Guardian Sprite. [Raika]

The many towns and cities tucked in the crevices of the world, uncontrolled by any formal power. Some are friendly. Others, not so much.

Guardian Sprite. [Raika]

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:36 am

Rattling gun-fire rang throughout her ears. The burning sensation of fire causing her skin to dry out and her eyes watered. Glistening red lights poured at her from all directions. Flames snapped and crackled.

It felt like that, at least. The images of fire burning and consuming all around her... the bright red light and the thickness of smoke, she could see it all, but couldn't feel any of the sensations. It was as if she were watching it through a glass screen... but was still in the actual event itself without being separated from it.

- - - -

Seijitsu's finger curled around a lukewarm cup of tea. Her eyes gazing into the light brown brew, she saw a few tea leaves floating around the liquid.
Her index finger curled against the ribbed surface.
Though the presence of the fire or burning wasn't what bothered her the most.
- - - -

A figure emerged from the flames, their back turned to Seijitsu's bothered vision. Long strands of hair blew in the ashes. They stood triumphantly amongst the embers, seemingly unafflicted by burns or flame. They seemed master over them..

- - - -

Seijitsu immediately began to worry for the possibility of Yuki's safety. Was it Yuki that was burning? Her political ties had been managed well enough, had they not? Her Prime Minister Fujimori and cabinet were the hand-selected best who followed her policies...
It would also be a heralding of another event beyond or outside of Yuki's safety...
Her joints cracked softly as she ran her index fingertip over the cup over and over.

It's just a dream... maybe I should relax on it.

The sound of footsteps alerted the blond towards the added presence into the suite's kitchen. Looking towards the windows, light had begun to shine through the cracks.

Akai walked into the room, Seijitsu smiled warmly.

She still is a wanderer...

Her lips turned downwards and puckered toward the side in thought. Seijitsu felt a pang in her heart for the girl. Maybe it was pity, but it was also understanding of the road and the wandering lifestyle that had come from seeing countless patients come for aid at the medical center of Yuki and in her earlier years, Nami.

It was also saddening to think that the girl could be denied care because of lack of finances... Sadly, people needed to live as well, and medical ingredients were often expensive.

Returning her lips upward and into a smile, Seijitsu turned to Akai from across the slowly warming room as the sun stretched it's light over the crown molding of the walls.

"Let's go shopping, Akai. I need to grab some things, and if anything, you can be on your way outside of the resort without drawing attention. And once you're done you can do as you please. I know you could use supplies and if anything a repair on your weapon."

Knowing it would be hard for the girl to accept gifts, Seijitsu kept a relaxed, non-pressing demeanor. She turned her eyes away from the girl and into the tea in her cup. She wanted to make Akai comfortable with the concept, and Seijitsu wanted to feel comfortable with not worrying about that dream.
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

Re: Guardian Sprite. [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 am

Akai smiled shyly in return, feeling out of place. It had been months since the last time she had stayed with someone other than Ryuhou-sensei....

She had dreamed of flying again, and feathers of fire.

The girl held up her hand, making a tiny flame that pulsed like a heartbeat in her palm, watching it dance as she remembered the sensation of weightlessness.

"Let's go shopping, Akai. I need to grab some things, and if anything, you can be on your way outside of the resort without drawing attention. And once you're done you can do as you please. I know you could use supplies and if anything a repair on your weapon."

The flame went out and Akai lightly twirled a strand of hair around her finger, looking at the light streaming from the window as she hesitated.

"...alright. But I'll repair my polearm elsewhere, I heard of someone who could work."

Emerald eyes looked at the various stalls and stores of the market as she followed Seijitsu-san, silently working out what she was low on while also trying to figure out who had the lowest prices with wares that were still of a good quality, watching each vendor to see what she could use to bargain with them....

And then a soft glint of light drew her gaze to a jewelry cart, and she paused, gazing upon something unlike what most girls would choose: a plain ring of steel, etched with a simple wing design.

"Oh? Good eye, miss, this ring is quality crafted. I'm betting you're a shinobi! This steel should hold up just fine in any battle, and its finish will help prevent any scratches or rust--"

"Ah, I'm not looking to buy. Gomen ne, onii-san."

And will a final, reluctant glance at the ring, she moved ahead, stopping at a food vendor to haggle for some travel rations.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Guardian Sprite. [Raika]

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:28 am

Akai was someone different to say the least. She had a calculating sense towards her purchases. Carefully mapping out her possibilities and weighing prices before eventually coming to a decision on whether to buy anything or not. Keeping her purchases minimal herself, Seijitsu watched her actions as they went through the plaza. It was something to get her mind off of that odd dream, but Seijitsu couldn't help but watch the girl move about her way.

They walked past a jewelry cart. Akai's eyes apparently had been caught by one of the rings there.

"Oh? Good eye, miss, this ring is quality crafted. I'm betting you're a shinobi! This steel should hold up just fine in any battle, and its finish will help prevent any scratches or rust--"

"Ah, I'm not looking to buy. Gomen ne, onii-san."

While Akai talked, Seijitsu stood in front of an adjacent stall, her eyes examining a print on one of the dresses while she overheard the conversation. Glancing over her shoulder she saw Akai's reluctant gait away from the stand.

It hurt Seijitsu slightly to see Akai deny herself something. This was a rare moment in their short time together that Seijitsu had seen real want or vulnerability from the child.

Meeting up with Akai just as she was about to leave, Seijitsu smiled as she examined the wares herself in interest. As she watched Akai's eyes, she quickly determined which ring it was that she was interested in.

"May I?" Seijitsu asked, gesturing towards the steel creation.

The shop keeper nodded. "Yes, of course!" As he withdrew the ring from beneath the glass wall it was sheltered in. He handed the ring to Seijitsu carefully. The ring had a sense of density to it, but it seemed to betray this by how light it felt in her hand. Looking around the rim of the ring's interior, there were no artist's markings, while there was the appropriate engraved letters for the composing metals etched into the ring itself. It wasn't a fake, but it had no signature, which was common of steel or iron creations, but this ring felt rather odd.

Still, it held a weird charm over her.

Seijitsu smiled. "I'll take it." Reaching into her purse, she handed him the necessary funds and handed him a slight tip more. "Thank you so much, Sir."

The shopkeeper nodded, smiling.[color=#80400] "My pleasure, Miss."[/color]

As she left the stall, Seijitsu handed the ring to Akai. "I hope you like it." She smiled, chuckling with a sort of satisfaction that only buying something for someone who probably would protest against it regardless could bring. "It's small, and it's my pleasure. So please accept it."
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

Return to Townships and Cityscapes