Another Horizon | [ Raika ]

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Another Horizon | [ Raika ]

PostPosted by Kaitou » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:22 am

The rising sun swept its warm embrace across the summer fields of lightning country to paint a picture only achieved through the hand of nature. A new dawn gave rise to the multitude who welcomed its presence with age old habits. Farmers began to till their fields with renewed aggression from a night of rest while the youth went along adventures that would last until adulthood. Per the usual, people had already started making their way towards the outer walls of Yama no Kokoro's capital city. Among this group a single rider found himself pleasantly surprised with the capital's new environment. Of course, where others saw the bonds of a structure, this man saw legacy.

Adorned in his customary brown leathers and flannel dress shirt, Sammael Kyoka picked his way silently through the crowd atop a chestnut horse. An expert eye could tell by looking at the beast's proportions that the animal was primarily used for combat. For this reason the horse was fitted with the plainest of equipment akin to its master. Where it had saddlebags along with a quarterstaff, Kyoka carried only a simple double-edged sword upon his hip. Simple enough yet citizens seemed to go out of their way to give the two at least a pace of room.

"Mandarb, old boy. I like you but I'm starting to think I should have just flown." An absent hand stroked the steeds black mane as the man shaded his eyes to look towards the horizon. The usual guards were posted along the path where they would stop foreigners for documentation. It wasn't like he couldn't provide the information, but the further he stayed away from record books the longer his name stayed out of any stray intel looking for his whereabouts. That begged to question whether or not this was an issue any longer after the fiasco concerning Iwagakure's demise.

Kyoka spurned his horse into a small trot. It was enough to keep a pleasurable pace while skirting around guards that were otherwise occupied with the throng of immigrants coming from troubled villages. He wasn't quite sure what his position was on the recent uprisings. Perhaps, that was the reason he had first reached out for the meeting in the first place. Not necessarily out of a need to save numerous lives, but just to keep him busy. Even though his body was immortal his mind was still of a relatively ancient thought process. Successive change had never been a part of the old regime. Too much and way too fast.

It was a slow process moving through the city hub bub. Often times he had to stop to reclarify his intentions to a simpleton or two that just made him want to box their ears around. Yes, he was that Sammael Kyoka. No, he didn't plan on burning down the capital. They went on and on the deeper he went into the city to the point where he doubted he could even attempt to clear the collateral damage of his presence being there from any sort of record book. Thankfully, it didn't take long after passing the eerie statue of the local hero to reach the Shire. A quick dismount and toss of gold towards the nearest stable hand was all it took to secure his safety from the bustling city and its questions.

The Shire, was a high end restaurant which doubled as a tavern for those who could match their steep prices. Ornate walls crafted from a combination of obsidian and blue granite helped cement the theme of an ocean running throughout the establishment. Even the server that greeted him was adorned in the garb of a rich fishing noble with tiny gems that sparkled along her outfit. An exchange of names lead the two to a secluded area filled with sparsely filled seats, a cooling central fountain, and a set of window seats that overlooked the bustling streets.

"What can I get for you while you wait for your guest, my lord?" The waitress nodded her head slightly as she set a menu down gently upon the smooth table surface.

"Do you have mint tea?" Kyoka's smile was reassuring while he thumbed through the breakfast menu. "I think I will start with that until Lady Hofushi arrives."

Crossing his legs over one another, Kyoka leaned back in his seat with one eye on the door and another upon the empire's streets.

- Don't Be Afraid To Create A World -

- Where You Dream No Little Dream -

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

Re: Another Horizon | [ Raika ]

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:55 am

Brown eyes watched her guest pass through the streets on horseback, hiding in the crowd.

He could wait a bit. She needed to finish her visit first.

Raika walked back into the monument, her hand gently touching the stone hand over her petrified friend's stilled heart, brown eyes meeting the shimmering emeralds that had taken the place of his.

Fei.... I miss you, you reckless birdbrain. I hope you're watching me, wherever you are.

She smiled faintly before her hand fell back to her side, gazing upon her brother-of-hearts brave smile as he reached for the heavens themselves... and she sighed, returning to the streets and making her way to The Shire at an easy pace. It definitely wasn't her usual place to eat, but from what she'd heard about Sammael Kyoka, it would probably be better than someplace more casual....

She arrived in the private space just when the waitress was pouring the man's tea, the sennin moving lightly and slipping into the seat opposite the man. Raika was garbed in her mednin suit, the skin-tight fabric and hardened armor-like portions both made of black Ryuujinscale, the Kumo insignia a raised pattern over her heart on the hardened portion holding her bosom, her boots made of the same material. Silver hair stayed loose as always, long bangs partially hiding brown eyes from view.

"Water, please, and a plate of onigiri," she asked the waitress with a gentle smile before returning her gaze to the man before her.

It was only after the waitress departed once more that she began, her voice at a conversational level but low enough to help keep attention away, "Sammael Kyoka. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Her smile was calm, gentle, but it was one for politics and business; she was still wary of the man, all considered, and it would take some time before she could trust him enough to show her true smile....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Kaitou » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:49 pm

They said first impressions were everything in this world.

Life or death resided in those split second decisions an individual made in combat. It was just the same when it came to politics; in this case business. The sennin was adorned in a fashion that stood firm with the nature of usual Kumogakurians. Stay true to the self. No matter if the personality was flashy, official, or mundane it always seemed to resonate well with the individual person. It was an odd theory he had made that he attributed to their like of convenience when it came to everyday activities.

Raika Hofushi. She was a lesson in endurance; an ideal many a ninja could learn for a lifetime. The last remnant of Kumogakure's old regime who found a way to outwit death itself. Earth country would have greatly benefitted from the loyalty of such a woman. Some would call her style of action plain, yet in the simplicity there was beauty beyond a generation. World renowned societies weren't built on the hearts of the fickle. It took the unbending will of solid foundation to build a marvel.

Ageless brown eyes took in the form of an enigma. However, when he did smile its warmth was enough to make the waitress blush, "I'll be having sashimi with salmon. And. Sake."

Kyoka shifted to bow his head formally to his guest, "Hofushi Raika, I assure you the pleasure is mine. Your reputation precedes you in leaps and bounds." The laughter that followed was deep yet shortened out of courtesy. "To be honest, the way some of my subordinates talk about you. One would have imagined you were a kami of good will."

The urge to check this fact nagged him from the recesses of his mind. Somehow, he doubted the legend would be very appreciative of that level of inspection. Instead, Kyoka turned the conversation towards his trip through lightning country and the remarkable changes the place had endured since his last visit some sixty years ago. He had been surprised by their level of security since it seemed far higher than that of their counterparts which might have been why the others hadn't lasted through recent events. Eventually, the small talk had leveled down to the ride through the city from horseback when their waitress arrived with their food.

"I hope you'll excuse me if I dig in a little. Itadakimasu!" The enchanter's eyes twinkled a bit as the wooden utensils stabbed into the nearest slice of fish, before jerking it up towards his mouth. "So, if I may ask, why did you agree to this meeting?"

It was a valid question. What benefit would the empire receive from consorting with a wanted criminal?
Although, with the disbanding of Iwagakure did his charges still apply?

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:38 pm

So far he seemed warm, genuine, as she studied his actions and expressions and listened to his words.... Still, though, she was keeping her reservations for now. The leaders of Iwa had a bad habit of seeming to always having underlying plots....

As he mentioned their security, Raika explained briefly that so many attacks on her home had made them more alert, but aside from that she only made the occasional comment....

And then came the food, Raika splitting apart her chopsticks.

"Itadakimasu."

The onigiri was lovely, and she pushed the thought of the man who had introduced her to the food from her mind.... After all this time, he was probably gone for good, as much as it made her heart ache.

Brown eyes returned to her guest as she considered his question.

"...a mix of curiousity and intuition, I suppose."

In short... it had been more of a whim than anything, and she'd never been one to turn people away if they wanted to talk to her.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika

PostPosted by Kaitou » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Her actions spoke volumes.

The woman was wary of every portion of her companion. Even in the way she spoke it made Kyoka believe he was being scrutinized like one watches a wild bull for whether or not they should be ready to protect themselves. Rather than being offended he was particularly flattered. It showed that she had a good head on her shoulders, granted one didn't live long in this world without having just that.

His laugh was playful as he looked upon the woman beneath shaded eyes. "Is that so?"

His vision fell to the streets where a small urchin wound their way through the crowd. Behind him followed an equally dirty little girl in a tattered dress. It was a scene which played out in just about every city. Hidden beneath all the grandeur was usually a populace that suffered across multiple spheres of life. These things were hard enough for an active leader to avoid and nigh impossible when the government had become as unstable as the empire had become of late. To that end their switch from being a hidden village to this new structure had just as much to do with survival than a dramatic change in regime.

"Lady Hofushi, I'm going to be frank. I'm not here to convince you of my innocence. We all do things we regret at some point." He just had a longer list compiled in his extensive lifetime than most others. Kyoka placed his utensils besides his dish and focused his ageless brown eyes on his guest.

"What really matters is what we do when we realize there is need for a change. My tenure in Earth Country was riddled with change. Some i'm proud of, like the infrastructure placed in the outlying regions that will see its population thrive despite the foolishness of its hidden village. Others were simply another lesson about life's unpredictability. However..." He leaned back in his seat before folding his hands over one another. "...throughout this process my business practices have remained incredibly profitable. I would like to continue that trend as well as make a positive impact throughout our continent. What ails the countries the most? Is it not the sick riddling the land from remnants of war?"

He let his words sink in for a moment as the waitress refilled his tea. His demeanor was stoic despite the charge filled in each of his words.

"Imagine a world where the faceless masses don't have to suffer through pain they didn't cause. A united front on the lines of personal health and safety which remains neutral to all parties. And it could all start here. In Kumoteikoku." Kyoka's left hand swept towards the streets slowly, "As leaders we owe it to the people we nurture to look out for the best interest since many times they cannot look into the future that lies ahead. Even if you aren't interested in extending the program beyond its initial start the residual income gathered just from Lighting Country should be enough to fund social reforms and defense programs designed around keeping citizens out of harm's way along with providing the basis for a greater future. Lady Hofushi, if you give me a canvas I'll paint you an aegis for your people."

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

Return to Takama-ga-hara