i'd like to say some things.

Do you have a question on the system? Do you have an idea to make it better? Post here! Good ideas come from everywhere, don't be shy.

i'd like to say some things.

PostPosted by shuu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:10 pm

hey guys lets stop telling people all these abilities are "banned". i don't think they are.
as a former jutsu mod and someone who has gotten many of these of abilities myself, often with admin consent, they aren't banned. they just, as in the Complete Jutsu Guidelines says, requires admin consent. hey get that

consent

not banned.

these include:
  • Teleportation
  • DBZ Speed
  • Rasengan/Chidori
  • Rinnegan
  • Sharingan
  • Eye Transfers
  • Senjutsu
  • Genjutsu Immunity
  • Infinite Chakra
  • Izanagi / Izanami style techniques
  • 8 Gates
  • Chakra Blasts
(hey arzur it doesnt say anything about space/time in there. word2u)

while I agree some of these will be much harder to get ahold of than others (for example, Rinnegan, Infinite Chakra, Genjutsu Immunity, Izanagi/nami), if not nigh impossible, the official wording is they are not BANNED. they require admin consent.

this may seem like a very very very minute and pointless distinction to make, but it actually matters. like, of course a newbie isn't going to be able to ask Tsu for permission and get access to anything on that last, but in the past, people have finaggled and negotiated getting those abilities, and you still can. You just have to be smart about it.

word to site vets: don't be elitist d-bags. i haven't seen anyone do this, and don't consider this some warning coming from the soap box (especially considering who is saying it) but just be careful. don't push people away. be nice. (i feel everyone here is nice, though.)

word to newbies: if you want one of those abilities, don't give up. the worst you can get is denied. if putting it on the back burner until your character is otherwise developed is what you need, then do it. it'll probably work out better for you, and you might even realize you don't need these abilities. in the meantime however, try to get what you want to get.

this is coming from somebody who has had access to more than half of those "banned" abilities over my course of the site, a jutsu mod, a kage, and someone who's just been around here way too long for my mental health. take this all into account please.
Last edited by shuu on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

Re: i'd like to say some things.

PostPosted by raiza » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 pm

I think you are a douchebag most of the time, but this is one of the few instances where I agree with you.

So long as the extremely outlandish abilities are moderated, everything else should be fair game. This includes specialties, elements, jutsu, etc. Why we continue to have all these restrictions is beyond me considering the number of people who actually rp around here has diminished greatly.

However, shit won't change no matter how much we contest it. Just one of those things in life~
DEATH PA-N-DA
GO TO HELL!!
(DIVINE PUNISHMENT)
THE DEATH PANDA HELL
IS THIS AN ILLUSION?
(MAYBE NOT)
QUENCH MY THIRST WITH BLOOD
(CATCH ME)
*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*
C-COULD THIS BE MY....!!
BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!!
LA-LA-LA-LA
raiza
Bathed in the Blood of a Billion Galaxies

PostPosted by shuu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:21 pm

raiza wrote:I think you are a douchebag most of the time, but this is one of the few instances where I agree with you.

So long as the extremely outlandish abilities are moderated, everything else should be fair game. This includes specialties, elements, jutsu, etc. Why we continue to have all these restrictions is beyond me considering the number of people who actually rp around here has diminished greatly.

However, shit won't change no matter how much we contest it. Just one of those things in life~

raiza I'd think if you actually every think-tanked with me you'd find me to be a very agreeable and positive person.
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

PostPosted by raiza » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Probably.

My impressions are merely based on the original Shuu and not version 2.0.
DEATH PA-N-DA
GO TO HELL!!
(DIVINE PUNISHMENT)
THE DEATH PANDA HELL
IS THIS AN ILLUSION?
(MAYBE NOT)
QUENCH MY THIRST WITH BLOOD
(CATCH ME)
*SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE*
C-COULD THIS BE MY....!!
BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!!
LA-LA-LA-LA
raiza
Bathed in the Blood of a Billion Galaxies

PostPosted by shuu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 pm

there is no difference between the original shuu and version 2.0

i just think you're perspective and interactions with me and the site at large have changed

but whatever, meta-analysis of myself can't be honest
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

PostPosted by Saga » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:08 pm

I used to be annoyed with Shuu, until he applied logic to my brain . . .
ImageImageImage
Saga
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 pm

raiza wrote:However, shit won't change no matter how much we contest it.

When was the last time anyone contested any of this?

Honest question, not rhetorical.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by shuu » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 am

Tsuneo wrote:

I can't say I really agree with raiza with his sentiments regarding "nothing will change". I mean, the present administration has been giving out bijuu, uchiha, etc via a lottery essentially. However, things won't change unless people push for it-- but I do not see anyone pushing for the abilities mentioned above to be available en masse to everyone, for multiple reasons.
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

PostPosted by Saga » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:06 am

Tsuneo wrote:

Most people would rather not rock the boat . . . plus as far as I've seen from lurking, there are plenty of cliques that circle a few things around. If indeed the days of major PvPing are over on NC then what's the harm of loosening the belt eh? [/devilsadvocate]
ImageImageImage
Saga
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 am

If I went ::snop:: here, have everything unlocked, what do you think will happen?

Again, honest question, not rhetorical.
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by shuu » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 am

Tsuneo wrote:If I went ::snop:: here, have everything unlocked, what do you think will happen?

Again, honest question, not rhetorical.

The core usergroup of the site (all active members that have been active for the past year or two or more) will likely not change their creation process at all.

Newer users or a few exceptions to the above group will start using some of the "locked" abilities. They will either likely get bored with them for one of many reasons. Reasons likely being a) they are not as appealing as they sound b) no one will want to RP with them when they have a multitude of these abilities c) once they get them, they won't know what to do with them.

If they don't get bored with them, I think it'll be because either they are good enough writers / amicable enough to attract RPs from other people despite having previously "locked" abilities, or they're just the kind of person that can put on godmode in a video game and still play it for hours on end.

People like (i'm sorry for using you as an example) Barret will likely not even really abuse this stuff; I think if these things were open and allowed for everyone than half of the appeal of them is gone.

This isn't the case for all of those abilities, however; things like the Rinnegan and Infinite Chakra or Genjutsu Immunity make sense.
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

PostPosted by Shinsou » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:24 am

My only suggestion would be to give legitimate story related purpose and preferably an interesting spin to stuff like this. If all of it were allowed across the board and people started jumping on a bandwagon to jank it, the abilities would lose their flavor and appeal.

Not inferring this would happen, but still.

What's so cool about a Senjutsu if 30 characters have it just because it's cool?

Nothing.

But it can be cool if the character learns it for x ambition or y clause, or if they do something with it like utilizing the natural energy to coalesce into natural elements. Then you could be like a badass shinobi Avatar for a short while to vanquish Firelord Ozai.

As for what would happen, it seems to me like it would open more possibilities for people to have big plot comebacks, or maybe aspiration fodder. If they get creative with it, there's even more potential there. But really, the problems would sort themselves out because nobody gon' play with some uninteresting powergaming cluster of existential nothingness.
Shinsou

PostPosted by shuu » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:33 am

(this is going to end up just like topic9166-15.html#p88034 did. you heard it here first)
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

PostPosted by Shinsou » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:43 am

That's the Tsu we need.
Shinsou

PostPosted by shuu » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:47 am

I was speaking more of peoples reactions than what he came up with, with no regard to what he said, this was the discussion; ala

tsu: lets think about some possible changes that mean little to nothing for you, but allow a lot more explanation, depth and customization for other people? sound cool?
bunch of other people: HOW DARE U RUIN NARUTO I WILL QUIT IF U DO THIS I HATE U NO DISCUSSION ALLOWED

tsu: hey lets cut down on these giant villager mod forces because at this point every member of the site is a mod? think it'll work guys?
bunch of other people: HOW DARE U MAKE MY VILLAGE NOT IMPORTANT OBJECTIVELY I WILL QUIT IF U DO THIS I HATE U NO DISCUSSION ALLOWED
ouch lol
shuu
d
d

Next

Return to Questions and Ideas