Free Time (Oddy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Free Time (Oddy)

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 pm

"Oi!" Dokutoru snapped, quickly responding to Omoi's comment, mostly to try to disperse the awkwardness he was feeling after Kurado's short lecture. It stung, sure, but maybe the demon hunter had a point. On one hand it was wrong to lie to the man, but on the other would it be any better if Kurado knew the extent of his abilities? Time traveling, space manipulation, and more? That a whole clan of people with God-like powers existed? For a person like Kurado who made it his goal in life to hunt down monsters, demons, and things he deemed to be "evil", Dokutoru was concerned for his well-being. Kurado would take one step over the line with trying to figure out where Dokutoru and his clan stood in the balance of the world.

To be honest, Dokutoru was a bit unsure of that himself. It was enough to occupy his mind as he and his companions wandered into Omoi's own personal dimension.

Startled, the Yuki-nin took a step back at the sight of the three headed canine. With a hand on the hilt of his concealed blade, he watched at is passively interacted with Omoi. "What the hell..." He muttered, brow furrowing as he observed the beast. Mythology come to life, Kurado had only seen such a creature in literature. Was it something of this dimension's creation? Did Omoi... create it? Was she spawning life? Once they finished dealing with the dark God plaguing some poor boy's soul, Kurado would have to inquire about Omoi playing God herself.

"Maybe that's for the best," Dokutoru rubbed his head looking from Omoi to Kurado and then back to his beloved friend. "Uh... yeah... yeah I'll just step out." He pointed behind himself, before giving Omoi a smile and stepping out of sight and clear away from the duo.

It was kind of the dragonness to consider Dokutoru in all of this, but if there were going to be several people in a room and Omoi was to open some sort of emotional, pseudo-spiritual channel, it could end very messy indeed. Dokutoru wasn't like regular humans, and his mind was very different. And with the recent changes and the hallucinations...

Dokutoru leaned against a tree, scratching his hairless chin as his eyes wandered over to a red overcoat hanging off of one of the tree branches. He immediately averted his eyes and instead watched the waves pull against the sand on the beach.

...it might end up negatively affecting Omoi.

"I'll be all right. Don't worry about me." Kurado glanced back at Dokutoru as he walked away. "I've been through many tortures, and I know inner pain." His tone quieted. "At the very least, having someone who can totally sympathize with you, who can share your burden, will help."

Flicking his eyes back to the absent Dokutoru, Kurado leaned in a bit to Omoi as the duo continued to walk. "You trust him, right? Dokutoru?" His soft brown eyes filled with concern. "I don't mean to be intrusive, but there's something off about him. I have a sixth sense about these things. Are you sure he's never put you in danger, tried to manipulate you, or... anything like that? Is he a creation of this dimension, maybe even indirectly? Again, I'm sorry, I just have to ask." He had seen this kind of thing before. A demon in disguise manipulating an emotionally unstable woman. Dokutoru being much like the three headed wolf made sense to Kurado. If he was born of this dimension, of Omoi's own thoughts and abilities, it would make sense why he was so concerned and devout to help her, why he just seemed not right. If so, even if she didn't realize it, she needed to let go of her imaginary friend.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 am

A quiet laugh escaped her lips at Kurado-san's questions.

"This place has existed for... maybe a year now. A bit after I passed my jounin exam. I met Dokutoru-san when I was a chunin, about two years ago now. I trust him. He can be reckless, and he has a knack for drawing trouble to him, but he really does mean well.... You seem to think he's not quite real. He's as real as you and me, I assure you, he's just a bit different. Then again, aren't all shinobi a bit different, even from other shinobi?"

Dull sapphire eyes met her companion's soft brown, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

For a moment her mind was elsewhere, remembering panic and tears and bloodied statues and rattling chains in a dimension trying to eat herself and her beloved alive. Then she remembered his expressions, his voice, his heartrate as he told her of his jounin exam and all that had happened with his life at the hands of a madman.

Subconsciously her hand raised to tousle the demon hunter's hair before she took the lead again, quietly murmuring, "Tortures, huh...."

Up the road to the castle, through great gates and into a long hall with a simple long carpet on the floor and colorful tapestries along the walls, soon enough reaching a great den, a fireplace in one wall, great windows in another, carpet laid out here and there and a great dragon-sized nest of soft cloths in a corner of the room, a normal sitting area consisting of a couple of couches and chairs and a coffee table in the middle set in the center of the room. On a stretch of wall was a massive tapestry that showed two dragons of gold and sapphire flying together through the skies, as well as Raika on a silver dragon and a man with brilliant green eyes atop great brown falcon, and many other people scattered throughout, Omoi sitting beside a brown-haired man atop a cliff with a blue-haired man with golden eyes in a kimono behind them, even Tsuuki Koumori lingering amidst the forest behind the cliff, the rest in a rambunctious crowd at the cliff's base or climbing up its face, everyone happy in one way or another....

Omoi gestured for Kurado-san to take a seat before she settled quietly in one of the chairs, a wave of her hand forming a screen of chakra in a strange language at her fingertips. She rapidly typed away and cycled through what appeared to be menus, only to pause before the made the final keystroke.

"...prepare yourself."

Her eyes closed, and she started the program.

Terror, overwhelming pain and rage and anguish, deep lonliness, a quiet hope and firm love amidst the storm of emotions, all suddenly surging through her companion's heart with abrupt force, a wave threatening to crush and drown all in its path.

Otoha Nue.

Her thoughts echoed softly off the stone walls, though none of the sound would go beyond this room.

An image of a brown-haired man with warm brown eyes--then brown eyes with topaz rings--then eyes of gold with catlike pupils and no whites--then tanned skin darkened, grew tattooed with tribal markings, gold eyes encrusted with dark flakes, brown hair darkened to black, and then the eyes turned black with red catlike pupils stretching from top to bottom, and a sharp spike in the negative emotions flowing through her occured, memory shifting to a feeling of a tight embrace, a soft love and a strangeness in his scent, odd words and then the pain of her bottom few ribs and everything below turning to pulp in the twists of darkness as light fled and blood painted everything and the scent of her blood was everywhere and all she could smell was it and him--

A sharp stop came with a sudden snarl, the program coming to an abrupt end as it was cancelled, leaving only the aftershocks of emotion and the scene rippling through her companion. Sharp fangs were bared and eyes were closed amidst the flood of tears as she tucked her legs against her chest and buried her face into her knees, trembling, long sapphire hair shifting to hide her like a curtain as she fought to calm the chaos.

"...sorry."

It was part whisper, part sob, part growl as her emotions got the better of her, seeping through the cracks in the mask she had worked so carefully to maintain.

How could she tell Kurado-san what had happened if she couldn't control the flood?
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 pm

"Okay." Kurado nodded, listening to Omoi's response. Perhaps such a thing was improbable, Dokutoru being imaginary, but he had seen stranger. "I trust you... and so then I'll trust him."

Kurado had no qualms following Omoi further into the castle. Silently taking in all the unique decor, Kurado found the castle far creepier than he had thought it would be. Part of it felt even... wrong. Like it wasn't supposed to be there. It made sense in a way, Omoi had created it and this dimension all on her own, supposedly. Something that still irked Kurado. But this was not the time nor the place to be questioning that.

"Whenever you're ready, Omoi." Kurado said, watching her fiddle with some strange technology. Maybe it was magic. Or both, even. This past hour had been very strange for the hunter.

Letting out a sigh, Dokutoru slouched down to sit against the tree now. Further down, and his eyes further averted from the hanging overcoat of the man he had murdered. Worse than murder, arguably. To protect someone he cared about it, even to save the world, he etched the man and over a hundred other people out of existence. This also killed Dokutoru in the process, hence his new form. Albeit a bit unstable.

"I don't remember the last time I just..." He looked around, blank expression observing the beautiful creation Omoi had spawned. "...had a few minutes to myself."

Reeek!

Chair slid back across the floor as Kurado stood up, a hand on his head and his eyes shut tight as his mind attempted to sort through the information and emotions that were given to him. Perhaps the emotions were the most difficult to let seep in, his soul was practically rejecting them. Rage and loneliness were familiar to Kurado, but the positive emotions that the lively girl had in her were a bit more than the Yuki-nin could take. When was the last time he had felt love... or even hope? In light of recent events it... it didn't matter. This wasn't about him, this was about someone who needed help.

"It's okay, Omoi." He said, shaking his head slightly as he pulled back his chair and sat down again, swallowing everything that Omoi had fed to him. "I know it's hard, believe me." Kurado wanted to reach out and grab her hand, but he didn't want to agitate her. Instead, Kurado leaned in closer to the girl. "You don't worry about me here. I can handle this. Whatever you need to do... do it. It's the only way I can help you." Kurado was always ready to sacrifice for people. Even if he was not on very good terms with "hope", Kurado was always more than willing to give it out to those in need. Kurado was truly other people's hope.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:07 am

For a moment fangs were bared, and a soft string of another language, rumbling and musical, escaped her lips.

The kunoichi uncurled, stood, began walking towards the nest of cloth in the corner of the room, her body changing as she went: clothes merging with skin to form sapphire scales, tail and wings sprouting, face and neck elongating, legs altering and her body growing as she switched to all fours, sapphire scales glittering in the light of the floating orbs in the chandelier above. A height of seven feet at her shoulder, a length of twenty-two feet from muzzle to the tip of her tail. Her body powerfully muscled and yet also slender and graceful, her head subtlely tapered. Great wings folded. Tears no longer flowing, vanished. Ivory claws lightly clicked across the floor as she moved with the quiet grace of a predator.

The dragoness circled once, twice atop the blankets before curling up comfortably, her tail curling around front as sapphire eyes with cat-like pupils came to a rest on the man, the distance between them increased now that she was in her corner, though she could still see him just fine....

"A warrior giving away hope and keeping none for himself is a foolish one indeed."

Despite her words, her voice was soft, gentle. A wry smile revealed ivory fangs.

"I seem to get along with fools the best, though. I'm one myself, after all."

A broken, tired, musical laugh escaped her muzzle. She needed to gather what strength she had left for this man's sake. Afterwards, she'd dredge up even more for Kaitou-kun until she could break and allow him to help her pick up the pieces.

The thought of her slumbering hatchmate-of-heart shifted her gaze in the direction of his room for a moment before she formed another chakra panel, typing away with deft claws once again. A final keystroke and the dull roar of her mind returned, but this time her gaze remained on Kurado-san, silent thoughts spilling out as she organized herself.

She was a scholar, a warrior, a scientist, a huntress, a healer, a guardian, a dragon, a female, a wounded soul. Sometimes a philosopher when left alone with her thoughts. This pocket dimension was created from complex fuuinjutsu. The castle was wired with a network of fuuinjutsu systems. This thing she was using to communicate her thoughts to him was a part of that system, made for a purpose similar and not. A stray thought of her hoping he didn't mind too much being one of the trial testers.

Her train of thought shifted then.

Life is both fragile and not-fragile, impossibly strong and impossibly weak, chaos and order, emotion and logic. Images flickering by of countless wounds and injuries and blood, inflicted or healed, death dealt and prevented, rapidly flicking between images that held softness--friends, comrades--and those that held the instinct to fight--enemies whose names she'd never known, those she had, red moments of fury on those that had harmed the ones she cared for. Wars and battles are won and lost, but they just keep coming back, don't they? And the losses keep piling up. This place was her sanctuary, a place to find peace and safety that would otherwise be impossible. But all of this wasn't the reason she had brought him here, was it?

Otoha Nue. Former BOLT Commander, now a missing-nin with a high danger level. My beloved, trapped and twisted by the ones who I imagine created his kekkei genkai. So-called 'gods of fate'. A series of images appeared. An immense golden dragon wielding light, so much bigger than she was. Smaller manifestations, most commonly golden dragon wings appearing on her beloved's back. His senses had been enhanced. It had dyed his eyes golden, his pupils catlike. Then an immense black dragon wielding darkness itself, just as large as the first. The black-and-red draconic arm he had replaced his own with after losing it in battle. His eyes dyed black, catlike pupil blood red.

The heavy smell of her own blood. No legs, no abdomen, stumps of arms. She couldn't heal herself. Raika would never have been able to save her. Otoha leaving her there, saying she wouldn't die, that he'd call for Raika. All so calm. The darkness surrounding him. The light fleeing.

A skip back, an old nightmare, darkness a tangible thing seeking out her blood. Otoha appearing, shining out a warm light. She running to him. He growing farther away, light dimming until he vanished in the darkness.

She withdrew then, jaw tensed as she temporarily closed her thoughts off from the seal projecting them, letting the quiet last as she tried to reorganize her thoughts before they dove into the stormy flood of her heart once more.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Kurado grew quiet as Omoi spoke to him. Her words resonated with him more than he thought they would have. Was he really so... hopeless? He always encouraged people, gave them hope, but never did the same for himself. It was quite an odd situation, he thought. Kurado Akido, the hopeless warrior. Yet a beacon of hope for others in need.

"We're all a bit foolish." He replied, a single hand rubbed against the burn marks on his face, they had been aching him today. Some days were worse than others.

Dragging the chair forward, he sat in it before Omoi. Despite the emotional turmoil it caused him, and the pain he knew was coming, he was ready for a second round. If it was bad for him, it must have been worse for Omoi. This was what kept Kurado going, partly in hope that he could help delocalize the poor girl's pain rather than keep it all to herself...

Some friend Dokutoru was. Had the quirky shinobi not even bothered to talk to Omoi? She seemed to have a lot of emotional pressure building within her. A real friend would have helped Omoi with that. Kurado trusted Omoi's judgement on the man, but something about him didn't seem right.

"When was the last time you had a moment to yourself, Kurokku?" A taller man with auburn hair and eyes seemed to suddenly appear next to the tree Dokutoru decided to rest at. "So busy trying to keep your mind occupied, huh? I'm not a hallucination, you know! I'm real!" Myoushu shouted.

Dokutoru seemed to be completely ignoring the man. The hallucination that was nothing more than a piece of his cracked imagination. The red overcoat and Myoushu Kouinjoutei-- no one else could see them. Ever since Dokutoru regenerated he slowly began hallucinating more and more.

"You'll talk to me eventually." The Kouinjoutei said, leaning against the tree behind Dokutoru. "You always do. I love our little chats, Kurokku. The way you yell at me gives me such a thrill! The man who made an entire village cease to exist, pulled it from time, just because he got a little mad. It makes me wonder what you'll try to do to me, considering I don't exist either."

Eyes shut tight, the only thing Dokutoru could do know was try to nap. Or the very least pretend. All the while his dead/non-existent clansman continued to chat away in his ear.

Exhaling, Kurado put his elbows up on the table, burying his head into his palms. He was used to things like this, nightmares and such. It certainly didn't make letting them enter directly into his mind any easier, but it was a torture he had learned to swallow quietly. Considering the level of negativity Omoi was expelling, perhaps there was no better person to do this than Kurado.

"I'm still all right," he said. Letting his forearms rest on the tabletop now, his plain brown eyes looked across to Omoi. "Take whatever time you need to organize. If you think it would help, and if you have anymore to share, I am ready to jump in again whenever you are."

He was easily able to piece things together. More than that, it felt like he experienced what Omoi had. It wasn't the same as an actual memory, but it was close. Hopefully no side effects would be dragged along with this, though. Kurado already had enough scarring; physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Of course, really, what was a few more wounds?

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:32 am

Sapphire eyes came to a rest on Kurado.

...I don't think you've been fine in a long time. Your scent, your eyes, your movements and words.... The thought was a quiet one, about the level of a whisper if it had been verbal.

After a moment, a simple feeling of apology, and she continued telling him what she could.

This kekkei genkai, the so-called Blades of Fate, I believe their name is.... Despite me calling it a kekkei genkai, it doesn't seem to be passed down in families. Or... perhaps the "family" it is passed down among is the human race itself, with very few ever awakening it. I'm not sure. But... its awakening itself requires very specific circumstances. Perhaps the individuals are hand-picked by the spirit-gods that rule over the Blades. But in order to become a Blade, the person must face death. I... think it's like a contract. Another chance at life, increased power, as long as you serve Fate itself. You make the contract on some item, probably one that holds meaning to the contractee. And then you awaken. Injuries and scars gone, like you had just been born. The kekkei genkai gives you armor and a weapon, both forged from your own chakra, in a way. Or linked to it. Both are solid materials, though, and the weapon... I think it probably varies based on the individual. Otoha's was a sword. Probably still a sword, he always seemed to prefer them.... An image of black armor of an unknown material, the design vaguely demonic: the Blade's armor, as she knew it. It gave an increase in power and speed, as well as protection when worn. This is the basic level of the kekkei genkai, and knowledge is inserted into your mind on how to use it. But knowledge of the kekkei genkai seems to follow a need-to-know basis... and apparently normal Blades don't need to know everything. The next awakening... there are likely very few that ever reach it and become a sort of "chosen one". I think... that one has to die again. But I don't know if that was the sole trigger in Otoha's case. Not after.... A flicker of images, Otoha's unconscious body covered in blood and wounds and fresh scars.

She closed her mind again, hiding her thoughts as sharp claws kneaded into fabric that oddly refused to tear at her prodding. A deep ferality was shining in her eyes, and she closed them, releasing a slow exhale before she finally continued.

...not after what happened to him. His second awakening didn't heal his wounds like the first, but it made him host of the Kinryu, the gold dragon that is a god of... good and order, I imagine. But... perhaps it also made him host of the Kuroryu, as well, the black dragon that is a god of evil and chaos, and the Kuroryu showed its face only on occasion. Maybe as long as Otoha was strong, the Kinryu suppressed the Kuroryu. But... at some point, he started to weaken, and I never saw it coming. There should have been signs, but I was blinded, my instincts dulled by safety despite the danger of missions and battles. And... perhaps also by believing he would always be fighting by my side. Maybe I took him for granted... and then lost him. I don't know. I don't know if I could have saved him, could have stopped the change. All I can do is find a way to stop him now, to free him from the Kuroryu's fangs. The Kinryu has already fled, abandoning my beloved. A sharp bitterness. I do not know what has become of it. Maybe it sought out a new host. I have never met another Blade, so all I know is what Otoha told me and what I've seen and figured out for myself. My knowledge on the matter is severely lacking, and without your help... all I can do is find ways to avoid dying or being caught off guard like I was the night the Kuroryu won. Perhaps I could figure something out with enough time, but I do not know what Kuroryu's plans are.

Kurado-san... please. Help me find a way to save Otoha.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Before settling down to prepare for another wave of emotion, Kurado had a moment to ponder about what Omoi had said. He really hadn't been all right in a long time. But, he was well enough. If Kurado wasn't okay, if he couldn't keep trudging on like had always been, he would feel guilty for the misfortune that would befall other people. Maybe, now more than ever, Kurado realized he was a warrior of hope without any of his own.

Calmer than before, Kurado didn't feel forcibly snapped back into his own body as Omoi's visions and psychic-sharing of information came to a halt. It seemed she had related all that she wanted to. For now, at least.

"Gods of light and dark... very mythological. In the case with most Gods, though, even the supposed virtuous ones are never as 'good' as they seem." Kurado said out loud, letting out a sigh of relief. The whole experience had been rougher on his psyche than he had first imagined. "I'll have to do some research before directing you to fighting against a God, but, thinking about the situation as a whole..." He leaned back in his chair. "Kinryu, the God that had been kicked out of Otoha's body, seems to be our best bet for freeing him. How we go about doing that is definitely going to be tricky and risky regardless of what happens. Is there any lore or facts on what happens to Kinryu after he is free of a host? If it's a matter of finding someone pure and full of light, is there anyone else that could fit the bill... I guess?" He was partially thinking out loud, and partially brain storming. None of these ideas were concrete, but it seemed like a good place to start poking.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Claws kneaded the fabric of her nest, sapphire eyes gazing at the ground.

"'Pure and full of light', huh.... I... don't think it's that simple."

Her tail slowly swished as she thought, some of her tension finally released. But... something kept trying to get her attention, yet she couldn't put a claw on it.

"Otoha.... He was reckless, but it was always for the sake of others. He'd put himself in a bad state and ignore his injuries just to keep others safe, whether those others could handle themselves or not. But... there were still many times when I saw him smile or heard his laughter, when he could be cheerful despite everything, whether at my prodding or not. But... he really grew into it all, as well. The traits were there, but they grew more pronounced with time as we fought and lived in Kumo, even... though we lost a lot."

What was it? Not Otoha or what had happened, but....

Omoi rose suddenly, circling around and around atop the mass of fabric, only to stop, stare at Kurado-san for a moment, sit down and use her forepaws to bring up a mass of chakra screens, her gaze flicking between them to make sure all was normal....

A flick of her paw banished the screens and completely ended the mental-share program, and she rose again, frowning slightly.

"...I'm gonna go check on Dokutoru-san.... I'm fine with him joining us now, anyway."

And then she was padding through the hall to the great gates and launching from the cliff into the skies, catching her time-travelling friend's scent and winging her way towards him.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Kurado nodded, showing his attentiveness as Omoi explained poor Otoha's state before being taken over by the dark God. All the while Kurado wiped the sweat from his face with a free hand. It was more of an emotional toll on the supernatural hunter than he had let on, the whole "mind-melding" experience. He'd be okay in time, but it wasn't as simple as suppressing everything. Part of him wanted to scream and flip over the table in front of him, while another wanted to violently cry, but he wouldn't do either. He was keeping stable for Omoi's sake.

"I suppose you could say that I can relate to Otoha." There wasn't much smiling and laughing these days, but he never stopped helping others. Not for a second. "You know that we'll save him, right? Even if tears me apart, I'll help you save him." Kurado would have said this anyways, but the psychic connection he and Omoi had shared really pushed his desire to bring back Otoha to his former self. The jounin had an idea how much she was hurting, and how much of a problem Kuroryu was now.

"I'll stay here, I just need a couple minutes to organize my thoughts." And maybe scream into his cloak or something. "Go get your odd friend."

"They've been in there a while, huh?" Myoushu looked to the castle and then to Dokutoru, who still rested against the tree with his eyes shut. "What exactly do you think they're doing? Kissing?" He smirked.

Dokutoru let out a small sigh, nearly able to drown out Myoushu by this point. But there was only so much constant badgering he could take.

"Why the hell else would you travel around and befriend young women all the time? I bet you just want to kiss them, huh? Hook up, or whatever these humans call it. You're really slumming, aren't you? They're tainting you, Kurokku!" The coatless man shouted, getting in Dokutoru's relaxed face.

Still acting normal, Dokutoru was doing well given the circumstances. These episodes never lasted very long, especially when Dokutoru just ignored them like he was.

Growling, Myoushu turned his back on the man and walked over to a nearby ledge. "Kurado's a hunter. You knew that, though. You left the monster slayer alone with a dragon. Your 'friend'. If you weren't such a coward I bet you would have stayed. What's wrong, afraid of sulky man with some burn wounds?" Dokutoru flinched. "You wouldn't even fight me up front. No, you went behind my back and set up the explosion that killed me. That ripped me from reality along with all of those villagers! It wouldn't of had to come to that if you just fought me! But no, that's not you is it!?" The angry time lord turned to Dokutoru and marched toward him. "Never the fighter, never use a weapon, never kill! You would rather me not have existed at all! You're just as bad as me, and twice as crazy!"

"Shut up!!" Dokutoru screamed, suddenly opening his eyes to face his hallucination. When he did, though, the man had vanished. Looking around, there wasn't a trace or whisper of him. Letting his head fall against the tree behind him, Dokutoru let his shoulders fall as he shut his eyes again. He really was crazy.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:46 pm

A gust of wind buffeted Dokutoru-san as the dragoness landed, sapphire eyes flickering from him to the tree branch to a spot where her instincts expected something to be there, but her senses spoke otherwise.... Though Dokutoru-san's scream suggested her instincts were right, or....

Space-time was a vast subject she had little knowledge on, and seemed to never fully make sense anyway.

Omoi padded around the tree one last time to make sure, a frown on her muzzle, before she stopped before her friend, nostrils flaring briefly.

She looked over her shoulder, back to the castle.

Looked back to Dokutoru-san.

And then, with a frustrated growl at the sheer negativity of the scents around her, she gently picked up the time traveler in her jaws, a film of Ryuujinscale keeping her fangs from piercing his body as the startled man struggled.

A few bounds and off she went into the sky again, flying back to her castle, landing smoothly and padding back through the hall and into the den, circling around to pass Kurado-san and pick him up with her tail no matter what he was doing before she reached her nest of Ryuujinscale fabric, circling around once, twice, before laying down and curling up.

The wing on the inner curve of her body raised, and head and tail moved to deposit the two men atop the blankets against the warm curve of her side, covering them with her wing before curling her tail and head around comfortably outside, a low, soothing hum rippling in her chest like a purr.

No matter the state of her own heart... she wouldn't allow them to go uncomforted, in one manner or another; she didn't know why Dokutoru-san was so upset, but he was; and Kurado-san's state was mostly her own doing.

And so she hummed, as her parents had in the past when she was a hatchling and had gotten upset over something.

She didn't know if it would work on the two beneath her wing, but... it was worth a try, if nothing else.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:48 pm

"What the hell just happened?" Kurado asked, a large wing placed on top of him, making it rather difficult to move.

Both men had been pulled out of a very dreary and contemplating state, quite forcibly, by Omoi. The transition was wild enough that it left Dokutoru in a daze, Kurado was out of sorts too, but he was simply upset by the ordeal.

"Dokutoru? Is this real?" He called out, realizing Dokutoru had gotten dragged along with him.

"Yes... uh..." Dokutoru was never good with bumpy rides. He felt like his mind was fragile enough. "Yes this is very real. I can't imagine what you've been through to even consider that a possibility." And this was coming from the guy who had just been hallucinating.

"Well, given the past hour of events I can't rule out any possibility." The hunter, finally relaxing, attempted to look at his surroundings. In particular, the curled position of Omoi's.

Letting out a sigh, Dokutoru was relieved to see Omoi okay. While he may have been ignoring the hallucination that was Myoushu, it didn't mean that he wasn't listening. Dokutoru had a fear that Kurado may try to harm Omoi. It would have only figured, too. That something that Dokutoru had done to try and help Omoi would only bring her danger. Dokutoru would have never forgave himself if Kurado hurt her in anyway. But it was a silly fear.

"Omoi, I can't say I'm much interested in a nap. Thanks for the offer." Kurado didn't sleep much anyway. After the inflow of emotions, information, and terrible threat-- he saw a long week of research and God-hunting ahead of him. "The beginning of my research usually starts with coffee." Or pills.

"I already relaxed out by the tree. Half an hour to myself did me wonders." Lied the time lord, feeling awkward at the possibility of sleeping next to Omoi or Kurado. As much as he was beginning to trust the man, he wasn't about to fall asleep next to a fuuinjutsu expert, given how overly curious Kurado seemed to be.

Though, truth be told, both Kurado and Dokutoru were totally under Omoi's whim. Kurado hadn't a hope of escaping, and Dokutoru's abilities were basically nullified in this dimension. She wasn't exactly a pushover either. Not that they were fearing Omoi, but, it was a reality they were faced with upon stepping foot in this place.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Her hum shifted to a low, annoyed growl, and suddenly her wing was off of them and large paws were atop their chests trapping the two down, though no weight was upon them; only claws digging into the blankets around them.

Sapphire eyes focused on Dokutoru-san first.

"I can read your scents."

Her gaze shifted to Kurado-san then, including him in the quiet warning.

Lies would be noticed immediately, as would their physical conditions and stresses.

...and, after a few moments, the steel in her gaze softened, and the dragoness sighed.

"You idiots need to take the time to stop and look after yourselves every now and then before you shatter...." she murmured, sadness in her gaze before she released them, sitting quietly for a few moments, lost in memories before she shook her head and swiped a hand-like paw across the air before her.

Multiple chakra screens formed in the path of its swipe, the text upon them all in the strange language that was the dialect of draconic she'd grown up with, sapphire eyes lingering on one read-out before she altered it with a flick of her claw, changing it to a different set of information.

"Kurado-san.... May I give you a medical check-up of sorts? It'll be a bit different than what you're used to, though. No clothing removal, just chakra, and it'll also include some medical care. And Dokutoru-san.... I want to talk to you later on, alright?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:23 pm

"Read our... scents?" Kurado's eyes narrowed before looking to Dokutoru.

The time lord, after parting gaze with Omoi, gave Kurado a shrug. "She's a walking lie detector. Nothing seems to get past her." As Omoi removed the weight off of them, the two men stood and Dokutoru ran a hand through his own slate blue hair. "Given your line of work, Kurado, I don't suppose you have much trouble differentiating between truth and lies either." He said.

Kurado ignored the words of both of the strange creatures keeping him company. Neither Dokutoru or Omoi technically qualified as being "human". Ironically, Kurado fared much better with his foxes keeping him company.

"Uh... I think that's pretty unnecessary." Kurado folded his arms across his brown fur cloak. "I handle mental anguish better than most. With physical scars covering my body," he chuckled softly, "I have to say I am pretty thankful this little quest didn't leave me with anymore." The hunter exhaled, letting his shoulders drop and his eyes examine the ground before looking back up to Omoi. "...If it'll make you feel better though, go ahead and give me a once over." He couldn't imagine Omoi felt terribly great about what she put Kurado through.

Flinching, Kurokku Kouinjoutei gave Omoi his full attention. "I'd hope so!" He smirked, hiding anxiety of what his friend had been piecing together. "You weren't just going to leave me without chatting a bit, right?" Truth be told, Dokutoru had something he wanted to discuss with Omoi, too. "Sure. I'll be right here whenever you finish with our friend."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 pm

...Dokutoru-san was worried.

So she was right... something was wrong.

Sapphire eyes lingered on her time-traveling friend for a moment before her gaze flicked back to Kurado-san, forming quick handsigns before gently touching the dull back curve of a claw against his chest, siphoning the information flowing into her brain into the chakra screens, medical readouts suddenly flowing with information, though she discarded the information about his DNA....

Her claw lingered against him, her free hand-paw rapidly flicking through the screens as chakra flowed, using the multitude of information to guide her chakra's movement.

Old injuries that hadn't healed quite right, swiftly repaired, their pains fading, though the outer scarring remained, and she left his burn-wounds alone; he was right, she wouldn't be able to do anything for them right now, and she doubted he would want his other scars erased.

Bits of natural wear and tear were healed, though it would always come again in time.

What viruses lingering within his body were subtly toned down if they would have been enough to cause him illness.

Sapphire eyes lingered on the chakra screens, seeking out any other deteriorations or dangers... but what he needed most was probably sleep.

If he slept now of his own accord, he would probably be plagued by nightmares, but if she--

Her gaze shifted to Kurado-san again, pondering, before she shook her head and banished the chakra screens with another swipe, withdrawing both paws.

"Just make sure you get some real sleep at some point, if you can. Aside from that... a couple of gifts."

Her hand-paw extended to him again, palm-up, and a small bag of tea-bags and a simple tag of Ryuujinscale, the borders in sapphire while the center of the tag was white, "Kurado" in black text upon it, appeared atop her scaly palm.

"The tea would be healthier for you than coffee. Raika made the original blend, I improved a bit upon it.... It's got a nice blend of fruit and herbs, and it'll give a good energy boost. As for the tag.... use it if you ever need to find me or if you need somewhere safe to stay for a while; just flow chakra into it and it'll make a portal like the one we used to get here. It'll bring you to a room in my castle that I'll set up for your personal use. If you bring anyone with you, though, they won't be able to leave the room without my permission. If you activate it again while you're here, it'll take you back to the same spot in the normal world that you entered from. And yes, the flow of time in here is the same as it is there. You can test it now if you'd like, I set the last location to your apartment where we entered from.... We'll need to follow you to pick up Dokutoru-san's transport, though, so uh...."

Omoi smiled sheepishly.

"He and I will have to vanish through your closet again, I suppose," she chuckled.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:41 pm

"That's definitely some technique." The hunter let out a sigh as Omoi ceased the process. He couldn't lie, he felt much better. Physically, anyway. Looking over his right arm, it was clear that the burns remained. Not to his surprise, though. While they were severe, yes, they were also more than just a physical scar as he had described to the dragonness earlier.

A single chuckle left the man's throat as he pocketed the bag into his cloak. "Maybe I'll give the tea a shot." Coffee had grown to be something of a comfort for the jounin. Late nights or early mornings, whenever he needed coffee it was always peaceful. Quiet. No demons or monsters or evil, just the silence of his apartment and a stack of paper for research.

Kurado twisted the Ryuujinscale tag between his fingers, eyes narrowing as he observed the seal on it. A master of fuuinjutsu in his own right, Kurado was more than curious at how Omoi was able to concoct such an elaborate ability into a seal. Kurado might just collapse if he saw the seal-ridden interior of the TASAM. Dokutoru could barely handle the complexity.

"The flow of time?" Kurado asked, lifting his up to look at Omoi. "I can't imagine 'time' would be any different. If you could alter the 'flow of time', as you call it, you would be..." He paused and Dokutoru avoided eye contact. "...I don't know. Some sort of demigod. And you know how I feel about them." Chuckling again, Kurado wasted no time testing out Omoi's seal.

Portal sprouting from the Ryuujinscale tag, Kurado stepped through. Indeed, it did lead back to his apartment. Before passing through himself, Dokutoru gave Omoi a shrug. "He doesn't need to know about my abilities if we can help it. Let's not send him down that rabbit hole."

Omoi and Dokutoru now by Kurado's side, the portal shut as the jounin sent another pulse of his chakra through the tag. "So that's how you got into my apartment." Kurado looked back to his closet, which was actually a clever disguise by the TASAM. Kurado's real closet was inside the TASAM itself, which would be promptly and stealthy returned to its place when the TASAM left. "A portal just like this, but with the gateway ending up in my closet. Interesting. My work with teleportation seals involves a pair of seals that I hop between. Seems like I could do some major improvement on them."

Smirking, Dokutoru looked to Omoi. "She's clever. Smart. I am too, just a bit." The older man turned his head to Kurado again, looking the lonely hunter in the eyes. "So you realize how serious this is if we had to ask for your help on this matter. And we thank you, again."

Kurado gave a single nod to the time traveler, his attitude toward him had lightened, but there was just something that the hunter couldn't shake. "I will be in touch." He said, brown eyes looking at Omoi. That tea might come in handy tonight.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways