A Rough Start (Ryuuchi | Raika)

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

A Rough Start (Ryuuchi | Raika)

PostPosted by Shinsou » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:01 pm

The words of her grandfather were burned into her memory. They lingered persistently in her mind, punctual and damaging like a sharp knife, carving their impression on her psyche like only the words of a person she revered and loved with the entirety of her heart could.

"Your Taijutsu is a start, but your form is pitiful. Leave and find a proper foundation."

People passed her by within the central hub of Kumoteikoku, but her mind was fixated on several things too many. "This looks like it," she said, peering around her environment but somehow managing to look straight through everything in it. Being distracted tended to make her clumsy. It was yet another of her faults. "Pitiful..." she relented, beginning to mope before she caught herself and stopped it.

She needed to become stronger.

Kumo was the place to do it. Home of the infamous BOLT Ops and a gathering ground for some of the most powerful and legendary shinobi in existence. In truth, it was the only place she could think to seek out a mentor. It was neutral and its stability endured passing time.

This had to be the place.

Literally. She didn't have enough money for travel supplies to go anywhere else.

Everything she had accomplished in her life was self-taught, but it wasn't enough. She needed more. Not because of her grandfather and not just to supply her with the skills she needed to help her brother, but mainly for herself. Did that make her selfish?

At any rate, first she needed a clue–the smallest indication that there was a skilled enough person willing to teach her. Surely she wasn't alone in needing a trainer. At least, she hoped that she wasn't alone in that venture.

Asoka approached a sequestered training ground and scrutinized the multitudes of people there, trying to discern which one caught her eye with their talent the most. It was decided then. She would involve herself at the most opportune time in the only way, in her experience, that accomplished fighters liked to communicate with each other—by getting into a battle she didn't intend to lose.

Where was her clue?
Shinsou

Re: A Rough Start (Ryuuchi | Raika)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:44 am

Blood red eyes peeked up in shy curiosity at the newcomer from a few feet behind the older girl, wondering quietly why she was standing there and where she had come from; after all, the older girl didn't smell like Kumo.

A gentle breeze played with the twelve-year-old's long white hair and her red-floral-patterned white kimono, and the girl looked behind her and lifted her hand to touch thin air, smiling gently at the feeling of Sora-kun's smooth beak meeting her palm.

Why hadn't her skills been increasing lately? Her experience kept growing, but she was still so far below Omoi-onee-chan and Otoha-sensei... and they just kept flying higher and higher, where the winds were too strong for little Koyuki.

The human-Henge'd dragoness frowned softly, quietly wondering... did she need to find a new teacher? Otoha-sensei was always busy lately, and she didn't know of any other summoners here but Raika-onee-sama, and she'd never seen Raika-onee-sama use her summons in battle....

It was scary to think of going outside of Kumo to look for a new sensei, though....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:03 am

Being retired at his age never meant that he would live an easy life getting a tan and drinking cold drinks with tiny umbrellas on them from then on. Daisuke no longer had to worry about officially doing missions for Suna, though officially still part of the Wind Country, it was merely a formality to keep him from becoming a missing nin and hunted down like a criminal. He had promised old friends he had made during missions that he would help them in teaching aspiring ninjas and in the meantime he would spread word of the Wu Xing Quan, possibly helping the temple in gaining new members.

He was at the teaching young kids about taijutsu in Kumo, the day before he had been in another, older class, displaying Suna's own blend of Medical jutsu and the day before that he had taught the basics of Summoning jutsus and teamwork to genin. Daisuke didn't see the kids as possible rivals or threats for Suna, rather he looked at them simply as kids looking to learn, plus...it was a request from a friend that he had no reason to refuse.

"Lyke jha be sain, tahkyn hyts ain alays a bad thyn...if yah nuw huw tah tahkeh thim."

The kids probably didn't understand a word he was saying, due to his unusual way of speaking, luckily that class didn't require much tell...just show was enough. Daisuke made a single handseal and swung his hand in the air, immediately summoning three 10 foot tall white rats, covered in muscles, scars and armour. He smiled at the three rats and made a slight bow with his head as a greeting and they did the same, placing their right paws over their chests and lowering their heads.

Daisuke then took a step back and signalled the rats that he was ready. The rush that followed was scary for most of the children, the three large rats charged at Daisuke, punching and kicking him in a series of combinations using bone crushing strength and blinding speed. The cherry on top was when one of the rats picked Daisuke up by the arms and held him up while the two others both kicked him in the gut with jump kicks, sending him flying through the air and landing limply on the floor.
Daisuke laid there unmoving for a few moments, some of the kids and even two teachers were fearing the worst...however Daisuke soon stood up as if nothing had happened, simply cracking his neck as he walked back to the front of the class.

"Seh? Thys clads ah lagah an strungah tan jah an hyt jah as hardah thye cuud, bua I an I be fyn."

He said with a smile to clam the children down and immediately the cries in awe from the kids began, even the teachers clapped...they knew that anyone else would have been on their way to the hospital after receiving such a beating.
After a while class was finally over, the children thanked him and the rats that remained as Daisuke's assistants until the end. Waving at everyone Daisuke then left through a side door, he was done for the day and wanted to get something to eat.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Shinsou » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:35 am

Asoka noticed someone from afar who appeared to be in the midst of giving a demonstration. She sauntered into the training ground in order to get a closer look, trying to avoid the people in her way that were crowding the area with their mediocre combat exhibitions. None of these would do, but maybe the person she had her eyes on could manage something impressive. Lots of onlookers gathered at least.

With her back resting against the tree, the demonstration began. Daisuke brought forth several creatures in a display of the summoning arts—creepy, hairy rats. It was impressive, but useless when it came to honing the discipline she chose for herself.

Sighing, she cast her gaze away, looking with only a casual eye. Once Daisuke got in gear, the rat summons started beating their master mercilessly. "Yeah, that was really impressive," Asoka said with a sneer, watching the man of six foot height drop like a stone.

When Daisuke rose to his feet unharmed, Asoka's expression stretched and she gasped.

"...What? How is that possible? Those hits should have hospitalized the guy."

Her eyes widened with the realization. That had to be a Taijutsu skill. She needed to test him.

Darn. He's leaving. Well not just yet.

She rushed from her starting point in a spell of blinding speed, appearing in front of Daisuke in what most onlookers would perceive as an instant. The momentum scattered surrounding wind. It was the half extent of her base speed. "You," she said, a finger pointed at his chest. "You're good. You're really good–at least from the looks of it. Hm. I have never seen a stance like that before. You can color me interested."

With a grin, she reared back, launching a potent arm and fist with flowing Jinton chakra at his face. It wasn't to catch him off guard, but to ensure that the stance he used wasn't simple smoke and mirrors. If he could withstand her monstrous punch, he was the one.
Shinsou

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:49 pm

...where'd that girl go?

Koyuki sniffed the air, following the older girl's scent, only to end up quietly peeking past her into the classroom....

A rat summoner?

The young girl tensed in alarm as the man fell, only to breathe a silent sigh of relief as he got up unharmed....

The next moments were only noticed due to her ability to read emotions in scent and her time spent watching others' movements.

"You. You're good. You're really good–at least from the looks of it. Hm. I have never seen a stance like that before. You can color me interested."

The older girl was grinning, bringing back her fist--

"Shunme!"

--the fist was shooting forward, only to suddenly get knocked to the side, a ghostly black horse with a white main and tail appearing from nothing, having headbutted the offending arm, ghostly white eyes taking in the two people on either side of her.

Koyuki released another sigh of relief and ran over to the two, blood red eyes looking up at the older girl, only to revert to her shy nature after she'd approached, looking down and fiddling with her long white hair.

"N-no fighting, desu."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 pm

"You. You're good. You're really good–at least from the looks of it. Hm. I have never seen a stance like that before. You can color me interested."

Daisuke noticed the girl approach and speak to him...but the arrogance in her voice immediately made Daisuke completely ignore her existence, just giving her a quick reply while opening the door.

"K..."

By the time the attack was made at him, the door was already open and he was stepping behind it, meaning that Asoka would have slammed her fist against the door. She would have either hurt her hand or broken the door and have to deal with the teachers and staff. But the punch never reached it as it was blocked and Daisuke left the room, slamming the door behind him, ignore whatever else was happening behind it.

"Dai...fighting!"

The sound reached his ears from above his head. Daisuke didn't bother looking up, he already knew who was speaking to him. Mew, a pinkish-white little ghost mouse that was overly attached to Daisuke ever since it's birth had a habit of floating around his head and talking to him. Normally the little ball of furry adorableness turned itself invisible around other people, Daisuke never really found out why, it was either shy or it just liked messing with people.

"Ungray..."

Daisuke replied rubbing his stomach and giving out a yawn.

"But...fight! Fight?"

The little furball asked looking back at the door and then back at Daisuke.

"Uuuuuuungraaaaayyyyyyyy..."

He responded once again, but also lifting his right fist in the air.

"Foooood!!!"

Mew quickly smiled, mimicked Daisuke and landed on his head, still waving it's paws in the air.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Shinsou » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Asoka depended on the forum momentum from her speed to carry her strikes. It carried her alright—straight into the air. Through a combination of her highspeed punch not having anywhere to land and the behemoth of a charging horse graciously summoned by the dragoness to intercept her, Asoka went flying. Her body spiraled until she slammed into a nearby wall.

Twitch.

Twitch, twitch.

"What the heck did ya think you were doing?!" she blurted out, her face puffing up at Koyuki.

Asoka picked herself up and dusted off, then proceeded to march back to the opening of the door. With her arm partially raised to knock on it, she stopped herself, glancing back to the chick who managed to practically send her to her death. Basically. Sorta.

"Who are you? And why are you... Wait, this guy. He impressed you too, huh?"

She grinned again, pointing her thumb at the door.

"I dunno. I always thought fighters liked potential students to show their mettle." Shrug.
Shinsou

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Little Koyuki cowered back at the girl's sudden anger, bumping gently into nothing and pressing back against it....

"Who are you? And why are you... Wait, this guy. He impressed you too, huh? I dunno. I always thought fighters liked potential students to show their mettle."

This onee-san was really misunderstanding.

"N-no, I-I j-just... didn't w-want anyb-body g-getting r-really h-hurt...." She hesitated for a moment, before continuing quietly, "H-home is s-supposed to be safe...."

Meanwhile, a shy little spirit was following the rat-summoner invisibly, peeking up at the pink ghost rat curiously....

After a short while of following, the spirit appeared and took solid form, gently tugging the cloth of the man's pants around his mid-thigh.

Clear blue eyes peered up at the man and the pink rat, short blond bangs crossing the little mouse-boy's vision, his yellow ears perked and slender pink tail resting gently on the floor. He wore nothing but a pair of loose blue pants and thin white socks. The spirit was only two feet tall.

"Nezumi-san, could... could you teach my summoner, help her get stronger? She lost a friend recently in a battle, and even if she doesn't really show it, it's been hurting her a lot...."

Yellow mouse ears drooped, blue eyes turning sad and worried, still gently hanging onto the cloth of the man's pants.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Daisuke looked back at the little boy with peculiar features and tilted his head. He had the feeling of one of his furry friends but looked like a young boy...a tiny...tiny young boy.

"Nezumi-san, could... could you teach my summoner, help her get stronger? She lost a friend recently in a battle, and even if she doesn't really show it, it's been hurting her a lot...."

He opened his mouth to say something when Mew interrupted him by pulling his white hair up.

"Dai Dai! Food! Food!"

Daisuke could only release a sigh, holding on to his leg was a tiny rat...boy...thingy asking him to help his friend while on top of his head was an adorable ball of fur begging for food. But then the idea lit up in his head.

"Mew..."

He said picking the little rat and holding her up to eye level.

"Dai...no food?"

Daisuke said nothing, but though he said nothing he still communicated with the little rat. A helpful little jutsu that allowed Daisuke to communicate with his summons telepathically, taking away the need to communicate verbally...and allowing some to actually understand what he is saying most of the time, because only few of his summons seem to be immune to his...different speech.

"Aye Aye, Dai Dai!!!"

The little furball said nodding her head and floated down to the little rat boy. Daisuke in the meantime pat the spirit on the head and turned around, slowly walking away without another word.

"Friend! Take Mew! Take Take!"

She said tugging the boy's arm. Mew's orders were simple, have the spirit take her to the so called friend, have her judge the summoner and if she liked her...take her to where Daisuke was staying, a small in on the edge of the village, while Daisuke went ahead and got something to eat.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Shinsou » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:30 am

"N-no, I-I j-just... didn't w-want anyb-body g-getting r-really h-hurt.... H-home is s-supposed to be safe...."

"Wha? You were worried about that guy? Even when you saw him remain unscathed from those attacks earlier?"

Her eyes narrowed and her face scrunched up as she thought about it further.

"No, you were worried about me getting hurt. But that makes no sense. As far as anyone who saw the demonstration can deduce, his stance was meant for defense, and he didn't attack. A casual onlooker couldn't know what he's capable of. Which must mean that you're familiar with this person and what he can do! Hm... Is he so in love with himself and his abilities that he'd beat down someone weaker just to prove a point, forcing you to intervene on my behalf?"

Asoka threws her arms up in the air, interrupting before Koyuki had a chance to explain. "Bah! It doesn't matter."

She opened the door and stepped through, making her way through the room in search of her proverbial prey. Along the way, she saw what appeared to be some tiny, furry boy-creature. Asoka yelped and raised one of her legs, trying her best to avoid it.

What the heck is that? Is this guy some kind of mad scientist with rats? Maybe that's his son.

She waited for it to move beyond her path before continuing to march, stopping at the next doorway. Daisuke was making food.

"Hey, rat-boy!"

She glanced back to Koyuki's summon to get another look, reminded of the spectacle. Then she faced Daisuke again.

Huff.

"I complimented you and told you I'm interested in getting trained. You just ignored me! What's with that?"

Well, she didn't exactly ask to be trained, but within the scope of her logic, it should have been clear.
Shinsou

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Koyuki just stared as the strange onee-san talked away without giving her a chance to say anything... and then the onee-san was running after the man from before.

The young kunoichi sank to the ground, suddenly exhausted.

"I don't...."

Little Koyuki stared at the door, still feeling the shockwaves of the onee-san's departure.

Little Hatsu-kun looked shyly to the floor as Nezumi-san patted his head before walking off, only to find the little pink ghost rat tugging on his arm.

"Take...? Oh! Okay, Mew-san."

The little spirit smiled brightly, far more comfortable in the rat's presence than Nezumi-san's--only to hear a yelp and look up, quickly yelping in return at the girl's sudden appearance and darting off with Mew-san in tow to return to his summoner.

Koyuki rose to her feet, dusting off her illusionary kimono and straightening the red sash that held it closed as she heard Hatsu-kun's approach looking quietly back to the door as her summon shot out of it with something pink in tow, the spirit hugging her legs and receiving a gentle headpat in return, a soft smile crossing her lips.

And then she looked up to suddenly gaze upon a floating pink ghost rat creature... and gave it a shy, gentle smile.

"Mew-san... ne?"

She had heard bits and pieces of the conversation in the hallway while dealing with the tiring onee-san, but she wasn't really sure about the name until little Hatsu-kun looked up and nodded.

"My name is Koyuki, desu."

Could the little rat smell that she wasn't human?
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 pm

"..."

By the time Asoka reached Daisuke he was already in a cooking room, he never imagined they had in such a training facility, heating up a frying pan over the stove. When she arrived and started talking Daisuke simply lazily looked to his side at her and then back at the frying pan.
Figuring it would be ok to leave it there for a moment, Daisuke finally moved toward the girl.

"Yah tahk tah mosh..."

He looked up dead in the eye and the suddenly his eyes moved to the side as if noticing something. It was a basic trick he had picked up long ago, before learning a proper martial art Daisuke was the quintessence of a dirty fighter, employ every dirty trick in the book he could whenever he felt threatened. As Asoka looked to the side, Daisuke's hands shot up as fast as he could, hitting both of his index fingers in a spot under her ears and close to the jaw, applying just a hint of strength. After spending so long around other Wu Xing Quan practitioners Daisuke picked up some tricks here and there and he had just used Jiache, a Metal Stance pressure point attack that simply locked the target's jaw in place, it wouldn't keep them from talking altogether, but it was quite useful to teach annoying children a lesson...many kids in Suna feared this from him before he left.

Meanwhile back to Koyuki and Mew.

"White! White! Dai Dai! White!"

The little ghost rat shouted as she flew to Koyuki and landed on the girl's hair, pulling and playing around with it for a few seconds with a happy expression on her face. But then she suddenly raised her head as if remembering something.

"Dai! Come Come! Dai? Dai!"

She said pushing Koyuki by the hair with all the might her tiny body could muster, leading Koyuki and following Daisuke's scent.
Soon they arrived at the same room Asoka and Daisuke were in and Mew popped her head in, phasing through the door like a real ghost.

"Dai? Found Dai!"

She shouted, releasing Koyuki and entering the room completely, she wasted no time in floating up to Daisuke's hair and nestling there while play biting the white strands.

"I an I tud yah tah guyd em tha tah inn letah."

Daisuke said while keeping an eye on Asoka.

"Hungry? Food?"

the little creature responded turning her head inquisitively at him. Daisuke felt defeated by the tiny furball.

"Fyn..."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Shinsou » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:47 pm

"Yah tahk tah mosh..."

She was one of the people who could comprehend the unique accent almost perfectly.

Not that it was much help so far.

"What do you mean I talk mmf ppffh...?"

As soon as she turned back around, the man reacted with his fingers, striking something in her jaw that caused it to almost completely lock up. In her distraction it was too fast for her to respond. She took a second to realize what had happened.

Wait... Did he?

"Aphff phffh mphmf!" she concluded, pointing again. She doubted anyone could understand her mumbling.

That jerk! I can't believe he paralyzed my jaw. Well then...

With a slight twitch, she sighed through her nose and reached into the pouch she carried for a scroll, unraveling the paper and unsealing a notepad and quill. It was supposed to be her journal, but whatever. She began to write. Daisuke had his eye on her while he addressed the other presences who had occupied the same room. Asoka didn't even notice them until she looked back up, blinking confusedly.

Hey, it's that one girl. I probably should ask...

She scribbled something else on the paper.

"Hmph!"

Rising from the table, she held the paper up so that Daisuke could read it.

大丈夫、大丈夫、私はそれを得る
(OKAY, OKAY, I GET IT)
私たちは、ラフなスタートを切った
(WE GOT OFF TO A ROUGH START)
しかし、あなたは私を教えるだろうか?
(HOWEVER, WILL YOU TEACH ME?)

また、どのようにお互いを知っていますか?
(ALSO, HOW DO YOU KNOW EACH OTHER?)
Shinsou

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Mew-san's sudden playing with her hair was a surprise to little Koyuki, but it still made her laugh gently at how friendly the little rat was, her smile widening.

"Dai! Come Come! Dai? Dai!"

And then Mew-san was pushing Koyuki along by her head, much to the little human-Henge'd dragoness's amusement.

"Dai? Found Dai!"

Koyuki stood at the door, Hatsu-kun peeking through the door just as Mew-san had done... only to yelp and quickly pull back out, clinging to his summoner's leg.

"That girl's in there...."

Koyuki grimaced slightly before sighing and opening the door, entering the room as Hatsu-kun hid behind her.

"I an I tud yah tah guyd em tha tah inn letah."

"Hungry? Food?"

"Fyn..."

Koyuki smiled a bit at Mew-san's antics, reverting to her typical shy nature now that they were in company again....

Meanwhile, the onee-san from before was scribbling on paper and holding it up to Nezumi-san, much to the genin's bemusement. She'd been so talkative before, why was she suddenly writing on paper?

Not that she minded in the least....
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:46 pm

"I-man dun...seit bak doun."

Daisuke said answering the Asoka girl's question as he turned back to the frying pan and put it to the side, opting for a huge wok next to the stove, with more people to feed he had to think of something else to make. Daisuke added a bit of oil to the wok, spread it around and while it was heating up he turned to the small child, aiming a ladle at her and then the chair next to Asoka.

"Yah tu Beenie...seit."

He said referring to the girl as Beenie, meaning little in his vocabulary. Daisuke turned back to the wok and after a while he added a couple of eggs and began to lightly scramble them. Meanwhile on the frying pan next to the wok he started on the shrimp. When he was done with the eggs he put them to the side, cleaned the pan quickly and started on the rice. A large portion of rice was dumped on the wok and he began to stir-fry it, swinging it around like a pro chef, breaking it apart with the ladle and rattling the wok a bit. After a while a hint of salt he had forgotten at the start was added, followed by the soy sauce and the eggs were added, giving the rice a beautiful golden colour. Finally green onions and the shrimp were added. Everything was mixed and eventually the stove was turned off. Daisuke turned around and picked up some oranges, quickly and masterfully squeezing them into four cups, one of them smaller than the others and adding water and a hint of sugar.
Finally he turned to the two girls, staring at them for a few seconds...before returning to the wok.

After a few moments the girls and the little mouseboy had in front of them a big bowl of chinese fried rice and a cup of freshly squeeze orange juice. Daisuke taking his own began eating...not saying a word to the girls, merely stopping his chopsticks to unlock Asoka's jaw after taking the first couple of bites.

Ryuuchi

Next

Return to Takama-ga-hara