Free Time (Oddy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Re: Free Time (Oddy)

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 pm

"Just 'built up from the basics', huh?" Dokutoru scoffed, turning his head from the woman as she laid down in the bed. It was his bed, actually. He almost felt defensive. "You're a bloody genius. Some could say the same of me but... they're crazy. I don't work on things from the ground up. Not like you. I'm glad you're on the good side." He knew a few people who used their genius for terrible purposes. It was sad, such a waste of talent.

The bed creaked slightly as he sat on the edge of it. Sitting beside his lying friend. "It'll just be a big headache. Understanding time travel. Like if I tried making sense of your technology." He laughed, looking to Omoi. "You may not recognize it, but you see the universe in a different way now. The universe sees you in a different way, too. You've hopped through the time vortex so many times with me... you understand it a bit better than you think you do." The man winked at her.

"So, what do you think?" Dokutoru asked, after a few moments of precious silence. "Things to do, people to see... I imagine we both have a busy few months ahead of us. I'm not sure where this path of mine will be leading me." He pulled the situation back to the matter at hand. "Need a lift anywhere? As much as I hate saying goodbye..." His voice trailed off, lightly tapping his hands against his knees. Part of him wanted to stay, to just enjoy time with Omoi. Another part of him knew that this was just a fleeting moment.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Omoi smiled at his compliment, raised an eyebrow at his words on how she understood time more than she thought... and finally stared at the ceiling in silence when he spoke of leaving.

After a few moments, she closed her eyes, and her body twisted smoothly so that she was on her side, her arms catching around her friend's waist and knocking him to his side as well, she resting her forehead against his back.

The sudden increase in the heartbeats of his twin hearts and a tenseness of surprise in his muscles.

She remained silent, even as her chakra flowed into the air, slipping through the open door of the TASAM to erase her scent and all signs left of her presence in the machine. Then her chakra changed direction, silently, invisibly programming the air of the room to erase her scent from Dokutoru-san himself the moment she gave the signal.

Sapphire eyes half-opened, tired again, slipping back into their former blankness.

"...when you leave here... if you ever see Otoha.... Run away. Your last regeneration should keep him from recognizing you. If he does, and catches you, the last time we met was the time when we were stuck before the universe's creation... but even that might not keep you from a second death. Or more. Or something worse." Her arms gently pulled her friend closer, and her eyes closed again. "...I don't know what he'll do now, or what the limit will be. So you must avoid him at all costs. Alright?"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:12 pm

"Oi!" Caught off guard, and quickly overpowered by his physically stronger friend, he fell to his side. He knew her well though, more than most people he was comfortable with her. He could count on a single hand how many friends he had. Dokutoru cherished them all, Omoi included, dearly.

A chuckle came from Dokutoru. With a gentle push, Dokutoru moved away from his friend and sat up on "his" bed once more. Odd, he hadn't considered something his bed in such a long time. "You know how rash I can be, huh?" Hands on his knees, Dokutoru turned his head to look at his friend. "I'd like to say I would run, I would like promise I will run as fast as possible from Otoha. All I seem to do is run." Laughing again, Dokutoru let out a sigh. "Needless to say, I won't be sacrificing a life for no purpose. If I die, I'm finding a way to take that dark God with me. You have my word. No promises, but, I can promise that I won't be rash. Not with this situation."

Upon Omoi's acknowledgement to what he said, Dokutoru would stand up from the bed. Things were piling up on him recently, he had things to do. Conflicts to resolve. Lest he be given more burdens to carry and collapse.

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Sun May 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Sapphire eyes gazed up at her friend before she quietly nodded, pushing herself upright and standing up shortly after he had, gently pulling him into another hug.

"Stay safe and look after yourself, alright, Dokutoru-san? I'll see you later."

She released him then, giving him a small smile, before giving him a light push towards the open door of the TASAM and turning towards the door of the room itself, silently signalling the program to erase her scent from her time-travelling friend.

It was time to get back to looking after Kaitou-kun and living her life, after all.... She had a lot to do.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon May 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Dokutoru was quick to return the last hug. "Of course. I'm always safe! I'm always okay!" A bit of a lie, Omoi knew that too, but surely she also understood he said it for her comfort. Dokutoru meant well, and he never wanted his friends to suffer for any reason due to himself. It was why he kept so many secrets, why he never told those he cared about things going on in his life. He thought secrets would protect them, keep them safe. To hell with how Dokutoru was, all he wanted was for his friends to be okay. But, it seemed in turn, it all ended up hurting his friends anyway.

Click

The TASAM door shut. Running a hand through his dull blue hair, Dokutoru walked up the stairs to the raised platform of the TASAM. A few flicks and turns of knobs programmed the TASAM for its next destination. If he wanted to find information on this "God", where would he go? Otoha's home village seemed like an appropriate place to go. But, better yet, what if he went back. Way back. Back to when this "God" was formed. Kurokku doubted this beast was truly an immortal.

A tapping sound came from the other side of the TASAM. With a wicked grin, Dokutoru's taller, dead, clansman was smacking his fingers against the console. It was all a hallucination, it had to be, but it always felt so real.

Hand pulling down on a protruding lever, the TASAM groaned and shook as the closet near Omoi's proximity vanished. Dokutoru held onto the nearby railing as all the usual sounds of the traveling TASAM met his ears, plus the ever-subtle tapping hidden beneath. But to the time traveler who felt himself slipping, it was louder than the TASAM on its noisiest day.

[End]

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Previous

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways