Two Sides [Raika]

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Re: Two Sides [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:30 am

A hand rested on her stinging cheek, shock overcoming all functions for a few moments before her body set in motion, fear launching her after her beloved at top speed, bouncing off walls when that was faster than simply running until her hand caught his shoulder and she leapt over him, feet slamming into the wall as she sank into a crouch to soften the impact, only to flip back off to stand before him brown eyes filled with fear and worry, all for him, meeting crimson, her hand reaching out to catch his wrist, the simple contact easing her a bit, but....

Her free hand reached up, gently cupping his cheek.

Don't go where I can't follow... don't fall back into that hell again, her eyes begged.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:21 am

He stopped in his tracks just staring at her. He was perfectly sane, what had happened before was just an incident, a moment of mental weakness. However the reason he ran was that the same moment of weakness resulted in laying his hands on Raika, even if it was something small like a smack to push her away, he still reacted without thinking, he still hit her on instinct. That was unforgivable, she was someone he promised to never hurt and he had just hurt her...not only that but for a moment he didn't want to just push her away...he wanted to hurt her badly, he wanted to take her down and beat her.

No...

No not her, but rather what he thought he had seen and heard. He saw her image before and then heard her voice, the same person that kept him in chains for nearly a year and the same person who's throat he wanted to tear out with his bare hands. The problem was that he saw that person instead of Raika, he saw Chiyoko in place of someone he should never harm.

His hands grabbed Raika's wrists very gently, as if he was grabbing an old and frail porcelain doll. He looked her in the eye and then at the bruise on her cheek, followed by his eyes closing for a few moments.

"I don't know what happened...but I need to be alone, if it happens again I don't know what can happen...I don't want to know."

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:44 pm

After a moment of quiet, she raised lightly to her tip-toes, leaning in to softly kiss her beloved before she lowered back to the flats of her feet, resting her head on his shoulder and her chest against his, closing her eyes.

"Love... if you're planning on running from the world again, stay by my side. If you just need time to think, be back by morning or I'll come looking for you. Either way... if something worse happened, I wouldn't just sit there and let you hurt me until you regained your senses. I can hold my own, as I have before... so don't worry too much about it, alright? I'll protect you, and you'll protect me. If one of us slips, the other will catch them.... After all, Ryuuchi..." her head raised, softly kissing his cheek before murmuring in his ear, "...I love you, with all my heart."

And then she pulled away just enough to look up and meet his gaze, her chest still against his, her thumb gently stroking his cheek as she smiled softly, reassuringly, tenderness in her gaze.

She wanted to brush away his doubts, see him happy again rather than watch him wander the dark corridors of his mind... but all she could do for now was encourage him, try to make him relax and smile, even if she couldn't succeed at first.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika

Previous

Return to Takama-ga-hara