Setting Sun (Ryuuchi)

The many towns and cities tucked in the crevices of the world, uncontrolled by any formal power. Some are friendly. Others, not so much.

Re: Setting Sun (Ryuuchi)

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:46 pm

He ignored her, she seemed to be an anchor, an object or character usually introduced into dreams and illusions to keep the victim from realizing it's a dream and often used in such a way that the victim wouldn't even want to leave the dream. He knew the trick well, all too well as he used that very same trick many times over the years and it had been used on him plenty...and it worked more often than he cared to admit at first.

"Let's see..."

He made a string of handseals and ended with the ram seal, murmuring the word Kai, yet nothing happened.

"So my hands are either bound or it's something else...maybe this..."

His index and middle finger turn black on the right hand and without a shred of hesitation he jabs the fingers through his left palm. Pain cause by an illusion doesn't break it but pain caused by himself often has an effect unless the illusion is specially tailored to ignore it like many of his genjutsu do. But nothing happened yet again.
He removed the fingers and the blood started spilling on the floor, not that he cared though, if his hands were bound then in reality he wouldn't even be hurt and even if he were, pain wasn't really an issue.

His eyes shifted back to Raika, the anchor and a smile formed on his face.

"That's cute, changing the anchor so soon."

What he saw was not Raika, but Maya.

Ryuuchi
I like your pretty, easily broken, face. >:D

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:56 pm

He'd formed a handseal she knew all too well; did he think it was a genjutsu now?

But then--

"Oi!"

She was at his side in an instant, hands glowing green as she gently held his wounded hand, mending the injury as his blood seeped through her fingers.

"Idiot.... You already get hurt enough, I don't need you hurting yourself!"

Fierce brown eyes snapped up to crimson, a mix of anger and hurt within despite his smile.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Seeing his daughter touch his wound brought out feelings quite contrary to the norm, usually her touch would have been warm and nice as there was nobody in the world he loved more than his daughter, but knowing it was all in his hand made him hate that contact, enough to snap his hand away from her.

"You know, I keep having these nasty thoughts in my head...I wonder if I put them to good use on the anchor then you'll feel it as well."

Almost immediately his injured hand grabbed a hold of Maya's throat and lifted her off the ground, blood dripping down her neck and chest.

"You really think that putting on my daughter's face will stop me? Go ahead...I've done horrible things to people, this might not work but it'll both feel good for me and you might feel a bit of it...Chiyoko."

The hand applied even more pressure, pain shot through his arm but it was so easily disregarded that he didn't even acknowledged. And then the vision before his eyes changed as Maya turned into a demonic version of Chiyoko that began hissing at him and clawing at his arm.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Chiyoko.

If Raika ever met the woman, she'd put her through hell herself.

But right now, she needed to focus on making sure her beloved didn't do anything he would really regret later.

Raika tensed her neck, her eyes locked on crimson as she dug her fingers under his, leaving shallow gashes of crimson in her skin as she pulled just enough to relieve the pressure, medical chakra still flowing to heal his injury even as she ignored her own, silent tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Ryuuchi... remember our first kiss? I'm still sorry I ran away.... I was scared after my last love. But... you made me promise not to hide myself around you, too. And then that time you found the sake in my kitchen, and I was drunk in no time at all and in your lap. You tried to carry me to bed so I could sleep it off, and that time I kissed you on my own... and Maya freaked out when she saw us, going off at you 'cause she thought you were taking advantage of me," she managed, her voice strained, a small laugh escaping her lips at the memory, only to grunt as she had to put more effort into keeping him from crushing her throat. She could escape at any time, but if she did, things might get even worse.

"Do you remember when I confessed, love? We were in that little restaurant, right across from the hospital, and I started giggling when I found out that you'd been the black-eyed personality who'd found me interesting the day we first met. You went bright red, and when I finally stopped laughing and saw your expression.... I couldn't help but smile, and I whispered it to you then, hiding my mouth so that no one around us could see. 'I love you, Ryuuchi'. And I still do. So please... snap out of it...."

She sobbed, the mending of his wound finished, the medical chakra fading away.

"I'm not Chiyoko! I'M RAIKA!"
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:16 pm

What he saw and what she was doing to his wound were two completely different things. Instead of a soothing and gentle healing glow that was supposed to envelop and treat his wound, he could only see a black oozing substance going from her hand and into his wound creating even more pain, so much so that it became difficult to ignore but not quite so unbearable that he had to let go.

"That's right, you enjoy it don't you!? You love pain and violence but used the excuse that it wasn't you doing those things to think better about yourself! You were watching it all and didn't do anything not because you couldn't but because you didn't want to, you were too busy enjoying the show! Just like when you first took me underground and raped me, just like when you took those that trusted and worship you and made them into living batteries for your new toy, just like when you tore my body apart as you modified it, just like when used the excuse of teaching me to punish Zenkichi for getting too close! You enjoy it all, all those tortures and mind games you put people through! You were so enthralled by the show that you didn't even want to leave the screen!"

Her words were like poison, he couldn't hear the real loving speech leaving her lips but instead heard a dark and painful one, telling of memories he forced himself to forget, or at least tried. It was true, he didn't want to admit it but just remembering all the torture and death that Drake and his other self put people through didn't feel wrong, in fact it all felt quite right yet he wanted to deny it all, because in the back of his mind he believed that liking it made it wrong.

"But then you suddenly thought it was wrong, that what you felt was not right and to prove it you came out of that shell inside your mind. But what happened to your little army of freaks during those years to suddenly stopped all your evil activities? Did it not slowly diminish in size? Didn't the people in the area keep disappearing? Oh but of course you don't remember that do you? Or is it that you don't want to remember?"

His grip loosened and he released her neck, stumbling back a few steps and putting his hands up to his face.

"Not acknowledging something doesn't make it any less true!"

"Enough! You're not real! You're playing mind games on me! I am the one that messes with other people's heads! I know every trick in the book! don't you think for a second that you can fool me!"

His hand turned black and he charged forward, aiming to stab it right through the woman before him...Raika, Maya, Chiyoko...it didn't matter because she wasn't real.

Ryuuchi

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:27 pm

For a moment, she thought she had finally managed to get through to him, as he released her and stumbled back.

But his words extinguished that hope, and she met him halfway, one hand guiding his claws away from her body while the other covered his eyes, the collision of their bodies stopping their momentum as her lips found his, feeding him a taste of her chakra in one last desperate attempt, tears still flowing from her closed eyes.

If she couldn't bring him back to his senses this way... she'd have to try to knock him unconscious, for both their sakes.

Please... remember me, love. Will you mistake my chakra for hers, too? Can't I reach you? Can't I protect you, like I promised...?
Raika

PostPosted by Ryuuchi » Sat May 18, 2013 11:58 pm

He recognized that extremely sweet and addicting "taste" of the energy that flowed into him through his mouth, it was an unmistakable taste that he tasted once before during a very intimate moment between the two of them and one that he would never forget. But as he started tasting it his instincts took over, his arm wrapped around her thin waist and he pushed her closer to him while the other arm moved up so his hand could keep her head in place. To an outsider they would look like a couple sharing a deep and romantic kiss in the dead of the night but in truth he was draining Raika of her energy, "drinking" it like a highly addictive drug his body seemed to crave.

It was only when her weakening body moved to try and push him away before it was too late, when her palms pressed against his chest so hard he could feel her nails nearly breaking his tough skin, that he finally came to his senses and pushed himself and her away. Raika fell back onto the bed while he stumbled back and only stopped when his back hit the wall, sweat running down his face as he looked down at the same hands that held her so aggressively mere moments before. Words tried to cross his lips but only a few unrecognizable sounds came out instead. His eyes quickly shifted to the side along with his head to see how she was and he saw her staring back at him, her head just slightly lifted from the bed sheets and then he panicked, he panicked the moment he saw the expression on her face and the feelings clearly visible in her eyes.

His hands came together and then his right palm faced her, the instructions to sleep left his lips and the next moment the already weakened Raika fell into the land of dreams. He had no idea why he had done it, why he panicked and put her to sleep, why he drained so much of her energy before coming to, what was real and what was a mere illusion. It quickly dawned on him that whatever was happening to him, to his mind, was dangerous...no, it made him dangerous to those around him. He had done something similar to enough people in the past to know what the end result was and a complete disassociation from reality was what inevitably lead everyone to do the worst of things and the biggest problem was that unlike the former test subjects he was powerful, whatever damage they did he could do 10, no! 100 times worse.

His body dropped to the ground and his hands held onto his red haired head as he started to mumble nearly inaudible words. Whatever was happening to him, whatever or whoever was doing that to him was not what he had initially thought. It was true that at first she might have had a hand in it but he had grown strong enough to be able to suppress her, yet he wasn't capable of doing that, she had control over souls but mental games and tricks were his field of expertize, to play with him to such an extent meant that she had either gotten far better than he could have possibly imagine or something else was at play.

After the point of no return, distance doesn't matter.

The thought popped into his head, it sounded like it was his but at the same time it felt odd, however it was right. He could escape and hide somewhere far away where he would not hurt those he cared about but at the same time once the true insanity set in he would seek them out because they were still there, in his memories.

As long as the memories remain, insanity will pick them up, twist them and use them against me.

Foreign yet...not, the thoughts surfaced again, and yet again they were right.

They are not safe as long as I remember.

The thought said.

"I should lock them up."

He murmured.

No, futile! I lock them and I can unlock them.

"Locking them up is useless."

Locking them up is useless, I need something better.

"Further out of reach."

The furthest.

"Further than I can reach."

Eliminate them.

"Eliminate?"

Delete them, perfect solution, permanent solution.

"Too much!"

Perfect solution, safe for ever.

"I can't, there are other ways..."

Perfect solution.

"...better ways."

Delete, no other way.

"I need them."

No other way, eliminate.

"Other ways."

Delete.

"I can't!"

Safe forever.

"No!"

You no longer have a choice.

He came to his sense just quick enough to notice his own left palm slam against his chest, right above the heart. A seal quickly formed on it, a seal he used to use long ago, a seal meant not to lock anything away but to completely erase it, eliminate them...memories.
He didn't even realize he had made the preparations, he didn't even notice he was placing it on himself already...but he did notice one thing, the source of the voice, the source of the illusions and dreams, not her but something on his body, something he had forgotten and discarded as useless...something that came back to haunt him. It made it's presence known and he acknowledged it, his mind acknowledged the mistake of leaving it be.

The memories began to fade, one by one, the faces of those that mattered began vanishing from existence. He had little time, there wasn't enough to counter or break the seal before it took full effect but there was time for two things. One claw formed and pricked the tip of another finger, the blood traced a line and the hands came together along with a few words. One of two was done, the other had to be short and quick so his back turned to the sleeping Raika and his clawed fingers began to carve.

Morning came and the room had a single person in it, a single person and a message carved into the wall.

"Please forgive me for whatever I do, when I don't remember you."

[END]

Ryuuchi

Previous

Return to Townships and Cityscapes