Scarred Wings [Raika]

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Re: Scarred Wings [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 am

Raika sighed softly, resting her elbow on the table and propping up her chin with her palm, brown eyes meeting blue.

"I gave up. At this rate... the rumors won't end up mattering much to me, anyway. Like you said... always a bit of truth in them if you dig deep enough."

She smiled a bit at that, her gentle gaze still upon him.

"Besides, you told me to act spoiled if I wanted when you're around," she murmured softly, her smile widening ever so slightly.

Then she cocked her head slightly to the side, a spark of curiousity appearing in her eyes.

"So... did you grow up in Kumo, then?"

His parents and a large portion of his family were in Kumo's main cemetery, but... she was having a surprisingly hard time picturing him as a kid, even if he acted like one at times.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:39 am

"Good, I wanna see you act spoiled more...you keep spoiling others too much."

He said holding back a chuckle. Then she asked him about his childhood in Kumo and he stopped for a few moments, raising his hand to his neck and trying hard to remember the bits and pieces that remained of his past.

"Kinda...the main house was located outside of the village and we rarely were allowed outside the property but we came to the village some times. After the whole Drake incident I moved to the village, my brother went to live with a branch family since he was the firstborn...and didn't end up killing the clan...Hmm, I pretty much lived here till I was around 14 or 15, then I started moving around. I don't exactly remember why I kept jumping from village to village though..."

He sometimes wondered why he kept moving from place to place like that, it wasn't unhappy with his life in most places, though when Drake finally got free things changed a bit, Oto was pretty much the only place he was free to do as he pleased, he knew Kumo would never allow many of the things he had done.

"How bout your childhood?"

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Raika's gaze shifted to the window as she thought back, not really focusing on the movement outside as she instead focused her thoughts.

"Initially... I was a pretty normal kid. Though my dad's been the head of the clan council all my life, and my mom leads the part of the clan that took wolves for partners rather than dragons.... I lived in the clan's village with my parents, which is basically a hollowed out mountain and a bunch of underground caverns and tunnels. Only child. I found out about Raidra when I was seven.... My grandfather had died sealing her into me the day I was born, when she attacked our clan in the days before we moved underground. I guess I got pretty antisocial then, running away and hiding and being depressed.... Some of the adults and kids had always been mean to me, and then I knew why. It was a long time, maybe a year, before I started spending time with other people again, but I didn't really play with the other children, I just spent my time learning and training. The Hofushi are mainly a clan of swordsmen, though there are those who choose other weapons, too. And we have been a neutral clan for a long time, but there was always a chance someone would find the clan and attack it, like Raidra did... so we were always ready, always training and learning. Though the other kids always played more than I did.... When I was ten, like any other kid, I took the Ryu no Kami's test.... He's the five-headed dragon I summoned before, the leader of the dragons we contracted with, and he tests each kid to see if we're worthy of summoning his kin. I passed, and summoned Seira and Ichijin.... Ichijin was stubborn at first, his pride hurt over being summoned by a kid. Seira was always kind and gentle, though.... Think I first activated my doujutsu around that time, too, during a spar against another kid my age. And then... when I was 11.... I just left. I wanted to see the world, so I became a wanderer. And I tasted my first blood when some rogue nin attacked me, and Raidra took over, and they died along with some of their captives. She wasn't always a friend to me, she used to be so angry and distrustful.... But eventually I ended up in Kumo when I was 16, and I've stayed here ever since."

There were times when a glint of sadness or pain appeared in her eyes, others a smile in fond remembrance, others... just calm, like when she described her first kills, though there was a flicker of regret when she mentioned the captives.

"Come to think of it... it's been years since I last visited my parents...."

The realization was one of minor surprise, but that was all. She'd been so wrapped up in life here, in the happenings of the world, that she rarely thought of her isolated birthplace anymore.

It was only a few moments after she had finished her story that the food arrived, the waitress setting a simple plate of onigiri and a glass of water before the sennin before setting a hefty bowl of Gyuudon before Ryuuchi, bowing before departing to take care of the other guests.

Raika, meanwhile, was eyeing the bowl. "Are you sure your stomach can handle that already?" she asked, picking up the first of her riceballs and taking a bite out of it.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Ryuuchi watched Raika tell him her story and started wondering that they weren't that much different. They both had demons attack their homes when they were born, they both have those demons inside them afterward, they both never left their homes much, they both were looked down upon because of the beasts inside them, they both struggled against their demons and they both lost them eventually. However their paths in life were what set them apart, while Raika managed to hold back and eventually befriend the monster inside of her eventually leading a life of helping others, he hid away from his monster creating layers of protection inside his mind while he was lead through a path of hurting others. The thought of this coupled with the events of the night before and that morning...made Ryuuchi crack a smile, who would have thought that two people with similar origins but opposite paths would reach such a relationship between them.

"You should visit your parents sometime...I bet they miss you."

Then the almighty bowl of meat and rice arrived!

"Oooh yea...don't worry about it. Though if it kills me at least I'll die with a full stomach!"

He said with a laugh as he lifted the huge bowl with one hand and held the chopsticks in the other. Like before he started chugging down the meat and rice like nobody's business, even making some patrons stop and take a good luck at the barbarian sitting with the refined and educated sennin.
Taking advantage of a pause to breath a sudden thought popped up in his mind.

"You know? I wonder what that little hatchling Omoi would say if she saw us...then again knowing Maya she's probably already spreading the gossip to her."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:30 pm

They probably did miss her... but they knew she had a lot to handle here.

And then Ryuuchi made the comment about dying with a full stomach, eliciting a brief glare from the sennin, followed by a quick stuffing of the rest of the riceball into her mouth before she lashed out at him for joking about such a thing....

Like hell she'd let him die as long as she was around.

After all, she didn't want to lo--

"You know? I wonder what that little hatchling Omoi would say if she saw us...then again knowing Maya she's probably already spreading the gossip to her."

"Mm? Mmph."

Raika chewed and swallowed the rice in her mouth before grimacing.

"She probably won't be too happy.... Back when you and I first met, one of your personalities, a black-eyed one, ended up making her terrified of you, and then there was the incident with Drake and that kunai.... So... she essentially hates you right now, even if she's friends with Maya."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:43 pm

At the mention of "the black eyed one" Ryuuchi couldn't help but choke on the mouthful of beef he was trying to swallow. Coughing his lungs out and hitting his stomach, he quickly jumped on Raika's glass of water, chugging it down and finally clearing his throat, allowing him to at least breathe once again.

"The black eyed one...yea...hmm...haha...yea..."

He looked everyone but at Raika in the moment, outside his side focused on a couple passing by holding hands, his gaze quickly shifted to a child throwing a ball at another not far from the couple, then to a flock of birds flying over the hospital. His gaze then shifted inside the restaurant, looking at the patrons that stopped when he started choking on the beef and gave them a nervous smile. All the while his hand was massaging his neck as he held a clearly nervous expression all around.

Ryuuchi didn't really know how to break it to Raika that Shin, the one she called the black eyed one was actually him putting on a tough guy act with the help of other personalities in order to keep Drake away. It was a complicated time then, Ryuuchi...the personality everyone knew as Ryuuchi had gone through a dark path already and held no guilt for his actions while Shin kept it all instead. Thus why he slept so much...why he was always in another place than the mess that was his own mind, to keep away from it all...from thinking.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

When he choked, Raika's eyes widened in alarm, wind already swirling at her finger tips in case she needed to clear his throat for him... but then she relaxed when he could finally breathe and speak again, her relief causing her to miss his nervousness for a moment, her hand reaching across the table to lightly brush his fingers, concern in her brown eyes.

"Dammit, I told you to slow down...."

And after a moment she noticed he was looking everywhere but at her and massaging his neck again.... and she slowly drew back in confusion, crossing her arms on the table before her as she tilted her head to the side, frowning.

"What's wrong?"

What on earth was he hiding?
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:02 pm

That was a path he didn't want to thread upon, it brought him back to when his mind was a gigantic mess of personalities fighting each other for dominance, but ultimately they were all decimated by Drake years later, both his "supporters" and his "enemies" leaving only what was thought to be the original Ryuuchi and Shin...he a deep dark corner of the subconscious.

"Well...hmm...that guy, the black eyed one...he was kinda...maybe...sorta...the real me..."

Shin wasn't completely the same as the current Ryuuchi, because of the merge that occurred between the different personalities and most importantly the one others thought was the "original" with the personality known as Shin. The merging of personalities and memories six years ago gave form to the current Ryuuchi and being the only personality left in that mess of a mind of his allowed him to finally be one...mentally, he is both the original and not...but he IS Ryuuchi.

"I acted tough to keep Drake at bay then...then again, I never was the nicest of people..."

He said with a nervous smile, trying his best to not look Raika in the eye, even picking up the bowl and starting to eat as if nothing had happened.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Raika stared blankly at him for a long moment, the waitress coming and refilling the cup of water before heading back to her duties in the interim....

She was running through every memory she had of the man before her.

The day they first met, the time he randomly drugged her, the day Drake killed her, the time they finally met again at the last Yuki Ball, the stormy night he showed up on her doorstep....

Black eyes stared at her as she stood between him and Omoi, she unflinching and calm, he emotionless and oddly curious as he grabbed her chin.

"You... are interesting...."

A giggle escaped her lips, followed by another, and another.... Her hand covered her mouth as she tried to stifle the laughter, but it came out anyway, an endless stream of giggles that made the others in the restaurant look at her like she was insane, but she didn't care right now as she gasped for air amidst the convulsions of mirth, her eyes tearing up, managing to gasp out an "I-I'm sorry--" before she lost control of herself again in a fit of giggles.

And she laughed at the complete and utter madness of it all.

...she hadn't laughed that much or that hard in a long time.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Ryuuchi blushed out of embarrassment, it was probably the first time in many, many years that he had done that...as Raika laughed to the point of tears his cheeks grew hotter than ever and his face became redder and redder. He casually set the bowl down and dragged it to the side a bit to clear the way for his face, he literally just let his head drop to the table, making everything on top of it rattle and pain shoot up to and from his brain. One hand then rose to his neck again and the other just waved off the laughing Raika as she tried to apologize.

"Go ahead and laugh...I was just a brat trying to act cool and tough in front of two cute girls."

He waited for her to start calming down before he lifted his head, frowning at her as his cheeks remained red.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:08 pm

When she finally calmed down enough to wipe her eyes and meet his gaze again, what she saw caught her off-guard, eyes widening and mouth partially open as she felt heat rising in her own cheeks....

He's blushing....

Suddenly she broke into a grin, silently wishing that he didn't have to wear a Henge so she could have seen it on his true face... but with his expression, she could picture it just fine, and her grin only widened.

She set her elbows on the table and loosely clasped her hands, hiding her lips behind them, softly murmuring four little words that suddenly seemed so natural, her voice so quiet that only he would hear her.

And as his eyes widened and his blush intensified as she caught him off-guard, she lowered her hands to the table, smiling widely, her own blush still remaining as brown eyes met blue.

I love you, Ryuuchi.
Raika

Previous

Return to Takama-ga-hara