Escaping Nightmares. [Kaitou]

Outside the walls of the major cities, the Snow Empire boasts a variety of climates and landscapes. From the frozen glacial desert of the north, to the deciduous rain forest in the south, the four provinces are fun to discover for those who can keep their wits about them. Wild beasts of primitive and dangerous proportions loom in the corners of even its most barren wastelands, and the criminal elements are almost free to roam anyplace that is secluded from civilization.

Escaping Nightmares. [Kaitou]

PostPosted by kimahri_ronso » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 am

Heishin floated once again in a void that seemed to pay him a visit every night since he and his sensei, Junan, spoke outside the village walls. The void was seemingly endless, but the boy had realized by now that was not true in the slightest. There was a clear, Up and Down, to this darkness and heading in either direction would lead him to a mysterious place. He had seen both of the places, but he had only entered one of them. This time, he planned on entering the other place. The upwards path. When he had traveled to the other place it seemed natural, because within the mind he had grown accustom to gravity pulling him downwards. It was mentally exhausting to try and fight against what had been programmed into his brain, but there was a way.

Within the void the boy sat in a meditation stance and closed his eyes, not that it made a difference. He remembered what the other place had held for him. Memories of the past, good and bad. It was only an assumption, but what he had to do was very clear in his mind. He had to let go of all of himself to get to that higher place again. The things that bothered him most, and the things that he felt attached to.

"Junan..." The most recent addition into his life, and his ticket to freedom. He had to forget him, not for good, but for a moment.
"Sister!" She had been taken from him... It as the reason he was with Junan in the first place. He'd give it all up to go home with her though... Home...
"Mother...?" What was wrong with her... She was sick? Hurt? Suffering?

It took a while for Heishin to let this one go, because more than the others it caused him to wonder. The pain of losing his sister, and the harshness of his sensei made them easy to ignore within the void. However, his mother had made everything possible for him. She had done nothing wrong. He had no reason to forget her, and she was suffering. How could he abandon his own mother? "Mother... I'm letting you go. For you are my greatest cause of sadness."

It wasn't long after that Heishin lifted his head. He couldn't tell if his eyes were closed or open, but it didn't matter. He could see it, faintly. A small star shinning in the void. He didn't, or rather couldn't, look away from it. It was the only thing that mattered to him right now because it made him happy. Then he focused on the small star and slowly, he could feel himself drifting towards the white starlight. The small start grew bigger and brighter with each passing eternity that Heishin felt he was living. If he stopped focusing he could just live for ever in the light, but instead he kept moving towards the intensifying rays. Very soon, like a tunnel, he emerged from the light and he was in a completely different scenery.

The green grass on a level plain seemed to stretch on forever in all directions against a crystal blue sky. The sky itself seemed to provide the light for this place, because there was no sun or noticeable light source. It was just bright. Directly in front of Heishin something stood out. A green hill rose from the level plain. He walked towards it, and up it until he reached the top. From the top he noticed something spectacular. Butterflies were roaming the plains. Why hadn't he noticed them before.

There was something else at the top of this hill, and it resonated with everything. It was the center of this realm, it was the life of this realm, it was the keeper of this realm. It wasn't a god, or a being, but a simple still puddle. Upon first glance the puddle looked shallow, but staring down on it from above you could see no bottom. The water was crystal clear, and any mans gaze could penetrate the still waters, but there was just no bottom. A hand reached out to the water. It's feeling was non existent, almost like a mirage. The waters didn't even ripple from his touch. He removed his hand and looked deep into the water, trying to find any indication of a bottom or side. Nothing.

After a while Heishin finally relaxed in the place, and a few questions crossed his mind, like, where was he or what was this place. He had nothing else to do there, so he finally asked one of the questions aloud. "Why am I here?" At first nothing happened, but then a ripple converged from the edges of the waters and a small drop rose into the sky. The butterflies began to gather to the lake, and Heishin had no other choice but to look back down inside. A vision of sorts over came him, and several visions flashed through his mind at an accelerated pace.

In the darkness his sensei loomed over an unsuspecting victim and murdered them with no thought at all. The blood was everywhere. Heishin found himself trembling now within his dream. His vision continued on to the victim. Initially, there was nothing for him to see, but soon enough he could see the victim and the tears rushed from his eyes as the color fled his skin. It was his sister lying in a puddle of blood. Heishin somehow entered the scene and kneeled over his sister before he hears a whisper. It was her whisper. "Heishin... Mother... She's..." In an instant he turned around and saw his mother against a tree. He was paralyzed, and his sensei slowly creeped towards her. He couldn't do anything... Then a loud scream echoed through his vision and the images of his sensei torturing his mother played before him. It was all he could take before his mind felt as though it was ripping in two.

He awoke, sweating and panting in his bed. He had to leave, to get away for a while. He couldn't stand these dreams anymore. They were killing him mentally.

In the midst of the night he packed up his things, and left a note at his bedside for his sensei to find later.

Spoiler:
Dear Junan,

I'm afraid I need to leave this training behind for a while to allow myself to relax a little. Lately I have been mentally distressed, so much that I can hardly sleep at night. The thoughts of my mother and my sister... I just need to take a break. I'll try not to be gone too long, but if I am don't look for me. Just know that I will be ok. Have faith in yourself, for you have taught me well. Have faith in me, for I am your student. And have faith in God, for he will watch over us both.

Heishin.

With the note now completed he traveled to the workshop and went to the corner to pick up a special scroll. It contained two basic katana that he had bought recently for his training, but now he felt they would be of better use with him. Maybe he would need to defend himself from something? Who knows.

Using a window Heishin let himself out of the house into the cool night air, back pack loaded and scroll in hand. Then he wandered through the streets and thought of a way to get out of the village. He had done so many times before, but this time he wasn't coming back immediately and so he had to sneak out of a different part of the village. Also, he didn't want his sensei following him. The business district made that easy for him, as he could sneak out of one of the trading stations. It was true what Junan said after all... Yukigakure was a friendly village and there was much less security that there should be on its' border.

"Ignorance." The thought flashed through his head while he walked away from the villages' border.
Last edited by kimahri_ronso on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 2 3 4 5 Image 5 4 3 2 1

Spoiler:
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸DUBSTEP„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø,,

Spoiler:
"[Nihil Timendum Est - The 50th Law]"
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
kimahri_ronso

Re: Escaping Nightmares. [Kaitou]

PostPosted by Kaitou » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Clang.

Sparks shot off metal as a hammer rained down punishment on a blade so thick it would have put Zabuza's famous sword to shame. For once in his life the smith of the craft cared naught for the appearance of his physical body nor that of his work. There was only the weapon and its master.

Clang

All the pleasures of life poured itself from his tool into every notch of the massive formation of metal. In the next crushing blow his anger raged across its surface, melding pure orange with fireflies of light. His father had once told him that blacksmithing was more than just a job duty. It was the chance for a warrior to show their art without bloodshed. Just as painting tugged at the coil of a man's core, so did this craft pull from the depths of the soul. Right now, Zouka Michio wanted to be harder. Harder than anything ever made in the universe. He wanted to wrap himself in a shield so strong he would never feel pain.

Clang

The man, clothed in only dark woolen pants worked tirelessly through the day. Usually, purchasing a tent upon the busy business street meant actually trading commerce with others, but his work had become an obsession. All other stimuli were slowly shut out until it was just him and his weapon. Flashes of chakra infused itself into the giant sword in the shape of a net of energy that coursed through the fiber of its being. However, it wasn't until the smith broke a dozen weapons on its edge that he was truly satisfied. In the dark of night, when most rested in the safety of their dreams, he finally finished. Underneath that pool of sweat and emblazed in silver, across the hilt, was a single word. Titan.

"Zouka-san. Have you finished?" A small framed woman peeked anxiously through the slit of the green tent. Her eyes seemed to dart everywhere but the half naked man in the center of the room. From the sound of her voice it would seem that his lease on the space had come to an end.

Michio silently settled the weapon across his shoulder as the room filled with an aura of white light. Slowly, but surely, the forge which had taken up the majority of the room compacted itself into a necklace against his chest. "Yes. Thank you for your kindness."

The young captain tossed the servant an extra gold coin for her service, then began making his way towards the edge of town. The newly improved weapon was slung over his shoulder with its chain being used as an anchor to his body. He was too lost in thought to think of sheathing the sword in his scrolls; an idea that would likely have set well with the sparse village guards he passed on his walk towards the exit. Perhaps, it was the fact that he was leaving that the guards kept to themselves, but if he was in a talkative mood he would have told them to shift their attention to the shadily stealthy youth making his way through the business sector. The kid had trouble written all over his face and he should know since he used to be the greatest troublemaker of them all.

"Ah, Michi-san! Here for your horse?" The voice belonged to an elderly stable hand. He worked for a tavern owner at the edge of town and seemed all too eager to serve what he presumed to be a young lord. That's what an extra exchange of coin did to a man. Not that he could fault the old man since that had been his original intention when he added silver to the total. "She's been a feisty one all day. That one's not used to being penned up I bet. HEY, gibralde, go fetch that chestnut mare we got this morn'."

"She's pretty set in her ways for her age." A wry smile wrung itself on his lips. Spitfire would be a handful for anyone not well versed in pleasing a diva.

So, he waited for what would be a long ride back to his battalion.

- Don't Be Afraid To Create A World -

- Where You Dream No Little Dream -

Kaitou
Master of Disaster
Master of Disaster

Re: Escaping Nightmares. [Kaitou]

PostPosted by kimahri_ronso » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:57 am

The snow began to fall gently outside the village, as it often did before a snow storm occurred. The moonlight and the descending crystals helped to create a peaceful scene, something he needed to calm himself down. Every step he took away from the village border made him more anxious, but he had to let himself drift away. He was so accustom to his sensei showing up and 'testing' him when he tried to relax himself that it made him seem jittery. Soon though, he was able to relax himself a little and he decided it would be in his best interest to pray now, while he was sure that he was alone.

The boy got down on his knees and took out a holy text.

"I never know what to look for when I take out this book, but somehow you always show me the right scripture." He flipped through the pages in the book for a few minutes, and then settled on a scripture to read. Hopefully, it would be the right one for him now.

Heishin read aloud slowly, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers... whenever you face trials of many kinds... because you know that the testing of your faith... develops perseverance.” Each time he stopped he made a note to himself. How could he relate this to this current situation? He had just ran away from him sensei, his friends. They had just aided him greatly, and had begun to bond. A breath in, and a breath out. The cold air turned his frustrations into mist.

"I must rely on God in my times of need, I must not forsake him... because with faith comes strength. Strength that will not fail me. I must use God to pass my trials, for he will guide me along the way."

The boy remained on his knees, resting his weight on the back on his heels and looked around for a while, expecting to find something or someone. "God will guide me, but I must wait for him." But how long can I wait...?

It wasn't long before the storm snow started to fall more heavily, and Heishin became worried. If a full snow storm were to happen right now, he might not make it to shelter. Despite the thoughts, he didn't move. The snow and wind began to pick up, and all Heishin though about was that he had to wait. If he couldn't stay there, if the storm drove him away, he would keep moving away from the village. There was no way he was going back before he made it home.

What was he saying to himself just now? If his faith failed him...?

1 2 3 4 5 Image 5 4 3 2 1

Spoiler:
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸DUBSTEP„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø,,

Spoiler:
"[Nihil Timendum Est - The 50th Law]"
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
kimahri_ronso

Return to ::- Yuki no Kuni - The Great Provinces -::