Free Time (Oddy)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Free Time (Oddy)

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Still sleeping.

Sapphire eyes studied the slumbering man with his matter hair as he lay tucked in the bed, the quiet of night beyond the window, silver moonlight brightening the dark room. She looked to a chakra screen floating before her and deftly typed in notes, checked his vitals... and as a familiar shuddering sound reached her ears, she typed in various instructions before banishing the screen from view, rising smoothly from her chair to turn and enter the closet, closing the door behind her.

Bright lights narrowed her eyes for a moment, a cheerful voice greeting her before growing concerned at the tears flowing down her cheeks and her dulled gaze and emotionless expression, rings under her reddened eyes.... Omoi looked at her friend for a moment, studying him, before smoothly crossing the distance and wrapping her arms around the time-traveler, burying her face in his shoulder as she trembled ever so slightly.

But she kept it all hidden but that leak, kept it all buried within; Dokutoru-san might have many lives, but he was so fragile in the face of her claws and fangs if she lost it....

"...it's good to see you."
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

Re: Free Time (Oddy)

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Circling the main console of the TASAM, Dokutoru flipped switches and pulled levelers before coming to a stop before one of the few hanging screens and adjusted it slightly. "All right, Omoi." He whispered, looking into the screen while still adjusting it, his other hand reaching for one last lever. "Here I come."

Groaning and shaking, the TASAM took off. Dokutoru, attempting to stay balanced and not fall over, held onto the railing as the ship continued to rattle. While he usually was pretty good at staying upright during these trips, Dokutoru found himself unable to hold on and toppled over. "Aah!" He shouted, hitting the metal grated floor as he tumbled over to the stairs, putting out his foot against the railing to prevent himself from falling further down the stairs.

Just as the man let out a sigh of relief, he heard the sound of the creaking TASAM door. Forgetting that Omoi had a habit of coming right into the TASAM upon it materializing, Dokutoru quickly jumped up as she entered. His hands quickly brushed against his brown and partially buttoned suit.

"Omoi!" He grinned, opening his arms for a moment. Coming down the few stairs that lead the raised platform to the ground, his shoes clanked quietly against the metal steps. "How are you?" It was how he operated, Dokutoru. Barging in on his friends, even strangers, expecting them to drop whatever they were doing to come travel with him. Odd as it seemed, it never failed or backfired on him yet. After all, he did have a time machine.

Stopping in his tracks, Dokutoru's eyes glanced over the girl's face. "Are you all right, Omoi?" His tone fell as he noticed Omoi's state. He hadn't recalled seeing her like this before.

Embracing Omoi's hug, Dokutoru wrapped his arms around her as well. "Hey, hey... it's good to see you too." He said before kissing her head. "You seem incredibly troubled. What's wrong? I guess, better yet, what can I do to help?" The past couple of adventures they had had nearly resulted in something catastrophic. They managed to get out all right, but it was something that still bothered Dokutoru. But, Omoi was never reluctant to come along anyway. She was one of the few who Dokutoru came back for, who he kept in contact with. "It's not something I did, is it?"

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm

"You're not the only one I know, Dokutoru-san, stop expecting everything to be your fault.... Though I thought a time traveler such as yourself might already know. But you wouldn't have the full story unless you'd met someone who saw everything, would you...?"

Omoi sighed, her voice faintly muffled as she spoke into his shoulder.

"...Otoha went insane, controlled by some dark god of fate or something. Everything below my chest... bloody pulp. If Kiyoshi-san hadn't been nearby at the time, hadn't bothered to come and help... I'd be dead. And Otoha thought Raika could heal me when he did it, said I wouldn't die. Raika wouldn't be able to heal something that bad, just prolong my life for a little while longer, that's it...."

Her hands had tightly grasped onto his suit, fists of bunched fabric as she hugged him tightly.

"I've hopefully finally saved Kaitou-kun, at least, but how am I supposed to beat a god? And one controlling a body that can turn somebody to pulp in an instant, that uses lightning and light, that I might never be able to get close enough to to put a seal on or... or anything!"

Suddenly her fingernails were claws and teeth were fangs, and she quickly released her friend before she could hurt him, her tail forming to swish restlessly as she approached the TASAM's railing, subconsciously crushing the metal in her grasp as she scowled at nothing amidst her everflowing tears, fighting to control herself, only to release the railing and shift to a slightly-bigger-than-human-size draconic form, circling once on all fours before curling up and hiding her head beneath a wing, her tail still twitching.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Dokutoru twitched slightly at Omoi's first comment. It was true, wasn't it? The time traveler certainly did put a lot on his shoulders at times. More than he had to.

"I'm not omnipotent, Omoi." He gave a chuckle, before quieting and giving Omoi his full attention.

It's not like he could flip a switch somewhere, or watch someone in his mind. The Kouinjoutei had very amazing capabilities, but they were by no means Gods. Technically, Dokutoru could time travel and stalk people. See what exactly they were up to. But Dokutoru didn't do that... usually.

Stumbling back, Dokutoru's eyes widened as he saw his friend change shape and crunch part of the TASAM's railing. "Omoi!" The man called out, though not approaching the dragon in fear that she might lash back. Having her go on an outrage inside the TASAM would be... disastrous to say the least. Dokutoru didn't want to have to deal with something like that.

Otoha was a name he recognized, the boy that Omoi had romantically associated herself with. The other names... not as much. Dokutoru knew some of the more important people in villages at this period of time. Raika was certainly one.

"I know this is all hard to handle, Omoi. But, you must calm yourself." Dokutoru took a step forward now. If he was to talk to her, to try and help her with her issue, he would need to have her in a calm state of mind.

"A God? Are you sure? How could something like that happen? From what very little I know, Gods and demons very rarely trifle with mortals. My people are incredibly knowledgeable people, and they have almost no information on Gods." Some actually believed they didn't exist. "If you really are dealing with a God... well... that is very serious business. I imagine you've kept yourself busy lately with figuring out a way to stop it. Have you come up with anything?" This was strange territory for Dokutoru... and he had dealt with a lot as a ninety two-year-old time traveler.

"You have helped me on several occasions, you know. Several dangerous occasions. All without asking for anything in return." He leaned over a bit, tilting his head slightly to look at Omoi. "I owe you a lot. Whatever you need, Omoi, whatever I can do to help, I will do it."

"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:39 am

"I want to kill it," she growled. "It and it's twin for abandoning him to the other's jaws."

Her head was still hidden under her wing; if Dokutoru-san had seen her eyes in that moment, he would have become scared of her. She didn't want that.

She'd damaged part of the TASAM. Dokutoru-san's precious home. Why had she done that? Her home was lost, consumed by darkness....

She kept curling inward on herself, withdrawing as her tail stilled.

And then, slowly, her wing folded, revealing the same dull eyes she'd entered the machine with, her movements calm and lacking emotion as she rose, padding back over to the railing and lightly touching it with the tip of her muzzle, a subtle flow of Souton chakra reversing the damage, making the railing as good as new....

"...I don't know if it's really a god. It could be a demon, or a spirit, but it's still very powerful," she said blankly, calmly, dully, every trace of that raging storm of emotion locked away within.

The dragoness sat, raising her hand-like forepaws as she balanced smoothly, one turning palm up as the other made motions above as if shaping the air itself, an unnecessary movement, but... she felt like it. In her paw appeared a miniature set of black armor, highly detailed and somewhat demonic in design, though obviously made for a human.

"Have you ever seen armor like this before? From what I can tell, only those who are 'Blades of Fate', like Otoha, can form it from their chakra. A suit of strange materials... the ring I wear is of such material."

Her right, empty forepaw raised up for inspection, revealing a ring on her ring finger that was a band of odd material set with a cracked sapphire. Light had once danced within the jewel, but it had broken on the day her love was lost to the darkness....

"I know there are two great beasts that reign above the normal Blades, carried by a host: the Kinryu, the golden dragon, and the Kuroryu, the black dragon. Light and dark, good and evil, respectively.... Otoha hosted the Kinryu first, and my beloved was my light. Then the Kinryu abandoned him to the Kuroryu, and my light was taken away, buried in darkness.... We began the universe's creation, Medusa died at my scales, we've seen the dinosaurs and evaded their end.... I've created a pocket dimension for myself, and been to many other worlds with Kiyoshi-san as my guide. I have saved an Eta-naru in his final stages of madness and life from his clan's curse and given him back his sanity. I've saved lives, healed blindness and deafness, rid patients of illnesses others could not.... But I don't know how to beat the Kuroryu, or even begin to fight him. Especially not... not with him inside Otoha."

The small suit of armor crumbled and vanished into thin air, and her forepaws came back to a rest on the floor of the TASAM, silence reigning as she stared at the floor.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm

"Twin?" Dokutoru muttered, watching as Omoi had gone to fix the railing of the TASAM. The man hadn't a clue what he was going to do about repairing it, thankfully Omoi was able to. He might have just wiped the entire room and remodeled it. He could do for a change of pace with the old thing anyway.

Walking over to the sitting dragon, Dokutoru hunched over to look at the black armor. "No, I haven't seen anything like it. It doesn't look very friendly." He said, making note of the odd markings and detail of the chakra-born armor.

Straightening his back, Dokutoru listened to Omoi speak. "Other worlds...?" He whispered, his eyes moving from his companion and around the room. Who else was she traveling with?

Shaking his head to mentally return to Omoi, the man folded his arms across his chest. "Fighting Kuroryu seems like a useless endeavor, doesn't it? Especially if it is as strong as you say and if Otoha is the host for the... monster." What else was there to call the thing? Dragon, God, demon... monster worked just as well. "If we want a chance to stop it, we can't just use force." The "we" was intentional. As far as Dokutoru was concerned, this was his problem too.

Bringing one of his arms from his chest, Dokutoru bit his thumb. "If that suit you showed me is at all connected to the Kuroryu. Maybe we can use that ring of yours to try something and beat this monster. I don't know... I'm not very good with this Gods and demons stuff. The last time I messed with that was when I tried to stop the Rokubi from destroying Kiri, and that... uh... never mind." Sour issue with the time traveler. It was the whole reason he was exiled from his village.

"I do know someone who might be able to help, though. An expert on the supernatural and in fuuinjutsu dealing with demons. His name is Kurado Akido, you may have heard of him. He lives in Yukigakure." Dokutoru quit chewing on his digit and looked up to Omoi. "Of course, this is all totally up to you. Like I said, I'm only here to help you, Omoi."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

The dragoness stiffened for a moment as his suggestion of using the ring before she forced herself to relax, listening in silence to her friend.

"My ring.... I won't allow it to be harmed. Nor will I give it to anyone. Enemies in the past tried to take it before, unknowingly, and they... didn't have a pleasant end." Sapphire eyes were oddly sharp for a moment before they dulled again. "Otoha gave it to me for my nineteenth birthday. Originally light was sealed into the sapphire, but when the Kinryu left him to the Kuroryu, the gem cracked and the light vanished." Her right paw curled into a fist as her left paw protectively covered the ring, drawing it close to her heart as if she were in prayer.

"Kurado Akido of Yuki.... I remember that Raika talked to him at the Ball that you and Otoha met at. I remember he smelled of foxes...." Her eyes half-closed for a moment in thought before she refocused on Dokutoru-san. "...asking his opinion would likely help. However, I'd rather talk to him in my current... "now", I guess you would call it? I'd rather not allow my timeline to grow as jumbled as yours likely is and have to worry about what has and hasn't happened yet."

This brought a dry chuckle to the dragoness's muzzle, a brief show of emotion that passed like ripples atop a still pool.

"...and... you were worried when I said I'd been to other worlds. A couple I've fallen into by accident in the past, but the majority, now, I was brought there by Kiyoshi Arata. Apparently he's lived for... over a hundred years, I think he said? Some variety of medical technique halted his physical growth to keep him in is prime, I imagine. But his home has doors into a variety of different dimensions, I'm honestly not sure how many. He follows the rules of each world while we're there, though, and had me do the same." She shrugged before rising to her paws, padding by her friend and up the stairs.

"By the way, Dokutoru-san. How'd you manage to fall down the stairs when you've been in the TASAM for so long?"

It was a light tease called over her shoulder, and for a moment, the dragoness was almost her self again.

Just for a moment.
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:42 pm

"Of course." Dokutoru nodded. Talking to Kurado in the past or future would just cause a mess. More often than not, the man liked dealing with situations in the present. He knew all too well the trouble that time travel could cause. He was careful, very careful, to keep "the flow" of everything stable. But sometimes it just wasn't enough.

Clicking his tongue, Dokutoru rose an eyebrow at Omoi's explanation of Kiyoshi. "Quite an interesting home he has." There a tone of suspicion, and maybe a pinch of jealousy. Dokutoru hated being upstaged or outdone in any manner. It was an issue he carried with him, even in his first incarnation.

"Wha--" The dull-haired man pointed a finger at Omoi as she moved up the stairs. "Hey, not all of us are lucky to have four legs!" He quickly responded, following the dragon. "I would blame it on the poor steering of my body... but... perhaps it's time I just admit I have terrible balance." Rubbing his neck, Dokutoru circled the central console system.

With a few flicks of his wrist, Dokutoru was half-consciously setting up the TASAM for its trip. "So, we're off to see this Kurado, are we? I can't promise he'll have a good answer for us, but it's better than anything I could come up with." He stopped, a hand on the final lever. "I heard he can be a bit of a... grump, though. Hope you're ready for that."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:43 pm

"Dokutoru-san, I've dealt with people of a wide variety of temperaments.... I doubt a 'grump' would give me much trouble. Besides, he smelled less grumpy and more... uncomfortable around others." The dragoness yawned briefly, sitting down beside her friend as he worked the controls of the TASAM, sapphire eyes still blank and dull.

"Yuki is known to be colder than Kumo, however.... Will you be alright in the temperatures if we go outside? Especially since it's night time...."

She studied her companion quietly, the tip of her muzzle lightly nudging the scarf he wore around his neck before looking at the rest of his clothing. It all seemed a bit too... light.

"I can make you an extra jacket or something...."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:12 am

Dokutoru smirked, looking down at his companion as he tightened his grip on the final lever that separated them from Yuki. "I'm quite all right, Omoi. Don't worry about me." Though when they actually arrived at Yuki, it very well might turn into a different story.

As the lever was pulled down, Dokutoru stumbled back against the railing as the traveling ship shook and the orange glow from the central column of the TASAM pumped up and down. Nothing new to the time traveler, but he kept both hands on the railing behind him this time. He didn't want to mocked for his lack of stability again.

"Phew... okay!" Dashing past the knobs and dials of the TASAM and down the stairs, Dokutoru quickly slowed to a walk as he approached the twin doors of the TASAM. Raising his left hand he snapped his fingers, causing the doors to swing open a smile to spread across his face. Looking back to the central column of his ship, he could have sworn, for a moment, there was a glow of green mixed with all of the bright orange energy.

Eyes glancing around the very new setting, Dokutoru stepped out of the wardrobe-disguised TASAM and into a cluttered apartment. Papers and scrolls were tossed around the current room they were in, a lot of it covered the single couch. On the wall, just above a lit fireplace, were dozens of newspaper articles, maps with pins in them on certain locations, and strange writings. Several seals and sigils took up space on the ceiling and on empty spaces of the wall and floor-- some of the drawings didn't even appear to be fuuinjutsu.

"Whoa. This must be the fox man's place." Dokutoru fiddled with his hands, appearing to be a bit uneasy. "You think for one of Yuki's finest he could afford a bigger house." He was a bit claustrophobic.

Turning to Omoi he rubbed his hairless cheek. "I think it might be a good idea if I park my TASAM somewhere else. Coming right into his home like this might be a--" Suddenly, Dokutoru's head shot to a glowing seal on the wall to the right of them. Before he could react properly, a puff of white smoke brought out several chains that launched themselves at Omoi and Dokutoru, aiming to bind the two tightly. "Move!" He shouted, throwing himself away from the incoming chains and into the couch and a small pile of scrolls.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" From one of the few corners of the room came a man of six feet in height with light red scarring on the right side of his face and visible on his right hand and forearm that were not covered by the brown fox-fur cloak he had draped over himself. In his left hand was a sword that Kurado held accusingly at Dokutoru; in the burn-born scarred hand an orb of fire was suddenly produced, no hand signs formed before the fact either. "How did you get in here?!" His eyes moved from Dokutoru to Omoi.

Pushing away the scrolls that had bounced onto his lap, Dokutoru stood up from the couch and brought his open hands to chest level. "Look I... I miscalculated where me and my friend here were going to end up. We were supposed to land outside and then come knock on your door, but... uh..." Kurado's eyebrows lowered, his patience was thinning fast and he thought Dokutoru was a total loon. Which, wasn't exactly too far from the truth. "My friend has a serious issue." Kurokku Kouinjoutei blurted, changing the subject. "Some sort of an evil God has possessed her lover." Pity was evident in Kurado's eyes. "A very powerful one. You were the only one we could think of coming to for help. Please."

"Gods are all very powerful." The cloaked man slightly lowered his sword, the fire in his palm seeping into the scarring on his hand. His brown eyes moved to Omoi. "Omoi? Omoi Ryuujin?"

"Oh, good!" Dokutoru clapped his hands together, looking to Omoi and then back at the Yuki-nin. "Already acquainted, then?"

The man let his arm drop to his side, the tip of his sword almost touching the floor. "Not really. We have a bit of a dragon problem in the Snow Country right now. I did some investigating to see if the Ryuujin were in anyway involved, since Omoi here was on the cruise ship that exploded just weeks before the sudden swarm of dragons rose from the ice and attacked Yuki." Kurado tilted his head up slightly as he examined over Omoi. "And then I dug a little deeper to see if there was some easy way to kill a dragon. This pest problem we have in the Land of Snow isn't going away."

Dokutoru opened his mouth slightly to say something, but then stopped, turning slightly toward his companion and then back to Kurado again. "Oh. Well..." He wrung his hands, feeling uncomfortable once again at Kurado's seemingly racist tone of voice.

Something about Kurado made Dokutoru feel unsettled in a way that no one else really had before. Not any villain or monster or person. Kurado was a bit off putting, perhaps? Dokutoru couldn't quite pinpoint it.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 pm

She had shifted back to her human form before they departed the TASAM, lowering her head so that hair obscured her eyes and face to prevent the resumed flow of tears from being easily seen....

An apartment, scented of Kurado-san and foxes, littered with scrolls and drawings of fuuinjutsu and... things that she was unsure what they were.

The chain trap was smoothly evaded and played with, hands and feet hitting the chains as the lashed out while she stayed just within reach, her back to Kurado-san as he came out of his hiding spot.

And when the two men had finished speaking, she backed out of the range of the chains, pausing for a moment before she lifted her head and looked to the Yuki nin, revealing the ever-flowing tears, the reddened, somewhat puffy eyes, the dark rings beneath, the dull, blank look in her gaze and her emotionless expression....

"So... by your logic, I should blame the entirety of the human species for the ills done to me by mere groups and individuals? That's rather funny, especially given the fact that I and my kinsman helped evacuate the civilians to safety that day." She lightly crossed the distance to the man, sapphire eyes quietly studying the burn scars for a moment.... "Raika had worried that you might have been injured then... looks like she was right. Might be able to heal that for you, but... I bet you keep them as a reminder of that day, blaming yourself for not being able to stop the attack, since you had your foxes all over the place." Omoi turned away again, wandering to one of the walls to study a drawing of some sort upon it. "I'd intended to come see if I could help, partially out of curiousity about the ancients, but when I finally had a chance at the last Ball, everything seemed normal, though enough happened there to pull my attention away from seeking them out. If you can uncover and learn their language, you may be able to reason with them.... Unless they take on the view of all humans being their enemies, of course. That'd be quite a pity; they might even view me as an enemy, since I tend to get along with humans. My beloved was originally a human, though when his bloodline awakened he became more of... some variety of hybrid, I suppose? Though there are many clans like that out there." She was rambling now, and she knew it. And all in a calm, emotionless voice....

"...I hope you'll forgive me. I haven't been myself in... a long time now? A short time? Short time in terms of world time, long time in terms of time I've experienced... or something like that. It's amazing how you manage to keep track, Dokutoru-san. By the way, this was just a space transfer, or close enough, right? The best way to tell Kurado-san everything would require us all back in my pocket dimension.... We can leave our ride here for now, we'll have to come back this way to return him to his apartment, after all." Omoi turned to look at Kurado-san. "Hate me for my species, distrust me for it, it doesn't matter. Raika would've trusted you in this, and so shall I. You will come to no harm in my home unless you seek it; there will be places where you cannot trespass, and they are set up with defenses, much like you have traps in your own home... but the ones I placed are for protection, either for one I care for or to prevent anyone curious from getting themselves killed. Will you come? Words alone may not be enough to properly describe everything...."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Kurado sighed. He could tell he had struck a nerve with the dragon girl, it wasn't his intention. It was more so that he was annoyed with himself that he had given off the wrong impression than sorry that his tone had come off as potentially racist. Perhaps a part of Kurado really did have a sort of hatred for any dragon-related creature, but that wasn't something he wanted to express to other people.

"The burns are a part of me now. For what I let happen that day..." His voice trailed and his eyes fell to the floor before looking back up at Omoi. "It would take more than advanced medical ninjutsu to heal my wounds. I let the flames from the explosion soak into my body, the flames attacked and imbued themselves into my chakra system. It's a spiritual burn, if it helps to think of it like that. If I hadn't, I likely would have died." Sometimes he wondered if he should have just let it kill him.

Leaning into Omoi as she walked, Dokutoru whispered at the girl. "Omoi, don't mention time travel or the TASAM. The less he knows, the better. The wardrobe the TASAM disguised itself as, it actually replaced Kurado's real wardrobe. For the time being, anyway," he said quickly and with a hiss.

A raised eyebrow, Kurado sheathed his kistune blade into its holster along his waist underneath his cloak. "Ride? Pocket dimension? Hold on--" He paused as Omoi turned to look at him.

Closing his eyes, Dokutoru brought a hand up to his face as the conversation continued.

"I mean no harm to you or your people, Omoi." Kurado reassured, still flustered by the strange terms she had just been using. "But, I have already done my research on dragons in Kumo. Unfortunately, I found nothing of use. It seems like these dragons here are of a totally different breed than your people."

"Let's be clear, here." Kurado said, after Omoi's offer. "I will not be lectured to in my own home after two trespassers seemingly just waltzed in here." Now the demon hunter looked to Dokutoru. "Something isn't normal here. Perhaps particularly with you. Call it instincts." Dokutoru met Kurado's gaze. "So what the hell is going on? God problem or not, I can't say I've had much luck with trusting strangers."

A frown came over Dokutoru's lips, this was going far less smoothly than he had imagined. Normally he had no problem getting the trust of total strangers. Hell, that's how he befriended Omoi. Kurado was certainly cut from a different piece of cloth than most people. Whatever it was that Kurado had been through in his life had not been very kind to him.

"I am an expert at fuuinjutsu, Kurado." The time traveler took a step forward, rubbing his hands together. "It's taken me a while to master, but spacial fuuinjutsu is a bit of a specialty to me. I was able to manipulate space through fuuinjutsu to end up here in your... uh... home." He paused to look around, it certainly wasn't much of a home. "All the fuuinjutsu in your apartment is very much like a magnet to someone of my particular skill set." While not a total blatant lie, there was much of the truth that Dokutoru was stretching and leaving out. "My name is Dokutoru."

Looking over the shorter man, Kurado hummed quietly. "And here I thought this was all keeping me safe. That's interesting. Spacial fuuinjutsu." Black hair swayed as he turned to Omoi. "If I was to 'go with you', where would I be going? This pocket dimension of yours? You'll have to forgive me if I'm not a little bit suspicious. The last dimensional manipulating being I came across tried to kill me."

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Omoi smiled dryly, a brief flicker of dark humor in her eyes.

"The second one I met tried to kill me, too. Though I never found the being controlling the dimension before I escaped."

And then the smile was gone, eyes darkening at bittersweet memories before they blanked again.

"...yes. Coming with me would mean coming to my pocket dimension. And I have seen no reason to bring ill will towards you or any other shinobi of your village. Especially... especially if you can find a way to save him." Her voice quieted then, and she turned back to gaze upon the myriad drawings and seals, her left thumb gently stroking the ring on her right hand....

"...Kurado-san.... I'm sorry for my earlier outburst. You hadn't meant it that way, and the words had already left my mouth before I understood that. I am unstable, and just waiting for an old friend to awaken so that he may calm me, help me pick up the pieces. If I can save my beloved... if I can just see his true smile again, untwisted by darkness.... I will do whatever is necessary to achieve that, whether you help me or not. I have already saved the unsaveable once before, but even then I had help, bits and pieces of knowledge gained from friends trying to help me or pursuing the same goal. The medical arts, my phasing capabilities, fuuinjutsu.... And yet, this time, only one of those is likely to help. I have never tread the studies of spirits and demons, though I have known jinchuuriki and have kin that study the ways of spirits.... I would start from little to nothing, and I know it is a dangerous path. I intend to kill a 'god' of chaos and evil, or at the very least release its grip on my beloved. Yet I still know that I do not have nothing to lose." Dull sapphire eyes turned to Dokutoru-san then, meeting his worried gaze. "Even with my world shattering around me, there remain those that care. I do not intend to die in this quest."

At last, she turned again to the man she sought help from, quietly meeting his gaze.

"Please.... I need your help, Kurado-san. I swear by my love's life that you will come to no harm, and the lives of all I hold dear, and by the Heart of Kumo itself that has been ingrained into me since I joined that village, whether it still physically exists or not. In my castle I may not only tell you of what has happened, but show you, so that you may be given a better understanding."
Raika

PostPosted by Oddric » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 pm

The time traveler's worried expression cracked and formed a smile as Omoi looked toward him. Had the conditions been better, Dokutoru might have mirrored her feelings and let her know how much she meant to him. He had always been bad at that, letting his companions know how lost he would be without them. Omoi and Akiko Megami, especially. Instead, he took them on life-threatening adventures that not always turned out for the better. He always meant well, though.

Eyes slightly squinting as his mind wrapped around what Omoi had explained, Kurado nodded his head. "Yes, okay." He said, agreeing to the duo's request.

While the demon hunter's answer was a simple "yes", Omoi's words really struck at his core. He knew what it felt to be so hopelessly lost, especially at the hands of darkness. Not only had he experienced it, but most of his natural life Kurado had helped people just like Omoi. Sure, their situations were all a little different, but ultimately they needed serious help. Help that only Kurado could provide, and that certainly said something about the good within the emotionally distant man. Beneath his cloak and cold exterior, Kurado was a genuine, selfless, sacrificing human being. A hero. If you asked him about that, he'd tell you he was a no hero. He was a lot harder on himself than he should have been.

"I'll go, Omoi. Dokutoru." Brown eyes looked to both of them. "You will have to explain the whole situation, and answer any question I have, though. If we are dealing with a God, I need all the details I can."

The time traveler let out an inaudible sigh upon Kurado's agreement. "Thank you, Kurado."

"I don't like being lied to, Dokutoru." Kurado said, eyes on Dokutoru now.

"What--"

"However you got here, whatever you did, I suppose that's not the problem at hand. I trust Omoi, and she needs help, and you're a good man for bringing her to me. Whatever you're keeping from me, fine. Just don't take me for a fool. I'm putting a lot of trust into you two." Back to Omoi now, Kurado nodded. He was ready for whatever kind of dimension-hopping trick she was about to pull.

Dokutoru opened his mouth to speak, but soon found himself stopping. Not even a nod of his head to signify that he understood, Dokutoru broke eye contact and glanced about at the papers spread out along the floor. He hated being showed up, but, perhaps it was well deserved.

-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:03 am

"Dokutoru-san's quite harmless, secrets or not. He's more likely to get himself killed than hurt anyone."

Her words were a mixture of bluntness and a light tease, dull sapphire eyes glancing at her friend for a moment before gently ruffling his hair, only to turn and form handsigns, a pitch black door-sized portal forming in the room almost like a hole in the world itself.

And so she passed through, from the small apartment into moonlight. What awaited her was a grassy, flowered clearing in the middle of a thick forest. Dull sapphire eyes gazed up at a sky littered with stars, much like the beauty of that prehistoric sky she had once seen with Dokutoru-san....

Mere moments after her two companions had joined her, the portal vanished behind them, and Omoi led the way down a cobble path through the forest, branches grown over in an arch, stone benches here and there along the way, flowers lining the edges of the path....

And then they had exited the forest, and a great hill rose before them, the path climbing its way up to a great white castle. To the right of the path was a fruit orchard; to the left, a cove and its sandy beach.

An above-average-sized, three-headed black wolf bounded over to her then, a firm glance leading the creature to skid to a halt rather than continue their usual greeting. Warm tongues licked at salty tears, and sapphire eyes softened for a moment, gently scratching behind the ears of two of the heads before planting a light kiss on the forehead of the center head, eliciting a soft whine from the creature before she shooed it away, three pairs of blue eyes looking first at her and then towards her companions--tail wagging when it saw Dokutoru-san--before bounding away towards the cove.

Omoi continued onwards to the castle quietly, even as a gentle breeze blew a cloud of smoke their way, the smoke taking form atop her shoulders as a white fox, red eyes watching the newcomers warily... especially Kurado-san. And after a few moments, it changed back into smoke, floating away with the wind.

"As soon as we reach the great room we'll begin. However, I should warn you.... The means to show you will involve projecting my memories. I haven't quite managed to adjust the system to prevent emotional feedback." She looked over her shoulder then at her companions, her dull eyes apologetic, her ever-streaming tears unending. Her voice was soft, gentle, quiet, as she continued, "Dokutoru-san... that's why I'd rather you wait away from the memory projection's area of effect. I don't want to expose anyone to this mess if I can avoid it. Kurado-san.... This is the only way I will be able to guarantee that you will know everything I do of the Kuroryu's takeover of my beloved. I am truly sorry. If you wish to try another method, we can."
Raika

Next

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways