Chaotic Monotony (Yoshi)

[ \Garyuu no Yamajiro | Chiroptera Forest | Dai Boeki no Michi | Eastern Plateaus | Ruins of Kumogakure no Sato/ ]
The country of Raikou no Kuni, home to countless towns amongst the northern mountains, southern forests, eastern plateaus, western plains, and craggy coastlines, the untamed wild outclassing all. Nomads roam these wilds and Dai Boeki no Michi, the Great Trade Road, while the ruins of Kumogakure no Sato have become a dangerous place where evil gathers, and Garyuu no Yamajiro is rumored to have a group seeking to gain the trust of the reclusive Ryuujin....

Chaotic Monotony (Yoshi)

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 pm

The number of times they had stopped for a break had been long lost track of to her now, focusing instead on the weaknesses of her recovering body, feeling the ache of her muscles, the chill breeze across her skin, the grass and cold dirt beneath her, her companion's hands on her back as he performed the usual check-up.

Silent tears flowed down her cheeks; they hadn't stopped ever since the day her world had been snatched from her grasp. The only thing keeping her as stable as she was right now... was Kiyoshi-san.

Dulled sapphire eyes absently glanced over her shoulder at him for a moment before her gaze found the grass again, eyes closing to sort through and piece together memories that had been released when her seal had shattered, now reformed in its old daimond shape on her forehead....

The memory of the day she nearly died at the hands of her beloved was maintained in stark clarity despite the chaos that had occured.

Deeper into her library, bits and pieces of DNA were in various books, waiting to be renewed or recopied, and deeper still were the more precious, snatches of memories and experiences in varying sizes, compiled and collected as best as she could manage....

An image of brown eyes and a quiet, yet stubborn and pessimistic nature; a boy she and Kaitou-kun had rescued and helped along in the midst of their BOLT training. Then further, more missions and training together, their growing closeness. His awakening feelings. Days and nights spent by the Angel Falls together, enjoying each other's company. The terrible feeling of death. The hope of life. His broken body. Her piecing it back together. Their shared connection. Her light.

Her subconscious pulled forward images of old nightmares unbidden, the light being consumed by darkness--

A light shake of her shoulder caused her eyes to open, sapphire eyes glancing up at brown as she noticed her increased heart rate and the tenseness of her muscles.... A slow exhale relaxed both, and she rose, moving forward into the shaded forests once more.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Chaotic Monotony (Yoshi)

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Kiyoshi follows Omoi through the forest, muttering to himself. He wondered if it could get any worse then it already was. Just then, a drop of water landed on his hand. He glances down at his hand, then looks up. "Great, just what I need." A moment later, it begins to pour, drenching everything. Even though they had moved under the trees, it didn't seem to matter.

Kiyoshi looked down at his soaked clothes as he walks, glad that he could no longer get sick. Then glances around, noticing what seems to be a wooden building in the distance. He easily catches up to Omoi, grabbing her hand and leading her over to it. A moment later they were inside the building and out of the rain. Kiyoshi quickly built a fire and tossed a towel at Omoi. "Get yourself dry, I don't need you getting sick." Then he glances down at himself, muttering what seems to be curse words because steam starts to rise off of his clothes, drying almost instantly. He sits down, resting his back against the wall.

"We'll wait here until the rain lets up some, then move on." He glances over at her, then sighs and offers to give her a hug.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Sick? From rain?

...well. In her current state, it could happen.

Dull sapphire eyes glanced at the towel now held in her hand, chakra flowing without a thought, water falling to the floor with a quiet splash....

Her vision dimmed for an instant, the world spinning as she suddenly stumbled, scent guiding her in the midst of the buzzing in her ears to fall to her knees, catching herself with one hand on the floor and the other against the wall above her savior's shoulder, her voice softly muffled in a groan as her face came to a rest against his opposite shoulder, focusing her senses on the single stability until the world stopped spinning.

A deep sigh escaped her lips, a combination of irritation at her own thoughtlessness and frustration at her weakened state, before she simply sat down to accept his hug.

"...sorry."

The first faint coloration of emotion since her break-down slipped into her muffled voice.

She didn't know what he would be doing if he hadn't needed to watch over her while she recovered.

...if she had died, this nightmare of a life would have probably ended, but she would have lost her chance at trying to save her beloved altogether.

"...and thank you."

And with that, she passed out, giving in to sudden exhaustion that inner turmoil had been staving off....
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Kiyoshi easily caught her as she fell, letting her regain her balance. A moment later she was on his lap, accepting the hug. Just a bit after that, she was out like a light. Kiyoshi shifts her around slightly, making sure both of them would be comfortable, then closes his eyes and begins to focus his chakra.

Heat spreads through the cabin, keeping the air dry and both of them warm. Grass begins to spread itself across the floor under him, flowers blooming randomly. He then focuses on her chakra system, strengthening it to what it was before the healing. Kiyoshi opens his eyes again, then reaches down and plucks a flower, easily fitting it behind Omoi's ear before closing his eyes again and waiting for her to awaken.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:30 pm

The sounds of birds awakening and chirping outside, the sense of coming day, the gentle warmth and steady heartbeat she lay against, --Otoha? No....-- Kiyoshi-san's scent and the scent of flowers and damp earth....

Sapphire eyes opened in silence, silently studying her position in her companion's lap--how did she keep ending up in his lap, of all places?--before she gently moved off to crouch on the floor, dull, tear-blurred eyes glancing towards the door as she simply listened to the sounds of the forest... then her gaze swept towards the grass and flowers that had crept through the wooden flooring within one night, one hand raising to lightly grasp the flower behind her ear and stare at it in silence, thoughts suddenly elsewhere, in a happier time.

He tucked a ball of light in her hair and his eyes widened at the effect, softly saying, "You're beautiful."

And then he had gotten flustered and adorable and they had watched the sunrise and--

Again the image of his face twisted by darkness flashed into her mind, the light dying out as her body fell to the floor.

"You don't look very dead to me."

Her expression was deadpan and emotionless as she turned her thoughts instead to her condition, gently setting the flower on the floor as her eyes closed.

Small changes, tests, growing more advanced: her feet growing scaled and clawed, patches of scales here and there, a long and slender sapphire-scaled tail growing out from the base of her spine to slowly swish back and forth....

She only stopped when she sensed Kiyoshi-san's gaze on her, dull sapphire turning to meet brown as she felt her chakra flow through her just as perfectly as it had before the damage....
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:19 am

Kiyoshi's eyes opened the moment that Omoi moved, watching her as she tested out her newly recovered chakra system. He waits until she notices that he was watching before giving her a smirk. "I dislike sitting on dirt. Nice tail by the way." He stretches, then stands up and dusts off his clothes. A moment later his eyes change back to the brightest blue, almost as if he stole the color from the sky itself.

"So, where are we going? I'm not going to wander around this forest until you get us both killed. Nor will I let you go off on some fool's quest that will end with your death." He pauses, looking to his left, like he was listening to someone only he could see. "Also, your soul would taste wonderful right now, being seasoned with despair. She wanted you to know that."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:19 pm

She ignored his compliment, his question of where they were going, but focused on his last words as she flexed claws and tail, dulled sapphire gaze settling on the man who had saved her life in mild curiousity, noting the change in eye color wordlessly.

Her soul. The thought brought back more memories: being trapped in a time before time, reaching out across everything to call to her beloved... and he had heard her.

She wondered if he would be able to hear such a cry now.

"'She'?"

A demon, a spirit, another personality, something else.... the dragoness didn't know which it could be, only that there was a chance for anything.
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Kiyoshi nods his head once. "Yes, she." He strenches for a bit, then leans back against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest. "What about my question? I don't like to be kept in the dark." He stares right at her, catching her eyes with his own, locking them in a contest of a sort, his demand for the answer clear.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:32 am

"I don't see you dying in these forests... nor myself, after those repairs." She gazed at her claws for a moment, tail swishing behind her. "For now... the mountains. After that... I'm not sure."

Light steps brought her to the doorway, gazing out into the forests covered with morning mist.

"I need to roam for a while. I... I spent too much time in the village, I let my instincts dull."

Claws dug deep into the doorframe, wood splintering with a cracking sound before she released it, sprinting on all fours and up a tree like a wild animal to perch on a branch for a moment, scenting the woodland air and listening to the forest's hush.

Like lightning she was down again, and two soft cracks reached her ears as she gazed upon her dead prey, two rabbits, their necks cleanly snapped before they could even fear.

Three more stood by despite her actions, neither fleeing nor approaching, and she remembered.

One hand slowly rose, made a shooing motion. "...shoo." Her voice was quiet, and the creatures hopped away as she watched.

Otoha had brought her rabbits when she was weakened by her chuunin exam and too hungry to have the energy to hunt for herself.... He had shooed away the rabbits that remained.

It was... strange, how so gentle a man had been twisted into harming her in such a way. A joke of fate, whatever fate was.

Her kills were picked up gently as she made her way back to the little building with its burnt-out fire, setting them down before relighting it with some skillful stick-work, claws cleanly slicing through fur as she dressed the two rabbits, darting outside again to fetch a wide, flat stone she'd seen and bringing it in, setting the meat atop it and placing it by the fire to cook. One rabbit for her, and one for Kiyoshi; a small breakfast, but it would do, and it would at least supplement whatever Kiyoshi had on him as his rations.

"Pick a rabbit, prepare it however you want or let it cook plain. Whichever."
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Kiyoshi didn't even bother to follow her, keeping perfect track of where she is from the cabin, knowing that it'd take her a while to get outside of his range and even then he could easily catch up to her should she do so.

After a few minutes Omoi finally returns, offering him a rabbit. He shakes his head at it. "You need them more then me, plus I'm not really that hungry anyway. Eat them both." Still leaning against the wall, he waits for her to get ready to go.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:37 pm

She glanced at him for a moment before simply shrugging, gazing into the flames in silence.

Screams, roars, laughter, words, sobs, crackling flames. Charred flesh, fresh blood, death, his scales. Darkness.

Omoi blinked, coming out of her reverie as she scented cooked meat; it was done.

Careful hands moved the rock away from the fire, the stone's heat pleasant through her scales, waiting a few moments before quick claws plucked bits of meat from the rock's surface, flesh vanishing into her mouth to be quickly chewed and swallowed, the process repeating until the rabbit meat was gone.... And, after a moment of thought, she picked up the rabbits' skins and laid them out in a sunny spot, leaving them behind for whoever might need or want them before she put out the fire and rose to walk past Kiyoshi-san and outside once more.

She paused, then, glancing down at her attire for a moment before she focused in silence, and abruptly she was dressed in Ryuujinscale, a skin-tight black tank top and and equally black form-fitting pants, the clothing he had given her as good as new and draped over her arm, carefully repaired with all signs of her having worn them phased away completely, lightly tossing the bundle at her companion before moving ahead once more at a leisurely pace, her tail slowly swishing behind her.

Mountains... high places. A high place in relative solitude. It sounded nice, after everything.... Climbing one properly would be pleasant, too, but she doubted Kiyoshi-san would let her. No matter, no matter....
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Kiyoshi gets up and follows her out, not quite managing to suppress his sigh. He catches the bundle, making it vanish a moment later, keeping pace behind her. After glancing around for a bit, his eyes firmly lock onto the figure in front of him. Kiyoshi wonders offhandedly how long this walk would take, but not that worried about it. He had a rather nice view from where he was.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

Return to The Lands and Cities