The Outer Circle. [Kiyoshi]

The many towns and cities tucked in the crevices of the world, uncontrolled by any formal power. Some are friendly. Others, not so much.

Re: The Outer Circle. [Kiyoshi]

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:29 am

Bowed back towards the man in gratitude as she saw him disappear back into the house. The rain was nearing. Her skin began to feel cold as she wondered if there was any reality to what had just happened. She wandered in the house, her eyes trying her best to avoid the sprawled out and bloodied corpses within each room, searching for an umbrella.

When she found one in the hands of a mangled woman, her face contorted in horror as she loosely held the item in her limp hands. When she tried to jiggle it free, it took a bit. Saeka groaned as she withdrew the item. The growing growl of the skies above. The darkening skies loomed quietly overhead as she stepped out of the household.

Her knowledge of the surrounding area was only given granted that it was partially required as part of civil defense drills in the shinobi academy. It was their responsibilities to know their area, as well as ways to get in and out. She searched the area, her eyes combing the landscape for some sort of form of marker.

She saw the dirt road, leading away from the house, the dark mass of towers composing Amegakure hung in the distance. Her hands lifted the parasol over her head as she stepped forward onto the walkway leading to her home village. The distance would be a while, but it wouldn't be far, surprisingly.

Oddly enough, walking the road alone was not as frightening to her as she had originally thought. She knew the possibility of a surprise attack always was there, but instead, she kept her eyes focused on her goal ahead. There wasn't that sort of deep set fear that had accompanied years of studying under spooking teachers weaving tales of war and the resulting paranoia.

Her hands held onto the coated bamboo handle of the parasol, the rain slowly pelting it with increasing force as the normal drum of Amegakure's patron weather returned a sense of normality to her. She was back in this city, but now she had to view it differently. Her nerves numb from everything that had recently gone on.

She proceeded towards the Police station. Thunder grumbled up above.

-Wbc-
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Sun May 05, 2013 7:17 am

The Police station was cold. The air conditioning upon the exposed back of her neck. They needed to have this area ventilated well. Too warm and the police got muggy, no air conditioning meant a stale smell that accompanied the older areas of town where technology wasn't as apparent.

Stepping into the entrance foyer, she approached the central desk. Like a hive of honey bees, it was busy and filled with hustling secretaries and officers picking up their work. Phone bells rang and the shuffling of papers were a homogeneous mixture along with the many layers of conversation.

Approaching the front desk, one of the head secretaries looked down towards Saeka. Her hair pulled back into a neat bun and a pair of red glasses rested upon her pointed nose. "May I help you?" She spoke clearly, her eyes focusing onto her like a hawk. On point and quick, she didn't seem to trusting of Saeka's appearance as being something intentional. "Do you need to find your parents?" Her eyebrow raised in distant concern as they quickly darted around the room in the way only an experienced professional could.

Saeka shook her head. "No. I'm an orphan."

The woman's eyes drew to her. "I see." Her narrow lips pursed for a moment. "What are you here for?"
Her words more focused on finding out more.

"I want to make a report for a crime." Saeka said the words as seriously as she could

The secretary was silent. Her mind seeming to piece together scenarios. After a second, she nodded and wrote something down on a piece of paper, handing it to Saeka. "Go up the stairs behind this desk and to the left. Door at the end of the walkway. Knock and say Fugumi sent you, he'll let you in." Her hands stretched out to Saeka with a classy effortlessness as she went to the phone and dialed a few numbers into the pad.

Quietly nodding and taking the piece of paper from the woman's hand, she left as the woman told her to.

She went up the wooden staircase and into the even colder walkway above the foyer. Stepping to the left side, she walked along the hallways as she passed by photos and potted plants.

Stepping up to the door, Agent Jo'shiro's name was written on a plaque outside. It was the last one at the end of the walkway for sure.

Saeka swallowed and knocked.

-tbc-
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:00 am

Saeka was greeted with the sound of footsteps approaching as a short, stocky man looked to her from his office.

Jo'Shiro's eyes narrowed upon her as she stood before him. "You need something?"

Saeka nodded, "I want to make a report of an incident."

Seeming irked, Jo'Shiro turned his wide, fish-like mouth to the side. "Oh? What could it be related to?"

Saeka felt herself becoming nervous at the thought of speaking to this man. He didn't seem at all comforting. "I was kidnapped in an adoption hoax."

Looking off into the distance, Jo'Shiro's attention could never have been the farther. "Adoption hoax? That sounds a bit odd. Little girl, you do know that being adopted is a mutual decision and not a forced upon act?"

Saeka furrowed her brow, "I do, indeed, bu-"

"And by consenting to adoption you do hereby accept the risks that come along with the procedure?"

Trying to find a space to speak, Saeka knew she would have to make a point to him somehow, "It wasn't like that at first! They took me underground and then these strange men stripped me and said they were going to sell me!"

Jo'Shiro's brow raised for a moment before he nodded. "I'll make sure you're taken care of." He mumbles before stepping into his office momentarily to retrieve a piece of paper. Scribbling something onto it, he points in another direction. "You'll find the medical department on the south wing. You'll be able to get treatments and work out a place to stay in the meantime until you are properly worked back into the orphanage system again. I'll bid you good day on this." Detective Jo'Shiro nodded turned his back on the girl before him and waddling back into his office.

"W-Wait!" Saeka called to him, in which Jo'Shiro replied with an exasperated sigh.

"Yes?"

Saeka found a moment to form her words, "You're simply going to drop the concept of a kidnapped child?"

Jo'Shiro closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. "You have no evidence, no faces and what it seems to be, no clue of the motivation behind such actions. You probably have no markers or maps, so I have no foundation in which to base an investigation. Plus, you didn't even file a proper report to the investigation bureau of Amegakure, which is a skip in the process that is quite detrimental to our success. Now, just because you were directed here, you feel entitled to receiving my personal attention, no? Quite on the contrary, you don't. Find out your facts and maybe then you might have the investigation you so please, but even then, you have no home. I've given you the appropriate directions, and as I said before, have a good day."

The door closed before Saeka, her words halted before any chance was provided.

- - -

Saeka returned to the only place where she knew she might have a chance, as much of a risk as it was. Returning to the theive's outpost, she called out to the man who had helped her escaped, searching for his presence nearby.
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:06 pm

"If you are looking for me I'm back here." Kiyoshi's voice drifts from behind the house, where he was busy washing blood from his hands. He looks up as Saeka comes around to the back of the house. "They didn't believe you? Not really surprised, children aren't really considered a good source of information these days. So, why'd you come back? I'm sure you could've gone back to your orphanage and waited for someone else to adopt you..." Kiyoshi trails off, his eyes searching the trees. He starts to chuckle, looking back to Saeka. "It seems they did believe you, seeing as how you were followed. Stay here I'll be right back after I look after our guests..." With that, Kiyoshi turns and disappears into the trees, still chuckling to himself.

Minutes and about a dozen screams of terror later, Kiyoshi reemerges, dragging the very agent that sent Saeka away behind him. The man was bruised but still alive, and was trying desperately to get away, although his attempts weren't even straining Kiyoshi at all. The agent was tossed against the house, a blade pinning him to it a second later, forcing him to stay in place. "Okay, where were we Saeka? Oh yes, why did you decide to come back here? After all, I'm not someone who should make you feel safe. It seems rather counterproductive if you want to live, or do you just want your life to end? I could easily do that for you."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:53 am

Saeka's eyes look to the detective. He had actually believed her to a degree... but he had to conceal himself. Her eyes blankly examined the individual as he held onto the blade deeply embedded into his shoulder cavity. Her eyes then returned to look up to the individual before her, Kiyoshi.

Her hands remained still at her sides, but she had to hold them there from her subtle shaking. Whether it was from her being wet from Ame's rains or from her own fear of speaking to such an individual like this man, she wasn't sure.

Lifting her eyes, forcibly willing them to meet the taller, older one's, she felt her eyes falter for but the smallest second meeting his own. She had seen this man violate the sanctity of other human's lives... he had seen her... kill someone. Her eyes looked into his own, searching almost vehemently beneath a still stare.

How... what made his eyes any different than the other people she had met? It wasn't explainable. There was no key nor descriptive trait that could label this man as someone who had killed.

It had perplexed her as she thought, but then realized that this situation was the only option she had. Her hands clasp before her hips, taking on a professional stance. Her eyes close for a moment as she gathers herself and meets his eyes once more. His gaze was met with her own determined one.

"In consideration of the situation I am in, I would like you to consider a deal with me." Her hands shook within each other's grasp as she held her poise. Her knowledge would be her only defense against this man not killing her... But, the fact that she was still speaking was a sign that her idea could work. "I need a place to live for the moment... I am unable to return to the orphanage without proper legal display of my recently adoptive parent's abandonment of me. Along with the fact that my story is far-fetched to the point that I'd be considered for being put in an insane asylum for speaking the truth, thus I am in a rather... tight predicament for living."

Her hands unbuckle for a moment as she lowers her shoulders, a breath escaping her lips. "As an individual educated on the simply blunt nature of society, I wish to propose this idea to you: Help me with a living arrangement of sorts and I will aid you in what you wish until I am able to find sufficient housing and sustainability...even if it be more... gruesome in nature."
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:43 am

Kiyoshi stops, staring at the girl before him in surprise. "You want to be a minion? That's uh...different." He sits down on a stump, rubbing his forehead as he thinks.

"Okay, let's assume I'm taking your offer seriously for a moment, there is no way I'd accept your deal as it stands. First off, when I get minions I don't just let them leave when they want to, I decide when they leave, you'd be no different. Secondly, assuming that you'd get to go when you wanted to, you'd give me your...services...for what? Eight years? You look about twelve so I guess you'd want to set off on your own when you hit twenty or twenty-one. Eight years is nothing to me, a blink of the eye, plus half of that time would be getting you strong enough so you could actually help me. As it stands, I have no reason to accept your deal seeing as how you aren't family. I suggest you spice it up a little, and for the love of god stop shaking in fear, I'm not going to touch you."

He turns to look at the agent, rolling his eyes. "And you, stop whining you aren't going to die from that wound, stop shifting and the pain would stop. People these days, can't even stand a little pain, god."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:14 am

Pulling her shoulders back, Saeka solidifies her posture. Comfort coming into play now that she can actually talk to him on a bargaining level. Her hands unclasping only for a second to be reclasped one atop the other.

"You wish for me to sweeten the deal, so I shall. Before I do, though, I ask that there be a clarification."
Her eyes meet the other's with strong intention. "I will not be your minion, Kiyoshi. I will be nothing more than an aid to your cause." Her eyes close, then reopen. "The term minion implies that service is mindless and blind. My efforts toward your cause will be done in a professional manner, as I consider everything I do when in contact with another." One of her hands is freed to push up and adjust her glasses. "My services include any sort of maintenance, surveillance and anything else that you wish of me that I am capable of doing. I will address you with appropriate mannerisms, and show proper respect when necessary... you will, in a sense, be my employ-"

A sudden breeze blows, her hair blowing into her just opened lips, causing her to try and spit out the long strands of black and near-completely dried hair. Her hands running through her hair as she tried to regain her poise. Sighing, she realized the stance she had been put in.

Her eyebrows lowered as she relented. "Okay... I'll put it like this: I just need a place to stay until I can find my own sustainability and live on my own. You don't have to cook for me, provide for me, nothing. I just need someplace that I can lay my head for now. I'll grab my own job, do your laundry and cook... I'll take care of anything that you need to me to... I'll do embarrassing tasks, if I have to."

Her eyes lowered to the ground as she held the top of her head with her hands, sinking to her knees. "I'm sorry, I know you don't care... but I've been through enough today as it is... I just need a small break. I promise I can leave within a week and you'll see nor hear of me no more."
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Kiyoshi puts his hand over his mouth, covering his smile as he tries to contain his laughing, with mixed results. He holds up his free hand, telling her to not speak as he gets himself under control. "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to laugh, you were just adorably funny for a moment there. Anyway, let me get this straight, you don't want to be a minion, but you want to work for me? Well I could use some help in my lab, but that would require..." He pauses, clearly thinking. Minutes later, he looks up at her, clearly decided on what he was going to do.

"Okay, I've decided. I have a deal for you, but before I explain it you have to know one thing, it's an all or nothing deal. I will not bargain with you, it's either accept it all or none of it, got it?" Kiyoshi pauses, taking a moment to recollect his thoughts before he starts again. "Okay, so you will help me with anything I require in my lab and won't complain about any of the...side effects, nothing lethal I promise, and you will do this for as long as I need. Consider it your job. In exchange for your services, I will adopt you. There are things I will want you to do as my daughter, but we can get into that later. Oh yeah, one last thing, my family doesn't betray each other. Family is first and foremost, something to be protected. I will always be there when you need me." Kiyoshi clasps his hands together, leaning forward slightly as he waits for her answer.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Seijitsu Kodani » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:04 am

His words slowly processed through her mind as she gained clarity on the weight of his offer. His eyes met her own and she looked up to him, smoothing the strands of raven hair from her face, lightly flushing with abash color.

"You've just finished killing all these people... essentially guiding me to freedom whether intended or not..." She finally speaks shakily, swallowing as the sentence forms. "...now you want to adopt me?"

Putting her hands down to her sides, she feels numb for a moment. "Is it possible for people to be like this?" Her left hand rising to press the pads of her fingers to her temple. Confusion crossing her face.

Her hand reached out as she finally came to a conclusion, her poise and calm demeanor returning. "You drive a hard, but solid bargain. I look forward to performing your personal standard of satisfaction and eventually exceeding it."
[align=center]Image
Nyan
Seijitsu Kodani
Snow White Queen

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:34 am

Kiyoshi just shrugs. "I guess you can say I do things on a whim. I'm weird like that." He just stops and stares at her for a second, then reaches out and gently takes hold of her hand, pulling Saeka over to him and wrapping her in a hug. He pats her head a few times. "Don't worry, it's over, you're safe now. I won't let anyone hurt you." He rocks her, giving her a few minutes for it to work its way through before it stands up, easily holding her with one hand as he steps over to where the detective is. "It's your lucky day boy, I'm going to let you live. However, from now on I expect you to do your job correctly. Oh and don't try to run, I can easily track you down." With that, he pulls the sword out, the wound sealing itself almost instantly. Kiyoshi takes a few steps before turning back. "Oh yea...if I or any of my children demand something, you better damn well give it to them." He shifts Saeka a little, making her more comfortable then disappears around the side of the house.

Kiyoshi stops at the door into the house, looking at it for a second before pulling out a piece of paper and wrapping it around the handle. He places his hand on the handle and waits a moment, then opens the door and steps into a well lite room. There was a single round table right in front of them with three chairs set around it and what seems to be a kitchen area to the right. Right behind the table is a set of stairs and set into the wall under the stairs is a single door. Kiyoshi takes two steps up into the room, the door closing behind him. "Home sweet home." He waves his hand at the table and watches for a moment as a fourth chair grows from the floor. "Yeah my house is awesome, I'll teach you how to control most of it with time, but for now, you need a bath." He walks across the room and opens the door under the stairs, stepping into a locker room like area that leads into a large and rather impressive bath area.

Kiyoshi puts Saeka down and takes off his jacket, dropping it into a hamper off to the side. "You can't take a bath with your clothes on, do you need help taking them off?" His shirt quickly follows the jacket, then he pauses again, looking at Saeka before sighing. "Look, Saeka. first of all, I'm a doctor. I will be your doctor and as such I will be seeing you naked anyway. Please don't make this awkward and just put your clothes in the hamper. Shoes go there." He points to where she should put her shoes and then puts the rest of his clothes into the hamper and heading into the bath area. He beckons Saeka over to him after he settles in. "Come on, I'll wash your hair and back for you." Kiyoshi waits for Saeka to settle herself in front of him then dumps a cup of water gently onto her head and lathers her hair, working it into her scalp. He leaves it to set for a moment while he pulls out a cloth and rubs Saeka's back, getting off the dirt and grim that had caked inself onto her skin before handing her the cloth. "Okay, make sure to wash the rest of you, I want you squeaky clean."

After fifteen or so minutes, Kiyoshi finishes cleaning himself and steps out of the bath, drying off while walking over to the lockers. He opens one of the lockers, pulling out some clothes. He slides a simple gray shirt on, followed quickly by a pair of underwear and a pair of jeans shorts. He looks over at Saeka, calling out to her. "Saeka come on out so I can get you some clothes. You need to dry off too." Kiyoshi tosses Saeka a towel, pulling out a pair of purple panties that had black edging, handing them to her. This was followed by a white shirt with long sleeves and a pair of lavender short shorts, being handed to her one at a time. He then pulls a pair of black thigh highs out of the air and gives them to her. "Okay, now that you're clean, are you hungry? I can make you something to eat or you can go see your room, it should be made by now, it doesn't take that long."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

Previous

Return to Townships and Cityscapes