Adjusting (Raika)

The open land between civilization. Deserts, forests, volcanoes, canyons, rivers, rails. Have a good journey.

Adjusting (Raika)

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Kiyoshi opened his eyes, looking down at Midori, who had been tucked into bed some time last night, before he forced himself to sleep. He works his hand free of hers, making sure to not wake up her, then quietly exits the room, going downstairs and opening the fridge, staring into it for a moment while he thinks of what he could make. After a moment of thought, he pulls out some eggs, grabbing a pan from under the counter too, placing it on the stove top. He works for a few minutes and soon he had the eggs in the pan, cooking them. His attention shifts upwards, sensing that Midori was awake, smiling a bit to himself, he continues with the cooking, finishing up rather quickly. After Kiyoshi set the eggs on the table, he heads for the stairs.

A moment later he was at Midori's door, opening it without making a sound, stepping inside. "Midori, dear, I made breakfast. Come down when you're ready."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

Re: Adjusting (Raika)

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Blue eyes met blue as the young girl froze, yesterday's clothes in a pile on the floor and she half-reaching for clothes neatly laid out on her bed.

The stillness lasted but a moment.

"Eek!"

A flurry of movement and cloth was the only sign of the girl diving under the covers, new clothing spilling onto the floor in her haste, only to have her pop back up, blanket held to cover her chest with one hand as the other smoothly launched a pillow at her new father's face, a sharp, practiced reflex.

Midori's face was crimson as she recovered herself enough to splutter out, "P-p-p-papa, don't you know to knock?!"
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Kiyoshi catches the pillow easily, giving her a confused look before figuring out why she seemed so embarrassed. He walks over to where she was, dropping the pillow at the foot of the bed before sitting down beside her, looking her in the eyes.

"Midori, I'm sure that they were right in telling you not to let males see you like this, but I'm your father, so it's okay if I do. Plus since we are living together this might happen a lot, we can't have you getting embarrassed every time it happens. Not to mention that you'll be like this when I give you your checkups, I'm a doctor, so I'll be the one doing them. Now give me a hug before getting dressed and going down for breakfast, okay?" He opens his arms for her, giving her a loving smile, waiting for her to give him a hug.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 pm

After a few moments of hesitation, the green-haired girl burrowed under the covers, becoming a lump under the blanket before she hugged her papa, not quite willing to make such a sudden change yet....
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:15 am

Kiyoshi wraps his arms around her, shifting to a more comfortable position, his smile replaced by a frown. He sighs to himself, then kisses Midori on the top of her head, giving her a small squeeze. "I understand Midori, but I'm a bit disappointed that you don't trust me enough to believe me. It's okay though, I'll give you all the time you need to decide and I'm sure you'll pick what's best for you, as you should. Now let me go so I can leave, you need to finish what you were doing after all, and me being here stops that."

Kiyoshi gives her another kiss on the top of her head, followed by a squeeze, then stands up and heads for the door, only looking back at her once, his eyes filled with sadness. He heads for the stairs, going to finish setting breakfast up.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 am

The girl was still, biting her lip hard enough for a bead of red to form, torn between two homes and teachings.

He was nearly at the top step before she flung her arms around his waist in a hug, hiding her crimson face in his lower back, the air chill against her bare skin. She mumbled a 'Love you, Papa' before darting back into her room and closing the door to get dressed.
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Kiyoshi smiles as he feels her arms around his waist. He pats her hand lightly, returning her words, then turns slightly to watch the door closed. He shakes his head slightly, then heads downstairs and finishes setting the table before sitting down and waiting for Midori.
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:33 am

And so it was that Midori quickly dressed, retrieved her beloved plush Inu-kun, and headed downstairs for breakfast with her papa.

And there was much rejoicing.

Careful, deft fingers wove flower after flower into a lovely crown, much like the ones nestled atop green hair and blue plush, but a bit bigger....

Midori kneeled in the field of flowers in the warm sunlight, Inu-kun resting in her lap as she picked new flowers to add to the crown, finally smiling brightly and raising it up to the blue sky to marvel at it in the light.

"Finished!"

The girl leapt up, brushed off her skirt, and ran back to the house, Inu-kun held close in one arm and the crown held in her free hand, quickly finding her papa and presenting the flower crown to him with a bright smile.

"This one's yours, Papa!"
Raika

PostPosted by Kiyoshi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Kiyoshi turns from what he is doing and smiles at Midori. "Thank you Midori, it's a very nice gift." He then accepts the crown, staring at it before slowly putting it on his head. Kiyoshi goes to motion for her to take a seat, then stops, remembering that he still only has one chair out here. Kiyoshi shakes his head, adding that to his mental to-do list, then easily puts Midori onto his lap, giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"So Midori, if I remember correctly, you told me how you were offered to be trained in sealing. Well, I can get you a really good teacher, so do you want to learn how? I won't lie, it'll be hard, and you will have other studies you'll have to put time into. I won't have any daughter of mine to only have one choice as to what she wants to do."
Kiyoshi
General Kiyo Jackassery

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:30 am

"Mmm...."

Little Midori stared hard downwards at Inu-kun in her lap, chewing her lip for a moment in thought... before she looked to her papa in complete seriousness and nodded, soon breaking out into giggles and smiles.

"Yeah! It sounds like fun."
Raika

Return to Rails, Roadways, and Waterways