Release the Hounds! [Hanya]

Outside the walls of the major cities, the Snow Empire boasts a variety of climates and landscapes. From the frozen glacial desert of the north, to the deciduous rain forest in the south, the four provinces are fun to discover for those who can keep their wits about them. Wild beasts of primitive and dangerous proportions loom in the corners of even its most barren wastelands, and the criminal elements are almost free to roam anyplace that is secluded from civilization.

Release the Hounds! [Hanya]

PostPosted by kimahri_ronso » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm

A young boy, scarfed and hooded, walked through the cold and barren landscape. He was doing his best not to slip on the frozen earth beneath him. 'I... must have taken the wrong route', he thought to himself. Stopping to glance at a map he removed from his coat he shivered violently. It was ridiculous for him to be out here alone, even if he did have a map. The freezing air blew against his face, making his nose run before frosting the fluids on his face.

His body was numb from the winters howl, and all he wanted to do was stop and sit down for a while. He needed to pray, to eat, to rest. His mind wouldn't let him though. Something just kept on pushing him. A mixture of dread and nostalgia was driving him, and he felt any halt in his pace right now would let them take over. That couldn't happen... not again.

'Stay calm... The sun will be at its highest soon, and I should be able to warm up... some.'

A couple hours passed by before the sun was directly overhead. Noon time.

The sunlight paled in comparison to the frigid environment, making it worse if anything. The tiny amount of warmth teased him.

'I can't eat like this... I need to warm myself.' He pulled out a scroll and hesitated to disturb it. The scroll contained a fire, fueled by a small log and a spark of fire sealed away. All he had to do was open the scroll and wipe his finger across the seal, but was it a wise choice? He had purchased three of these scrolls from one of the provinces a days walk back. It was warm there... somehow the snow and ice seemed to give way to the hard working residents there. He was lucky to have even stayed there as long as he did. The thought of returning there crossed his mind, but her could never do that.

Suppose his sensei had followed him to try and pursue him. If he went back and got caught, he would never be able to return home in a timely manner. He'd be pulling excessive training for weeks! No. He couldn't afford to collapse here either, not having gotten so far. Lighting one of the scrolls, regardless of how far he might need to go to reach his destination, was practical. Should he become ill, he would surely not out travel his possible pursuers. There was also the issue of smoke... These scrolls, regardless of their practicality, would surely create a plume of smoke for other beings to track him by. Maybe he should just tough it out a bit longer.

Another frigid burst of air passed by him.

"Nope! I need to warm up now. I don't care if I have to run the rest of the way."

He placed the scroll on the ground, inside up, removed his gloves, and wiped his thumb across the center of the scroll. Tshhhh. A sound similar to a match lighting was made, and the open scroll burst into flames against the frozen earth. 'Oh no! Wait, no!' Heishin dropped into a squat in front of the slowly building fire and began paying attention to the surrounding earth. 'If the ice melts too much it might put the fire out!' He sat there for a few minutes, tension high. Luckily for him, the ice on the ground surrounding the scroll didn't seem to be melting very quickly, and the ice under the scroll didn't seem to interfere with the fire too much.

His fire was safe, and he was warm for the time being.

1 2 3 4 5 Image 5 4 3 2 1

Spoiler:
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸DUBSTEP„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø,,

Spoiler:
"[Nihil Timendum Est - The 50th Law]"
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
kimahri_ronso

Re: Release the Hounds! [Hanya]

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Indeed the bite of the cold wind would get to most people, but not Kuai. He had spent too long in it, he had grown to love and embrace it, and his heritage favored it. He was dressed in all white, white pants, a white jacket, and white fur trimmed hood. He Had a small layer of chakra covering the soles of his shoes, a variant of the water walking technique so many ninja used. He was standing on the surface of the snow, rather than walking in it, leaving the faintest of footprints, something he couldn't say about his "teammate". It was odd that he would be so far from home, especially since genin weren't allowed out of the village unless on missions. Maybe he was exempt from that rule since he wasn't Yuki born, but somehow Kuai seriously doubted that.

He had been following him for a while now, the behavior he had been exhibiting very suspicious. He hadn't told anyone he was leaving either, a bit of a slip up if anything went wrong, but he didn't expect trouble. And he sure didn't expect to be this far away. It had been a few days, and though Kuai stayed plenty far behind him, he could have sworn Heishin had seen him for a split second in the last town.

While Heishin had been supply shopping, Kuai had been doing some gathering of his own. He doubted that his teammate paid much attention to the wildlife, and probably didn't expect anything out of the normal, but Kuai didn't take chances when it came to that. He remembered the dragon scare, he remembered his wilderness training, and he knew that knowing was half the battle. He had asked around, trying to find out what the dangers of the land were. Between arctic wolves and dragons he wasn't surprised, but when he heard talk of other things, things that ate wolves and things that dragons avoided, it was then that he was worried. He really wanted to tell Heishin, but he also wanted to know exactly why he was out here, and if he knew one thing about Heishin, he knew that he kept plenty of secrets from everyone.

"Just what are you up to..."
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by kimahri_ronso » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Smoke began to rise from the log, and the crackling embers made his body seem less numb just from their presence. Heishin soaked in all the warmth he could for a few moments and removed two wrapped sandwiches from his backpack. They weren't frozen, but they were very cold. One sandwich was removed from its paper wrapping and carefully held up near the fire. Hopefully the fire would warm his food enough that he would be able to retain some of the heat after eating it.

A few minutes went by, and Heishins body seemed to be greedily biased towards the heat of the flames. The longer he waited, the more it seemed like his body wanted him to rush away from his settlement. Constant wind chills made his body shiver and temperature fluctuate. 'I need to move before my body gets stiff. This can not be very safe...' He began to eye the plume of smoke continuously rising from the burning log. 'No, it is not safe here. I need to hurry and move before someone or something finds me.'

Removing his gloves, he placed them near the fire and then began to eat his sandwich. The warmth of the food seemed to give him a bit more strength, and he quickly ate the rest of it. The second sandwich was now unwrapped and being warmed by the fire, but this time the sandwich was on his gloves and his hands were near the flames. "Phew, this is much better." He said aloud to himself while absorbing every and any amount of warmth he could.

'Maybe if I just... relax this will be enjoyed much more.' Heishin closed his eyes and tilted his head back so that the suns light shined through his eye lids giving him the illusion of a more comfortable environment. All was dissolved into a meditative trance for a moment, and he slowly began to drift off.

Darkness. Floating. The light... It's warm. "What is this place..." His thoughts seemed to echo aloud inside the strange vision. Feeling his way towards the warmth above him, his consciousness began to ascend towards a light. "It feels so nice..." The small ray of light gradually began to increase in size and intensity. "Its... so beautiful... I think... I can go there..."

"Aroooooooooooo!" A strange howling noise resonated from nowhere, and slowly dragged on.

"What is that noise?"

A strange cackling sound started up inside the howling and disturbed him. It was like a laugh rebounding off the walls of a chamber.

Then a third noise... A loudness unlike anything he had ever heard before.

"Rrrrrrrrrrg" The sound of growling rattled his entire body and put an immediate halt to his ascension as it rose into a roar above the strange howling.

"Ahh! Stop it!" Heishins voice echoed, as he realized that the light above him was fading away. He was falling. The noise had disturbed his peace.

Heishin snapped himself back into reality, unsure of exactly what had just happened. The snow had begun to fall more intensely and it was vital that he keep moving until he found somewhere stable to wait out the approaching storm. The fire began to die down, and the sandwich was now cooling off instead of warming up.

Grabbing the sandwich, Heishin ate it as fast as he could without taking the risk of choking and then put his gloves back on to his hands that had become chilled from sinking into the snow while he dozed off. Piles of snow smothered out the mostly cindered log.

"I've got to keep moving..." Completely covered once more, he set out on his path, map in hand. "There should be a forest within a few miles of here... lets just hope I'm going in the right direction."

Spoiler:

¨°º¤ø„¸DUBSTEP„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø,,

Spoiler:
kimahri_ronso

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:59 pm

The time had been flying by slowly as kuai trailed his quarry of a teammate. He made sure to stay out of sight completley, choosing to follow Heishin's tracks rather than his person, and yet he knew that if there was any real danger then his method might be more trouble than it was worth. Still, it had to be done, especially now that they were so far away, and that Kuai was sure he was up to something. Bounding a small crest, he spotted Heishin's makeshift camp, his teammate sitting almost peacefully in front of a fire, a plume of smoke rising into the sky.

"Lots of smoke... Hes probably burning some trash wood.... he should know better...."

Maybe his teammate wasn't thinking, or maybe there was just nothing else, but the better the quality of materials you used, the less smoke there was in your fire. The less smoke there was, the harder it was to spot. And then he heard it.

It was a roar off in the distance, but it was so loud, so blood curdling.... It sent chills right up kuai's back, and he wasn't one to get chills. Every inch of his skin crawled, his nerves were on all edge, and he looked around anxiously, trying to find a diection, and yet the sound came from everywhere at once, and nowhere. He wanted to run and grab heishin, to tell him to snap out of it, for him to forget whatever it was he was doing and just leave, but he knew he couldn't. As he stared down at Heishin, he watched him pack up and leave, without fear or worry of what that noise was.

Call it brave, or call it dumb, if Heishin was pressing on, then Kuai would too. He would just have to be there supporting him, protecting him, being his support when he was all alone.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by kimahri_ronso » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. The sound of the snow beneath his feet never failed, but his pace was beginning too. He had gone about another mile or so since packing up and leaving the warmth of his fire behind him. Making another fire so soon would be wasteful, and he had made little progress. 'I have got to get back home... to see mother... and father... they must be worried.' The thoughts of his ill stricken mother gave him strength. If something happened to her and he wasn't there... He'd never forgive himself.

Crunch... Crunch... Crunch...

His foot steps grew significantly slower after he went on about another two miles in the snow. All the while storm seemed to gradually worsen. "Snow storms must be the worst of all..." He said aloud. "They start off so peaceful, but over time..." He felt his body growing stiff from the chill of the storm, not only that... it was getting late. The sun would be going down shortly. 'I have to find that forest... If only I could see better.'

"Arooooooo!"

Heishin stopped upon hearing the loud howl echo from all directions. 'How can something be this loud in the snow? Where is it coming from?' The howling stopped, and Heishin began to move much faster through the snow. What ever that sound was... to be that loud it had to be close. How close? The boy glanced around frantically looking for a source of the sound, but the heavy snow fall made it impossible for him to see more than a few meters off. A few more minutes of silence, and his expedited pace started to slow down more.

"Arooooooooooooooooooooo!"

The sound started up again, but not quite as loud as it was before. It made him feel just a little safer. "God, please guide me through the snow to shelter. Keep me out of harms way..." The sound was still ringing through the snow as he prayed, and then a strange cackling sound emerged from within it.'Wait... I've heard this before... no, it couldn't be the same.' His paranoia sent chills through his body that were clearly distinguished from the shivers of the cold air.

"I think I can see something!" He spoke aloud as he attempted to focus on a figure in the background of the snowfall. "It's the forest! I can see the trees!" His pace nearly doubled, as he hastily rushed towards the line of snow covered trees. They seemed to be the only things that could lighten his fear of the strange beastly din that seemed never to end.

Raaaarrrggggg!

The sound of the roar completely unnerved the boy, and he fell face first into the snow as if an invisible rope stretched out and bound his legs. What ever that noise was... what ever made it... It was getting closer. The boy stood up after the sound ended, and the snow storm seemed to die down with it. His eyes were fixed on the forest... it couldn't even be more than a few hundred yards away... The boy dashed atop the snow until the forest seemed teasingly close. "Heh! Heh! Heh! I'm almost there."

Spoiler:

¨°º¤ø„¸DUBSTEP„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø,,

Spoiler:
kimahri_ronso

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:01 pm

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Again, the terrible sound cleaved the sky in twain, and as clouds parted, a great shadow overtook the land. Black as the pit, from pole to pole, a darkness unlike any other swooped across the white snow, putting out its brilliance like a candle covered. Another roar drew both parties attention upwards, the very sky blanketed in darkness above Heishin, and yet his lack of sight, his lack of scale, it kept the worst from him.

"Oh... My...Go......"

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kuai could see the beast in its entirety, its massive wings and body like a mountain, its eyes, red with fire, and each of its three heads... unspeakable. It hovered just between Heishin and a wooded area, and he wanted his teammate to run there, to hide, but the sheer size of the creature... It would just rip the forest apart.

Please go away, please go away, please go away.... shit.

The creature flapped its wings one giant time, and swooped.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by kimahri_ronso » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:04 pm

THWOOSHHH!

Just as the boy felt safe a giant weight came crashing down ahead of him. A gust of wind blew snow against him making it seem like some strange storm appeared out of no where. The boys arms reached up to cover his face from an assault of ice and snow. "Unf!" A plume of powdered snow and ice blocked his view from being clear, but what he could tell was that something massive had just landed in front of him. "God! Help me!"

The beast leaped forward through the shroud of airborne ice crystals and with just the swift snow pile that it lunged ahead, Heishin fell to his rear and was partially buried. Looking up, he could see it all. Each of it's heads, it's teeth, its wings. Some mutated monstrosity loomed over him with presence so great that it made his very soul seem like it only held on by a thread.

"Raaaarrrrrggghhhh!"

Shock. His body seemed frozen in place, and his heart seemed as though it might jump out of his open mouth. The beast swept forward with front leg. Such tremendous power, even the snow couldn't slow it down. Heishin went flying through the air backwards along with all the snow that used to be between him and the beast. His entire body felt like it had been tackled by three hundred pounds of muscle.

Heishins head tilted back and for a second he swore he could see someone standing behind him. "H-h-hel-" It was no use. All the breath had been knocked out of his body and he couldn't draw in anymore. 'This... is it... mother... sister... I'm sorry... I couldn't be there for you.'

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!"

The beast roared once more, and Heishin struggled to pull himself up, but his body wouldn't respond to him.

Spoiler:

¨°º¤ø„¸DUBSTEP„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø,,

Spoiler:
kimahri_ronso

PostPosted by Hanya » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:24 pm

With one swipe of its giant paw claws, the surrounding area, including Heishin were sent flying, almost directly at Kuai. As far away as he was, he was still within the creatures reach, ad as his teammates half concious body flopped beside him, all he could do was stand there frozen. He had faced all sorts of beasts, from his clans summons in training, to the wild animals outside of his clan's grounds. this was different though. This was no creature, it was a monster. His first thought was not to fight it, not in the least bit. His first thought was to grab Heishin and haul ass out of the area, but where would they go. How would they get away. there was nothing between them and the beast bust space and opportunity, and even though he was in his element, surrounded by snow and ice and no civilians, he knew that there wasn't much of anything he could do.

"Heishin get up. Get up. GET THE [badword] UP!"

He let his body go on autopilot, just like when he faced a dragon not even a month before. His hands flew to his teammate, pulling him out of the snow and shaking him till he regained himself.

The Chimera on the other hand was wasting no time or energy on theatrics. It began charging straight after them as soon as it saw his body flying in the air, and only distance had given them what little bit of cushion to prepare.

What could they do with just two of them. What could two genin do against a monster?

They could try.

That was all.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by kimahri_ronso » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Heishins body ached with pain. Pain that was only made worse by the person shaking him. "Ow ow ow ow ow! I'm awake stop!" He looked up, surprised to see his teammate Kuai man handling him.

"GET THE [badword] UP!"

Looking back he saw the monstrous creature charging straight at them and his body seemed to snap out of it's daze. "OH GOD NOT AGAIN." Grabbing onto one of his scrolls with his left hand be began to channel his chakra. Then Heishin summoned a kunai from the scroll into his right hand and tossed it several feet forward into the snow. "DIVE SIDEWAYS!" He shouted at Kuai before shoving him in the opposite direction that he was facing. The boy leaped to the right side hoping his teammate would go in the opposite direction to confuse the beast.

"Oof!" He landed to the far right in the snow and then formed a hand seal with his right hand while releasing a pulse of chakra from his left hand with the scroll. "Swap!" A prepared kunai from his scroll swapped places with the kunai he had just tossed. The giant beast charged straight forward, not seeing the kunai in the snow as it stepped right in front of it. "Kai!"

BOOOOOOM! The explosive note on the kunai went off, and a plume of snow and ice erupted under the beasts feet. "Rroooooaaaaaaahhhhh!" The beast halted for a moment.

"Kuai! You followed me!?" Heishin shouted aloud in a somewhat relieved tone. Heishin acted promptly, and didn't give Kuai a chance to respond. If he wasn't planning on helping he would have ran when he had the chance.

Channeling chakra back through his scroll again, Heishin released three more kunai into the snow and tossed two of them to his teammate. Heishin then turned his attention back to the beast whose eyes had begun to shine a bright red through the ice crystals floating in the sky. He could feel his body tensing up again.

Spoiler:

¨°º¤ø„¸DUBSTEP„ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨FOREVER`°º¤ø,,

Spoiler:
kimahri_ronso

PostPosted by Hanya » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Kuai's body was still in autopilot mode, only nodding at Heishin's discovery of his following him. Grabbing the two kunai out of the air, Kuai ran opposite of Heishin, attracting the attention of one of the monsters heads. Its flaming red eyes tracked him as he raced in a wide arc towards its side. Kuai tossed on of the kunai at the thing's eye closest to him, hoping to put it out and increase their chances of either killing it or evading its detection. Not waiting to see if it was a hit or not, He threw the other one much lower, near the ribcage area. Normally, he would have been concerned with the outcome, or the effectiveness, or anything, but he had let go, and now was solely focused on doing as much damage to the monster, to scare it off, make it hesitate, anything.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Return to ::- Yuki no Kuni - The Great Provinces -::