Return [Raika]

[ \The Meeting House | Kumonohora | The Heart of the Chiroptera/ ]
The reclusive fort housing the survivors of Kumogakure no Sato's destruction, located in the center of Chiroptera Forest whose dangers and local superstitions provide a natural barrier to the rest of the world. Nestled in the roots of one of the ancient trees, the people here are learning to survive alongside the ancient forest, the local Koumori serving to help things along. However, carefully hidden away underneath the fort the shinobi way of life continues on in the shadows in Kumonohora....

Return [Raika]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:44 am

Darkness swallowed her as she walked through the cold and dirty corridor of the underground facility. Maya could see traces of her father's presence around her, she could see his chakra signature in the walls and ground and his smell in the air, but she could also tell that he was no longer around, Ryuuchi was long gone by then.
But then the corridor lit up, torches lighting up all at the same time all around her and a large door opened in the distance. She was forced forced to squint due to the sudden light but she could still make out several human like figures. Slowly her eyes grew accustomed to the light and she start being able to make out several details about the figures but she would soon wish she couldn't.
What stood before her was a group of what could only described as monsters and demons. Each of them had disfigured bodies and body parts that don't belong in a human body but the one in front was a pure devil. She couldn't make out all the details perfectly but his silhouette was enough, he was very tall, his arms were almost as long as he was tall with large claw like fingers resting on the ground, large horns adorned his head and slowly opening wings covered the others behind him. She could make out the smile he had filled with fangs and then he spoke in a rough and low voice.

"Welcome, Hime-sama."

Maya's eyes suddenly opened and she sat up immediately. Looking around she realized that she was in her room, it had all been a dream, or rather a memory in the form of a dream. Slowly she gazed out the window next to her bed, looking at the rising sun as the warm light shun down on her face and she sighed.

Nearly a year before Maya had set out to find more about her father's true identity. The father she knew was not the same person the world talked about, she knew him as a kind and caring man with a warm smile and an even warmer embrace...but the world knew him as a monster and a vicious mass murderer who defiled the dead by making them his servants and created horrible abominations.
She was not blind, Maya knew that what people said about her father was the truth but she also knew that her kind father wasn't an illusion either. So she set out to find out more about him and if possible, find and confront him. But sadly in all those months of searching she was only able to find a couple of his former hideouts, along with some of his creations.

After a cold shower to clear her mind, Maya left the house, she took none of her equipment and had no real location in mind. The Black Dragon's daughter had returned the night before after being away from her birthplace for months on end, she had seen dark and sinister things during that time but when she returned, it felt like she could breathe again. She was curious to find out how much it all had changed in that time...and how her friends were doing.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

Re: Return [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 am

Omoi hummed a little tune as she walked through the streets of her home, pushing her worries as far to the back of her mind as they would go... though Otoha was still off on a mission without her, and the Captain was still a statue, and Raika was still stressed, and Kaitou-kun was still insane and she hadn't been able to find him yet, and--

A soft growl of annoyance rippled deep in her throat as she tried focusing on her destination: the hot springs.

A gentle breeze brought hundreds of scents her way, but she locked into one in particular: one she hadn't smelled in... at least a year, probably.

The human-formed dragoness slipped through the crowd to come up behind Maya-san, hesitating when she got a clearer reading of the fellow Kumo nin's scent... before the jounin continued her approach, playfully wrapping a friendly arm around the Kawate's shoulders and smiling warmly.

"Maya-san, long time no see. I'm heading to the hot springs, wanna come?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Maya was lost in thought when she suddenly felt something around her shoulders which made her spine instantly straighten and her muscles tighten, during the last year she spent alone, having such contact never meant a good thing. However it was imminently after that she noticed the characteristic cold fire smell of the Ryuujin and the voice that accompanied it.

"Maya-san, long time no see. I'm heading to the hot springs, wanna come?"

Her muscles instantly relaxed and her guard dropped. A smile surfaced almost imminently showing her white teeth and the fangs she inherited from her father.

"Moe-chin!!!"

She shouted happily while turning around, wrapping her arms around the Ryuujin's chest and burying her face in Omoi's shoulder.

"I heard from mom that you're a Jounin now! What happened to my cute little kouhai!?"

Her grip tightened hard for a few moments before releasing Omoi, still with a huge smile. Immediately the memories of the time she had met Omoi surfaced, back then she was such a cute little thing that Maya couldn't help but attach the nickname Moe-chin to her and it stuck ever since...even after Omoi clearly had grown into a fine woman.
But Maya quickly realized that another thing she inherited from her father had kicked in...getting sidetracked easily.

"Hot springs? A nice warm bath...Yea! That's exactly what I need! My treat, my treat!"

She joyfully shouted, this time being the one to wrap her arms around Omoi's shoulders and pushing her to walk with her.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:54 pm

The sudden happiness caught her off-guard, but her smile widened nonetheless at the hug, softly chuckling as Maya-san first congratulated her on her promotion before jumping back to the topic of the hot springs.

"I don't really use money that often anyway, so I'd be fine paying...."

Now they were walking again towards the hot springs, slipping inside; at this time of day, it wasn't too busy, so they'd practically have the whole place to themselves, the jounin quickly paying for two tickets before Maya-san had the chance to react, grinning and winking at her friend as they were given towels before they headed into the changing room.

In an instant Omoi's clothes had vanished and she wrapped the towel modestly around her, the wonders of phasing always useful.

"I'll go ahead in."

The human-formed dragoness slipped through the door and into the spacious bathing area, stepping lightly to the washing stations and sitting down, gently setting the towel aside for the moment as she filled a bucket, dampening a cloth in the water and getting the soap, washing her arms first before working along the rest of her body, looking forward to finishing and getting into the steaming waters.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Hearing Omoi say she's pay even after Maya had said it was her treat annoyed Maya, however considering who it was that she was with, it wasn't to accept her words...she simply had to pay for both before Omoi had the chance to. Sadly slight pause at the door as she saw a really cute guy come out of the bathhouse allowed Omoi to go in before her and paying for both.

"Oh my, aren't we getting cocky..."

Maya mumbled as she entered the locker area and started taking of her clothes like a normal person. She felt like Omoi had a different air to her...she was acting more mature than before. True that she always felt more mature than girls her age...possibly because she was a giant lizard in disguise, but she somehow felt different. Maya felt the need to tease her.

She took some time to take her clothes off, put them all in the locker and enter the bath. When she got there, Maya immediately noticed the lack of people inside, that was good, it meant that they would have both room and privacy.
Maya then noticed that Omoi had started washing herself...perfect chance to attack.

"Little Omoi got so big, how I miss the cute little genin I met way back when..."

Maya said as she groped Omoi from behind and supporting a huge smile.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Omoi yelped in surprise as her chest was grabbed, a light pink gracing her cheeks; she really had adapted to human society, hadn't she?

Nonetheless, within a few moments of the sudden attack Omoi was countering with a surprisingly fierce grin, suddenly prying her friend's hands from her chest and rolling smoothly off of the seat, rising with a spin to try to get behind the chunin and grope the human's chest in return; though, if that didn't work, it would probably result in a bit of a face-off until someone decided to make a move or they both settled down to bathe....

Either way, it was the first time something quite like this had happened to the human-formed dragoness. Not to mention a quick spar seemed like fun.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:59 pm

The moment Omoi released herself, Maya knew it was on. Omoi flipped behind her and Maya rolled away at the very same time, turning around and stopping in a comical kung fu like stance...while fully naked.

"My, my...aren't we suddenly full of ourselves?"

Maya said with a smile on her face, it had been quite some time since she could relax and play around with someone she trusted. The whole year she spent outside the village had been one huge ball of high tension and stress...she was either searching through deep dark abandoned labs, dispatching looters or fighting off left behind abominations.

Lowering her arms Maya gave out a sigh, turning her back to Omoi and picking up the towel she had dropped and a bucket filled with water. She then sunk the towel into the bucket of lukewarm water until it was completely soaked, as if she was going to use it while washing herself.

"But we should stop Moe-chin...I mean, it'll be bad if we cause too much of a commotion!"

She said but immediately went back on her word as she threw the heavy wet towel at Omoi's face quickly followed by the whole contents of the bucket.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Reflexes and the forewarning of emotions in the scent made it easy to defend against Maya-san's movements; a quick snap of her hand to grab the towel, smoothly redirecting its momentum to send her spinning, the water splashing over her form.... They were at the onsen anyway, so why should she care about getting wet? It just helped her to wash off before they got in the hot springs themselves.

"Come on now, Maya-san.... Got anything better than that? Or shall we get back to back washing?"

Omoi grinned, easily slapping the towel over her shoulder while still gripping its end in her hand, ready to be used as a weapon or just kept out of the way.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Maya laughed at Omoi's words, she was never expecting to get into a little light sparing session with Omoi at the bathhouse of all places, though considering the company it wasn't all that surprising. However, she never expected Omoi, someone who had known Maya for a while, someone who knew the abilities of someone like Raika and other Kumo natives...to fail to notice how bad a situation it was for her.

"See Moe-chin? This is why I say you've gotten cocky..."

She said lowering herself to one knee and pulling her white hair behind her left ear. Meanwhile her right hand moved down to the wet floor, gently placing three fingers down and looking up at Omoi, still smiling.

"So cocky in fact that you've forgotten that you are all wet...and I'm a lightning user. Raiken~"

A spark jumped from her index finger to her ring finger and then three simultaneous sparks jumped from her three fingers down to the ground, the conditions were perfect for a lightning user, all that water around her and Omoi's naked wet body being a great big target. But Maya wasn't serious with her attack, rather she lowered the jutsu's power enough that Omoi would only feel something akin to an annoying static shock.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:28 pm

The sudden zap was enough to make Omoi freeze in place, sapphire bangs shifting to cover her eyes.

...she hated Raiton.

...she hated getting shocked.

Even after all this time, that feeling still remained.

Suddenly, Maya-san was being dragged into the air, her hands encased in sapphire Ryuujinscale, the fingers kept separate, shackles around her ankles, a band around her waist and around each shoulder and thigh, all hanging her by long, thick, web-like strands to the walls and ceiling.

Omoi smiled, her eyes still hidden from view.

"Maya-san... let's not use ninjutsu in the bathhouse, alright? We might break something, after all. I mean, I could repair any damage, but I don't think the owner would be very happy...."

"Now now, you two. Time to calm down."

Raika stood at the door leading to the changing room, modestly covering herself with her towel, raising an eyebrow at the shenanigans of the two younger kunoichi as she brushed silver bangs out of her vision, a smile on the sennin's lips.

"Maya, she's got a bit of a short temper when it comes to getting shocked by electricity, especially when she's already been stressed. Don't hold it against her."

She chuckled gently as the Ryuujinscale bonds holding Ryuuchi's daughter slowly lowered the chunin to the ground before vanishing altogether, watching as Omoi once again approached the washing station to clean herself off, still quiet.

Raika approached Maya first, gently ruffling her hair with a smile before giving the same treatment to Omoi and sitting in one of the seats beside the human-formed dragoness, slowly beginning to wash while still trying to cover herself as best she could.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:08 pm

The second Omoi trapped her, Maya regretted lowing the voltage of her little shock treatment. Thoughts of frying the human form lizard until she recognized how far cocky she had been crossed her mind but they were immediately dismissed, she wondered if it was her tapping into her competitive side or if it was the result of spending all those months in those kinds of conditions...where you had to fry or be fried.
However Raika soon arrived and put a stop to the little "playful" spar they were having, followed by Omoi releasing her and Raika patting her on the head.

Maya was not good at dealing with Raika...
She had nothing against the silver haired woman that began washing herself next to Omoi, however her father's sins weighted heavily on her conscious. She never really talked much to Raika, if anything they would greet each other why she was with Omoi but she couldn't remember more than three words be exchanged between them during each encounter. Maya wanted to apologise to her on her father's behalf but she couldn't raise the courage to do it, even knowing that Raika didn't seem to hold much of a grudge over being killed, at least not directed at her father...not fully at least, which confused her, for Maya had no proper knowledge of the reason for her father's behaviour, only the basics.

But she joined them in the washing, sitting next to Omoi, opposite of Raika, her head hanging down and her mouth sealed shut.

Ryuuchi

Return to Kumonoshin | "The Heart of Kumo"