincerity.

"But i will have to respcfully decline your offer. I dont feel i would be strong enough to with stand that amount of pain, but i thank you very much for the consideration."

Jikan thought to herself, there was no way she could return home covered in blood to her family. She could not perform the ritual this girl just did in front of them with out gasp of horror or looks of disapproval. Because of this she would have to obtain power in some other fashion. Even if it was immortality, bringing shame to her family would mean an eternity of hell for her.
Click Gif For Characters
Blackjack777

PostPosted by Hanya » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Jikan looked like she would have made an excellent follower of Jashin, something about her eyes drew Sonja in, made her feel at peace, made her trust her, mad her feel, but then her faith came into play. She had almost considered her just walk away, but that was not allowed. You were either a follower of Jashin, or you were a sacrifice. Anything else was jsut a temporar state of undefined existance due to be corrected by a proper follower. That was indeed sonja's position, and she was obligated to enforce that, no matter how she had wanted not to.

"I'm sorry to hear that, as there is no other path but the path of Jashin. If you are not a member, than you are nothing, and your only salvation is to sacrifice your life to him and pray fro redemption. It is my duty to speed you along that path."

With only a moment of hesitation, Sonja drew her sword, dropping down into a crouching position before slashing horizontally at Jikan's waist level. She winced in pain as her thumb grazed the sliding blade, though the change in her facial expression was almost unnoticeable. She did feel pain, she just chose to ignore it in most situations, but some pains were just more difficult to ignore than others.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Blackjack777 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:40 pm

"If you are not a member, than you are nothing, and your only salvation is to sacrifice your life to him and pray fro redemption. It is my duty to speed you along that path."

Jikan then noticed the girl reach for her blade. She meant no disrespect to the girls religion but felt she would not be able to fully commit herself to it. Jikan had no time to pull her blade to defend but instead stabbed the sheathe in the ground effectively blocking the waist high attack. Once the sword connected she then stepped on the sword which had partially embedded itself in to her sheathe and performed a back handspring to gain some distance between her and the girl. As she jumped she grabbed the hilt of the sword to unsheathe her blade. The blade was released in to the air aimed behind Jikan, who was performing 2 consecutive handsprings, as it began to lose altitude Jikan finished her acrobatics and caught the blade, in her right hand, and pointed the tip out to the side.

Please i meant no disrespect to your religion i just feel i would not make a good servant to your god. But you make it sound like the choice is your faith or death? Is there no way to just let me go about my way? I apologize if i have offended you.

Jikan held her sword at her side low and the tip pointed away to show that she wanted no part of this confrontation, for if she had offended the girl it was not her intention nor was she going to ruin a relationship she had just begun. Jikan also noticed her sheathe which had a nice chunk in it from the girls blade, that blade is no joke, That was a very hard and resilient sheathe which had with stood blows similar to that one. Although now it looks like it had seen better days sht thought to herself. She then remembered the bill on her dresser, "Oh sweet crap im still making payments on that thing!"
Click Gif For Characters
Blackjack777

PostPosted by Hanya » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Sonja"s attack would come off as relentless, her arm twisting back and upwards, lifting her sword and the attached sheath from the ground. She swing the sword at Jikan, dislodging the sheathe and sending it hurtling towards her, aimed at her face though spinning wildly and unpredictably. With almost no downtime, She rushed in after the sheathe, sword held behind her as she moved, prepared to strike forward, though she was watching warily of Jikan's movements, looking for the sign of how she would move. She had shown that she was nimble, and flexible, able to flip around at will, quickly and controlled. It wasn't outrightly impressive, but it was already more than most of the grunts she had been taking down were capable of.

She wouldn't talk or answer the girls question now, both because she had a focus that was beyond conversation, and that she hadn't determined an answer. There were ways around having to kill her, but she would have to fight to prove that any of those ways were even viable. She had to prove herself. prove herself or die.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Blackjack777 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Jikan Saw the sheathe leave the ground but it was moving to fast to pinpoint with her eyes. She would have to feel it out, and sure enough she could feel through the displacement of the air the sheathe was coming straight at her. She also noticed that the girl was also moving towards her as well, which was a problem for she would not be able to deflect both unless should could turn the two attacking forces on each other. She positioned she sword pointed in the direction of both the sheathe and the girl, as the sheathe neared her she extended her sword so that it went inside the sheathe which she could feel and hear from the sound and feel of the wind going over the opening in the sheathe.
While the sword clicked as the metal from the hilt and sheathe connected, she spun her body by criss crossing her legs and opening them up to fling the sheathe right back at the girl who was rushing at her. With her blade released again she took a few steps back from the girl ready to attack once she blocked the sheathe, which she was almost certain would be destroyed. Jikan made some had seals and prepared to launch a jutsu at the fast approaching opponent.

Still not wanting to fight the girl over a misunderstanding she was still going to defend herself. No matter what that may have meant for the girl, she thought as she remembered the man with no arm in the forest.
Click Gif For Characters
Blackjack777

PostPosted by Hanya » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Her waiting proved beneficial as her opponent managed to catch the sheath on her sword, once again connecting the two. Jikan flung the same sheathe back at sonja, and with almost no time to react, she simply swatted it away with the flat of her blade. The sheathe flew up and away, colliding with a tree in the back of them. If she had been listening, she would have heard it hit the wet ground, but she wasn't, she was focused on her opponent's movements, watching the sword, which appeared to be her only weapon. Appearances weren't always what they seemed though, as the same could be said of Sonja, the sword her only visible weapon, but of course, that was only an illusion.

Jikan took a few steps back, increasing the distance between the two, and she began to make handseals, something Sonja had become familar with as of recently, as of her few encounters with shinobi. She didn't know what kind of technique the girl was trying to use, but she had seen, from experience that they were normally not so subtle, fast, and very destructive. Looking around, she couldn't find much in the way of shelter, but noted a few key places she could use, and continued her attack, this time aiming a downwards slash at Jikan.

From what she could see, her sword was shorter than Jikan's which meant that though it would be faster its range was also shorter. That meant she had to get in a little closer, which could help her because she could prevent handseals by keeping her attack up, but it cold also be a disadvantage depending on the kind of techniques Jikan would be using. Still, she would have to avoid whatever technique the girl was about to use for her strategey to be effective, and that meant she had to survive it. She kept her eyes sharp as her sword traveled downwards, ready to chop the girl in two.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Blackjack777 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Jikan was still unsure of how the girl fought so she was going to have to stay on her toes and listen to what she felt to keep up with this girl attacking with what seemed to be an intent to kill. So Jikan would have to end this quickly, she had completed the hand seals needed to use her air blast. She watched as the girl again continued her attack. This time she would be the one striking versus just running and being defensive. She would attack three times in quick succession. 1st she would have to time the strike of the girl to line up her counter attack. She waited for the appropriate time to move, draping her hair in front of her face to hide her eyes. She didn't want the girl seeing her eyes shut, which may seem that she was scared or the truth was that she was tracking her through some other method than her eyes.

Finally the time came to move as the girl brought her sword down, Jikan rolled to the side to avoid the attack and then brought her blade swiftly at the girls achilles tendon. If it landed it would only slice it open which would make movement unlikely. She then released the chakra build in her off hand sending a air blast at the girls back which would knock her down as well as at this close range would burn the back making any movement of that part of the body very painful.

Jikan then made quick hand seals for her thrusters, she loved moving at a high speed in dangerous situations for it meant she could most likely avoid and end fights quickly.

But this girl is not to be taken lightly her attacks are relentless, meaning she can take a lot of damage and continue coming. Plus the ability to heal herself was still in the back of Jikan's mind.
Click Gif For Characters
Blackjack777

PostPosted by Hanya » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Her sword attack missed, but she had planned on that, and quickly jumped upwards, performing a high backflip just as Jikan's sword went inches from the ground, smacking into her grounded blade and sending it flying into a tree in the distance. It stuck in the tree tip first, standing out like a new branch, but Sonja only got to see the direction it went off into as her vission blurred from the spin. Jikan fired off some sort of attack, a disruption in the air wa all she saw, but it was aimed in the wrong spot, flying off into the distance where Sonja was earlier. Before she could counter attack though, Jikan rocketed off, away from their current fight.

"Flow from life with Jashin's might, form the blade that brightens the night"

Her hands slung together the odd handseals of her religion, and the gash in her thumb that had gone mostly unnoticed began to drip blood at an increased rate, exponentially actually, until her entire hand was coated in blood, and then it continued, forming five inch claws on each finger that hardened and condensed to form blades. Swinging her hand, the blades broke off from her hand and flew straight towards the fleeing Jikan, flying not as fast as her, but still fast enough to catch her if she stopped suddenly.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Next

Return to Demon Country