Innocent Chaos (Yoshi)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Innocent Chaos (Yoshi)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 pm

A young, green-haired girl sat at a dining table, happily munching away on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while curious blue eyes darted about with a sense of wonder. An old, patched blue dog plushie sat in her lap, glassy eyes staring into nothing as its owner gently swung her legs forward and back, colorful crowns of woven flowers perched atop the heads of mistress and faithful plush.

The girl had decided that this place must be a magic house.

She had woken up in a field of pretty flowers, her faithful Inu-kun held close in her arms. It wasn't abnormal that she'd sleepwalk, and it usually resulted in the adults of the orphanage regularly carrying out a morning search, which was important if she ever sleepwalked outside into the snow... so they were probably worried about her right now.

It wasn't like she hadn't looked for the way home, but... she'd never seen so many flowers or felt so warm outside in Yuki no Kuni.

She'd never seen so many flowers in her life.

And so she had frolicked and danced and smelled and enjoyed it all until, finally bored, she noticed the house in the middle of the field and went inside, carrying Inu-kun in her arms as she wandered the hallways--so many doors!--until her belly rumbled and she followed the smell of food to the kitchen, the sandwich she was currently eating laid out neatly on a plate on the counter, a quick look around leading her to the table she now sat at. It was weird that there was only one chair, though... maybe the owner lived alone.

What kind of person could own a magic house like this?
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Innocent Chaos (Yoshi)

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:07 pm

One of the doors open and Kiyoshi steps through, holding a bag in his free hand. Using his foot to close the door behind him he moves towards the kitchen. A few moments later and the bag was dropped on the counter, a fleshy thud being heard as it lands. Kiyoshi turns around, opens up the refrigerator, he begins to reach for a beer before pausing. Kiyoshi turns around and stares at the girl sitting at the table, then rubs his eyes before checking again. He turns back to the refrigerator, closing it and then getting a cup from the cabinet, filling it with water and take a sip.

Kiyoshi leans against a counter, looking up at the ceiling. "Soyokaze, why is there a little girl in the house? Did I get drunk? I shouldn't even be able to get drunk. Please tell me I didn't get drunk. I don't want to be the creepy guy who kidnaps little girls."

A head, followed by shoulders appeared out of the ceiling, his eyes open, locking onto Kiyoshi's "No. A door was left open. She walked through." Kiyoshi waved a hand, sighing with what seemed to be relief. "You can go back to what you were doing. As long as I didn't steal her it's fine. Check the other doors though, make sure they are all closed. Make sure they are locked while you are at it." The man disappears back into the ceiling. Kiyoshi finishes his water, then puts the glass in the sink before turning to the girl.

"Okay, what's your name and where are you from? I need to get you back to your parents before they start to get worried." He gives her a light smile, glad he decided to put the head in a bag.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Midori giggled quietly at the house-owner's words before her eyes widened. A man came out of the ceiling! Blue eyes gazed in wonder as he quickly went back into the ceiling, leaving no trace behind.

"Okay, what's your name and where are you from? I need to get you back to your parents before they start to get worried."

Gently setting the sandwich on the plate and sliding out of the chair onto the floor, Inu-kun clutched to her chest with one hand to keep him from simply falling, the girl smiled brightly and quickly bowed, her flower crown nearly falling from her head in the motion as she hugged her plush dog close.

"My name is Midori. I'm from Yuki no Kuni, but... I don't have parents. I live in an orphanage in the woods outside of the capital. I've been there since I was very small, so I don't remember my parents well... I just know that they're dead, but nobody knew my birthname when I got to the orphanage so they named me for my hair. Your house is really nice! I've never seen so many flowers in my life, it's really pretty." Midori smiled brightly at the stranger, the flower crown lopsided amidst her short green hair, blue plush dog with its matching crown held close to her chest as she leaned forward a little. "Ne ne, how did that onii-chan earlier pop out of the ceiling? I've never seen ANYBODY do that before, it was amazing! Not even Shiro-jiisan can do that! Is he the one that made the sandwich? Thank you, Soyokaze-oniichan! It's really yummy!" she called up to the ceiling, hoping the strange onii-chan might be able to hear her, only to look back to house owner-san when she thought of something new. "Oh! Ne ne, house owner-san, is your house magic? It's so much bigger in here than it looks outside! And um... I'm sorry for coming into your house uninvited, I kinda... sleep-walked here."

The girl hid her face in Inu-kun for a moment, embarrassed, only to perk right back up again with a bright smile.

"I got to meet you and Soyokaze-oniichan and see a lot of flowers though, so I'm happy I did!"
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Kiyoshi begins to rub his temples as Midori speaks, waiting for her to finish before looking back at the ceiling. "Soyokaze! Go invent a cuteness meter and install it on all the doors. Also, go get a new chair, I won't make our guest stand."

Kiyoshi then turned around and grabbed himself two clean cups, filling both with milk and walking over to where Midori was standing, placing one of the cups by her plate. "No need to stop eating because of me. Please sit." He walks around to the other side of the table, another chair rising out of the ground just as he pauses. Kiyoshi waits a moment before sitting down, giving it time to settle.

"Okay...Let's see here. First off, my name is Kiyoshi. It's very nice to meet you Midori. Soyokaze is actually part of the house. Not the chairs or tables or anything like that, but the floors and walls. I just got back, so I think he was the one who made the sandwich, you'd have to ask him though. As for if my house is magic, I guess you could call it that. How it's done is all very complex. I only understand half of it myself. Anyway, who is Shiro? Is he the person that takes care of you?"
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Midori clambered back into the chair at the man's suggestion, neatly settling Inu-kun into her lap and picking up the sandwich again, happily taking another bite.

She didn't really understand what Kiyoshi-niichan meant about Soyokaze-niichan being the floors and the walls, but they both seemed really nice. When the former asked about Shiro-jiisan, the girl set down her sandwich and swallowed, taking the glass of milk in both hands and taking a few gulps before releasing a contented sigh. Blue eyes settled on Inu-kun in her lap and she played with his floppy ears, thinking before she shook her head.

"Shiro-jiisan doesn't really work at the orphanage, I don't think, he just comes and visits us and tells us stories and teaches us about stuff. He's been to lots and lots of places, and he knows lots of things, and he's really nice." She smiled brightly at Kiyoshi-niichan. "He brings books for us, too, sometimes. The people who take care of us teach us basic stuff, like math and reading, but they don't really have much to read and they just tell us the same stories over and over again and promise that we'll all get adopted someday.... Though a lot of my brothers and sisters have already left on their own, without getting adopted, like Akai-chan and Aoi-neechan. They both had dreams to chase, though.... I hope they find them." Her legs gently swung back and forth, back and forth as she hugged Inu-kun close, looking at the faithful plush in her lap, quieting. And, after a long moment, her voice quiet, barely a whisper: "I don't think I could leave on my own, like they did. I don't really have any dreams to chase after.... I just want a family that won't break apart."

Suddenly she remembered Kiyoshi-niichan's eyes on her, and she hid her face behind Inu-kun again, abruptly shy, before she placed the plush back in her lap and quickly picked up the sandwich, quickly taking a bite, chewing and swallowing before flashing Kiyoshi-niichan a smile, bits of peanut butter and crumbs unnoticed around her mouth in her haste to show that she was just fine, she wasn't lonely at all! After all, she had Inu-kun with her, and he'd never leave, right?
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Kiyoshi leans forward, pulling a piece of cloth out of the air and gently wiping Midori's face with it, dropping it a moment later, letting it vanish without a trace. He sits back in his chair to ponder what Midori said, waiting for her to finish her sandwich before saying anything else. As soon as she finished, he stood up, making a quick hand motion for her to rise too. "Come on, I'm sure someone is worried about you, we shouldn't make them wait any longer then we already have." He turns and heads for the the front door of the building, only pausing to get a coat for Midori, just in case it was one of the old days in Yuki right now.

Kiyoshi rested his fingers lightly on the door handle, waiting for a moment before twisting it and pulling it open. He steps through, the crunch of snow loud. Kiyoshi quickly glanced around the area, his eyes quickly settling onto a rather large building set away from where they came out of. The orphanage from what he gathered. He turns to Midori, offering her his hand. "Come on, let's go tell them that you're safe."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:51 pm

The coat was so warm out in the snow, and as she put her small hand into Kiyoshi-niichan's large one, that was really warm, too! And really gentle....

Blue eyes looked up at him for a moment, then behind as the door shut and she realized they were standing in front of the old storage shack. His house really was magic!

She giggled lightly, hugging Inu-kun close with her free hand as she and Kiyoshi-niichan walked to the orphanage.

An aged man sprinted towards them from the other side of the large building, hair pure white and skin tanned and weathered, though green eyes remained bright and alert. He slowed to a walk and cracked a smile at Midori, gently ruffling the girl's hair, his movements controlled and precise; a retired shinobi in civilian's clothing.

"Good to see you safe, Midori-chan." He looked to the similarly white-haired, but visibly younger man holding the girl's hand and bowed slightly. "Thank you for looking after her."

"Shiro-jiisan!" Midori let go of Kiyoshi-niichan's hand and hugged the old man tightly with a bright smile before looking up at him sheepishly. "Sorry for wandering off in my sleep again.... Are the obaa-sans angry?"

A weathered, scarred hand gently patted the girl's hand as the old man smiled gently. "No, no, they're just worried is all. And all this sleep walking will get you where you need to be someday, I bet. Just you wait." He winked at her before smiling at Kiyoshi. "Why don't you come inside and have some tea, shake off the cold a bit? I'm sure Midori-chan wouldn't want to say goodbye to a new friend just yet," he chuckled.

Blue eyes looked up at Kiyoshi-niichan with a smile a took his hand again before tugging him along to the orphanage, her enthusiasm earning a warm laugh from Shiro-jiisan as he followed after them.

Within the stone-and-wood structure was much hugging and scolding for Midori from the few women that lived there to take care of the orphans, most old with only one younger woman, and the girl bowed and apologized several times before she was ushered off to play with the other children, shouts and laughter and chatter coming from the large room that served as the playroom.

The eldest woman there bowed to Kiyoshi. "We're sorry for the trouble, and thankful to you for bringing her back safely. We don't have much, but is there anything we can do to repay you for your kindness, sir?"
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:49 am

Kiyoshi tenses just a bit as the man runs towards them, relaxing when he sees that Midori knows him. He nods back at Shiro, but otherwise keeps his silence, letting the conversation go on without him. He looks down at Midori when she takes his hand, returning her smile and allowing himself to be dragged off towards the orphanage.

He stands off to the side as the women greeted Midori in their own way, whether it be hugging or scolding. Kiyoshi watches her get whisked away, smirking at the laughter coming from the other room. His attention shifts to the woman speaking to him, only catching the latter half of what she said. A thoughtful look crosses his face for a moment, then he gives her a smile. "Actually, there is something you can do for me. I'm not here to return Midori to you, just to let you know she's in good hands. I've taken a liking to her and I plan to adopt her." Kiyoshi kept his tone light, not trying to force them to obey...yet. "Now can you have someone gather her things? I'd appreciate it, thanks."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 pm

The old woman hesitated for a moment, only to look at old Shiro. "...Anata?"

Crisp green eyes studied Kiyoshi in silence for a long moment before the old man began walking in the same direction Midori had been whisked away, entering a large hall with tables shoved up against the sides, a dining area turned playroom when it wasn't mealtime. "Midori-chan," he called gently with a smile, crouching down with arms wide as the green-haired girl ran to greet him before he hugged her close, the other children watching curiously as they paused their play. "Midori-chan, your new friend wants to adopt you. What do you think?"

The little girl gasped, blue eyes wide open as she held Inu-kun close in her arms. "Really?!" She peeked over Shiro-jiisan's shoulder at Kiyoshi-niichan before smiling brightly, looking back at the old man and nodding quickly in excitement. The other children, hearing the news, broke into smiles, some tearful, some reserved, some completely open, joining the group hug in a storm of well-wishes and excitement, "we'll miss you!"s and goodbyes, and Midori hugged each as best she could manage in the sudden chaos before running over to Kiyoshi-niichan, only to jump up and hug him with a bright smile.

Shiro rose slowly, looking back to his wife and nodding once, the old woman quickly calling for one of the younger to gather Midori's things and put them in a bag; and soon, a small backpack was brought forward, and the girl let go of her newest family to put it on, carefully shifting Inu-kun from arm to arm until the bag was in place and she could hold Kiyoshi-nii--no, Kiyoshi-otou--No... um.... Papa!--her papa's hand again as Shiro-jiisan ruffled her hair.

"Looks like you found where you need to be sooner than we thought, Midori-chan. Stay safe, stay happy, and be good," the old man smiled before standing back up straight, green eyes meeting sky-blue for a long moment before he bowed again. "Please, take care of her and treat her well."
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Kiyoshi waits passively as the younger man goes to the other room, telling Midori the good news. A few minutes later she rushes over, jumping at him for a hug. Kiyoshi catches her easily, returning the hug and smile, then lets her down, knowing that her things would be with them soon. They arrived a moment later, a single backpack. Kiyoshi stared at it, doubting that any of the things that were in that backpack would be sticking around for very long, but it's all she owned right now, so he had to take it with them.

Kiyoshi looks up at Shiro when he spoke. "I never planned to do anything else." With that, he pulls his hand from Midori's, shifting himself slightly, then picks her up, easily holding her with one hand. He turns and steps out the front door, closing it behind him, thinking as he quickly makes his way back around to the shack. Knowing that nobody was watching him, Kiyoshi quickly steps through, moving them back into his home. "Okay, leave your backpack here, we have to go do some things while Soyokaze finishes making your room." He helps her take the backpack off, but doesn't put her down for her to do it, letting it drop to the floor beside the door before opening it again, this time stepping into a busy street, shops lining both sides. He quickly closes the door behind them, checking to see what he just walked out of. A small chuckle works its way out of him when he sees that it was a toy store, which means he shouldn't have attracted attention.

Kiyoshi quickly works his way through the crowd, pausing at the door of a rather large shop to read the sign, then pushes his way inside, finally letting Midori down so she can walk. He waves his hand at the contents of the store, what seemed to be an endless sea of clothes. "Pick out whatever you want, and don't hold back. Doesn't matter how much it costs, if you want it I'll get it for you." He gives her a smile, waiting for her to start.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Midori gasped. There were so many clothes! She hugged Inu-kun to her chest with one arm while her other grasped her papa's, walking with him as she looked around in wonder.

It was a good couple of hours later that she was satisfied, all varieties of clothes with lace and ruffles and bows in all varieties of color and shoes, too, picked out and paid for and in so many bags and--

With a wave of her papa's hand, it had all vanished like magic, and he explained he had sent it to her room.

It was only a matter of time before she had pulled him to a craft store and had started picking out bolts of cloth and piles of ribbon and buttons and thread and cloth paint and brushes and little bits and bobs of all sorts, explaining while proudly holding up Inu-kun, "I made Inu-kun myself when I was little!" with a bright smile before hugging the patched plush close and continuing about the store. Once again, everything was paid for, and it all vanished again at her papa's whim.

And as they walked the snowy street looking around at the stores, Midori's hand in his and Inu-kun held close, blue eyes looked up at him as she smiled brightly.

"Ne, ne, Papa."

Sky-blue eyes turned to her.

"This is the best birthday ever!"
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am

Kiyoshi followed Midori around, his hand firmly holding onto hers, helping her pick out what she wanted to get and even reminding her to pick up a few things she forgot about in her excitement. Soon all the clothes she picked out were in bags on the floor before them. He waves his hand, shifting everything to her room with ease. With that, he lets her drag him around the market place, moving between stores before finally landing them in a craft store, the items again quickly forming a pile of bags on the floor. Another wave and they were gone.

He looks down at her, returning the young girl's smile, wondering how she managed to steal his heart so fast. Kiyoshi leaned down and picked her up, planting a kiss on her forehead as he continued along. "Of course it is, did you think I'd allow it to be anything else? Now let's go find somewhere to eat, maybe they can even make you a cake." As he finished speaking, he spotted a diner at the next corner, making a beeline for it. They quickly find a seat, Kiyoshi putting her down so she can sit before sliding into the seat across from her. "You can order whatever you want, but you have to be able to eat it now. I don't want to see your eyes being bigger then your mouth." He gives her a warm smile and looks at his own menu, already knowing that he was just going to order a salad.

When the waiter gets to them, Kiyoshi looks up from the menu. "I'll just have a salad and a glass of water, and do you serve cakes here? It's her birthday."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Midori stared at the menu in confusion, not really sure what was what.... Shiro-jiichan hunted and brought meat for everyone, but everything else was usually cheaply bought in the capital, so they hadn't had a lot of different foods in the orphanage....

"Ne, ne, Papa.... What's this? And this? And this? And--" as the girl proceeded to point out the majority of the menu, he explained each of the dishes, the waiter watching patiently for their discussion to cease before he answered the white-haired man's question.

"Yes, we have a small variety of cakes available.... Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawbe--"

"Chocolate!" Midori beamed, bouncing lightly in the booth in her excitement, and the waiter smiled, charmed by the child, before nodding. "And, um..." she looked at the menu in concentration before nodding, as if she had come to a momentous decision. "Milk and macaroni and cheese!"

The waiter smiled again, writing down her order before bowing to the two and heading back off to the kitchens, coming back soon after with the water and milk before heading off again to wait on the other tables.

Midori carefully picked up her milk and sipped it, her legs gently swinging back and forth again under the table as she looked around curiously at all the people in the crowded diner.
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Kiyoshi watches Midori, giving her a smile every time she looks over at him. Taking small sips of his water from time to time. He almost chuckles at how excited she seemed to be, knowing exactly why too. He mentally checks on how far along her room is, giving Soyokaze a mental nod when he was told the answer.

Soon their food arrives and he lets her eat for a moment, eating a few bites of his to keep up the act, trying not to let Midori worry. He finally speaks. "Midori, dear, while we're here why don't you tell me more about yourself. I'd like to know my new daughter better." Kiyoshi looks right at her, listening attentively, making sure that he doesn't miss anything.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 pm

The macaroni was really really good, and she gobbled it all up before the cake arrived, blue eyes widening at how nice it looked. After a bright smile and a quick "Thank you!" to the waiter, she carefully took her first forkful of the moist cake and placed it in her mouth, chewing happily in bliss before her papa asked about her.

"Mmm...."

Chew and swallow, then: "I'm eleven years old now... and I ended up at the orphanage when I was one. I don't really remember my first parents, but I made Inu-kun in memory of a dog we used to have at the orphanage.... He got really old and died, though."

The girl frowned for a moment before taking another bite of the cake, thinking quietly for a long moment.

"I like reading and sewing and drawing.... When I was watching Shiro-jiichan training some of the others, he asked me if I wanted to learn how to carry lots of things in a scroll, since I seemed like I'd have the attitude for it... but I told him no since I didn't have a lot. Umm...."

She couldn't really think of anything else, so she turned back to the cake, taking a few more bites as she tried to think of more.
Raika

Next

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways