Two Sides [Raika]

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Two Sides [Raika]

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:30 am

Folding laundry...such a tedious task, though in turn is allows someone who has a busy day to think about certain issues.

Her face hit the pile of clothes and a muffled groan came out. Why had she done such a thing? Why did she felt like crying when she saw him in that alley? Why did she slap Tatsuo? Why did she scream at him when her first intention was ask if he was alright? Why did seeing him with the Sennin annoy her so much?
She had already gotten over him years ago, that was what she kept telling herself. She was fine with being single, truth be told every men she tried dating ended up being an annoyance to her after a couple of weeks. There was always something, he was too clingy, he was too absent, he was too withdrawn, he flirted too much, he had too many annoying little habits, he didn't share her likes...he snored...he talked too much...her dog didn't like him...there was always something, always.
She held neither love nor grudge against Tatsuo, so much time had past and even though he visited often for a while...she knew a relationship was not going to happen again, but he was also the only one who's habits she always forgave or even found cute while they were dating...nearly a year they dated and aside from the occasional fight, his good and bad traits were never something she used to break it off.

Her wolf like black and brown dog whined while pushing her snout against her master's arm a couple of times. Hitomi rose her head and flipped the hair in front of her face behind the left ear, she then looked down at her dog and smiled at her, patting her on the head, scratching behind her ear and finally giving her a kiss on the forehead which the canine took advantage to lick Hitomi's face a couple of times.
Suddenly the dog's ears perked up and she moved her head to stare at the front door.

"What is it Mana?"

Hitomi asked as she got to her feet and patted the dog between the ears again. It was then that the door bell rang, confirming her suspicions as to why the dog had been staring at the door...a visitor. She slowly made her way to the door, calling out to the guest to wait just a moment. The lock opened and the door followed...then she saw who the guest was, the same woman that was respected by everyone in the village and the same woman that was in his arms two days before. She held back a sigh and forced a very small and just plain courteous smile.

"How may I help you, Hofushi-sama?"

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

Re: Two Sides [Raika]

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:15 am

"Please, just call me Raika.... Sorry to bother you, but may I come in? I was hoping to talk if you're not busy."

She could sense the tension in the other woman's form, as well as the curious stares drilling into her own back as she smiled gently, her voice kept low and conversational to attempt to prevent attracting too much attention....

Maybe she should've come in disguise.

Normally the stares wouldn't have bothered her, but if they affected Hitomi's judgement....

There were days when she really missed the anonymity of her younger days, when the villagers didn't decide to try to poke their noses into her personal life.

She just... wanted to try to smooth out any problems before they grew.

Hopefully.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:32 am

Hitomi looked around at the people walking behind Raika and somewhat understood the situation, Raika was still one of the most well known and influential people in the country, the simple fact that they were near each other brought the attention of busybodies and gossipers. With a slight nod and a wave of the hand Hitomi signalled Raika to enter the house. As the Sennin entered she pointed with her finger toward the living room just a few paces away.

"Please take a seat, I'll get some tea ready."

She taught her daughter to be polite with guests, it would be hipocritical of her if she treated Raika any less than any other guest, especially someone of her standing...plus being in the kitchen to make the tea would give her time to take a deep breath and shrug off the frown mean glare that had started to form after the smile faded away.

As Raika sat down on the couch Mana, the dog, lifted her head for a bit, looking at the woman straight in the eye for a couple of seconds but ended up laying it back down, ignoring her presence any further.

"I doubt you have any real interest of talking about me or my daughter, so that would leave Tatsuo."

Hitomi said after returning from the kitchen with a tray holding two cups of green tea and a sugar bowl. She sat down, placing the tray on a table between her and Raika and picked up her cup, not adding sugar and taking a sip.

"Then again, I am already aware of your relationship so I doubt there's much to talk about."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Brown eyes met the dog's quietly for a long moment until she lost interest, and then the sennin's gaze shifted about the room, simply listening and soaking in the atmosphere of the house... and what she had sensed from Hitomi.

Raika looked to Hitomi as she approached with the tea and sat across from her, smoothly picking up the remaining cup and taking a quiet, thoughtful sip, gentle brown eyes still studying her lover's ex, remembering what had happened when the two women had first met.

The tears on Hitomi's face. The look on Ryuuchi's. The way he had simply stood there as she slapped him, just apologizing....

"He's a real idiot at times, isn't he?"

She lowered the cup, looking down into the steaming liquid, simply thinking, running through recent memories.

Their first kiss, her retreat, his reaction.

When he just held her close as she cried.

All the damage he had suffered, both physically and mentally.

That first night together.

Flying with him.

Comforting him.

His smile.

All of those precious moments.

She chuckled softly.

"He's a dense idiot, and yet there's something about him that just draws you in."

Brown eyes raised to meet Hitomi's then, an odd mix of gentle kindness and protective ferocity in her gaze.

"While I'm here... forget my rank. Forget my fame, what people say, what I've accomplished and done, all of it. I'm a woman trying my best to live my life, just like you are. I don't want a mask of politeness when you can just give me a piece of your mind."

Her hands tightened slightly around the cup, ignoring the heat.

"Ignore pain, bottle it up, and it'll all just explode someday."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm

She had thought the same thing for a very long time, Tatsuo was an idiot, a dense idiot. Even when they were still dating he never picked up on any of her signals, she had to practically spell things out to him so he could understand. She also always had a feeling that there was more to him than what she knew, that he was keeping something from her and everyone else. There were more cons than pros to him, she had even made a mental list at one point, yet there was something about him that made her not want to let him go...until he left by himself.

Despite calling him an idiot herself many times, especially to his face, hearing it from another's mouth didn't quite sit well with her. In fact everything that reached her ears didn't sit well with Hitomi at all. She gently lowered the cup in her hands and brushed the hair from her face.

"With all due respect Hofushi-sama..."

She kept her polite speech pattern, though her words felt much heavier than before. Her brown eyes, calm but still sharp, looked dead into Raika's own.

"...like it or not, you are a figure of great importance to this country. You are a symbol to everyone, people look up to you be it for safety or guidance. I don't know you personally and you don't know me, we are not friends or long time acquaintances...there's really nothing between us that would begot me acting familiar with someone such as yourself. You are not a normal person, we are not of equal standing and as such, I will not treat you as if we were."

She paused, thinking of her next words for a moment.

"That said, I will speak my mind as you wish. If you are here to discuss the altercation between Tatsuo and myself...then I will remind you that it was a personal matter between the two of us. On the other hand if you are here to discuss your relationship with him then we have nothing to talk about...we have a daughter together,but that is as far as our relationship goes."

She picked up the cup again and took a sip to moisten her lips.

"If you have any other matters to discuss then by all means, I'm all ears. If not then I do believe someone of your status should be quite busy."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Raika simply sighed, taking another sip of the tea before setting the cup gently on the table and rubbing her eyes as she muttered, "Always the rank, always the fame, always the... everything. Hell."

It was situations like this that made her miss all of her old friends, the ones that she had known since her genin and chunin days. They, at least, treated her as herself, rather than just focusing on her rank.

At least, now... she had Ryuuchi to see her for herself. He was good at that.

Brown eyes turned back to Hitomi as Raika leaned back, crossing her arms and quietly studying the woman.

She was getting nowhere like this.

So she picked up the cup of tea again, taking a sip.

"I've been considering taking on Maya as a student, actually. From what I've heard from Omoi and Tatsuo, and what I've seen in the times I've talked to her, she has a lot of potential."

Maybe the mention of Maya would let Hitomi loosen up a bit... or it could have the opposite effect. Raika honestly couldn't predict the woman's actions.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Hitomi couldn't help but release a sigh at Raika's new attempt, it was more than obvious what she was attempting to do and Hitomi wasn't really the kind of person that liked it when people went about things in such a round-about way...or people that didn't really get a clue and know how to quit.
She took another sip from her tea and then calmly let out a short string of words.

"My daughter is an adult, she hasn't needed my permission for anything in years. If you have business with her then she is the one to talk to, not me."

It was straight to the point and hopefully didn't leave much room for Raika to continue. But just to make sure, Hitomi got to her feet, placing the cup down and moved behind the chair she had been sitting on.

"Unless you have anything relevant to say, I'm afraid I'm much too busy to sit around drinking tea, Hofushi-sama."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Raika's jaw clenched, and in her mind's eye she saw him as he lay there, injuries old and new from his torture. His pain, his anger when she tried to take on his pain for him. Then his expression when Hitomi had slapped him, the way he had looked when they went back to her house, his expressions when she made him explain what had happened....

"I don't want to see him getting hurt anymore, or taking the blame. He's been hurt and blamed far more than he [badword] deserves. Is this messed up world of death and pain, we're supposed to band together to find and protect that one fragile light of safety and warmth. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but they do. It happens. You wanted me to behave like I'm the famous Silver Dragon of Kumo, the Head of the Medical Department? There! I've killed countless people, I've seen countless deaths, countless injuries, all of it! I've lost friends close enough to be called family! I shouldn't have to tell you what the battlefield is like. That is why I hate people focusing on my rank. I've been through hell and back, I've made my accomplishments, but all I want is to be happy, just like anyone else. And all we can do is keep living, but we can't just bury the past without facing it."

Her mouth clamped shut before she could go further into her tirade, the feeling of her lover's nearby presence cooling the fires of her anger and frustration until she closed her eyes with a slow sigh, loosening her tensed muscles and calming the tempo of her heartbeat.

"...I'm sorry. I shouldn't've...."

Her eyes opened to reveal pupiless blue irises, her gaze turning to the door, only confirming what her instinct had told her.... Her gaze softened as she noted the energy patterns that told of his hesitation, concern, unhappiness... and she sighed again, rubbing the back of her head as she closed her eyes once more.

"What a mess...." Her voice raised a bit, "I know you're out there," and eyes opened to reveal normal brown, gazing at the door just as the dog was.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:49 pm

She wasn't at all surprised to find out that Tatsuo had been standing outside listening in on the conversation, he was just like Maya with her extremely good senses which was quite troublesome at times for a normal human being like her. But one of the reasons was due to Mana having gotten up only to sit down in front of the door as if awaiting for someone, she only did that for Maya and Tatsuo so she had a 50% chance of guessing right and with Raika there the chances increased.

He unlocked the door, he was always doing that despite not having keys and quite frankly it was an annoying habit he had, he never knocked just simply let himself in and it often resulted in an argument.
One of the worst cases had been around ten years before, having given dating a shot for some reason she was at that time dating a strapping young lad, a recent jounin of the village that had the most bewildering pair of green eyes. They were having tea after a lovely fourth date, Maya was sleeping over at a friend's house and the night was quite promising. That was until he showed up, unlocking the door as if he had a key and entering the house like it was his own. When the jounin saw the tall shady looking man enter the house he got to his feet, Tatsuo noticing the guy let out a laugh and scratched his head, ignoring Hitomi's angered shouts. Soon they were face to face or rather Tatsuo was looking down on the lad with his blue eyes challenging the green ones, Hitomi shouted at both of them, telling Tatsuo that Maya was not there and to leave. The lad, seeing Tatsuo ignore Hitomi grabbed the larger man by the collar...Hitomi had never seen a Jounin on his knees with fear in his eyes. She had always known that Tatsuo was stronger than he looked but she never imagined how far ahead from her imagination he was, Tatsuo only exchanged a few whispers and the lad dropped to his knees like a sack of potatoes. A few moments later the jounin had left in a rush, avoiding eye contact with both Tatsuo and Hitomi but she noticed tears in his eyes.
After smacking him in the head and shouting his ear off, Tatsuo simply said he was testing the man, that he didn't like him and the failed test proved that he wasn't worth anything in his eyes. She argued that he had nothing to do with it, that it was her life and that he had nothing to do with it but she was ignored. She did not speak with the lad again after that, he avoided her completely.
A couple of months later there was a large scandal, a young jounin had been found to be a double agent for another village and vanished without a trace, taking with him money and valuable information...along with a heartbroken girlfriend.

But back to the present.
Tatsuo entered with a obvious troubled expression, stopping to pat Mana for a second he made his way to the living room entrance, leaning against the door frame and crossing his arms. Hitomi looked him dead in the eye with a greatly displeased glare and then switched back to Raika. He had been out there for a while but only now did she call him in? Coward. Those were her pure thoughts, ones she preferred not to voice.

"Are you done with the pity speech?"

Hitomi finally asked Raika in a casual tone. Perhaps it was never Raika's intention and she never realized it herself but the whole speech she had emotionally blurted out sounded like a plea for someone to pity her, the lonely ninja with a sad past. Hitomi was about to ask her to leave once again when Tatsuo spoke up rather calmly.

"Hitomi, stop being unreasonable. Just..."

But his words were promptly cut off by Hitomi who glared daggers at him. If looks could kill, that glare would have slaughtered millions. Thought one thing to note was how much her voice was risen for a few seconds.

"Just what Tatsuo? Just what? Just listen to what she has to say? Just have a friendly conversation with her? You say I'm being unreasonable? Fine then..."

She looked back toward Raika, though she began speaking in a calm tone like before her words were still sharp as blades.

"You said a a lot of things Hofushi-sama. You said that you don't want to see him hurt, that you are tired of seeing him being blamed and that we have to band together in this word correct? Well there is such a thing as being accountable for one's actions, no matter how much people band together a perfect society without fault or need for forgiveness does not exist and will never exist as long as we are human so when people make mistakes they have to be held accountable. I never blamed him for anything he was not at fault with, his actions led to OUR daughter going missing for a month, being taken and having God knows what done to her. I'm her mother Tatsuo...she said nothing happened but I've noticed that something did, I don't know what but Maya is not the same she was months ago. I just hope that whatever is keeping her from remembering doesn't stop working."

She paused when she noticed Tatsuo switch off, he was gone again...lost in thought due to her words. She turned back to Raika.

"Countless deaths? Lost friends close enough to be family? Excuse me if I seem insensitive and don't pity you. We've all lost someone, we've all lost people important to us. I've lost friends, I've lost family. Tatsuo and Maya have lost both as well. Everyone has tasted death and all of us here have been on the other end of the blade that has taken friends and family away from someone. Yet we all want happiness and what is happiness to you now? Dating Tatsuo? Well good for you, you've found a bit of happiness everyone searches for, but do you want to know what I think? You came here to talk about it anyway right?"

She noticed Tatsuo snap back into reality, but continued.

"This so called love you share is nothing more than two wounded people leaning on each-other for support. Hofushi-sama, you're lonely because your rank sets up a wall between you and everyone else while those that are already close to you keep disappearing from your life one way or another. Tatsuo on the other hand finally freed himself from problems that haunted him for a long time but being free without a set goal or destination is a meaningless freedom so he chose to lean on someone and make them the goal until he finds a more permanent one. I don't know you Hofushi-sama but I know your type. As for this blockhead, I've known him for a long time.
Tell me Hofushi-sama, what's his favorite food? What are his hobbies? What's his favorite color? When's his birthday? Simple questions, but can you answer them? How about you Tatsuo, can you answer them when it comes to Hofushi-sama? No, you can't...I have no idea how long you've known each-other but it is more than clear that you two rushed into this out of necessity. Rather than let something like love develop between you two, you forced it to grow, that is not true love, neither of you know what that even feels like when it comes to each-other, all you have is this test-tube anomaly you made in a hurry when you saw an opportunity to satisfy your needs."

"Enough Hitomi."

He cut in, perhaps a bit to late but he still did and he still noticed the look in her eye when she stared at him.

"Leave..."

She simply said to the both of them, turning her back the two and moving to the open front door.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Before Hitomi ever reached the door, Raika was gone, turned to electricity and escaping through the electrical systems of the house.

The emotionless state of pure energy freed her mind as she shot through the wires that bore her home's electrical power, navigating the network with calm familiarity, her passing unnoticed by all but sensor-types until she finally reformed atop a power station, launching into the air before diving off the side of the mountain itself, her heart heavy once more, clarity gone, running on all fours like a wild animal....

Minutes later, she stopped, standing in a place that smelled like death to her even now, when years of nature's work had rid green and brown of crimson and branches above had regrown.

A silent turn of her head, a flash of memory, seeing a single golden eye and a ruined one, crimson hair and rage turning to tears.

She remembered the void of death and its chills sent her running once more, darting through the forest at top speeds, trusting his weakened condition to keep him far behind her if he had chosen to follow....

She launched through a meadow, broken trees and massive tracks still found in the tall grass.

She ran further and further, scaling heightening slopes until she stopped at last in a wide valley littered with relics of battles long past, the land already dead. In the silence punctuated only by the whistling wind and her breaths and heartbeats, she tugged off one glove, biting down on her thumb until blood was drawn and handsigns were formed, extending her palm out before her.

Smoke consumed her and the valley, and a faint flicker of medical chakra healed the tiny injury before she pulled her glove back on and sudden wind played with her hair, fierce brown eyes staring up to meet five staring back down.

Blue and white glanced at each other, bronze sighed, crimson and gold grinned.

There were no words exchanged, none needed, before Raika launched forward with a fearsome roar, brown eyes turning lightning blue as her dance with the Ryu no Kami began, punches and kicks connecting more often than not with scales while the five elements chased after her and fangs, claws, paws and tail lashed out.

Blow by blow, the great dragon was being forced back and into the defensive by the sennin as she lost herself in the thrill of combat, seeking herself and her answers in the balanced chaos.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:15 pm

"Did she just turn into lightning?"

Hitomi asked as she held the door open and stared at the spot Raika was previously standing on.

"Yup...it happens. She probably needed to cool off."

He responded quite nonchalantly, as if it wasn't the first time he had seen her do it or at least something of that level.

"Oh yea, quite the mature one you got there Tatsuo."

She was expecting the sennin to leave after basically throwing an inconvenient truth right in her face, but she wasn't expecting such an overreaction from a woman only a couple of years younger than her. It was kind of disappointing really, that she reacted in such a way...that she had such a poor grasp on her emotions if string of words sent her running in such a manner.
Tatsuo on the other hand just waved her off and headed back to the living room.

"Don't be bitchy Hitomi."

He said before sitting down on the couch, Mana immediately following him, wagging her tail as he rubbed her head.

"I told you both to leave, not just her."

"I know."

And there it was, he was doing as he pleased without any regard for others...again. An annoying habit which she dreaded have gotten used to and one their daughter picked up along the way.
She shut the door and headed back to where she previously sat

"I hope you didn't stay behind to tell me I'm wrong and I should apologize."

"Not really."

And then silence, only the dog's pants could be heard as Tatsuo scratched it all around her head. His face grew a bit too close and a tongue filled with drool ran up his cheek, but instead of pulling back and wiping it he responded by licking the dog's snout and releasing a short and low laugh. Mana always reminded him of Rin.

"Hmmmmm...are you going to say something or just sit there playing with my dog?"

"Who's a good girl? Who's a good girl?"

He teased Hitomi by ignoring her completely, sticking to playing with the dog. It worked until Hitomi moved to get up from her seat.

"You know what? I don't need this. Remember to shut the door when you leave."

But his words stopped her from getting up.

"You're not wrong."

He said and finally stopped playing with the dog that, perhaps sensing the tension, moved out of the way of both humans.

"I've thought about it before, but I think I just ignored it out of convenience. Hearing it from you, it sounded about right."

"That's it? That's all you have to say?"

It was then that he slowly got to his feet and began walking to Hitomi.

"Kinda...though I think you forget your own situation. I have a daughter to look after. Men are put off by me being a mother. My ex is always scaring off my dates. You haven't had a serious relationship since us and you use these excuses to make it alright in your head. That's all bullshit and you know it, you just don't want to admit it."

She was about to respond quite angrily at his words, but instead she leaned back as a reflex when he put his hands on the chair's arms and leaned down...placing his face only inches from her own.

"You still get flustered when I get this close. You still can't keep eye contact with me at this distance. You still have no idea what to do with your hands when we're this close so you still massage your left thumb with your right hand."

She was doing just as he said, her right hand was massaging her left thumb, her eyes moved around making every possible effort to not make direct eye contact with him and her face was starting to show how flustered she was, pink filling her cheeks followed by a light red.

"If I left Raika and asked you to take me back, what would you say? Push me away or hold on to me, which would you choose? Come on Hitomi, I'm right here."

His mouth was so close, her eyes focused on his lips for a few seconds but then her eyelids closed. Her hands finally find something productive to do as she moved them to push Tatsuo back.

"You're really good at changing topics, aren't you?"

At the distance he was in when he straightened his back, she was just fine with looking him dead in the eye

"Not really...just showing you first hand that nobody's perfect. I'm not really the best person to say this, but you never know how things end up. All I'm asking is that, if there's a next time you two talk...no verbal beatdowns and no arguing, just a talk like civilized adults."

"There you go again..."

"Well...Oh, Maya's back. I'll take this as my queue to leave. Later Hitomi."

He stopped, looking toward the door after catching his daughter's scent approaching the house.
After his departing words he lazily waved one hand and moved up the stairs, only to disappear when Hitomi got up and checked where he was going.

"Moooom I'm hungry...I smell Dad's scent, was he here? Mom? Why is your face all red?"

"None of your business. You know how to cook, so make something for yourself."

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:42 am

A final kick knocked the great dragon backwards and Raika landed lightly her chest noticeably rising and falling from the exercise... but her eyes were still the same as when she had started.

A wordless sign sent the Ryu no Kami home in a puff of smoke to rest without any explanation and she began her run all over again, sprinting ever higher until she had to settle into the rhythm of climbing to keep from needing to use chakra to continue her ascent....

Hours passed with nothing but the strain of of her muscles, the wind buffeting silver hair and chilling her cheeks, and her thoughts spiraling endlessly.

Had she been using him without realizing it?

The worry gnawed at her heart and mind.

The sun had set and risen again and was nearing night once more when she finally reached the frozen peak, hauling herself up to sit atop frozen stone, too high for even snow to reach. An afterthought retrieved her mednin mask from its holder at her hip and pulled it on, the orange lenses fogging up initially before the chill gradually faded away and she was fully covered in Ryuujinscale, her body rebuilding lost heat as she watched the distant horizon, alone at the top of the world, clouds like a blanket hiding the lands beneath....

And still her thoughts circled, her mind pulling up memory after memory.

His smile.

His blood pooling beneath him.

His laugh.

The wounds covering his body.

The image of him frowning while he blushed.

How he took the slaps given to him without a word.

Their nights together.

The look he had when he was remembering his past.

Their first flight.

Drake staring out at her from behind his eyes.

Their first meeting.

His blood pouring out when she stabbed his eye.

His tears when she died.

His hand in hers.

His warmth.

The way he had worried about her when she pushed herself to heal him.

Their first kiss.

His anger when she tried to take his pain for him.

The time she got drunk and he just held himself back.

His expression when she confessed.

The sun lit the clouds on fire, and Raika watched the sunset quietly, her mind and heart finally starting to calm.

The clouds softened into gray-blues and stars sprinkled the sky like diamond dust, at their clearest and most numerous in these heights.

A sliver of moon rose behind her, casting soft shadows on the clouds before her....

And she leapt from her perch, diving into freefall, wind howling past her....

A single handsign, a puff of smoke, and she shot out as a silver dragoness, winging her way back home.

Silent footsteps moved from grass to wooden porch as she departed the courtyard, smoothly pulling off her mask and reattaching it to her hip, free hand running through her hair as a single blink turned her eyes pupiless blue and she glanced around before altering her course, blue eyes turning back to brown.

Gentle arms looped around his neck as she gently leaned into his back, softly nuzzling into crimson hair.

"Sorry I took so long, love."
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:15 pm

The day was spent at home, he arrived and looked around for Raika but not a soul was left inside it aside from himself. A cold beer taken from the fridge and his bottom dropped on top of the roof tiles. The village was bustling with various sounds, but everything was ignored as he just drank a couple of cans while looking to the sky, thinking about the events that had happened and words that were said that day.

Before he knew it the sun was going down behind he far off mountains. He heard a voice from below...it was his daughter. The white haired woman asked him where Raika was, he had no answer to the question. She asked him if he had eaten, the answer was no. Nearly an hour later they both sat at the dinner table, eating the food the daughter had prepared. They talked and talked, it was an incredibly enjoyable evening. She left and as she did he thought he saw a glimpse of something next to her, but after a blink it vanished and he soon dismissed it.

A hot bath started the lonely night. Another beer left the fridge as he dried his hair with the green towel. A pause came after he opened the can, it seemed to him like he could hear something, like someone was talking on the other side of the house. He checked it but saw nothing. The can was emptied and after conversing with Musashi, he went to sleep.

His sleep was interrupted as he felt a hand gently brush against his cheek, his eyes opened slowly to see if Raika had returned...but he saw nothing. A dream he assumed and returned to dreaming. It was a dream of when he first locked Drake up deep within his mind. However there was a peculiar scene in the dream, he talked to Chiyoko telling her stab her own hand with a scalpel, only before she did so...the girl looked up at him and smiled, winked and only then did she stab her hand...he didn't remember such a reaction from her. His eyes opened again in a startle once he thought he could hear breathing in his ear...again it was nothing. He assumed he was tired.

Morning came and he left the house for a walk. He wondered where Raika could have gone to, something he had thought about more than a few times since leaving Hitomi's place. Suddenly his hand grabbed a thin arm and he looked at a girl's surprised face, for a moment he could have sworn he had seen that face before, but upon closer look, it was a complete stranger.

He returned home by midday, he wasn't hungry so he simply took a beer from the fridge and turned on the TV. He had no idea how long it had been since he sat down but soon he heard her enter the house...Raika had returned.

Raika wrapped her arms around him and spoke up, he smiled, placed his hand on her arm and responded.

"Don't worry about it. I wanted time to think too."

He spoke in a low and calm tone. He brushed his cheek on her arm and turned his head to look at his object of affection, he was not expecting what he saw instead.

Standing there with her arms wrapped around his neck and smiling at him was none other than Chiyoko, not Raika, he had heard Raika's voice and felt the same embrace he had gotten used to recently but the face just inches from his own was without the shadow of a doubt...Chiyoko's.

It happened in a heartbeat. Ryuuchi jumped from his chair, the force alone was enough to break it apart, his right foot slammed down on the ground as his back knocked against the TV making it fall to the ground. His hands were already black and in a claw like state, the aura he was putting forth was filled with the darkest and most dangerous killing intent he had used since the day he escaped from Chiyoko's torture.

Blink...

Not Chiyoko but Raika, the one standing there was his saviour, not his tormentor. His hands turned back to normal as he covered his eyes. He uncovered them for a moment...still Raika. Sweat ran down his back and his eyes focused on Raika's worried expression.

"Sorry. I'm just...tired..."

He let out an excuse that not even he believed in but it would have to do.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Reflex sent her leaping back from the flying remains of the chair, landing lightly and just barely keeping herself from going into a combat stance at the sudden release of killer intent towards her--

And then he calmed, his claws returning to human hands.

Raika lightly moved towards him, disregarding the damage completely as she pulled off her gloves and placed them in a pouch of her mednin suit, warm hands raising to softly cup his cheeks, brown eyes locking with red for a long moment, quietly studying him in worry....

"Love... you saw Chiyoko when you looked at me, didn't you?"

Her voice was quiet, soft.

His torturer was the only person she could think of that he would have reacted like that to.

Her hands gently slid down his skin to gently squeeze his shoulders.

She shouldn't have left him alone like that. If she hadn't, then maybe....

She rose to her tip-toes, hands sliding to his back as she pulled him closer, leaning her forehead against his.

"...I will protect you," she murmured softly, fiercely, brown-eyed gaze soft and reassuring.

Deep down, hidden away from her love and the world... she was terrified that he was going to fall back into madness. If the trauma of his torture lingered, kept gnawing away at his strength... it just might happen.
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:33 pm

He kept silent when she mentioned Chiyoko's name. He didn't move his body but his mind was racing.

How did she knew he had seen Chiyoko? It did not make sense that she knew such a thing, that she knew about something he thought he saw.
He had been the bad guy for many years, for well over half his life he had been hated by many people and the possibilities of who he would hate enough to bring out such killing intent were endless. A former rival, a former enemy, a former ally...there were so many choices amongst the people that he had met, hurt or even killed in his life that picking one, the very same one he had seen was just too much of a coincidence. It was true that she was the source of torment, but she was only a recent one and frankly compared to some of the people he had fought with, she wasn't even near the top of the To Kill list.
And why did it have to be a person, why did she knew it was a person that he saw? It could have very well be an animal or even a nightmarish monster...or even Drake! Thinking about it, Drake would have been the most obvious choice, he was tortured by Chiyoko for a year, but he was tormented and tortured by Drake for most of his life...why didn't Raika mention Drake before Chiyoko?

It was too much of a coincidence.

The thoughts were not as logical as he thought they were, however in those few moments after Chiyoko's name was spoken, Ryuuchi's mind focused completely on the fact that she knew who he had seen and how much of a coincidence he thought it was.

But her hands, her scent, her body heat...her presence alone quickly calmed him down enough to begin dismissing those previous thoughts. The mind that was desperate to connect dots that were not there was beginning to relax and dismiss the whole idea as being pure insanity...he was even about to laugh about it.

Then she spoke again, the words that left her mouth were that she would protect him...however he never heard those words, he never heard her voice. Words left her lips but it wasn't with her voice but that of another...the words that reached his ears came with Chiyoko's unmistakable voice and instead of speaking of protection, he heard...

"You're mine..."

The mind that connected none existing dots, raced and expanded, creating more connections that were never there to begin with. His eyes widened and his hand rushed up at her, the back of his hand slamming against her arms and cheek, sending her staggering back while he stepped back himself. He glared at her, again murder in his eyes...but instead of attacking he did the opposite, the glare vanished as it seemed his mind relaxed for a moment once more and he just left, rushing out the living room door to the outside and leaving the area as fast he could.

Ryuuchi

Next

Return to Takama-ga-hara