JUNGLE BOOGIE

[-]Sora Occupied Land | Demon Basilisk Swamp | Demon Tribe Village [-]
Located far to the east is this terrible and hostile land. The people here have become savage and live in a world with nothing of the peace that other nations take so greatly for granted. The land here is not for those iwth the mind to take a casual stroll. The land is laced with marshes and swamps, which house creatures more horrific then some can imagine. It is here that a gaint Demon Ninja Army has been formed in secret, amd were a war that other nations choose to ignore will be waged.

JUNGLE BOOGIE

PostPosted by Hanya » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 pm

He wasn't really sure how he had gotten there, the last thing he could remember was lying in the snow, half dead after his battle with his former comrade in arms, a fight just for the sake of testing their limits. Somehow though, he had woken up in chains again, though unbound by chakra restraints like the last time. Checking his body, the seal that had restricted him was gone, confirming that he could indeed be free whenever he wanted to. Still groggy, he finally began to realize that again he was on an airship, and the low chatter of what he presumed were guards was telling him everything he needed to know.

"So we really only got 30 survivors from all that wreckage? That's crazy. There's no way that this is going to turn a decent profit."

"Still, if we don't come back with anything, thats our heads. Id rather them go to the cobalt mines than us any day. We'll just have to do better next time."

The Cobalt Mines... I've heard about those.... that means i'm in.... was it the demon country? Shit. Well, I guess ishould be hitting the road.

He looked around, noting that he other prisoners were chained to the walls by their neck, with their hands and feet bound. He assumed he was the same, and so created a layer of chakra around his whole body, causing the shackles to slowly heat to red hot, then he stopped. He repeated this process over and over, for about five minutes, and at the last cooldown, he heard the telltale snap of success. He had caused the metal to become brittle from over working, and now he was free.

Standing up, the other prisoners began to call out to him, trying to gain their own freedom, but he wasn't a hero, he was something much more selfish. Moments later a large hole was blasted through the side of the ship and again he plummeted from the ship into the dense underbrush again.

"26 just escaped captain..."

The words came from a deckhand monitoring a series of devices on the bridge. A red light over the number 26 had began flashing and then went out, signalling the prisoners escape, to which the captain smiled. He had known there was something special about this "#26", he couldn't tell what, but he knew this guy was different.

"Well then, we will just have to send a couple of suits down to get him."

"Roger that.... Launching"
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: JUNGLE BOOGIE

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 pm

He was starting to really enjoy the feeling of free fall, sometimes streaking down to the earth like a bolt of lightning, fast and direct, or floating gently like an ember in a raging fire. It was the most adrenaline filled rush a person could get, and yet he felt beyond relaxed, free. Still though, he knew it couldn't last, and so with only moments left until he impacted the canopy of trees, he formed his hands into seals, engulfing himself in flames. Seconds later the flames took the shape of a large bird, supporting him on its back as it smoothed out, grazing the top of a tree and setting it ablaze before reaching a more manageable height.

Above, from the bottom of the ship, a hatch opened and three figures fell, large, intimidating, and propelled by what seemed to be miniature rockets. Of the three, the lead spotted Hannya and signaled to the other two, who quickly spread left and right, seeking to flank him. Even for their size they were incredibly fast, shortening the distance every moment as the lead took the direct route.

"We're coming 26..."
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Their appearance was silent, simply fading into existence from the edges of Hannya's perception. The dense foliage of the trees underneath only managed to obscure them for a moment before their forms became clear. Even as he noticed them, their attacks were already on the way,a bolt of lightning flying up, almost from the ground to the sky, defying all logic, and striking Hannya, sending him crashing to ground below. A moment later a shock wave rippled across the forest, toppling trees in its path until there was a clearing large enough for the two to see their target, his flaming body narrowly avoiding a falling giant. A second wave of air sent a mountain of dust and debris at Hannya, attempting to both blind him and sweep him up in its throughs, however, only by sheer speed was the wave avoided. He ran to the side, watching as the column of wind whizzed by him, sailing into the depths of the jungle behind him. Now, eyeing the two foes in the clearing he sized them up. They ware large, but he could see that they were nothing but ordinary people wearing some sort of steam powered battle suits. It was new to him, but nothing that shocked him too much.

"I guess they really wanted me to stay on that ship eh? Sorry to disappoint."

One, Two... wait.... I know I saw thr.....

His thought was left incomplete as a giant hand erupted from the earth, grabbing him by both legs and pulling him under partially. Within seconds he was being dragged through the ground towards his two opponents, just barley catching sight of the third at the edge of the clearing, crouched down with his hands in the dirt. The pair began to laugh uncontrollably, thier distracting ruse having worked perfectly, and with little more than a yelp Hannya was drug under.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm

The pair turned their two suits around, watching as their comrade began to sink as well, melding into the earth to capture and restrain his quarry. The hands of his suit had been connected by cables, and they had seen it many times before, he would grab a person, wrap them in the cables, and just like that they were captured.

"Shouldn't take long now... that guy was fast, but not fast enough. by the way, i might need to get this baby tuned up, it feels like its shaking or trembling or something."

The other suited man looked perplexed for a moment, finally speaking up.

"I'm not sure if that's you trembling, my suit is doing it too... and those rocks... Shit... That definitely not me trembling, look...."

An area of the ground began to glow red hot, shaking everything around it and hissing free steam, just before a column of flames erupted, sending one large lump of something landing hard in front of them. Looking down, there was a molten pile of metal, just barley recognizable as the top half of their comrade's suit. The place where his face would have been was melted and seared, but just barley, one could see the charred grey of bone, where skin had been seared clear off. Looking back up, the column of flames finally began to die down, giving view of the creature or person behind it. In its wake stood Hannya, two swords drawn, trails of fire still lingering on his clothing, and a fierce look in his eyes that burned even behind his trademark mask, straight through the two that stood in front of him.

"Nitoryu, Yaki Oni Giri"
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Hannya slowly crossed his swords over his chest, and the few lingering flames about began to crawl to them, igniting them. His eyes locked onto the giant that had been sending the concussive blasts of wind, his greatest threat, and began to charge his chakra. The flame trails that dancedon his clothing grew even brighter before fully igniting, giving him a flaming aura. The machined man aimed an arm at Hannya, which proved to have a sort of cannon on the end, something to channel the wind through, however he would not get a chance to use it to its full extent.

Without notice, Hannya ran towards him, his speed almost untraceable as he ducked down avoiding the incoming blast before launching up, knocking the cannon high. This change in trajectory caused the machine to tip, giving a breif momment for Hannya to examine it, and finding two cables linked from its body to the cannon, he severed them, ending the blast of air. A second swing cut through the metal, and flesh, dropping the cannon on the ground with a heavy thud, causing its previous owner to scream out in pain, stumbling backwards before falling over. Hannya's eyes didn't meet his again, as he turned to the demon of lightning.

Even in the face of imminent danger, the lightning wielding fighter felt no fear, he felt no anxiety, he only felt the urge to fight. He was a warriors spirit trapped in a machine, only feeling free when in combat, and even though he made his life doing the detestable, he still had some shred of honor and dignity.

Hannya slowly walked over to the demon, pulling his swords back before speeding up, eventually turning his walk into a jog, and his jog into a run. The other did the same, and they came at each other, like two asteroids on a path to collision. Trails of flame and lightning surrounded them and as the larger pulled out a sword, swinging it full force at Hannya only for him to jump over it, spinning on heel and aiming to end the fight quickly. Instead, their swords clashed, and a large explosion ensued. Again they backed up and ran at each other, and each clash brought a new explosion as the dirt and ground surrounding them was blown away with reach blow.

An upward swing countered by a step back. A horizontal slash blocked by two swords. A thrust, evaded. Their strikes were so fast, so fast indeed. Still though, as each bolt of lightning crackled and disappeared, the fire that raged around Hannya continued to grow, consuming the very area they fought in, igniting the underbrush. Soon it had turned to flames, flames that surrounded both of the fighters, and continued to grow. Hannya's eyes had glazed over, falling victim to the battle lust, and though he was winning the fight, he was loosing himself, his very mask feeding his desire to fight and to win, though his only true desire was to escape/ Still though, he would fight and fight and fight, even if it meant his body would collapse from exhaustion.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm

That exhaustion could be, and would be, felt on both sides, the heat causing the oil in the others suit to evaporate, making its movements slower as the time went by. Eventually, when it was all gone the suit would stop moving all together. Or maybe the battery would die, the power it took to swing the sword, to dodge, to keep up with the smaller targets speed, it was all quite taxing, little boosts from a thruster here and there draining the battery even further. Maybe even then, the heat from the battlefield would cause one of the two to give in, Hannya's own chakra both fueling the fire and protecting him from it. When he ran out of chakra, he would run out of protection. The other man's suit was his protection from the heat, but as it continued its exposure to the flames, the internal and external temperatures rose.

The ferocity of both their attacks increased, each slash becoming less artistic and more powerful, more direct, and more heated. The unusual increase in hannyas strength, coupled with the evaporating oil and drained batteries of the other proved to be too much for the suited man though, and Hannya's blows began wearing down the lightning giant. The unceremonius slashes that scraped metal did no damage, but through sheer number, some hit pipes and valves, letting out the precious steam that powered the suit. Before long, a single blow to the shoulder caused him to drop his sword, a main cable finally giving way and shutting down that arm. A second blow to the opposite shoulder disabled his other arm, causing them to simply flail around like flags in the wind. After that, a series of blows cut into the cords that would correspond with his tendons and muscles, rendering the meachine a sparking, steaming pile of nothing.
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Hannya broke off the engagement, slowly walking backwards, his eyes shining red in the glow of his own fire. He stared down the giant who's body had become his prison, unresponsive to his urges to move. With the cooling system down, he quickly began to feel the effects of the intense raging fire, his very skin burning and the armor he wore searing into him, cooking him from the outside in. It was only then that he truly began to fear death, not for it in its self, but for the fear that it would not be quick, it would not be painless, and that he would suffer for every moment. He yelled and screamed, the only muscles that still worked were the ones that controlled his voice. He was in indescribable pain, more torturous that anything he had experienced in the world, worse than anything he had seen done to a person. He longed to give in to the pain and die, but his body would not let him, it forced him to endure. His teammate had disappeared, crawled away and hid it seemed, leaving him to face the pain alone. He cursed the man infront of him, wishing death on him, wishing the samefate.

"Why do you curse me when you dont even know me. It was you that came after me, it was you that attacked me, and now you curse me because you met your fate?"

The strange glow had gone from his eyes and he took off the mask, allowing the heat to brush across his face, showing every flawless inch of his skin, unmarred by battle, his eyes unaffected by the man's pain. He didn't care about the man in the least bit, he had won, and this man had lost, but Hannya, no matter how callous he was, he was not evil, and he was not cruel.

Raising his hand, all the fire around him began to gather, swirling together in one ball, bringing an unusual breeze with it as it formed and spun.

"Do not hate me, and do not curse me. Thank me, because I will send you to the afterlife quickly."

And with that, he plunged the ball into the chest of the machine, sending a raging wave of flames across everything, burning a hole in the middle of it while exploding it from the inside out, instantly killing the man and littering the ground with machine parts.

"Yet again... I count only two.... but I know there were three..."
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Hanya » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pm

The man had escaped his suit, leaving the useless pile of junk in a bog as he ran through the jungle. He clutched his arm with his other, the entire thing from the elbow down missing, the stump wrapped in clothing. He looked to the sky, the harsh sun eclipsed by the canopy of trees. If he could get into the open, if he could get back to the ship then everything would be fine. He would get chewed out for a bit, but then everything would be okay. If he could just get to where he needed to be.

If just.

"Now what do we have here.... A human, in the demon country? And injured? Oh what a poor poor little thing."

The voice was sweet, sweet and gentle like a lullaby, and yet the way the vowels curled, he knew that it could be nothing good. The way the voice had called him human...

"Who are... Just leave me alone lady..."

Indeed, it was a woman on the other side of him, stepping out from behind a tree to look him in the face. Her white hair and red eyes seemed ghostly, but her odd lack of clothing and blood stained bandages proved even more frightful, that and the large jagged sword she carried over her shoulder, bouncing it up and down as she got closer.

"Im warning you lady! back up! Back up! Back argagagaggagagagagrhhhhhhhhhH!"

Birds scattered.

armored form of his enemy. His vision was blurry, his focus shifting around from thing to thing. He hadn't felt this defeated in years, and yet he knew that it was his time. He wasn't able to fight anymore. His body wouldn't respond to him. It was trembling, not out of fear, but out of...
Hanya
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Return to Demon Country