Scarred Wings [Raika]

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Re: Scarred Wings [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:08 pm

His joke startled her, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks as he smirked and she raised an eyebrow.

But then....

"So unless you're planning on either punching me through the wall after or walk away right now...I think I'll just go ahead and do it."

His hand was warm on her cheek.

He was so warm....

And in the sudden inner turmoil and confusion, she froze, brown eyes never leaving red, shinobi training making her gaze just as calm as his....

Their breath mixed, and then he bridged the final distance to her lips.

Suddenly it felt as if she was being shocked and melting and set free all at once and--

Raika escaped his arms and bolted from the room in an instant, racing through the halls and rooms until eventually she was at her own, darting inside and locking the doors, surrounding herself in comfortable darkness save the sunlight spilling in from the window....

She fell back onto her futon, staring at the ceiling... she found her fingers lightly touching her lips and swiftly laid her arm back at her side, attempting to sort things out.

Her first and last love, Hirai.... He had always ended up vanishing from time to time, until the last when he never came back, even after asking her to marry him, so she'd never had much luck with love....

And yet....

No, she couldn't possibly....

...could she?

Raika sighed deeply, covering her face with her hands and feeling the heat radiating from her skin, likely bright red....

He probably felt terrible right now....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:57 am

"Dammit Ryuuchi..."

He slammed his fist against the table after Raika figure vanished from his sight, pain shot through his whole arm but he ignored it as best he could. What was he thinking saying those things to her? After all she had done for him and Maya...he repaid her like that? After all he had done to her...he still kissed her? Was he trying to take advantage of her without even realizing it himself? He felt like Drake was still in him for a moment.

He was furious with himself for a while, but then other thoughts started racing through his mind. He looked at the hand that he had slammed against the table, the bandages were quickly staining red as one of the wounds had reopened near his wrist, but he didn't really care for it, his mind was somewhere else. He was remembering everything he could since he had arrived at Raika's place. How warm she felt, how loving she had been, how worried she was about him the whole time and how much she made him worried when she showed that exhausted look, but most of all...how calming it had felt just being in that place. He wondered...if everything just culminated in one great, big misunderstanding on his part.

Ryuuchi closed his eyes for a moment, checking where Raika had gone too. Slowly he made his way to her room, each step feeling heavier than before when he went to the kitchen. When he arrived at the door he knocked twice and leaned his forehead on the frame of the door, closing his eyes and taking a deep breathe. He spoke to the door, barely loud enough for her to hear him inside.

"Sorry, Raika...I should never have done that...with everything you've done for me, I had to go and jump to stupid conclusions on my own. I'll leave, please take care of Maya until she's well enough to head home. You patched me up great...I'll be fine now. Thanks...Raika."

He turned away, starting to walk toward Maya's room to grab his coat and see his daughter one last time.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:55 am

Suddenly, Raika panicked, and the door was opening and her hand had grabbed him by the wrist, silver bangs hiding her eyes and the color drained from her face....

Her grip gentled at the sight of the blood, and quick handsigns with her free hand brought about the familiar green glow of medical chakra, both hands gently holding his wrist as she mended the reopened injury.

"Ryuuchi... it's selfish of me, but please... don't go."

She didn't want to be alone again... not so soon.

That was why she was stopping him, wasn't it?

The woman gently led him into her room, sitting down on her futon and lightly pulling him down beside her.

The walls were practically covered in sketches, only the doors remaining clear. Locations, pictures from her imagination... and so many faces, some with marks above their heads saying "MIA" or "RIP", others with those same messages scribbled out and replaced with new ones, or simply left blank.... The faces were loosely organized into groups. All of her friends, even Ryuuchi.... Her parents and the wolf that was just as much a member of their family.... Even Raidra, in a full-bodied drawing, the dragon-demon with her twin tails flying proud and free, the simple message of "RIP" at the top of the paper....

A small set of shelves held a picture of herself and several of her Kumo friends after the ninja-samurai civil war, as well as other small trinkets of variable importance....

Raika was still holding onto Ryuuchi's wrist, as if afraid he would disappear, and a broken smile formed on her lips, silver bangs still keeping her eyes hidden.

"All of my friends from the old days, all the people I can ever open up to... they're either dead, missing, or living outside of Kumo in places that are hard to find or far from here. The sole exceptions to that are Long Fei, who is currently a living statue in the center of the village, and you, being here right now.... Omoi's got more than enough to worry about, so I try to avoid making her worry about me, and the village itself sees me as a pillar of strength, someone anyone can go to for comfort.... The "mother" of Kumo, I think I've heard them say."

A brittle laugh.

"You know... I had a fiance, once. He had a bad habit of disappearing, but he always came back.... The last time he disappeared was around the time Drake killed me, or shortly after. By now, the world knows I'm alive again, but... he's never popped back up. I guess by now he's either dead or found a new life."

The last time she had shown anyone how fragile she had become was... that time on the Rolling Thunder with Tsuuki and Supaiku, months and months ago.

"It seems like everybody keeps running off and leaving me alone lately.... And if I ever see them, it's just for a short while."

She just... she needed someone around to keep her from shattering. Someone to talk to who could actually talk back. Someone who could hug her when she needed it.

Her thoughts were jumping around now, settling on faces alive, faces dead, faces she hadn't seen in months or years, and the dam was breaking, silent tears slipping down her cheeks and mixing with the dried blood to leave black-red streaks, all the while keeping a broken smile.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:16 pm

His eyes took in the images on the walls, it was Raika's way of remembering those she had met in her life, even he had a place there for him. For a few moments he tried to remember everyone important to him in his life...there weren't many, probably not enough to even fill a quarter of the walls. However if he were to put up the faces of everyone he had killed or done irreparable harm to since Drake's awakening...then no wall in that house would be left blank.

"I'll stay..."

Ryuuchi looked up at the ceiling when he said that, raising his free hand to massage his neck as he spoke in a calm tone of voice.

"I'm still technically a criminal...but I'll stay as long as you want me to."

It was true, even if Drake had been the one to do it, his body was still recognized as that of a criminal...so he didn't know realistically speaking how long he'd be able to stay, but when he said he'd stay as long as she wanted then he would damn sure stay as long as she wanted him to.
He looked down at her and gently moved the hand she had been holding up, around her shoulders and then moved to her side of the head opposite to him. Gently he pushed her head down to his shoulder and looked up at the ceiling again.

"But while I'm here, if you don't wanna to smile...then don't. I rather see and hear you cry out loud than seeing that forced and broken smile you're putting up."

It hurt the most when he saw that smile of hers, that wasn't the Raika he knew but more like a mask she tried to show others...a mask that seemed to be falling apart in that situation.
He lowered his head placing his chin on top of her head and spoke with a small smile.

"Cry, laugh, cheer, rage...even acting spoiled works, as long as that's what you wanna do. Cause I damn sure will be doing the same. Howzat sound?"

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:20 pm

There were a few moments of quiet as Raika just sat there in his arms, his chin resting on her head, her face buried into his shoulder....

And suddenly she shuddered, giving in, her broken smile falling apart as she sobbed, her arms wrapping tightly around Ryuuchi as tears flowed and she crumbled.

It felt like she cried for an eternity, salty tears burning her eyes and her throat growing sore, until she finally calmed, exhausted again, her arms loosening....

But, at least for now... the weight in her heart had lifted, if only for a little while, as she rested in the protection of his warmth, trying to block everything out but his heartbeat, the rise and fall of his chest, the gentle pressure of his arms around her, his warmth....

...maybe... it wouldn't be so bad to fall in love again.... Would it?

Raika exhaled softly and gently pulled back, wiping her eyes with her hands... a faint smile on her lips. And then she was gently, wordlessly guiding him down onto his stomach on the futon, her smile widening ever so slightly at the curious confusion in his red eyes before she shifted, rising onto her knees beside his waist, gentle hands moving on his back and shoulders with applied pressure, slowly easing the tension that had built up in his muscles from the pain of a year of torture....

Maybe.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 pm

He did not expect a random massage after such an emotional display on Raika's part. Though, as he laid there with his face down on the pillow that smelled like her hair and her hands on his back masterfully pressing the right places that seemed to magically take away years of tension from his body, Ryuuchi wondered when was the last time someone had done something like that for him without them being forced or it being an order. He couldn't remember...not even Yakuin who had a rather unnatural obsession with him ever...spoiled him.

"Damn...you're too good at this..."

He said turning his to look at her. When she pressed a certain point along his spine, his legs reflexively stretched to their fullest which in turned caused pain in his legs, though his back was feeling wonderful. Another point was pressed and the tension in his neck that he kept massaging recently felt like floating away with or without the rest of the body.

He had told Raika that she could act spoiled all she wanted around him if she wanted to, yet she seemed to be the one to spoil him soon after. Though it didn't feel remotely near bad, instead he actually felt something he hadn't felt in a long time, perhaps ever...that he wanted to be spoiled a bit longer, but most importantly...by Raika.
He turned around on the futon and looked up at her as she remained kneeling by his side, looking at him inquisitively. For a moment he had flashes of years before, his slaves in the same position, though their looks were of absolute adoration and obedience, to what they perceived as a God...there was no affection within their hollowed stares. But quickly he dismissed those memories as not being his, they were Drake's and for once he was starting to tell them apart quite easily.
Ryuuchi smiled up at Raika and put his hands behind his hand, winking at her as the smile grew a bit mischievous...the same smile he always liked to carry.

"You know what? I want you to spoil me more..."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:38 pm

A soft chuckle escaped her lips, brown eyes warm as her hands lightly touched his chest.

"I never said I was done, you know."

More gentle massaging, more well-placed pressure, easing his abs and pectoral muscles before she gently pulled first one arm into position, skilled hands loosening up the muscles all the way from his shoulder to his hand, then repeating the treatment with his other arm.... And down she went to his legs and feet, massaging them into relaxation as well.

And when she had finished, she shifted, sitting beside the futon and gently leaning her side against his stomach, elbow propping her up on the other side of his body as she smiled, appreciating his warmth against her side and the surprisingly relaxing effect of being so close to Ryuuchi....

When did this suddenly start feeling so natural?

"Hmm.... Unless you can think of anything else for us to do, I think it's about time we both took showers. Or baths. A bath sounds nice."

Her back arched as she stretched, her arms straightening out over her head and legs extending, letting him support a portion of her weight for a moment before she sat up, a gentle smile gracing her lips as brown met red.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:13 pm

A bath...Ryuuchi couldn't really remember the last time he had taken a proper bath. He wasn't one to be ashamed of such things but aside from the occasional buckets of cold water used to wake him up and the heavy rain three days before...it had been around a year since the last time he took one, hygiene isn't usually the main priority for a torture victim. Then his slow mind came to the sudden realization...a bath...naked...possibly together...possibly with more spoiling. He wasn't one to shy away from such an idea...

"A bath...can't say I don't desperately need one."

He said with a smile, though the two remained there for a few more moments, enjoying eachother's touch and body heat, it took a lot for Ryuuchi to part with it after tasting that warmth.

Soon they stood in front of a door and the fantasy that he had created in his mind came crashing down hard on top of his head. Raika explained how he would be using the guest bathroom while she used her usual one. A large sigh escaped his lungs as he grabbed the door knob and he looked at her one last time, with a very disappointed expression.

"I heard medics helped wash their patients..."

He said already turning the knob, already expecting her to answer with some joke to match his own and send him packing into the bath.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Raika chuckled softly, approaching him and gently taking his head in her hands as she rose to her tip toes, her lips touching his forehead for a moment before she released him and smoothly lowered back to her normal height, smiling.

"Only when the patients can't wash themselves, and even then only if they're the same gender," she chastised gently, her smile widening slightly as his eyes lit up from the kiss.

And then she turned, walking back to her room and the master bath....

It was only a matter of time before she was sinking into hot water and soap suds, a soft sigh of contentment escaping her lips as she leaned back against the side of the tub and let her muscles loosen in the heat before washing for the first time in a few days....

And she couldn't get him off her mind, her smile lingering.

Raika ran her hands through damp hair as she stood on the porch of the inner garden, gazing out on grass, flowers, the single tree, and a rock-bordered pool. She had exchanged her mednin suit for a simple loose blue t-shirt and and black form-fitting shorts, her feet remaining bare and all clothing made of Ryuujinscale, courtesy of Omoi.... It was just more practical, and allowed for an added bit of protection if an emergency ever arose.

Brown eyes stared at the water, darkening and growing distant in remembrance of her worries and pains....

And as soft footsteps approached on the wooden floor, the expression faded, brown eyes turning to meet red, her smile returning.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:11 pm

At least he got a kiss out of it...

Ryuuchi removed the little clothing he had on and entered the bathing area. After washing himself he moved to the lone shower on the side, to wash off the soap...his hand turned the handle, setting it up to the maximum temperature possible. It had been a boon to Ryuuchi for many many years, when he took a shower, water any colder than that would be akin to a cold shower, however the steaming hot water made his scar ache and he had plenty of those. However, unlike other times his mind wasn't on the scars but on somewhere else...rather someone else.

After getting out of the bath Ryuuchi used his own scales to form a pair of loose pants and a sleeveless shirt, all black in color. It was funny how both were dressed in clothing made by dragons (or dragonkin), though considering it was those two it seemed quite normal.

"Smells like Omoi..."

He said approaching Raika. She smiled at him but he frowned at her as he looked over the blue clothing she had put on after the bath, clothing that smelled like Omoi.

"...I like your smell better..."

Though it could be considered as weird for a guy to say something like that with a straight face, one would also have to remember that Ryuuchi's sense of smell was far better than regular people and what he didn't identify with his doujutsu, he did it through smell.
Ryuuchi stopped next to Raika, looking out into the garden in silence for a bit...when was the last time he had seen such a beautiful and green scenery? Or was it just beautiful because Raika was there with him and she was the only thing he could think about at the time. Regardless, it was a great view.

"Found this while cooking a while ago...Kanpai?"

What he held out to her was a small bottle of sake while in his other hand he held a much larger one...who would have thought Raika had such strong alcohol in her house.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 pm

The comments about scent widened her smile... until she saw the bottles of sake, and her thoughts flicked back to when Supaiku and Tsuuki had spiked her drink... and suddenly she was grimacing slightly.

"I... don't drink. I use that for cooking and in case a guest wants alcohol...."

But then that disappointment appeared in his eyes again, and Raika sighed, knowing that there would likely be a lot of teasing in the morning if he remembered anything, but....

But if it was just him around....

She could live with it. Maybe.

"...just this once, though, I suppose."

Raika had gotten drunk surprisingly quickly, and the result was them sitting on the porch as she snuggled and cuddled him openly as she sat in his lap, nuzzling his neck and into his shoulder as she smiled brightly.

He set down the larger sake bottle, and she took the chance to gently push him onto his back, snuggling contently into the warmth of his chest as she sighed happily.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:55 pm

While Ryuuchi apparently kept his high tolerance to alcohol, having chugged most of the large bottle and only feeling slightly intoxicated (possibly due to his Kirinketsu bloodline), Raika's tolerance seemed to be between horrible to none existent as she became completely drunk after just a tiny bottle of the stuff.

"Raika...maybe we..."

He said putting down the sake bottle next to him, but was quickly and promptly interrupted by Raika...pushing him down and snuggling up to him. She had done it before a while before, however it was never at that level, it seemed like alcohol took away all her inhibitions, not really showing any of the emotions that previously made her stop from going that far.

"Ok...so this is happening."

He said looking down at Raika seeming quite happy to be resting her head on his chest. It felt good to be honest, it felt wonderful to be that close to her, to be able to do all of that with her...however the Raika that was doing those things was not the normal Raika. Two issues arose from this...first off if he did anything to her she would kick his ass the next day after sobering up...and the little matter of the conscience, that Ryuuchi was not known for having, kept bugging him that doing anything would be bad...very very bad.

"Raika, how about I take you to bed?"

He grabbed her shoulders and lifted her slightly from his body, looking at her and forcing a calming and kind smile in hopes that she would agree.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:32 pm

"Aww... how come?"

Raika pouted at the sudden separation between the two of them; she'd been enjoying how warm he was, and his scent, and his heartbeat, and his funny comments and reactions....

Her head tilted down, brushing her suddenly-smiling lips against his fingers, brown eyes on him as one of her hands rose to caress his cheek.

"Not used to someone being nice to you?"

Her smile became a grin, obviously joking... but his hesitation before he responded made her pause, and she gently broke out of his grip to hug him close and roll the two of them over so that he was on top, gently kissing the part of his shoulder uncovered by the shirt before she let her head rest on the ground, soft brown eyes meeting startled red in drunken innocence, not even thinking about the position they were in, just appreciating the chance to be so close to him....
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:47 am

She was a completely different person when drunk and it was surprising him quite a lot. She spun around and ended bellow him, immediately starting to kiss his shoulder and looking at him with teasing yet innocent eyes...it was killing him.
Ryuuchi lowered his head so his forehead made contact with her's, making it so their eyes were just inches apart from each other. He started at her for a few moments as she started back, he could feel her breath in his face and he was sure she could feel his own, he moved his right arm up, cupping her cheek with his hand. Her colder forehead felt good against his own and his hand and her flushed cheeks felt wonderful against his hand.

"Come on now Raika...a guy can only hold himself back so much..."

He jokingly said with a forced grin but also a sigh at the end. If she wasn't drunk he'd already have made a move on her, he'd already be taking her lips and become more aggressive in his approach. But he remained passive, it wasn't the time and she didn't have the right mindset for something like that.

His hands wrapped around her body as he put the weight into his knees, his body cried out a bit from the sudden effort but he was fine, it wasn't anything he couldn't easily handle. Ryuuchi raised Raika from the ground, lifting her up and carrying her like a princess.

"Alright...bed..."

He said taking the first step inside the house, hoping he could reach her room without any major incidents.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:05 am

Raika's arms looped around his neck and she snuggled into his shoulder with a content sigh as he carried her, listening to the steady beat of his heart and feeling his warmth and the gentle strength of his muscles, brown eyes looking up at him....

"Ryuuchi...."

Red eyes turned to her, and her lips caught his, brown eyes closing as he froze and she smiled into the kiss.

But then she sensed eyes on her, and Raika drew back, suddenly dazed brown eyes looking around before falling upon a white-haired girl dressed in black, father and daughter exchanging a few words before the woman suddenly smiled brightly.

"Maya~!"

A smooth twist had her out of his arms, landing on all fours before she rose, wobbling for a moment before she darted over to the girl, sweeping her into a gentle hug and spinning around with a giggle, soon rubbing her cheek against Maya's and giggling again as the panicking girl struggled, easily breaking free of the drunken sennin's grip before shouting at her father.

Everyone was just being so funny today!
Raika

PreviousNext

Return to Takama-ga-hara