Free Time (Oddy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Free Time (Oddy)

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm

The now human-formed Omoi nodded to Kurado-san, offering a small smile.

"Perhaps next time we can have a less... stressful chat. I'd bet we both have much to learn from each other, fuuinjutsu and otherwise. Until then, Kurado-san."

And with that, she turned, gently taking Dokutoru-san's wrist in her grasp and heading towards the closet with the time-traveler, slipping inside and shutting the door behind them.

The human-formed dragoness turned to her friend then, releasing his wrist and instead taking hold of his cheeks and pulling just enough to produce pain, sapphire eyes annoyed.

"I don't like friends thinking I can do things I can't. Assumptions based on such knowledge can have deadly results."

And with that, she released him and slipped another Ryuujinscale tag into his hand, identical to Kurado-san's aside from a difference in name, this one reading 'Dokutoru', and the location to which it would send them: a room she had set up for Dokutoru-san himself.

"If you can, use that to find the new coordinates. And anyway... my comment about the flow of time wasn't said with your abilities in mind. It was said with the capabilities of high-level fuuinjutsu in mind; after all, that's what allows the TASAM to run, isn't it?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 pm

With the shut of the closet door, Kurado stood alone in his apartment once again. He glanced around, making sure everything was still in place before setting the gift from Omoi down onto the table.

"Closet, huh?" Kurado moved over to the thing, hand pressed against it as he closed his eyes. "Trying to sense anything would be silly, but..." Opening the closet door, it was totally empty. "...I swear I could have felt something. Maybe I can reverse engineer what Omoi gave me. If that was really their method of transportation." Like Dokutoru had said, Kurado had a knack for judging whether someone was being truthful or not. Kurado still didn't have a lot of faith in Dokutoru, he still felt like something was wrong with him. He had other issues to worry about, though. He wouldn't lose sleep over it.

"I hope he didn't get a look into the TASAM." Dokutoru said with the slam of the TASAM door. There was a special sort of locking mechanism embedded into the TASAM, it would prevent a curious Kurado from even opening his wardrobe until the TASAM dematerialized.

Closing one of his eyelids, Dokutoru's tear ducts filled as his companion tugged on his cheeks. It was a strange sensation, having his face pulled.

"Sorry, I should thought that through better." The man brought his hand behind his head, rubbing his wavy odd colored hair. "With what I do, Omoi, I have to lie quite often. Believe me, even if it runs us into trouble later, lying to him was for the better."

He had lied to Omoi a few times too. Even though she knew it, she understood that he had his reasons.

Placing the Ryuujinscale tag face down on top of one of the white columns rising from the main console, the seal and the column both glowed a dim purple. With a pull of a lever, the ship began to shake and rattle, but it remained relatively quiet. "Oh, right, we don't need to keep silent anymore do we?!" With a chuckle, Dokutoru circled the console and flicked a few switches that had lit up. Suddenly, the TASAM began to violently shake and groan as per usual. Perhaps even louder. Somehow, Dokutoru preferred this.

Falling against the side of the railing, Dokutoru laughed once again. "I think I might have accidentally hit something! To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what everything does here!" Shouted the madman over the noise of his ship.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Omoi lightly leapt, easily vaulting over the railing and making sure Dokutoru-san didn't fall any further with a grip on his shoulder, knees bent and stance a little wider than normal to cope with the shaking.

"If the TASAM has a manual, you really should sit down and read it, or at least part of it, you know.... It's not like you haven't got the time for it."

And when the TASAM finally stopped shaking... her free hand took hold of his other shoulder, effectively pinning him against the railing he'd fallen against, sapphire eyes fiercely holding his gaze.

"Dokutoru-san.... What was that, out under the tree? Don't think I didn't hear you shouting. And don't think you can explain it away with any lies. If something's wrong, if something's bothering you... tell me."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm

"Manual?!" Dokutoru fell against Omoi as she came to Dokutoru's side to help his stance. He wasn't about to deny her help. "It did have one when I stole-- er-- borrowed the TASAM!" As the ship continued to shake, Dokutoru paused for a moment. "Oh, right! I threw it into a black hole! I didn't agree with the instructions!" It might have sounded silly, and truly it was just Dokutoru's stubbornness, but there was more depth to what Dokutoru said than anyone could have assumed. Dokutoru wasn't particularly fond of his people, especially those who worked on TASAM's.

As the TASAM stopped shaking, Dokutoru did not. He found himself thrown against the metal railing, dragon in his face. "You heard that, did you?" Said the man, closing his left eye in his discomfort. What was he going to tell Omoi? That he ripped an entire village from existence, used the paradox energy generated from the event to bring himself and his friend to safety, regenerated, and now he was hallucinating his non-existent clansmen is haunting him-- possibly from a mix of guilt and remaining paradox energy left in his system? It nearly drove Dokutoru insane: what had happened, what he had done, and what was plaguing him now.

"I'm ninety-two years old, Omoi." The man said, his soft teal eyes looking at Omoi before him. "I have seen so much and done... maybe too much. A lot of things I'm not proud of. I thought, when I regenerated into this new form, I would be at peace with myself. Like it would be a fresh start... but it wasn't." He sighed. "It was a nightmare I was having when you found me. Nothing to worry about but, maybe I need to relax. I let the things I've done pile up... I never let any of what I've done go." Not entirely a lie, but, it was more than Dokutoru was expecting to share with her companion.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 pm

"There's no way that would have wiped it all clean to start with, Dokutoru-san. Many impossible things are possible, but there will never be an easy way for anyone to truly forgive themselves for their past mistakes."

Sapphire eyes glanced at her right hand for a moment, lingering on the black band with its cracked sapphire before her gaze refocused on her companion, grip tightening slightly.

"Dokutoru-san... I'm not going to abandon you because of your mistakes. And if you keep it all in... it'll be just like how I was when you showed up today. I refuse to let you fall into a state anything like mine... so tell me the truth. Not half-truths, not stretched truths, not vague truths. The truth. I'll listen. I'll help you pull yourself together."

Her voice had softened, gentled, but it was still firm in her resolve, sapphire eyes unflinchingly gazing into teal.

"Please... trust me enough to let me at least try to help."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Dokutoru sighed, Omoi really wasn't going to back away from this. It was more than he could bare to burden Omoi with his issues, or to even talk about what was happening to him, but he could tell his companion was far to invested in hearing the truth from him. Dokutoru couldn't remember the last time someone was so concerned about him.

"I don't have a great history with my clansmen. I've been exiled from my village for a couple years now." It began to pour out of the man, nearly immediately after Omoi had plead to him to say what was on his mind. "A while back, before I regenerated, I found one of them here in this plane of existence, out in the 'regular world', I guess. He was planning on creating a terrible weapon to wage war on the rest of the world, my people included. He did it all using my notes, the projects I had worked on that ultimately lead me to being exiled from my village. My notes were filled with things that should never be messed with in regards to time and space, and they had fallen into the hands of a crazy clansmen mine." He was a fool for having worked on such projects. Dokutoru tried to convince himself that it was the greater good, that could help people, but it lead to so much more harm than good.

"To stop him, I had to turn his weapon against him. It ripped him and the village he had corrupted with his madness into... Lord knows where. Time swallowed all of them, removing them from reality, from history. Only those who have traveled the time vortex could remember them. I did worse than kill them, Omoi, I made them never exist at all." Was it justified? Was it the right thing to do? For a man who seemed to be so against violence, the things he had done were scary. Omoi had seen it for herself before. "That's when I regenerated. And with it started these... I'm not even sure... nightmares. I see my clansmen when I'm sleeping, sometimes even when I'm awake, but he's not real. I know that. Ever since regeneration I haven't been totally right. After affects of the weapon I had used... regeneration issues... I don't know what it is. This is something more than I think anyone here can help me with, this is an issue I would need to see my people for." He was looking away from his companion now, his stomach still in knots. "Of course, there's no way I'm going back. I can't. I am learning how to cope, and that might just have to be enough."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:15 pm

For a moment, Omoi was remembering a huntress gone insane with loneliness, her species wiped from existence... before she finally died at Omoi's claws.

The next, sapphire eyes held a renewed intensity, watching her friend for a moment before she released his shoulders and gently took hold of his wrist, pulling him along as she opened the door that led deeper into the TASAM and walked into the long hallway of doors with him.

Her gaze swept the doors, she scented the air... before she looked back at her friend, her voice gentle.

"Take me to your library."

If he had any texts on his clan, especially if he had any medical texts... she might find a way to help.

There was no way in hell she wasn't going to even try.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Brushing off his brown suit, Dokutoru looked to his friend. Omoi was very caring but also quite abrasive. He was expecting some sort of backlash from the dragon. Not to say that she was going to yell or be terribly upset with him, but he was expecting the same sort of reaction that someone would get from a very concerned mother who found out their child had been hiding a harmful personal secret from them.

"My library?" Dokutoru looked up to the staircase leading to the back of the TASAM. It was there that hundreds of rooms were kept in "storage". One of them Dokutoru's own library... slash swimming pool.

"I think I know what you're getting at. There isn't any book or scroll or document on my... uh... 'condition'." Unless you count schizophrenia. Dokutoru hadn't a clue what that felt like, but something told him that wasn't quite it. "I have checked, believe me. You won't find any information on my people here, either. For protection. If someone aside from my people were able to get into the TASAM and find the library... that alone be a major issue. But if they knew of the civilization that built it, a way to get to the hidden time village, to operate the TASAM, or their studies on time-space techniques... well, it could be a disaster." He sighed, taking a few steps forward to the young woman. "If you still want a look, my information is fully open to you. There might be something on Gods in there too." Thinking back to the real matter at hand.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 am

After a few moments of still silence....

...Omoi turned and pulled his cheeks again out of sheer frustration.

"Do you not even have any medical texts?! Or even any knowledge you could volunteer! Dokutoru-san.... I've already nearly lost one friend to madness, but I saved him. Now I've lost Otoha!"

She was trembling, and she released his cheeks, only to hug him and bury her face in his shoulder.

"...I don't need to lose you, too."

Yes, sharing what had happened to her with Kurado-san had helped.

But it was just a temporary relief; she was still struggling with the pain of her wounds, and those would take time to heal....

If she hadn't kept her tear ducts draconic... she would have been crying all this time, just as she had done before Dokutoru-san showed up that day.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:11 pm

"Ow!" He involuntarily yelped again at his friend pulling at his face. He could very well understand her frustration, though. If the situation was reversed, Dokutoru could imagine he would also be fuming.

Taken aback, Dokutoru found himself soon embracing his friend back. She was a lot better at revealing her emotions than Dokutoru was. To be fair, she was holding back probably much more than he himself was.

"Oh, Omoi..." The man said, rubbing his hands along her back. He thought he was doing his companions a favor by keeping information from them, but instead it just seemed to be hurting them more. What would he Akiko began asking about his condition? If nothing else, his talk with Omoi showed him that not telling about his issues wasn't the best way to go about this.

"I promise, nothing will happen to me. I'm very clever, Omoi. I will figure something out, don't worry." Pulling Omoi away, he looked down at her tear-less eyes. "But I know I can come to you if things get bad. If I run into an issue that I can't handle, I'll find you." Hell, Dokutoru had already done it once. Without Omoi, Medusa would have likely ended Dokutoru's life. And the others he would have left after that.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Sapphire eyes met teal quietly for a long moment before she nodded, dropping the subject for now, though adding it to her mental list of projects, of which Kurado-san's burns had also recently been added....

Gently she took hold of his wrist again, leading him to the TASAM's door and opening it to walk out into a quiet bedroom. A small, private balcony gave a good view of the ocean and sky. Above a dresser was a chakra-based screen hanging in the air, displaying the time and date; Omoi glanced at it to get her bearings, finding it to still be an hour before dawn of the same night. A second door led to the bathroom, while they seemed to have come from the closet; her calculations had been right, thankfully. There were a few shelves along the walls, and a small table with two chairs was set up near the glass doors that led to the balcony. A simple metallic square was on the wall beside the closet, used for access to her castle's network. The blankets and other cloths were of Ryuujinscale, and the floor was hardwood.

She let go of his wrist then, turning to face him with a sight smile. "So... I've made a habit of making rooms in my castle for my friends. This one's yours, even if you don't use it for anything more than a way to enter the place from the TASAM. What'cha think?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Dokutoru smiled at his companion as she looked at him again with sad eyes. There was understanding though. It was hard for him, and Omoi knew that. But they both knew they were doing the best they could under the circumstances. With Omoi so worried about Dokutoru and so willing to help him, the time lord wondered how he ever obtained such a friend.

"Oh, wow." The man muttered as he exited the TASAM, right behind Omoi. He was curious as to where the TASAM had taken him, and it was back to her home where he had met her hours earlier.

"This is just lovely, Omoi." It was true, Dokutoru couldn't see himself using it for more than just a place to park his precious ship but... who knew. Maybe he would find himself sleeping here. One day, long in the future, Dokutoru would be going through another one of his regenerations and be quite old. Hundreds, or even longer, years old. Omoi would be gone, and Dokutoru would only have the room she had given to him as a solid memory. Maybe then he'd find himself sleeping there. As it stood, Dokutoru didn't even have his own bedroom in the TASAM.

He turned to her again, nodding his head and giving her a smirk. "Thank you." For the room, for everything. Three years ago, before being exiled from his village, he never would have thought he would find such good-natured people living in such a cruel world. All the more reason to do what he did, helping people. He could see why Kurado did it. It was one of the few things they say eye-to-eye on.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Omoi grinned before turning to the small metallic square set into the wall beside the open closet door, flowing some chakra into it and showing Dokutoru-san the screen that popped up after switching it out of her private controls to the guest-level controls and from draconic to the language they normally spoke. Listed was a simple menu, with the options of room manipulation, food, communication, library access, and a variety of other commands on the list, even down to something called "holographic designer". An exit button was in the top-right corner of the screen, which would be a simpler way to close it than her more intuitive, chakra-based approach.

"This is like... a control panel, I suppose. Just flow a little chakra into the metal and it'll grant you access to my castle's network, or just to redesign your room by adding furniture, removing it, changing colors or fabrics, and so on and so forth. And food or drink you call for using this will show up on that table by the window. It can also be used to contact anyone inside the castle. The bathroom controls are similar to this, as well, but require a proximity in order to let you use them. It... should be simple enough to use, I imagine. Not many have tried it other than myself."

A light focus of chakra to her fingers allowed her to grab the chakra screen and put it in midair before her friend so that he could learn it if he liked.

"What'cha think?"
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:09 pm

"Oh my." Dokutoru's eyes squinted as Omoi let the screen hover in mid-air. It was a lot to take in at once, even for the Kouinjoutei. Normally he was very scientific and clever, but this threw him for a loop. Mostly as it was such advanced technology, more than he had given Omoi credit for.

A bit rough at first, Dokutoru managed to grab the screen and pull it closer to him. It was only moments before he was rolling through the menu, throwing off other screens from it like "tabs" on a laptop internet browser, these separate tabs also sort of floating in mid-air.

"My TASAM has an internal system like this. I don't like it very much though. It's a little convoluted and... way more than I need in terms of utilities." And he threw out the manual to the TASAM. Not just because he didn't agree with it, or thought it was "stupid" like he mentioned before, but if the TASAM got into the wrong hands... if someone had that manual... it could be disastrous. He destroyed it for the good of the universe.

"How did you come across such technology, Omoi?" He looked to her now. It had never really crossed his mind before, but were all her people so intelligent? Dokutoru's people had considered it before but thought it was a silly idea... could Omoi's clan rival the Kouinjoutei in terms of their abilities? Alternate dimensions, unique physiology, extreme advances in technology. It wasn't that Dokutoru didn't trust his friend, but, any one clan with that much power... it threatened to disturb the balance of the universe. "Are all your people so... advanced?" He asked, clear concern in his tone.
Last edited by Oddric on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:29 am

Omoi paused in surprise with the first question only to laugh at the second.

"There's only two other people I know of that could possibly make anything of this level: Kiyoshi Arata and the puppet-wolf-man called Souzen, who was once the head of Research and Development in Kumo. I never got the chance to meet him, but Raika says his work was really advanced... he had chakra screens and chakra-based imaging, for one. As for how I created all this.... I just built it up from the basics, really. I didn't get many chances to study existing fuuinjutsu outside of books.... Honestly I haven't met many people I can talk to about the details and workings of some of my projects. Raika is alright for bouncing ideas off of, but she doesn't have all the working knowledge needed. It's the same in my studies of DNA--I can only think of one person actively working in the field, though he's rather dangerous, and one person who has likely studied it at some level."

She sat on the edge of the bed, sapphire eyes distant for a moment before once again looking at her time-travelling friend with a small smile.

"I wouldn't mind showing you some of my designs some time, but it'd be bad if you accidentally gave me knowledge not around in this time period, wouldn't it? Disrupting the passage of time and such, though I can't say I fully understand it in the first place.... Oh well."

She stretched her arms over her head and allowed herself to fall back on the bed, sapphire eyes closed as she listened to and scented her surroundings.

"Understanding time isn't really something I should worry about anyway, ne? If I try to, I might start getting ideas that would be better not to act on."
Raika

PreviousNext

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways